IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
biff (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Dang, you figured it out! We just barely beat out Stern to snag The Melvins license. Nice sleuthing!

Of all the places to see a Melvins reference...nicely done! Since Zombie Yeti has done Melvins concert posters, does this confirm he is on contract for game #4 art?

2014.Melvins.Orlando.ZombieYeti__04236.1417649171.1280.1280 (resized).jpeg2014.Melvins.Orlando.ZombieYeti__04236.1417649171.1280.1280 (resized).jpeg

For more obscure off-topic pinball/Melvins trivia, KingBuzzo is the default loopin supers champ on the latest GB code.

2 years later
#4346 37 days ago

I just happen to notice that Turner dropped an update on youtube for Ninja Eclipse. With the new overhaul, this looks to be the real competitor for BBQ as another unlicensed theme for under $7k. It makes for a new and interesting comparison to see how BBQ settles in the NIB marketplace. I can only imagine this will make it that much tougher for AP sales.
https://turnerpinball.com/games/

#4349 37 days ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Maybe. Not sure either are cutting into general pinball sales or Stern's sales. He would have been smart to be under stern pro pricing, like $6,500. Choosing his brand (not just theme), over the established Stern or AP brand is a tough sales pitch. I think it would be easy to walk past BBQ and Ninja at TXPF and subsequently keep $7k safe.

For sure. Neither causes any kind of blip to Stern sales. I played BBQ and Jaws back to back a couple days ago and for me at least they are not even in the same ballpark for even basic enjoyable play. That said, I do understand there is a definable group of enthusiasts who seek out unlicensed games. If that group is maybe 200 people, AP now has to compete even in that niche of a niche at a price point that was thought to be their own.

Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Turner doesn’t have a track record, where AP does. Of course that also means Turner doesn’t have any of the baggage that AP has. And, in my opinion, Ninja Eclipse is a way better theme than BBQ.

Right, no track record first game should be bring a lot of cautious speculation. But they both will be side by side starting at TPF. It will be easy to compare. Just on the face of it, Turner has a more interesting theme, a layout with more mechs, better video assets (unless you have a kink for meat cutting p0rn?), better looking cabinet with powder coating, etc etc. I am buying neither, but am still interested to see how this plays out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8,495.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball?tu=RobF and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.