nirmal (resized).jpeg
fix_shopping_at_TPF (resized).jpg
PXL_20240314_200511076 (resized).jpg
IMG_1220.gif
weird science.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9f9dbfb9c468bd42 (resized).png
IMG_3964 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,546 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 91.
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Furnace and AC now scheduled for 3rd week of June. @ AP can you get me the next new title by then ??

I know exactly what you mean. I am buying a home and trying to see if I can pick up a Houdini I ordered during the same time period. Priorities...

#402 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Getting a new Furnace and Air Conditioner next month - but that won't stop me from buying a pinball machine.
Come on AP - I'd enjoy a new pin a lot more than the New Furnace.

LOL!
And you're from Wisconsin!
I'm anxious for American's next title too, but Damn!

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Getting a new Furnace and Air Conditioner next month - but that won't stop me from buying a pinball machine.
Come on AP - I'd enjoy a new pin a lot more than the New Furnace.

Hey now! HVAC guy speaking here. If you get a correctly sized AC and furnace installed properly you will be comfortable and enjoy it for many years (15+) from now. Plus the higher efficiency ones will save you on your utility costs. Uhh okay. I will admit that I enjoy my Oktoberfest more than the high end system I installed in my house.

fur.giffur.gif
#404 2 years ago

Hot wheels is a blast! I will get one at some point but i’m with those saying AP needs a bigger splash w theme .They seem like a smart operation and Im sure they know that .I’m not even goin to guess because they’ve been “under the radar “ if you will .I can possibly pull 1 NIB this year and passed on Mando ,i don’t think i like all shots being center PF with nothing short or deep.I’m between Spooky(my $ on Skooby Doo as a theme a pass for me ),Sterns Godzilla(if Elwin this is uphill climb for anything else to say the least),or APs release which to me has 2 roads .....1)Sherlock Holmes type which will undoubtably would be cool just doesn’t have the “Flair” most are looking for or 2)They come up with something that resonates with all ages and shocks the pinball industry.I’m rooting for them whatever comes out it will be a well built pun for sure .It doesn’t need to be a Grail pin but it needs to surprise the shit out of everyone .

#405 2 years ago

I was wondering if it possible to come out with a Gorgar 2? A 2020 version with something innovative like the original. Are there royalties to sequals of old games? Seems like an easy way to skate around licenses and still have a popular theme.

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I was wondering if it possible to come out with a Gorgar 2? A 2020 version with something innovative like the original. Are there royalties to sequals of old games? Seems like an easy way to skate around licenses and still have a popular theme.

i’ve been preaching that since entering pinball .Why do remakes without “upping the game” in mechs,lighting,code,Art,etc.When hollywood makes a redo they don’t get the same actors,music,vibe,script ,they keep to the original and update it .

#407 2 years ago

I know there has been some chatter out there that AP could be bringing Riot's Legends of Valhalla to market, so I checked out an old stream of it last night. It's not licensed IP so maybe wouldn't make the splash the company needs, but man it looks like a blast. Cool use of magnets, great ramps, ton of modes. I'd hope to see them maybe adjust the scoop location to make said modes a bit easier to start, and music and callouts could use an upgrade. But the makings of a great game are there and I'll be stoked if AP makes it.

#408 2 years ago

It’s pretty easy and repeatable to backhand the left scoop from the left flipper. I can do it at will now. Shooter lane shot is hard, but rarely has rejects.

#409 2 years ago

I hope someone from AP is reading this thread because I want them to know that I'M OUT on anything made by JJP due to the horrendous build quality of their GNR and their poor customer service. I'm also on the fence with Stern because of their shoddily made games of the past few years...theme wise, Stern has been pretty cool, but I feel their games have not had good build quality. I've never bought from CGC (not big on remakes). So that leaves AP and Spooky, both of whom I'm very impressed with. I think AP has the edge on build quality, and Spooky has the edge on theme selection. But I think both AP and Spooky have great customer service. When I'm being asked to shell out multiple thousands of dollars for a new game build quality and customer service are at the top of my priority list. As I'm in the process of selling my spot for a GNR LE, I have money and space to devote to a new game. I'm hoping AP excites me with their next offering. Sherlock or LOV will get an instant order from me.

#410 2 years ago

I'm in on any theme as long as the theme isn't related to HVAC. That would be a duplication.

Let's go AP. I need a new Pin.

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'm in on any theme as long as the theme isn't related to HVAC. That would be a duplication.
Let's go AP. I need a new Pin.

What does HVAC stand for? It's not Houdini because it's Houdini Master of Illusion.

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

What does HVAC stand for? It's not Houdini because it's Houdini Master of Illusion.

Heating
Ventilation
Air Conditioning

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Heating
Ventilation
Air Conditioning

Oh, ha!

#414 2 years ago

Does anyone know when AP might announce a game?

Just that alone would be huge. If AP put out a statement today that said "NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENT PLANNED FOR JUNE 30th" or something, that would be enough to entice me. And since it's "planned" it could always be pushed back.

But keeping us in the complete dark is a turnoff, and I'm already looking to buy something else instead. I don't want to wait forever.

#415 2 years ago

AP needs to take a page out of the Spooky playbook. Here's what Spooky did:

-- (Dec 2020) Announce a new game anticipated end of 2021
-- (Jan 2021) Small announcement of "next game"
-- (Feb 2021) "We're excited about next game"
-- (March 2021) "Next game hopefully to launch in 6-8 months"
-- (April 2021) We're driving to the location needed to discuss plans for our next game
-- (May 2021) Here's a tiny screenshot of an image, maybe related to our next game

Spooky didn't give details or plans, just snippets to keep us engaged. As a result, I'm already saving funds (omg... again) to buy yet another Spooky pin. I love the communication.

If AP did that, I'd be inclined to do this as well. Stern pumps them out too much to give a hoot, their last game appears to be a swing and a miss, and JJP concerns me with their failed playfield promises. CGC is what... 7 years between games?

If AP can dangle the hook just a little bit, people would bite.

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

AP needs to take a page out of the Spooky playbook. Here's what Spooky did:
-- (Dec 2020) Announce a new game anticipated end of 2021
-- (Jan 2021) Small announcement of "next game"
-- (Feb 2021) "We're excited about next game"
-- (March 2021) "Next game hopefully to launch in 6-8 months"
-- (April 2021) We're driving to the location needed to discuss plans for our next game
-- (May 2021) Here's a tiny screenshot of an image, maybe related to our next game
Spooky didn't give details or plans, just snippets to keep us engaged. As a result, I'm already saving funds (omg... again) to buy yet another Spooky pin. I love the communication.
If AP did that, I'd be inclined to do this as well. Stern pumps them out too much to give a hoot, their last game appears to be a swing and a miss, and JJP concerns me with their failed playfield promises. CGC is what... 7 years between games?
If AP can dangle the hook just a little bit, people would bite.

I totally agree. Once again, I'm hoping someone at AP is reading all this.

#417 2 years ago

Last I heard and as I understood they will make an announcement when games are boxed and ready to ship. So there might not be much advance notice.....

So if I understood things correctly, it will just happen. Make it happen.

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Last I heard and as I understood they will make an announcement when games are boxed and ready to ship. So there might not be much advance notice.....
So if I understood things correctly, it will just happen. Make it happen.

Right, but what is that? 1 week? 1 month? I expected to hear something from AP back in January. Here we are, nearly June.

I think I'm pulling the trigger on something else. I'd like to buy an AP but no communication = my money goes elsewhere. I would have bought nearly anything by AP at this point, but now it'll have to be something special to make it happen.

#419 2 years ago

I emailed AP directly, and this is a nugget I just got:

"We are not ready to make a formal announcement at this time, but trust that we are getting closer. Next couple months or so…."

This is all I needed. Good stuff. At first I was deflated but now that I can create a visual timetable in my head, it makes me excited again.

GO GO AP!

#420 2 years ago

Who makes AP playfields and has anyone ever had an issue with your playfield?

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Bader playfields just like Spooky- they have been very good quality. I have reached out to numerous owners/operators and they say the quality is some of the best in pinball

#422 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have Hot Wheels and Oktoberfest. I probably have a few hundred games on them. Nothing note worthy, some dimpling but otherwise holding up very well. I ran both for a while without Cliffy's installed and no wear. Bader looks like they make some really nice looking cabinets. Probably nothing I can afford LOL.

#423 2 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

Hey now! HVAC guy speaking here. If you get a correctly sized AC and furnace installed properly you will be comfortable and enjoy it for many years (15+) from now. Plus the higher efficiency ones will save you on your utility costs. Uhh okay. I will admit that I enjoy my Oktoberfest more than the high end system I installed in my house. [quoted image]

Getting my 608/609 was a terrible mistake, now every single shitstain that I’ve known since elementary wants some R22 out of me....

#424 2 years ago

"We come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.
Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land. To fight the hordes and sing, and cry, Valhalla I am coming.
Always sweep with, with threashing oar. Our only goal will be the western shore."
"Ah, ah"

#425 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

" Our only goal will be the western shore."

Love that song!!

Added over 3 years ago:

Ah-ah, ah!
Ah-ah, ah!
We come from the land of the ice and snow
From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow
The hammer of the gods
Will drive our ships to new lands
To fight the horde, sing and cry
Valhalla, I am coming
On we sweep with threshing oar
Our only goal will be the western shore
Ah-ah, ah!
Ah-ah, ah!
We come from the land of the ice and snow
From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow
How soft your fields so green
Can whisper tales of gore
Of how we calmed the tides of war
We are your overlords
On we sweep with threshing oar
Our only goal will be the western shore
So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins
For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing

#426 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’ve had my Houdini for two years. It gets a lot of plays and aside from some slight dimpling that seems standard for modern games I’ve had ZERO issues with it. AP makes a good quality game and they have great customer service, unlike one very prominent company I could mention!!!

#427 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Love that song!!

It would be perfect for the game reveal video. Unfortunately Stern got it first.

#428 2 years ago

Will AP eventually develop their own system?

#429 2 years ago

Future game is rumored a hip hop theme....finally.

#430 2 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

Frogger or Easter Bunny Madness ? Then I'm out.

#431 2 years ago

I can't imagine any hip hop theme that I would be interested in.

Maybe Milli Vanilli...

#432 2 years ago

I love AP but as a theme hip hop would be as interesting to me as Hotwheels, which is to say I’m not interested. But it would be good for the hobby to bring more theme variety, so a hip hop pin might be good for others and, depending on the artist, might sell very well.

#433 2 years ago

Source for this rumor?

#434 2 years ago

Some people mentioning a hip hop pin would make a good theme, does not make it a rumor. It is only an opinion.

#435 2 years ago

Better chance of a Lawrence Welk pin but we know Stern already has that title sewn up.

#436 2 years ago

Who makes the playfields for AP?

#437 2 years ago

maybe it will be hammer time.

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Bader for OKT and Hot Wheels, Houdini used Mirco and Bader.

#439 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

We use Bader (same as Spooky) for our playfields for all of our games, including new runs of Houdini and Oktoberfest.

The initial run of Houdini was a mix of Bader and Mirco.

-Michael

Added over 3 years ago:

*Correction- Houdini, including new runs, are a mix of Mirco and Bader playfields.

#440 2 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

We use Bader (same as Spooky) for our playfields for all of our games, including new runs of Houdini and Oktoberfest.
The initial run of Houdini was a mix of Bader and Mirco.
-Michael

I must’ve gotten the Bader playfield on my initial run Houdini because I’ve had no pooling or chipping issues with it.

#441 2 years ago

Hot Wheels playfield looks great. From what I see with my GNRCE, Bader would have been a better choice then Mirco for JJP.

#443 2 years ago

When I first heard this I thought there was nothing I'd be interested in, but then I realized I was being silly.

Beastie Boys? If anyone made that I'd be forced to buy it.
Snoop Dog? I don't know much of his music but it'd be funny as hell to hear his callouts.
Eminem? Maybe too rich of a license but the music would be top notch.

I hope it's Beastie Boys based on my guesswork. That would be in the range of a dream theme for me and my wife. There's not many games that could be made that would force our hand, but this is definitely one of them.

#444 2 years ago

I must’ve gotten the Bader playfield on my initial run Houdini because I’ve had no pooling or chipping issues with it.

My very early run Houdini has a Mirco and it's been basically perfect with over 2K plays on it at last check. I did put a cliffy on the scoop but that's it. It's easy to tell the difference, the Baders have non-jeweled semi-opaque inserts were the Mircos have the more traditional clear jeweled inserts. I was told by someone who is now a former API employee that they rejected a bunch of Mirco playfields early on and made the switch to Bader at least partially due to that but this was at a show and I had been providing him with borboun so take that with a grain of salt, or a cube of ice if you prefer.

#445 2 years ago

I love AP but as a theme hip hop would be as interesting to me as Hotwheels, which is to say I’m not interested. But it would be good for the hobby to bring more theme variety, so a hip hop pin might be good for others and, depending on the artist, might sell very well.

Run DMC! PLEASE!

#446 2 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Run DMC! PLEASE!

Besides their one song -- which is over-played and tiring, and a mix of rock and pop -- what else do they have? Maybe I'm out of touch but I can't name any other song of theirs.

I don't want one hit wonders.

#447 2 years ago

Run dmc is rap, not hip hop.
They probably werent referring to music?

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Run dmc is rap, not hip hop.

Run-DMC (also spelled Run-D.M.C.) was an American hip hop group from Hollis, Queens, New York

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-DMC

I'll be honest though, I don't know the difference between the two.

#449 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Run-DMC (also spelled Run-D.M.C.) was an American hip hop group from Hollis, Queens, New York
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-DMC
I'll be honest though, I don't know the difference between the two.

They are essentially the same, with hip hop being more of a multifaceted term while rap was born from hip hop.

Give me a 90s hip hop game with all the top groups. That would be amazing.

#450 2 years ago

Peter Cottontail is more my speed for Hip Hop

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
There are 4,546 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/9?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.