IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
biff (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MegaFeenix.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#361 2 years ago

Dear American Pinball: I want to buy a Sherlock Holmes game.

5 months later
#753 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

On the new pin front, I am considering letting TMNT go if LOV ends up being announced.

What does LOV stand for? It doesn’t look like an abbreviation for Sherlock Holmes so I’m scared.

#800 2 years ago

All I know is video game licenses are very untapped. Resident Evil alone would do very well. I say base it on Resident Evil 2 so you can do a post launch patch with a Nemesis Resident Evil 3 mode.

2 weeks later
#892 2 years ago

O.K. Here is the strategy… if it’s Sherlock Holmes and it looks fun I get that if it something else I just buy a new Houdini. Either way American Pinball stockholders will be happy.

#897 2 years ago

This may turn out to be super good advice cause they could announce a price increase as well considering their games have more in them then most stern premiums and they are 9k now.

#1050 2 years ago

300 then to 500 is still a limited run. Not to mention we are still at the beginning now if in 2 years they release Ragnarok Edition that’s when I’m throwing the penalty flag.

#1060 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Who knows if they are done increasing it yet. If these 200 additional sell today then why not up it to 1000?

Why not indeed? Limited editions suck a lot of fun out of too many hobbies. Get F’ed LE worshippers and flippers!

#1086 2 years ago

If the special announcement is Sherlock Holmes or Jack the Ripper I’m gonna shit!

#1088 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I'd be even more excited if it's Sonic Spinball!

O.K. Yours is technically better because success seems to be driven by new games and licensing. I want American Pinball domination.

#1096 2 years ago

Hell yeah!

#1143 2 years ago

It is nuts. The discourse over gatekeeping SE buyers of Cactus Canyon from buying a topper later is nearly as big as this thread that’s years old.

10 months later
#1616 1 year ago

Hyped to see this new game. FRANCHI OR BUST!! Woooooo

3 months later
#1863 1 year ago

I feel like American pinball is in a good spot, the majority of pinball fans I talk to have them on their radar. People are waiting on a theme that grabs them. I personally had 2 themes I liked out the gate with Houdini and Oktoberfest now I’m chomping at the bit for this new game.

#1903 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I remember there was some scuttlebutt about a possible Sherlock Holmes pin by American Pinball. I saw that the few books by Conan Doyle that weren't already in the public domain go public domain at the start of next year. That makes Holmes a fully fair use character for anyone who wants a recognizable theme without the licensing costs or approvals process.

I hope this theme is still alive.

1 month later
#1929 1 year ago

American pinball makes other arcade games that can keep the business up, but it would be nice to get their new original game soon.

#1935 1 year ago

The redemption game must be what I’m thinking of. I also thought there were more.

2 weeks later
#2081 1 year ago

Hopefully after they go public at TPF American Pinball take it to the Midwest Gaming Classic the very next weekend.

#2200 1 year ago

Foo Fighters looks great and the team made Jack look like a million bucks so that’s awesome. I’m still hear for some Galactic Tank Force.

1 week later
#2341 1 year ago

If we are gonna talk all this strategy and we don’t have the numbers… I have been wondering why they don’t cut Houdini, Oktoberfest, and Hot Wheels from this evergreen spot. Then maybe launch 2 games this year if they can.

1 month later
#2577 1 year ago

Music pin.
Lady Gaga.

3 months later
#2649 9 months ago

Makes me nostalgic for when things didn’t need to be a license to get people’s attention. You went to Frontier Land not Star Wars Land back then.

Now you got people trying to defend Scooby-Doo like it’s not a childish theme. First off IT IS, second and more importantly why is that a bad thing? You all really suck for not buying Houdini and Oktoberfest is what I’m really trying to say here.

#2662 9 months ago

Talking about licensing always makes me wonder how many are just being held onto or the relationship left kinda half negotiated? Like what could AP realistically get that isn’t on Stern or JJPs radar that is still viable for a strong game for them? A comic book version of Batman is notably absent for example.

#2673 8 months ago

A music pin is the best option. Or do a music label and get a best of kinda vibe going and build basically an original theme around it.

#2701 8 months ago

I wish I was in on some of the T whatever happened at American pinball with all the shake ups. All I know is they started strong with Houdini and Oktoberfest.

#2704 8 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Right around December 2020 perhaps?

Lmao I know Fix is killing our favorite pinball company but did he also hit and run your dog?

4 weeks later
#2825 7 months ago

A lot of people are not gonna like this but the correct answer is Taylor Swift or Lady GaGa music pin with a build that targets location play.

2 weeks later
#3002 7 months ago

It is always sad that people in general would rather watch Darth Vader dance to Michael Jackson in Disney World. If you crave and value originality P3 systems and American Pinball are it.

2 months later
#3326 5 months ago

It’s very excited to hear they are not giving up the good fight on original themes. The theme will need a strong direction, Houdini and Oktoberfest for example did feel fun and like something solid. GTF feels like the thought process was random = comedy, comedy = genius.

1 month later
#3473 3 months ago

Stephen King pin with as many references as possible.

#3499 3 months ago

If it’s possible for them to make GTF a budget friendly title that would be awesome. 7k being the goal 6,500 would be amazing. I just don’t know how much room there is to play with price, so this is easy for me to say/daydream.

1 week later
#3591 86 days ago

I will always mourn the what ifs of that Sherlock Holmes game from years ago but I’m actually interested in Food Truck.

1 week later
#3978 77 days ago

1 month later
#4283 41 days ago

This could be fun… can’t wait for gameplay.

#4356 37 days ago

A.P.’s fate isn’t too roll over and die but in stead live with crippling dementia. True tragedy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, ME
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MegaFeenix.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball?tu=MegaFeenix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.