IMG_1667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scoot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#397 2 years ago

The next API pin...

greatest_american_hero (resized).pnggreatest_american_hero (resized).png
1 week later
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Furnace and AC now scheduled for 3rd week of June. @ AP can you get me the next new title by then ??

I know exactly what you mean. I am buying a home and trying to see if I can pick up a Houdini I ordered during the same time period. Priorities...

1 week later
#431 2 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

Future game is rumored a hip hop theme....finally.

I can't imagine any hip hop theme that I would be interested in.

Maybe Milli Vanilli...

2 weeks later
#510 2 years ago

Looking forward to #4.

20210621_195324 (resized).jpg20210621_195324 (resized).jpg
#518 2 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

Of the three, do you have a favorite?

It really depends what kind of mood I'm in. I probably put the most time on Oktoberfest, but that is because I can get a really long game out of it. Houdini and Oktoberfest are similar with tons of modes and with lots of different strategies. I love them both. Hotwheels is noticeably different in that at its surface it plays fun and fast, but it is deceptively deep. I love how dangerous the rpm targets are and getting to 5th gear is no joke. Hotwheels story is silly and and fun for everyone who plays it. If I want a quick game I usually play Hotwheels.

I am still figuring out Houdini. I have a unique perspective as I bought these pins in reverse order. My first was Hotwheels, then Oktoberfest, and Houdini last. So I haven't spent enough time with it to give an honest opinion. All I can say is a few shots are very challenging and very rewarding, and completing modes are somewhat difficult for me. I can't get enough of locking a ball in the trunk though.

Right now I'd have to say I enjoy Oktoberfest the most because of its challenging ramp shots, it's funny and quirky call outs, and it feels very rewarding to play.

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Highgate? Can we be friends?

We already are. I bought a baywatch from you I think.

2 weeks later
#557 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

That doesn't mean they couldn't stop by in here to say hi, tell us it's on the way, or anything else to hype things up a little. Their employees are pretty active in other threads, so it'd be cool to see them come over

All good. It's coming. Hang in there.

So I heard somewhere (maybe it was here) that the next pin is unlicensed, followed by a licensed pin? Are we going to see a pin this year and maybe one next year? Has anyone heard if Joe Balcer is continuing to do the next pins?

1 month later
#660 2 years ago

Crickets...

1 month later
#853 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Sherlock Holmes is simply one of the most well know characters ever created, even kids know who and what carrer Holmes is famous for.
I've read all the original stories, dozens of pastiche novels.
Jeremy Brett's Holmes was my favorite adaptation..
The modern Cumberbatch version is alot of fun also.
If done well, a Sherlock pin could be amazing.

I could see a mode where you have to hit certain shot to find clues to solve a mystery. Of course Who dunnit kind of did that already.

#881 2 years ago

This would be a great IP for American Pinball to get.

LEGO_logo.svg (resized).pngLEGO_logo.svg (resized).png
1 week later
#896 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

O.K. Here is the strategy… if it’s Sherlock Holmes and it looks fun I get that if it something else I just buy a new Houdini. Either way American Pinball stockholders will be happy.

I have a somewhat modest collection of pinball machines and I love them all, but lately I have been playing almost primarily Houdini, and Oktoberfest. I can't seem to get enough of those two pins right now. Every mode feels like a different game and is highly appealing. Why worry about the next American Pinball machine and pick yourself up a Houdini that you can play right now. You won't regret it. Just make sure you pick one up with the upgraded package with new power supply, shaker and knocker. The games are the best value in pinball right now, hands down.

#1067 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I'm not sure why you think that. These are many of the same things that are on Stern LEs (powder coating, HD glass, shaker, different/better backglass, different apron) and those seem to consistently hold their value relative to prem and pro editions of the same game. In reselling, it's items like that that tend to keep their value.
Personally I don't care about the 300 vs. 500 thing. This wasn't the best way they could handle it, but it's not a huge crime or anything either. If people bought one to flip because of the very limited 300 number, well, ha ha. All of us who bought one to play (as I just did an hour ago) probably don't care about 300 or 500.

I agree with you 100%. So what if they raised the number to 500. I am so happy for API to finally release their next pinball machine.

Also in the mail today...

20211025_163112 (resized).jpg20211025_163112 (resized).jpg
#1119 2 years ago

It appears that American pinballs website is down.

3 months later
#1262 2 years ago

Crickets...

#1273 2 years ago

I just brought home the latest edition from API. The quality of these machines are superb and the latest is exceptionally beautiful. The mirrored backglass on LOV is a sight to behold. I already told my distributor to put me down for their next release. Thank you API for making some of the best machines in the business.

20220223_210433 (resized).jpg20220223_210433 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Vikings are relevant

Legends of Valhalla is such a great shooting pin. The flow is tremendous.

1 week later
#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

I would be shocked if they announced anything. They’re really behind on LoV and despite that some dealers might have open slots, the truth is AP is still filling those sold. They appear to be building HW and OF still which is strange to me considering the new one is so behind but perhaps specific parts are the issue.
Hoping they can catch up and get back on track soon!

I know we are all chomping at the bit to hear about their next pin, but I agree with you, there needs to be more exposure to the existing titles.

2 months later
#1404 1 year ago

I'm still hoping it is Sherlock Homes. I absolutely love my Houdini and want something like the same for SH.

1 month later
#1469 1 year ago

I have no doubt that someday Houdini will be as sought after as some of the greatest out there. I will go out on a limb and say I'd rather play Houdini over the Monster Bash, AFM, and maybe even IJ. It is that good.

1 month later
#1591 1 year ago

I was talking pinball to some friends the other day and someone in the crowd said that AP's next pinball game is going to be a space cowboy theme. I didn't get a chance to talk to them about where they heard that from but has anyone heard that?

2 weeks later
#1611 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I really feel it's time for AP to go all in on a major licensed theme that creates FOMO
Seems like time may be running out with the way the economy is going.
I have liked their games, but have yet felt compelled to buy one.

You are missing out. Home environment with Houdini, Oktoberfest and LOV has been amazing. I can't wait for their next title.

20220223_210414 (resized).jpg20220223_210414 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1739 1 year ago

Dave you are an awesome guy. Good luck to you.

#1760 1 year ago

I have been extremely fortunate to have owned all of the API pins so far in my collection. Yes, I am a big fan boy of their pins, but rightfully so. The build quality, unique themes, playfield designs, and spectacular customer service have drawn me to American Pinball like no other company has. Some have said that with each new pin API produces, the better they get. While I do enjoy their latest offering Valhalla, I am still drawn to their original pins, Houdini and Oktoberfest. There is something magical with those pins that I find so endearing to me. Maybe it is the cool toys, or the tight shots, or the awesome coding, or the variety of game modes. Whatever API did with their first two machines that makes me want to play them every day, I hope their next offering has that same magical recipe. I will gladly wait patiently knowing I will be getting a unique, well built, original themed, and awesome shooting pinball machine to add to my lineup.

20220223_210414 (resized).jpg20220223_210414 (resized).jpg
#1765 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

LOV is really good and I LOVE OKT. How do you like Hot Wheels compared to the others?

Hot Wheels is a great licensed pin from API. Shaker and knocker integration, RGB lighting, and screen animations are among the best of all their pins. I especially liked the risk/reward when hitting the RPM targets. Loop Crash Multiball, Finishing in first place, and battling the main creatures were highlights for me. The theme is very approachable and everyone in my family enjoyed it. However, the game did not stay in my possession very long. I am not sure why, but it didn't hold my interest as much as all the other pins from API. I have had Oktoberfest for the same amount of time and I still want to play it every day (currently, Oktoberfest is probably my #1 of all my pins). Hot Wheels was a great theme for me too, but in the end, I just didn't find myself playing it much after a few months. If I had unlimited resources, I would never have sold it and I do miss playing it, but it went towards the purchase of LOV and I don't regret it.

#1773 1 year ago
Quoted from WODKA:

I got that 90s Williams/Bally feel with Hot Wheels. Played that and JJP Guns N Roses at the same evening and Hot Wheels won by far. I was really drunk though

I think the results would have been the same even if you were sober.

1 month later
#1850 1 year ago

Houdini and Oktoberfest are equally great. Very unique, super fun game modes, and awesome mechanics and toys.

2 months later
#1952 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

About Flippin time!

#2067 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I haven't had one since Houdini, but they definitely need to make their service menus more operator friendly. Operators don't care about cute, themed, slow-to-navigate graphical service menus that are poorly organized. They want to get in, make adjustments or manage audits, and get out. Houdini's service menu and 6 month audit reset bug that made the audits worthless is the reason the operator I worked with got rid of the machine.

I can understand a bug making things difficult, but I find AP menus simple and easy.

1 week later
#2219 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

Would be awesome to include one with the game

I would expect it in the bag of extra plastics.

1 week later
#2430 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Does that mean we wont see the play field till TPF?

Latest rumor is a play reveal this weekend.

#2447 1 year ago

BT is a great idea. I have BT on my tooth brush, it shouldn't be hard to have it on a pinball machine.

2 weeks later
#2547 1 year ago

Now that GTF is heading to customers, what is the next pinball from AP? Will we finally see White Water 2.0 or is the best home brew pin to production still in the works?

#2570 1 year ago
master-chief-mjolnir-mark-vi-gen-3_01 (resized).jpgmaster-chief-mjolnir-mark-vi-gen-3_01 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#2848 7 months ago

Houdini and Oktoberfest are awesome pins.

I'm still wishing and hoping for a Sherlock Holmes. Build it and I will buy it.

2 weeks later
#3003 7 months ago

What originally got me interested with AP was the amount of premium components in their machines for the price. When Houdini first appeared, it was priced less than a premium but was loaded like an LE. With such great innovations like the catapults, stage door, and reversing flippers (straight jacket is one of my favs) and a true backglass, I couldn't resist buying one. AP was showing everyone that they could put out a beautiful, fully loaded machine and also have it at a great price point. AP ended up being my first NIB experience as I couldn't afford the much higher price points from other manufacturers.

I am just one opinion and it means nothing here on these forums but what also has me liking AP so much was the coding and great game modes. I'm mostly referring to both Houdini and Oktoberfest. These two machine has some of the most creative and fun modes in all of pinball. The first time I experience SOBER on Oktoberfest, or crossing your arms and playing reverse flippers on Houdini, I knew there was a lot of creativity and effort put into the different modes. And thay are fun.

I truly hope AP can somehow manage to find their way back to what got me interested in playing their games. Machines loaded with cool toys and fun modes for a great price.

5 months later
#4345 44 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Every pin AP releases would be a company ender but they've got a rich uncle. Seriously. Is this just a write off to reduce AIMTRON's tax liability? Did the nephew pull the uncle out of a burning building as a teenager?
I mean, must be nice. My rich uncle wouldn't even buy me a burger if I asked.

I don't understand how you think all of AP pins would have ended a different company. Houdini, Oktoberfest, Hot Wheels and even GTF have been excellent top tier games. Yes, there have been many issues and head scratching decisions with GTF, but to denounce all of their offerings is straight up ridiculous. Houdini and Oktoberfest are among some of the best pins around.

It is clear however, that with each new release, AP is seemingly going in the wrong direction. Let's hope that they can turn things around before it becomes too late.

#4365 42 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, seems like two spots that chip. By the magnet and on the right up kick. I emailed cliff about cliffys but he never replied. I was hoping they made them as I couldn’t find it on his site

I got an email from Cliffy and he stated he is starting orders from July. I imagine he will make them eventually but being a one man operation, it may be a while. Worth it though.

#4369 42 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Now that BBQ is out of the way, maybe now we can get back to "the next American Pinball".... hopefully a good game.
Com'on Yeti..... com'on mechs

All they need to do to get back on track is to release the rumored Sherlock Holmes pin everyone is waiting for.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scoot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball?tu=Scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.