IMG_1667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 94.
#301 3 years ago

Not sure how well LOV will sell for them, but for selfish reasons, I hope to god they make it. Haha. It shoots as good as sterns and the flippers feel great. Shouldn’t be very expensive to make either. Hoping for Hot Wheels pricing or less if they make it.

Make my dreams come true AP!!

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure how well LOV will sell for them, but for selfish reasons, I hope to god they make it. Haha. It shoots as good as sterns and the flippers feel great. Shouldn’t be very expensive to make either. Hoping for Hot Wheels pricing or less if they make it.
Make my dreams come true AP!!

I think the theme is perfect for pinball and many have woken up to AP as a legit player in the pinball market. Should sell very well if true.

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

i heard joe balcer is no longer with ap.

He’s a contract designer now, as they got ramped up and AP wanted to widen the net of their designers he made room for the new folks

#304 3 years ago

For those that haven’t played LOV, here’s a video I did where I showed most of the game on the old revision. I had no idea what I was doing in modes, but there seems to be a lot to do and a good challenge to try and get all the requirements for the wizard mode.

The game is very washed out due to lots of sun I couldn’t battle on the stream. It has very similar lighting to hot wheels. Lots of RGB and a little on the dark side.

The game definitely needs animation help, sound upgrade (some of the sound clips and call outs seemed bad way lite over the speakers), but I fully expect this to be cleaned up in the production game, should they make it.

Here’s to hoping!!

#305 3 years ago

Can we get a multi-level playfield? They are extinct in pinball unless you have more than 9K. Joe Balcer your my hero!

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Can we get a multi-level playfield? They are extinct in pinball unless you have more than 9K. Joe Balcer your my hero!

Almost all those games are not very fun though. I wouldn’t mind a note mini upper playfield like the Elvis one though. A quick trip that adds a shot or two.

#307 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Almost all those games are not very fun though. I wouldn’t mind a note mini upper playfield like the Elvis one though. A quick trip that adds a shot or two.

Beg to differ - POTC and WOZ have pretty well-integrated upper playfields that are fun

#308 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Beg to differ - POTC and WOZ have pretty well-integrated upper playfields that are fun

POTCs would be better if it didn’t rock. I like the right one of WOZ. The left one not so much. They should’ve only done one of them.

#309 3 years ago

ACNC has a great upper play field and that one doesn't break the bank.

As for LoV, I agree with Chuck it is a ton of fun.

We were also lucky enough to stream it.

#310 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

POTCs would be better if it didn’t rock.

?!?!?!!

#311 3 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Party Zone the sequel to Dr. Dude?

#312 3 years ago

It’s too much. Cool effect until you play it. Gets old SO fast. Have it never rock or only rock at certain moments. It would make it more impactful.

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s too much. Cool effect until you play it. Gets old SO fast. Have it never rock or only rock at certain moments. It would make it more impactful.

interesting - in my experience the rocking gets progressively more intense the more times you sink the other ship, and there are certain characters who can lessen the rocking motion.

Anyway, doesn’t mean everybody has to like it! I just happen to think that’s a really innovative feature on a game, and for me (now granted I’m not that great a player) it’s a challenge every time.

Although I do agree - it would make it even better to have it rock at certain moments to enhance some other part of the mode / story. Some of those long term enhancements POTC owners will miss out on since JJP has abandoned the game

#314 3 years ago

When you have a cool feature like that, I think less is more. But don’t make it so infrequent that most players never experience it. The hyper loop on SW is too infrequent, the rocking ship is too much. The UV in STH is just right.

Another awesome thing about LOV. It has magnets that are great. They are offset in the top portion of the game. Let’s that Kracken area give an awesome effect on the balls without ever screwing the player over with cheap magnet fling drains.

#315 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When you have a cool feature like that, I think less is more. But don’t make it so infrequent that most players never experience it. The hyper loop on SW is too infrequent, the rocking ship is too much. The UV in STH is just right.
Another awesome thing about LOV. It has magnets that are great. They are offset in the top portion of the game. Let’s that Kracken area give an awesome effect on the balls without ever screwing the player over with cheap magnet fling drains.

I'm new to LOV and that is looking very very cool. It's listed as a "P3 platform" game, and I was hoping it was a drop-in module, but I think that just means it's using PROC. Still amazing

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I love me some Dr. Dude but a modern update involving what is considered cool now would have to be a parody pin. Instead of "cool dude/super dude" etc. It would have to be "live with your parents until you are 30/buy a composting toilet/be offended by something that doesn't involve you" etc.

Dr. Dude's EXcellent Time Machine. Having achieved maximum super-dudeness, the Doctor went to work on a new invention to make himself the coolest dude of all time.

But when he makes it to the 2020s, there's not much coolness to be found. The socially distanced pandemic age is totally lame, he realizes, and he decides to stay and show a new generation how to put their phones away and party again.
Perfect theme for locations with pinball reopening, and social/nightlife returning to normal.

Whatever IP rights had to be obtained for Steve Ritchie to make a new Black Knight game at Stern would be the extent of licensing.

Quoted from gmanrulz46:

i heard joe balcer is no longer with ap.

It sounds like what JB is doing is becoming a contract designer and is free to design games for any company, including AP.
Balcer has a track record with getting two new, post-WMS pinball makers off the ground with games in production. He's probably the first guy I'd call if I woke up a billionaire tomorrow and decided to start a pinball company.

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

It sounds like what JB is doing is becoming a contract designer and is free to design games for any company, including AP.
Balcer has a track record with getting two new, post-WMS pinball makers off the ground with games in production. He's probably the first guy I'd call if I woke up a billionaire tomorrow and decided to start a pinball company.

He's also a great storyteller and very generous with his time. I think he's kind of a free spirit too, so contract designer probably gives him more freedom to work when he wants

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

How long has a 'junior designer' been there? I recall they hired some/one not long ago, Nordman just recently joined. So wouldn't the next pin still be a Bacler design?

I’m not sure how many “junior designers” they have on staff now. I assume game 4 will be some form of home brew or previously designed game. Dennis Nordman can mentor these new designers as well. This game will be next as game 4, then Nordman will have game 5. They will still release the Joe Balcer game as game 6. That is what I was told by Michael Grant at AP. Their focus is on pinball as they look to release 2 games this year! Looking forward to seeing these new titles. Also don’t forget, artist Chris Franchi announced he was working on a project for American Pinball !

This is a quick interview with Michael Grant:

Coz -How long are you expecting to make Hot wheels, Houdini and Oktoberfest?

MG-HOUDINI AND OKTOBERFEST ARE SELLING WELL AND CONTINUE TO GAIN IN POPULARITY, AND THUS, WE CONTINUE TO BUILD THEM. HOT WHEELS HAS JOINED THE RANKS AND IS SELLING VERY WELL AND CONSISTENTLY. WE CONTINUE TO SATISFY THE DEMAND FOR ALL THREE AMERICAN PINBALL GAMES.

Coz- Will you be announcing their new title before June this year? Will there be 2 AP titles released in 2021 ?

MG- THE GOAL IS 2 NEW TITLES IN 2021. STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT RELEASE.

Coz- With no shows anytime soon, Will you be announcing the next release via social media (ie Facebook) or through a streamer or other media outlet ?

MG- WHEN WE ANNOUNCE THE NEXT GAME, YOU WILL BE SURE TO LEARN ABOUT IT.

Coz- Who is the lead designer on the next title? Is this one of the referenced “junior designers”?  We assume Dennis will take a while to have a game ready.

MG- THE NEXT TITLE (G4) WILL BE FROM ONE OF OUR JUNIOIR DESIGNERS WHO DENIIS IS WORKING WITH. DENIIS IS CURRENYLY WORKING ON HIS NEXT GAME (G5) WHICH WILL BE RELEASED AFTERWARD.

Coz- Will AP produce a new Joe Balcer designed game? Was his current project canceled and replaced with one of the junior designers games?

MG- AP WILL FINISH JOE BALCER’S MOST RECENT AP DESIGN, WHICH MOVED IN THE PRODUCTION SCHEDULE AND WILL COME OUT AS G6.

Coz - Are you experiencing any major supply chain issues that may be affecting their release / announcement date on the next title due to covid/weather?

MG- WE HAVE A NEW PURCHASER WHO IS IN CHARGE OF OUR SUPPLY CHAIN WHO COMES FROM GOTTLIEB. THIS PERSON HAS EXPEREIENCED MANY SUPPLY CHAIN ISSUES IN THE PAST. WE WILL ANNOUNCE AT A LATER DATE THE NEW ADDITION TO THE AMERICAN PINBALL TEAM.

Coz- What is the component that is giving you the most problems these days to source ?

MG- WE HAVE NO MAJOR ISSUES TO REPORT

Coz- What is the thing you are most excited about on this next release - theme, code, playfield layout, new mechs ? Will there be something completely new to pinball?

MG- YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE!

Coz- Is the price point in this game going to be higher than hot wheels? It was nice to see a less expensive game similar to stern pro prices. Will you follow that price model with different trim levels?

MG-WE ARE CURRENTLY REVIEWING OUR MODEL STRUCTURE.

Coz- Why do manufacturers keep their games under such tight raps (in your opinion) - would you like consumers to know your next 5 titles or keep it secret? Would that help or hinder potential sales?

MG- WE DO NOT WANT TO OFFER A GAME THAT IS NOT AVAILABLE YET. WHEN WE ANNOUNCE A NEW TITLE, THERE WILL BE GAMES IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP.

Coz- What happened to American arcade? Will “the Flying Dutchman” ever come to production. Will there be other “redemption” or arcade titles similar to raw thrills products?

MG- NOT THIS YEAR. OUR FOCUS IS PINBALL.

Coz - Where do you see American pinball in 1 year?  

MG- WE WILL CONTINUE TO SURPRISE THE MARKET WITH NEW GAMES.

Coz- Thank You for your time- I look forward to seeing the next big thing from American pinball.

#319 3 years ago

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-dvvce-fe29b5

I was a guest on The Pinball Show midweek edition episode 25 to discuss American Pinball with Craig Bobbie.

BE6BAFA2-EA1D-4C67-B088-16D10A131018 (resized).jpegBE6BAFA2-EA1D-4C67-B088-16D10A131018 (resized).jpeg
#320 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’m not sure how many “junior designers” they have on staff now. I assume game 4 will be some form of home brew or previously designed game. Dennis Nordman can mentor these new designers as well. This game will be next as game 4, then Nordman will have game 5. They will still release the Joe Balcer game as game 6. That is what I was told by Michael Grant at AP. Their focus is on pinball as they look to release 2 games this year! Looking forward to seeing these new titles.
I also spoke with Craig Bobbie on The Pinball show episode 25. We talked about American Pinball
This is a quick interview with Michael Grant:
Coz -How long you expecting to make Hot wheels, Houdini and Oktoberfest?
MG-HOUDINI AND OKTOBERFEST ARE SELLING WELL AND CONTINUE TO GAIN IN POPULARITY, AND THUS, WE CONTINUE TO BUILD THEM. HOT WHEELS HAS JOINED THE RANKS AND IS SELLING VERY WELL AND CONSISTENTLY. WE CONTINUE TO SATISFY THE DEMAND FOR ALL THREE AMERICAN PINBALL GAMES.
Coz- Will you be announcing their new title before June this year? Will there be 2 AP titles released in 2021 ?
MG- THE GOAL IS 2 NEW TITLES IN 2021. STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT RELEASE.
Coz- With no shows anytime soon, Will you be announcing the next release via social media (ie Facebook) or through a streamer or other media outlet ?
MG- WHEN WE ANNOUNCE THE NEXT GAME, YOU WILL BE SURE TO LEARN ABOUT IT.
Coz- Who is the lead designer on the next title? Is this one of the referenced “junior designers”?  We assume Dennis will take a while to have a game ready.
MG- THE NEXT TITLE (G4) WILL BE FROM ONE OF OUR JUNIOIR DESIGNERS WHO DENIIS IS WORKING WITH. DENIIS IS CURRENYLY WORKING ON HIS NEXT GAME (G5) WHICH WILL BE RELEASED AFTERWARD.
Coz- Will AP produce a new Joe Balcer designed game? Was his current project canceled and replaced with one of the junior designers games?
MG- AP WILL FINISH JOE BALCER’S MOST RECENT AP DESIGN, WHICH MOVED IN THE PRODUCTION SCHEDULE AND WILL COME OUT AS G6.
Coz - Are you experiencing any major supply chain issues that may be affecting their release / announcement date on the next title due to covid/weather?
MG- WE HAVE A NEW PURCHASER WHO IS IN CHARGE OF OUR SUPPLY CHAIN WHO COMES FROM GOTTLIEB. THIS PERSON HAS EXPEREIENCED MANY SUPPLY CHAIN ISSUES IN THE PAST. WE WILL ANNOUNCE AT A LATER DATE THE NEW ADDITION TO THE AMERICAN PINBALL TEAM.
Coz- What is the component that is giving you the most problems these days to source ?
MG- WE HAVE NO MAJOR ISSUES TO REPORT
Coz- What is the thing you are most excited about on this next release - theme, code, playfield layout, new mechs ? Will there be something completely new to pinball?
MG- YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE!
Coz- Is the price point in this game going to be higher than hot wheels? It was nice to see a less expensive game similar to stern pro prices. Will you follow that price model with different trim levels?
MG-WE ARE CURRENTLY REVIEWING OUR MODEL STRUCTURE.
Coz- Why do manufacturers keep their games under such tight raps (in your opinion) - would you like consumers to know your next 5 titles or keep it secret? Would that help or hinder potential sales?
MG- WE DO NOT WANT TO OFFER A GAME THAT IS NOT AVAILABLE YET. WHEN WE ANNOUNCE A NEW TITLE, THERE WILL BE GAMES IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP.
Coz - Where to you see American pinball in 1 year?  
MG- WE WILL CONTINUE TO SURPRISE THE MARKET WITH NEW GAMES.
Coz- Thank You for your time- I look forward to seeing the next big thing from American pinball.

Legends of Valhalla is both a homebrew and previously designed game - This is a humungous opportunity for homebrew designers to get a game made AND be mentored by some legends of pinball. And AP to sell them!

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is a humungous opportunity for homebrew designers to get a game made AND be mentored by some legends of pinball. And AP to sell them!

There was talk or posts back when they moved to the new building that they could have three lines. One for next game. One for reruns. And one for people wanting to make a small run of their game. Which I thought would be a golden opportunity for AP to see something with potential and make a deal to produce them.

LTG : )

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I was a guest on The Pinball Show midweek edition episode 25 to discuss American Pinball with Craig Bobbie. [quoted image]

Wow, that's neat. I didn't realize that was you reporting on AP.

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

ACNC has one of the best upper playfields in pinball IMO! It's one of the main reasons I hang on to it!

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

ACNC has one of the best upper playfields in pinball IMO! It's one of the main reasons I hang on to it!

Definitely. So good GNR copied it. Haha

#325 3 years ago

Indian Buffet?
Barbie?
Tonka Truck?

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Indian Buffet?
Barbie?
Tonka Truck?

Please don't feed the troll.

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I was a guest on The Pinball Show midweek edition episode 25 to discuss American Pinball with Craig Bobbie. [quoted image]

Hmmm - I don't recall those guys in that photo ever having been in my basement.

#328 3 years ago

Wait, doesn't everyone's basement look like that?

#329 3 years ago

Probably should.

#330 3 years ago

Get game #4 released so I can take a new picture.

#331 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And one for people wanting to make a small run of their game.

Contract-building homebrew pins and raising a much-needed new generation of game designers. The future of pinball is being built in Palatine.

The facility definitely appeared big enough to me to have three lines as described.

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Wait, doesn't everyone's basement look like that?

Mine sort of does . . .

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Mine sort of does . . .
[quoted image]

Sweet!!!

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Mine sort of does . . .

Beautiful line up.

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Mine sort of does . . .
[quoted image]

Slide that extra Hot Wheels out of that row and show us what game #4 is.

Or is game #4 hiding inside that cabinet ??

#336 3 years ago

Perfectly covered on the right. Hopefully reveal soon!!

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Slide that extra Hot Wheels out of that row and show us what game #4 is.
Or is game #4 hiding inside that cabinet ??

Houdini cabinet, hot wheels back box, playfield cover? Must be close!

#338 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

I hope so! Very excited!

#339 3 years ago

Rumors on when the next game will be announced?

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Houdini cabinet, hot wheels back box, playfield cover?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Rumors on when the next game will be announced?

whats-in-the-box (resized).jpgwhats-in-the-box (resized).jpg
#341 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Is it a clue? Is game #4 The Melvins?

The Melvins.jpgThe Melvins.jpg
#342 3 years ago

Dang, you figured it out! We just barely beat out Stern to snag The Melvins license. Nice sleuthing!

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Dang, you figured it out! We just barely beat out Stern to snag The Melvins license. Nice sleuthing!

Of all the places to see a Melvins reference...nicely done! Since Zombie Yeti has done Melvins concert posters, does this confirm he is on contract for game #4 art?

2014.Melvins.Orlando.ZombieYeti__04236.1417649171.1280.1280 (resized).jpeg2014.Melvins.Orlando.ZombieYeti__04236.1417649171.1280.1280 (resized).jpeg

For more obscure off-topic pinball/Melvins trivia, KingBuzzo is the default loopin supers champ on the latest GB code.

#344 3 years ago

I would be so in on a Melvins pin! Just put a bride of frankenstein wig as a topper.
Two headed dog on the backglass, pussy wizard mode....sign me up.
B

#345 3 years ago

Really looking forward to the next release. Way over due for an AP machine in my lineup. Asked Jack Danger about the upcoming release. He couldn’t say anything obviously but indicated that what’s coming is going to be awesome.

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Really looking forward to the next release. Way over due for an AP machine in my lineup. Asked Jack Danger about the upcoming release. He couldn’t say anything obviously but indicated that what’s coming is going to be awesome.

That sounds promising! I'd love to get a new game - not as interested in Toy Story as I once was, and Stern will likely not top EHOH soon! It's been a while since I got another AP game

#347 3 years ago

Any more hints, rumors, etc.? Excited for AP4!

#348 3 years ago

Elementary my Dear Watson.

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hm...

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I’d be stoked for a Sherlock Holmes from AP. I hope you’re right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 8,495.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/7?hl=mr_outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.