nirmal (resized).jpeg
fix_shopping_at_TPF (resized).jpg
PXL_20240314_200511076 (resized).jpg
IMG_1220.gif
weird science.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9f9dbfb9c468bd42 (resized).png
IMG_3964 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JagDaniels.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#355 2 years ago

A lot changend on all the AP games since the release. These guys still release absolutly amazing updates for example houdini with improved lightshows new sound effects etc. Houdini is amazing now, it's so packed with features, modes and quality.

I also hope they will make some unusual features or first of its art features again

I love that the display is not in the middle on my hot wheels as i like it on my cirqus voltaire !

6 months later
#920 2 years ago

Btw. I love the backbox design, it will look nice next to my hotwheels and houdini

#1043 2 years ago

Ah... Let me remember, munster LE was raised up in numbers, Jersey Jack made a Hobbit LE version, smaug gold edition, back arrow, woz yellow brick, emerald edition etc.

AP could have made a Gold Iron edition with 300 and a different coating metal edition... Or a special additional valhalla edition with 200 more and for sure a

"hello kitty strawberry juice party family friendly viking edition"...

#1118 2 years ago

Bring your homebrew to stern an see what happens...

It's awesome that a company is interested in homebrews at all, so far the experience from riot pinball seems to be pretty good.

I feel when David Fix said we will never bring a homebrew again, also people would moan about it as usual.

1 week later
#1154 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I don't remember any other manufacturer holding back on giving prices after a release is official and out there. This is just very odd that there is only pricing for one of the models.
If they wait until they start building Classics to tell us the price it could be a Very Long Wait. They will lose some sales to other brands if they do this.
I really like AP and bought the first three titles new. Not knowing what the Classic model will cost though is discouraging and strange.

Yes, tbh... I feel the same way, also because the classic and deluxe features are clear

4 weeks later
#1178 2 years ago

I will pass on LOV, still no information about the prices... But masters of the universe would be my dream theme, i will hope and wait .

2 months later
#1242 2 years ago

I'am happy that a company takes care at all. You always support your customers in a great way.

I had a dropped hot wheels NIB, the box was beaten like hell and unfortunately the impact broke the wood including the decals. My distributor was responding but without the service of AP he probably never would have changed the cabinet.

Even in a thread like this (including all the rubbish said...) they respond.

--> Dave Brennan is service at its best !

--> Josh Kugler and his team still solve anything they can codewise and add new content to houdini ! Somebody said : We need more shaker use....
In the next update you can feel it already. They asked the customers for new modes and ideas, and now you have team mode.

--> Joe also is a great guy and helps out answering any question

Pinball is all about fun, and not everyone likes a pollished highclass license. I'am really sure both JJP and stern have more ressources to build new machines than Spooky, AP or Pinball brothers. But i am really glad there is something different then JJP and stern, they are not affordable anymore. 15k for an LE or 23k for an CE ?

Guys... what the hell is going on.

Lets enjoy the variety of pinball. I am excited for the next AP titel, and hope it comes soon.

11 months later
#1946 1 year ago

Is there any other company that turned down the mrsp because of less features ?
They reduced it for hot wheels.
The one thing i don't like is that outstanding people leave the company, again and again.

1 week later
#1968 1 year ago

... a company that reduced prices because of less features (hot wheels), that integrated mods into the code (houdini water tank), is very active in forums (compared to stern), offers a classic version with all features for less money (Lov), does a game about german beer (cheers to that), has no chipping on pf, regular lock bar, regular power switch (damn i hate to climb behind my sterns)

I like many things on my ap pins

#1996 1 year ago

AP lost some good people...

Michael Grant, Josh and...
Dave Brennan the best support guy in the whole pinball universe.

Still AP is my favorit company, but there was some shade :

The critics on streaming and streamers, talking about hardware updates that never happened like a jump ramp for hot wheels, annoucing scorbit cooperation thats maybe not around the corner, the "we will produce your homebrew contest"...

I wish them really all the best ! Don't get me wrong, but they had some questionable decisions.

#2072 1 year ago

So strange... I feel like AP has the best menu ever, i mean it shows all switches at one time ? Stern simulates a dmd on a lcd display ?
I remember changing speech and music on my Gotg... I had to watch a youtube video of deadflip to get the settings right, also finding the right music / speech attenuation ? I was looking for Speech volume and music volume...

Stupid me

But sure it's personal preference as always...and i never used audits. Because homeuse only...

#2165 1 year ago

Mhmm... I don't get it. Teaser shows some things, like music and a bit of the art direction, definitely some retro vibes... Old school scifi...
I feel people already decided, not even seeing a pic of the game.

I am excited to see more.

1 week later
#2260 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I think it would be a mistake to wait to launch at TPF. Machines are never their best in a loud, packed hall. Can’t hear the sound, voltage drop/mushy flippers, poor lighting, line of people behind you…. Hard to recover a flawed first impression, especially with all the competition. Get out in front with professional marketing and video of some top players making the game shine - like everyone else is doing. If they put out a Nordman/Franchi/Ferret/Josh packed world-under-glass at their current price point they will sell plenty of games. Guessing there are lots of “old guys with $$” that would much rather have an original retro, sci-fi pin then a Sat. morning cartoon, some band they don’t really know, or old mafia drama.

I agree ! I always love license free themes that make you imagine the story bebind.
Houdini, Black Knight Sor, or even Heist /the new p3 final resistance, TNA... All really special games.
I like them a lot...
In germany the new godfather CE ist listet with 18000 euro... Valhalla Limited was listed with around 10000,l.
It's nearly half of the price. I would never buy a game thats around 20k.
So why not considering something different, probably less licensed, way cheaper, less fancy in animation.
But still a good pinball game, affordable and fun to shoot.

I think there is a market for people that like playing pinball and haven't the money to buy everything blind for a pricepoint thats totally crazy. Videos give a good impression pretty sure we will get one soon .

#2291 1 year ago

Damn, i've seen 25 new posts and bet there was a new trailer...
But then...
Still people crying and waiting for their icecream.

Mehhh...

#2348 1 year ago

CEO Talking AP is no exception. They lost so many good people on their way.

#2352 1 year ago

This was always something special that they asked people for ideas. I remember the shaker integration in hot wheels... at a point somebody said it would be cool like having the feeling of a starting engine when the race starts.
In the next patch it was integrated in the code.

Damn thats exactly the point were a game is getting really special for yourself.

AP always stayed in touch with the people and always refined the code of older games. Best example is houdini...
This one is still integrating the chinese water chamber mod while during its mode. In the last patch so many lightshows got even better.

I made some 3d buildings for hw and put them on thingiverse free for all and some AP guys liked it on my channel. How great is that... (Btw. never got a single tip from this community for downloading).

It was never a bad communication or interaction with the people and tbh it couldn't be better.

Remembering brenna that always tried to fix your problems. I had a dropped machine and my distributor gave a shit about the cracked cabinet. Without the good service and support of AP this problem wouldn't be solved.

Just one person has a strange way of talking with the community especially in podcasts. Getting people excited... Like having a jump ramp on hot wheels... Making a homebrew contest... criticizing streamers that discuss a game (while promoting it for free)... And so on...

But the guys behind that company are the best.

#2361 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

OMG.... ! LOOOOOKS PERFECT for a DUDE like me !

Damn... i love this, also the teaser was pure comedy ! Hell yeah... this is cool. I am hyped.... !

#2396 1 year ago

I hate that lockbar button on my BKSOR Premium... they could also save this magnet feature completly. You never hit it in time...

But the funny thing on regional turnaments is to watch people missing it 100% too and still thinking they are to slow

1 week later
#2473 1 year ago

In germany we are talking already about, 13500 for the LE, 11000 deluxe...

Puh... I have / had hopes but probably houdini and Hot Wheels will be my last AP pins.
If this rumors happen...

Holy cow... How could i ever get in a conversation :

" i bought a pin, 15-20k... It looks like a tank... ! "

Damn my ass would be kicked like never before

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JagDaniels.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball?tu=JagDaniels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.