IMG_1667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1323 1 year ago

I dunno..a sonic pin without a verticle loop? Blashphemy

#1360 1 year ago

Has there ever been a pinball machine with a shooter lane skill shot like the bowling ball hill games?

Thinking 3-4 hills with 2-3 dips with exits. It would work kind of like Funhouse step ramps, but be the main skill shot for the normal shooter lane.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
10 months later
#2435 1 year ago

That's odd, in the ad section there someone taking pre-order money for a new run of Houdini? It looks like another company is remaking them? I didn't think that game was popular enough to need a re-run?

10 months later
#3778 88 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

People always say this and AP offered it with their first few titles but got no support.
Community can’t bark if you don’t bite.

No, they were marginally cheaper, but not nearly cheap enough. Now..that being said. I thought Oktoberfest looked packed, but I've never seen one in public anywhere to try it.

#3815 87 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My head would explode and I would die, I wouldn’t even get to play my dream theme

Unfortunately I feel that the closest you might get is a pachinko machine.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3833 86 days ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

There's not many themes that could get me to buy a brand new pin, but Lego is definitely one of them. If done correctly, it could/would be awesome.

There is no way a generic lego pin could be done in a way that I'd be happy with. Might be better as a Lego theme story like the movies.

#3848 86 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Price Is Right is a stronger pinball theme because it actually lends itself to pinball form. You can recreate the famous stage games. It has iconic sounds associated with the show. (I don't think it would sell, but I can at least mentally picture what the game would look like)

backbox plinko here we come!

#3852 86 days ago

How much for that carton of eggs Janet?
Janet: $1
Bob: You silly silly woman. Retail price is $4.99. Janet must still think this is the 60's!.

#3888 85 days ago

My prediction is the big announcement is the signature editions are increasing to 30k at the end of the month so you better buy them now before they sell out.

#3919 84 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I can’t wait to hear the news on the stream. Hopefully it’s a nice theme. I bet it will be a re-release of hot wheels where the cab looks like a car

I'd take an oktoberfest that converts to a keg and chills beer.

#4028 80 days ago

Riot? Is that a person or Riot as in the League of Legends company?

#4030 80 days ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Riot Pinball... Wrath of Olympus, Legends of Valhalla.

Ah okay.

1 week later
#4083 70 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yes, that right there is the crux of why original themes are a bad idea. "I want original themes but I wanted it like this instead of what they did" "I want original themes but not THAT original theme!"

Um...yeah...but that also holds exactly true for licensed themes. ....

1 week later
#4124 62 days ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I've seen posts on Pinside where people say they want to be buried in the cabinet of their favorite pinball machine, such as Indiana Jones the Pinball Adventure. I hear that Nordman is following up GTF (the pin that converts into a tank) with a Dracula pin that converts into a coffin. The LE comes with side handles for the pallbearers and a plush lining.

Go on.............

I know you are joking, but...that would be great.

2 weeks later
#4291 47 days ago

OMG I really thought the whole generic BBQ thing was a joke. LOL.

#4305 47 days ago
Quoted from Dimperio620:

Please think about this and not get all up in my grill about my comments here.
The steaks have never been higher for American pinball to deliver.
I was hoping this new machine would have a beefier playfield.
There were some missteaks made with GTF. It seemed like they just winged it.
I'd steak my reputation that American Pinball will come through and help Barry's family out.
I know some my pass on this title, but I think I will brisket.
I'm hoping this new title is going to be grate!

You forgot /flame on!

#4326 47 days ago

Fed Ex the game. Plays like the racing games that you have to meet expectations quotas or the game ends. No more 3 ball games. Just 1 ball, timed, based on performance. Boom.

#4427 40 days ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Ap is looking more and more like the cat with nine lives, but surely cuphead must be the final nail?
This just cant be true?
Why not minesweeper or tic, tac, toe?
How many people on earth has any association/relation to cuphead?
0.5% ?
So you´re actually building a game where you exclude 99.5% of potential customers in a niche hobby?
nobody can be that stupid.....

So, let me say it this way. Tic Tac Toe/Minesweeper: Boomer
Cuphead: Not Boomer - but also boomer

Cuphead is popular. It is niche yes, much in the way that Rick & Morty is (but popular). It's a newer theme enjoyed by gamers across multiple age brackets. It is a slightly better theme choice than Hot Wheels IMO (even though that is similar and more widely known amongst the boomers).

Everyone needs to get out of the sell as many as Stern mindset.

#4428 40 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

That was the biggest letdown for me with the game. I was so pumped up about Cuphead for years. I thought it was going to be an action platformer. What few platforming levels are sprinkled into the game are pretty lame and boring. The game is all boss fights which I don't find to be particularly fun, and never have been my favorite part of any classic game. The shoot em up levels were ok but again just way too sparse. Sad, the game had soooo much potential but it was a big miss for me. I know some people still love it for whatever reason but its far from what I was hoping for. I would much prefer a Shovel Knight pinball instead, as that game was an absolute masterpiece in my eyes.

I keep seeing this and I'm wondering if I played the same game? The only thing this had was shmups and boss fights. There was a 'map' but that was not a platformer and it was never advertised as a platformer. Were there actual platform running/jumping levels?

#4467 37 days ago

I know people say they don't want more band pins, but I think if you tapped Jack Black and Kyle to do callouts for an original theme - or even Tenacious D, it would be a winner. I bet they'd even write a few songs specifically for the game and perhaps even come up with the theme for you. It might be crazy....but I doubt it would completely suck.

#4486 34 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

For some reason people continue to argue like original vs licensed is all that matters. Instead of listening to the actual companies that tell you why they do it and how it benefits them.
Meanwhile... companies pre-sell games by the hundreds based on the title alone... while games like BBQ and LOV launch, and people want to see video, experience, play, before they decide to buy.
See the difference?
So let's keep it real simple for folks... an unlicensed theme has to prove itself and convince people to buy/play - often in a crowded space. A licensed title people already have an attachment to gets a VIP pass to the buyer's wallet.
A licensed title is a head start in sales, development, and a shortcut to an audience's emotions. Original content has to start from scratch in those categories, and companies don't always have that luxury to wait around and build all that up.. while for paying a tax, they can get that boost and deal with it's constraints.
No one has 20yr old nostaglia for a new original title that came out last month. But people do for a brand/identity from their past. Games are selling direct to buyers by and large now. That's who the companies are chasing...

So you're telling me that if this was themed Guy Fieri's Buckeroo BBQ Bonanza or K.C. Masterpiece Master Pit Chef Challenge people'd be chomping at the bit to buy this?

Or...Just to keep it in the real real... this was themed Back to the Future but just as it is?

The theme is the least of the issues with this particular game.

the new black knight didn't sell poorly because it wasn't a known IP. It was VERY known in the community. It sold poorly because it isn't that fun. I loved absolutely everything about it...except shooting it.

GTF sold poorly because of it's approach to the theme they chose. The game is not a bad shooter, but they have quality issues, and many people objected to their approach to the live assets and 'ice cream'. Because apparently these days things have to be serious and make sense in pinball. It's too expensive for what it is as well.

Anyone throwing 7k-10k down on a game they haven't even tried is insane anyway.

You want to charge premium prices, you gotta come with a premium product on all fronts. The space is too crowded now and most of your customer base has to be choosy.

#4488 34 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

But know what... it sold a ton of games before people even knew how good or bad it was. And it still sold a ton more games than any AP game.
Same as a BTTF game would...
One option creates sales with a name... the other requires you to prove yourself first.

and by the time you shipped a game many would have cancelled. I agree name gets the hype, but it really is only part of the equation. There's been many a theme I've been really excited for only to see the actual table and gameplay and totally lose interest.

#4493 34 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Back to the Future pin with no time travel but lots of BBQ stock footage would be a bit confusing, but probably day 1 purchase for many.

No no, BTTF themed....not BBQ, saying BTTF pin, but with the currrent playfield.

#4512 31 days ago

I realize the aesthetic may lead you to believe that Cuphead vs. Steamboat Willy are interchangable...they are not. Steamboat Willy only applies to the oldest of the oldest. Cuphead has a similar aesthetic, but it is a bit more twisted in its theme and obviously within the last decade.

It's like comparing Fallout aesthetic to the actual 50's ideas.

#4544 29 days ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I preordered a deluxe GTF and waited almost a year for it because AP insisted on slowly building all the LE tank versions first (other than a few deluxes for shows). I never would have purchased the goofy tank version, but I love the look of the deluxe and Franchi's artwork on it. The good thing about the long wait is it came with all the factory fixes eliminating target bending and airballs.
AP spent a lot of money flying in actors and making special costumes and paying them to appear at Expo (Barry O's BBQ Challenge is priced less because they cheaped out and used stock footage of grilled meats for the LCD). But the LCD images for GTF look really good. They just needed someone to write better dialogue for the actors. Better yet if the selectable "adult" mode worked (it does not) and the dialoge was risqué (instead of juvenile) and they had let former Playboy Playmate Kerri Hoskins lower her zipper and show some cleavage.
The playfield quality and light show are terrific. I like the rules and gameplay. WMS pins AFM and RFM both depict aliens in flying saucers abducting cows. GTF shows us aliens want the cows for making ice cream, thus the game's premise should be entirely reasonable to pinball enthusiasts. Two friends of mine came over and played GTF and loved the special lighting of the pop bumpers as they went thru the meltdown sequence, the special lighting of the cow dangling from the saucer, and the special lighting of the planet with rings aginst the back panel mirror. (You probably find it unbelievable that I have two friends.) And neither one had any problem with the alien tank and spy-bot toys being 3D printed. In fact, the great light show makes the robot look good when it pops up in the tank during gameplay.
I liked AP's Houdini and Oktoberfest and LoV, but not enough to buy any of them. And AP's BBQ pin doesn't look good to me at all. But I'm glad to have my GTF deluxe. Now I'm just waiting for my Labyrinth (with topper) and my Scooby topper to arrive.

To be fair...your friends didn't pay for the thing. Big difference in expectation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,495.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball?tu=Zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.