IMG_1667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 94.
#4201 50 days ago
Quoted from calprog:

Nope! I have followed up four times. Also have a game issue and absolutely no response. Dead silence. This company has lost my business. I would never buy a product from these guys. The company’s been run into the ground. So disappointed and pissed!

So much for weekly official twitch streams, too. Nothing at all this week.

EDIT: Apparently archived on youtube?

#4202 50 days ago

They have been making a bunch of Facebook posts which I think is new.

But overall, it sounds sad

#4203 50 days ago
Quoted from calprog:

Also have a game issue and absolutely no response. Dead silence. This company has lost my business. I would never buy a product from these guys. The company’s been run into the ground. So disappointed and pissed!

Good feedback. Dave Brennan was so damn good on support when I had Houdini that these guys won me over. It’s why I bought a hot wheels back yonder. It’s since moved on, but given what I’m hearing and seeing I am out on any AP games right new - used or new! Unless I can get GTF dang cheap. I’d buy it mostly for Franchis artwork…

#4204 50 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So much for weekly official streams, too. Nothing at all this week.

Did they ever stream their current game?

#4205 50 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

No, last word was its coming up. Soon.....

#4206 50 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I only checked in when they were on once a week (couldn't stand the terrible stream quality to stick around), and never saw it. So, likely not.

The fact that they don't keep their streams available to watch later is another stupid decision. The channel is supposed to be ADVERTISING, but that doesn't work if they don't have any machine streams saved for viewing.

#4207 50 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I only checked in when they were on once a week (couldn't stand the terrible stream quality to stick around), and never saw it. So, likely not.
The fact that they don't keep their streams available to watch later is another stupid decision. The channel is supposed to be ADVERTISING, but that doesn't work if they don't have any machine streams saved for viewing.

They’re on their YouTube page

#4208 50 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They’re on their YouTube page

Weird. Why start on twitch and archive them on youtube?

Direct video is nice on Oktoberfest and Houdini, but man that playfield video is *rough*. They've had 4 WEEKS to do something about it, but keep doing the same awful streaming. The fix is literally in the mid-hundreds of dollars range. If AP can't swing $500-700 to make their games look good, then all is truly lost.

#4209 50 days ago

A look back at history... there is no such thing as a bad idea.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).png
#4210 50 days ago

My lunchbox made it in. Actually nicer than I thought it would be. Perfectly fits my daily needs of smokes, coffee with extra caffeine, a fruity alcoholic seltzer, and the hard stuff for quitting time.

IMG_4499 (resized).jpegIMG_4499 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4500 (resized).jpegIMG_4500 (resized).jpeg

#4211 48 days ago

Who’s hungry for barbecue

IMG_4502.gifIMG_4502.gif
#4212 48 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Who’s hungry for barbecue
[quoted image]

nordman-entertained (resized).jpgnordman-entertained (resized).jpg
#4213 48 days ago
8ho6eo (resized).png8ho6eo (resized).png
#4214 48 days ago

Instead of a red blood splatter on the armor like TWD or Jaws, I hope it’s barbecue sauce finger prints on the side armor

#4215 48 days ago
Quoted from danarchy:

[quoted image]

So did Fix fire you or did you get let go before then?

#4216 48 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If AP can't swing $500-700 to make their games look good, then all is truly lost.

They hired a sales manager. Not sure how that will translate to sales. Seems like, release internet video and go to TXPF are 99% of pinball sales.

#4217 48 days ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

They hired a sales manager. Not sure how that will translate to sales. Seems like, release internet video and go to TXPF are 99% of pinball sales.

Is that the guy who when interviewed said they get 50 calls a week for GTF?

#4218 48 days ago

American Pinball needs to get more demo games moving around to different pinball shows to drive sales. These days, we have so many NIB choices. Many people mention to me over the past 4 years they are interested in some of their titles, but want to play before deciding to buy.

#4219 48 days ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Oh I forgot about that guy lol. He had quite a tenure. Hope he put "sold 11 galactic tank force pinball machines" on his resume.

#4220 48 days ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Yea

Support calls.

#4221 47 days ago

I heard from someone that the Deeproot Food Truck had deep fryer baskets for ball locks. That would be cool to see them turn and dump the balls to the start the multiball.

#4222 47 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

American Pinball needs to get more demo games moving around to different pinball shows to drive sales. These days, we have so many NIB choices. Many people mention to me over the past 4 years they are interested in some of their titles, but want to play before deciding to buy.

I felt that way about Houdini before the rumors and changes started. I'm new to ownership and only have room for 2 machines, so theme is almost as important as long term playability to me. I have a GZ premium that I love and Houdini resonates as a theme to me, but I've never played it. They'll be represented at Pintastic so I'll get the chance. Just not sure of the company given some of this thread.

#4223 47 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea
Support calls.

How can you tell which are sales and which are support if none are answered? Based on recent posts by owners, that still seems to be happening...

#4224 47 days ago

True, so many sales calls coming in, the service calls dont stand a chance!

#4225 47 days ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

I felt that way about Houdini before the rumors and changes started. I'm new to ownership and only have room for 2 machines, so theme is almost as important as long term playability to me. I have a GZ premium that I love and Houdini resonates as a theme to me, but I've never played it. They'll be represented at Pintastic so I'll get the chance. Just not sure of the company given some of this thread.

I'm going to give you some advice.

Don't
Let
Pinside
Dictate
Your
Experience.

Everyone has strong opinions about this hobby and people are free to congregate and share theirs.

But let me tell you something.

One man's advocacy is another man's soap box.

Pinside should never ever be the total reputation of pinball if it is, it's toast. Take every word I give and anyone's with a grain of salt.

If you like GTF then you do you I need to support you if you go in that direction

You are under no obligation to like a game because it's from someone

You are going to like a game I hate that's fine does passion arise sure

Twilight Zone is an overrated box of toys that everyone like to wet themselves over it's stupid.

(If someone dropped one in my lap I wouldn't turn down a free pinball machine).

Bottom line.

You do your own research on these things and don't let the negative nacy pee on your waffles.

#4226 47 days ago

I know you’re joking but in all fairness he did say that 50 calls a week were inquiries about GTF. That was back when they were throttling back to force sales of the premium model most didn’t want. But he also said he just walked in one day off the street and got hired… So there is that.

#4227 47 days ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I know you’re joking but in all fairness he did say that 50 calls a week were inquiries about GTF. That was back when they were throttling back to force sales of the premium model most didn’t want. But he also said he just walked in one day off the street and got hired… So there is that.

And are people in this thread saying he's already gone?

#4228 47 days ago

Watch out for a teaser tomorrow folks

#4229 47 days ago
Quoted from Disruptor71:

Watch out for a teaser tomorrow folks

Will the teaser be Fix with sauce all over his face..... laughing?

#4230 47 days ago

Would be a no-brainer PR move to call the teaser an appetizer if it really is Food Truck.

#4231 47 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Would be a no-brainer PR move to call the teaser an appetizer if it really is Food Truck.

You just landed yourself a job.

A8ACA5F5-FD28-4E37-933C-E4CB6C1B6C54.gifA8ACA5F5-FD28-4E37-933C-E4CB6C1B6C54.gif
#4232 47 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Will the teaser be Fix with sauce all over his face..... laughing?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4233 47 days ago

everyone: We want a Barbie pin!
AP: barbecue theme it is!

54a7c26d00d81f33255434a92efae73b.gif54a7c26d00d81f33255434a92efae73b.gif

#4234 47 days ago

I'm thinking AP's next game might come from the Riot design team. They have had a few years to work on a follow-up to LOV. I don't believe they would deliver a BBQ themed game.

#4235 47 days ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

I'm thinking AP's next game might come from the Riot design team. They have had a few years to work on a follow-up to LOV. I don't believe they would deliver a BBQ themed game.

That would be nice. I love my LOV and can’t wait to see what Riot comes up with next. Unfortunately all indications are that AP will introduce their next game at TPF and it will be BBQ.

#4236 47 days ago

I'm hoping BBQ is there as the placeholder name. Please.....

#4237 47 days ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

I'm hoping BBQ is there as the placeholder name. Please.....

Its got to be a troll going on, its got to be! Please, dont go out like this AP!

#4238 47 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Its got to be a troll going on, its got to be! Please, dont go out like this AP!

Its shaped like a big grill with a 20lb propane bottle between the legs. When the head folds down there is a thermometer there on the back. That's the LE.

#4239 47 days ago

Who is programming this BBQ game to be ready for TPF? Ferret Joe is already simultaneously working on Queen and GTF. Is he really dealing with 3 games at once? Do they have another coder in-house? This is one reason I was thinking Riot. I feel Frank is AP's most viable option for coding a game right now.

#4240 47 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Its shaped like a big grill with a 20lb propane bottle between the legs. When the head folds down there is a thermometer there on the back. That's the LE.

Yes but you are missing the most important part. It can still function as a grill as well.

#4241 47 days ago

The game is smokin’

Which clearly means it’s The Mask

#4242 46 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

not-like-this-matrix.gifnot-like-this-matrix.gif
#4243 46 days ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Who is programming this BBQ game to be ready for TPF? Ferret Joe is already simultaneously working on Queen and GTF. Is he really dealing with 3 games at once? Do they have another coder in-house? This is one reason I was thinking Riot. I feel Frank is AP's most viable option for coding a game right now.

And unnecessary porting of GTF and maybe other games to the new boardset nobody asked for.

#4244 46 days ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Ferret Joe is already simultaneously working on Queen and GTF. Is he really dealing with 3 games at once? Do they have another coder in-house?

You'll find that many (most?) software engineers work on several projects in parallel. Typically one or maybe two are on the "front burner", getting most attention, with the others getting some cycles as time allows.

Also, a certain portion of development effort goes toward shared software infrastructure -- the "OS", just to use a well-known phrase without getting into the weeds of technical details -- which means that some of the fixes and enhancements in an upcoming game automatically benefit the next GTF / Hot Wheels / etc update, and vice versa.

American does have another full-time software engineer, Casey Butler. Fantastic guy.

#4245 45 days ago

I hope this pork shoulder game doesn't end up with a cold shoulder

#4246 45 days ago

If I was a betting man, and I was presented a over/under on if this great BBQ game will sell more or less than GTF, I think I'd take a flier on the under.

Though I guess there's a prop bet on if we see another game period from the company. No I don't know what a prop bet is or if I used the term correctly.

#4247 45 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Though I guess there's a prop bet on if we see another game period from the company.

We will. Mine came today. Two small things. I won't set it up until after the American Pinball announcement. And I couldn't get it off the truck awhile ago. There were crates in front of it we couldn't move, stuck in place with a forklift, on pallets too small to get a pallet jack in.

So it's coming back tomorrow along with a Houdini.

LTG : )

#4248 45 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

We will. Mine came today. Two small things. I won't set it up until after the American Pinball announcement. And I couldn't get it off the truck awhile ago. There were crates in front of it we couldn't move, stuck in place with a forklift, on pallets too small to get a pallet jack in.

ooo, I'm liking the ease at which I am able to pull some juicy info today.

#4249 45 days ago

Nice! Hope you get a legends of Valhalla too!

Quoted from LTG:

#4250 45 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

So tomorrow you will have the new Backyard BBQ Game? Does it come with A.P. Brand BBQ Sauce?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, ME
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.