8B4275BF-6BB9-4B0B-8014-28A353077EC1 (resized).jpeg
98E1FD16-F1B7-4933-86EF-27B9E5EB78C6 (resized).jpeg
680D66D4-52FC-41B0-AA5B-D3B576FAB212 (resized).jpeg
4F09C257-B536-4370-BF8C-D9FFF0805F07 (resized).jpeg
s-l1600 (4) (resized).jpg
8F94AD01-7359-4680-A185-636A3817EC1E (resized).jpeg
LEGO_logo.svg (resized).png
d66bdedd7fbd51610fe81b3e56f311ca (resized).jpg
ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzL2U3OTFjMjg2LTliYmQtNDhhNy04NmZlLTc1YWJjMzIwYjQ1MS53ZWJw (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
FE556E6B-966A-4570-AFA9-33291151F055.jpeg
giphy (1).gif
02093C5F-B377-4863-8990-C6BC104B3041 (resized).jpeg
601B2817-3613-48FB-AD66-D93F233AF919 (resized).jpeg

There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 19.
#201 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:Please allow me.
Sherlock Holmes for the win.
LTG : )

“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?”

2 months later
#202 10 months ago

Ok - I have all three AP games now. Bring on game #4.

Whatever you guys at AP have happening it's alright with me.

AP lineup (resized).JPG
#203 10 months ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Whatever you guys at AP have happening it's alright with me.

I agree, though I only have Houdini. But I love it. I’m hoping for a Sherlock Holmes.

#204 10 months ago

Sherlock Holmes would be great ! - but if it's a surprise like Hot Wheels was, I'm sure whatever theme it is has a very good chance to be something interesting.

#205 10 months ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Whatever you guys at AP have happening it's alright with me.[quoted image]

Your the only one I know of. I'm curious what your favorite is? Just 1.

#206 10 months ago

Don't ask me to choose. Who knows - Maybe it will be # 4 ????

#207 10 months ago

Hanging out, wondering when we will find out when the mystery of #4 will be revealed.

DP2VNBVARWIZ6YAKNVVAWCLKGA (resized).jpg
#208 10 months ago

I'd like to see Sherlock Holmes but I have a sneaking suspicion it is something else coming.

Sure they will do a nice job whatever it is.

#209 10 months ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Hanging out, wondering when we will find out when the mystery of #4 will be revealed.
[quoted image]

We’ll drink to that!

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
#210 10 months ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'd like to see Sherlock Holmes but I have a sneaking suspicion it is something else coming.
Sure they will do a nice job whatever it is.

I've got money its not a music pin.
However, would love my George Gershwin pin.

#211 10 months ago

MMMmmmmm I hope they release or announce a game soon.

#212 10 months ago

Maybe AP has the Mandolorian and will give the World the Star Wars pin we have all still been waiting for.

star-wars-the-mandalorian-t-shirt-this-is-the-way (resized).jpg
#213 10 months ago

Last pin, Hot Wheels was a licensed theme. Let's suppose that another licensed theme might be in the pipeline, what might it be ? Could something under Mattel's umbrella be in the works ? Mattel was a receptive and good licensor to work with if my memory serves correctly. Any chance that relationship is being utilized for game #4 ? Still would love to see a Sherlock Holmes pin but more so think we may see another surprise ala Hot Wheels. Just speculating.

Not thinking Disney big, but something else with Mattel or who Knows who.... just don't know. Might they dip in the Mattel well again or off in yet another direction. The first three games are pretty diverse. What's in store for number Four ?

Hmmm...

#214 10 months ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Not thinking Disney big, but something else with Mattel or who Knows who.... just don't know. Might they dip in the Mattel well again or off in yet another direction. The first three games are pretty diverse. What's in store for number Four ?

You talking Mattel Barbie dream house big?

#215 10 months ago

Guessing it's not Barbie. Ha Ha

Or Lawrence Welk music pin - I think Stern has that one locked up.
I don't see American Pinball doing Music pins.

More so something out of left field, unexpected, but good.

#216 10 months ago

Really hoping the rumors of a Benny Hill pin are true. That would be amazing its so none pc.
Better have the boobs and spanking.

#217 10 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:Really hoping the rumors of a Benny Hill pin are true. That would be amazing its so none pc.

i salute you! That would be so epic.

download (resized).jpg
#218 10 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Really hoping the rumors of a Benny Hill pin are true. That would be amazing its so none pc.

Yeah..... They cowered down to a handsey monkey complaint. No chance they would touch Benny Hill.

#219 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah..... They cowered down to a handsey monkey complaint. No chance they would touch Benny Hill.

So hot wheels leaked/released in March 2020? coming up to almost a year...how far apart are AP's other games?

#220 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Although it didn't bother me, being a new company only on game 2, I cant blame them for that, especially when they already had been taking the (thankfully) non licensed route and shaking things up some. That being said, I agree Benny Hill probably has zero chane.
So then bring on Monty Python!

images (resized).jpg
#221 10 months ago

All these suggestions seem to me 30-40 years out of date and not relevant to anything today. Or even to pinball in general.

Just can't see what Benny hill has to do with pinball.

#222 10 months ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Although it didn't bother me, being a new company only on game 2, I cant blame them for that, especially when they already had been taking the (thankfully) non licensed route and shaking things up some. That being said, I agree Benny Hill probably has zero chane.
So then bring on Monty Python!
[quoted image]

I would buy a Monty Python game even if they made it without Flippers!!!

#223 10 months ago

I'd like a comedy pin. Not enough humour pins nowadays, and we need it.

Monty Python would be an instant buy for me, as would Sherlock Holmes- a timeless blank canvas of a theme. There are fantastic themes out there not needing a license e.g. HG Wells. Time travelling, war of the worlds, hell yeah. Again, a wonderful creative blank canvas to work with, which fits very well with the Houdini/steampunk aesthetic.

Sherlock has been successfully re-invented so many times over the years. As long as the accent isn't too shonky, and Sherlock remains male, I'd buy it

If AP wanted to get really stuck into the Victoriana, there is a lot of material to draw on e.g. the massive Sherlock Holmes collection at the Westminster Library/Sherlock Holmes Society collection. No longer copyrighted, amazing artwork (Paget illustrations, Strand Magazine colour covers etc) and society folks would love to help out with this to help make an epic pinball machine.

DOI- I'm a member of the Sherlock Holmes Society of London I'd be happy to help for free. In the US, the Baker Street Irregulars would too, I'm sure. Massive fan base and society memberships to draw on.

https://www.sherlock-holmes.org.uk

#224 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I would buy a Monty Python game even if they made it without Flippers!!!

Try Sterns Black Night Sword of Rage.

Tiz but a scratch.

It's only a flesh wound

etc.

#225 10 months ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Could something under Mattel's umbrella be in the works ? Mattel was a receptive and good licensor to work with if my memory serves correctly.

I think that would make sense only if Hotwheels sold well. I don’t think it has. Does anyone have information on how Hotwheels has been selling?

#226 10 months ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I think that would make sense only if Hotwheels sold well. I don’t think it has. Does anyone have information on how Hotwheels has been selling?

It apparently has not sold well. Last I heard the first run was 100 and they were doing or did a second run of 50. I feel they really need a “hit”, hopefully the next one will be exactly that!

#227 10 months ago

Classic Sherlock would be great, or If Mattel don’t they have He-man/she-at or GIJoe, but think AP gameplay has improved every game, a lot of great free IPs to use.
Best Public Domain Characters
Robin Hood.
Zorro.
Dracula.
Sherlock Holmes.
John Carter.
Frankenstein's Monster Are tops on the list, Zeus and all that is cool too.

#228 10 months ago
Quoted from oropuro:

a lot of great free IPs to use.

Id love to see a Bigfoot vs Yeti pin. A new Bermuda Triangle would also be cool. I hope someone from AP reads these comments. They’re a great company. I hope they get a hit soon so they can keep going and keep innovating. The hobby needs AP.

#229 10 months ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Classic Sherlock would be great, or If Mattel don’t they have He-man/she-at or GIJoe, but think AP gameplay has improved every game, a lot of great free IPs to use.

I am hoping they haven't abandoned Sherlock Holmes but I really think we will probably see something else next. Just who knows what.

#230 10 months ago

How about Tesla! (Not the Car). Electricity, Magnets, weird contraptions, and same aesthetic as Houdini and Sherlock Homes

#231 10 months ago

Tesla, Holmes, steampunk. What's not to like?

#232 10 months ago

Didn’t they already go the steampunk route with Houdini?

2 weeks later
#233 9 months ago

With the changes at AP, now the game is really afoot!
Now even more excited to see the mystical game #4!

#234 9 months ago

AP on bent knee Please make a Speed Racer Pin!!! That has to be a low cost license with some great video content. Repurpose much of Hot wheels and its a Win!

Unknown (resized).jpg
#235 9 months ago

So with AP’s new hirings, particularly Dennis Nordman, does anyone still think Sherlock Holmes will be AP’s next game?

#236 9 months ago

I’m a big Sherlock fan, but Speed Racer would indeed be pretty slick

#237 9 months ago

I'd like to see some kind of space theme. I think I think that would target a demographic they haven't drawn in yet. Not like Alien or RAZA. A serious space game. Like Black Hole, Flight 2000, or Space Shuttle. No matter what they are doing I know it will be a quality pin.

#238 9 months ago
Quoted from denoument:

I'd like to see some kind of space theme. I think I think that would target a demographic they haven't drawn in yet. Not like Alien or RAZA. A serious space game. Like Black Hole, Flight 2000, or Space Shuttle. No matter what they are doing I know it will be a quality pin.

A space or sci fi theme from American pinball would be so cool....I would be interested.

#239 9 months ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

So with AP’s new hirings, particularly Dennis Nordman, does anyone still think Sherlock Holmes will be AP’s next game?

Based on the comments from the podcast it will be whatever Joe Balcer and team had in the works for game 5 and won't be a Nordman design (doesn't mean he can't have some impact on it).

#240 9 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Based on the comments from the podcast it will be whatever Joe Balcer and team had in the works for game 5 and won't be a Nordman design (doesn't mean he can't have some impact on it).

Well, whatever it is I know it will be a high quality build. I have a wide variety on manufacturers in my collection and AP is definitely the best quality. I’m anxious to see what their next game will be. Hopefully it will be a theme I like.

#241 9 months ago

I say stick with non license themes. I know its an unpopular view but I am creative and enjoy coming up with my own interpretation and not whats already been told. The same reason I go to an art museum, it would be boring if it was nothing but Pop art.

#242 9 months ago

Slightly OT, but I would love to see AP add some more items in their shop! Where is the Oktoberfest and Hot Wheels shirts, keychains, glasswares etc. We love our American Pins just as much as any other maker out there! Love the Houdini shirts, and don't even have a Houdini (yet).

cb7e20b63ee02431e4b7cc5369c93aca75be771f (resized).jpghw-backglass-final-with-inserts_orig (resized).jpg

#243 9 months ago

What would be interesting to see is if AP would look to license video game properties which seems to be completely ignored at this point

Family title would be anything from Nintendo....Mario, Pokémon, Zelda, The Nintendo stuff really hits a sweet spot from a nostalgia point... and family point....

Minecraft. Sonic, Busby, Jinx (ok, kidding about busby and jinx).

Mature themes... gta, call of duty, halo, lots of Sony exclusives.... would love sea of thieves....instant buy for me...it’s a pirate theme....who doesn’t like pirates.

Lots of racing games.... if there was interest... need for speed, forza, etc... not sue any of those would be blockbuster themes though....

Bonus theme....
Would love to see their take on Indiana Jones. I think we need more companies revisiting key properties. Nothing wrong with it.

#244 9 months ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

What would be interesting to see is if AP would look to license video game properties which seems to be completely ignored at this point
Family title would be anything from Nintendo....Mario, Pokémon, Zelda, The Nintendo stuff really hits a sweet spot from a nostalgia point... and family point....
Minecraft. Sonic, Busby, Jinx (ok, kidding about busby and jinx).
Mature themes... gta, call of duty, halo, lots of Sony exclusives.... would love sea of thieves....instant buy for me...it’s a pirate theme....who doesn’t like pirates.
Lots of racing games.... if there was interest... need for speed, forza, etc... not sue any of those would be blockbuster themes though....
Bonus theme....
Would love to see their take on Indiana Jones. I think we need more companies revisiting key properties. Nothing wrong with it.

Would almost sell a kidney for Halo. So many possibilities!

8dac2278-aef9-4a8c-bd68-739693d639c2 (resized).jpg
#245 9 months ago

Never played the game (or any game) but read the books and saw the movie and Assassin's Creed would be an instant buy for me. I just think it would be great as a pinball theme.
That Halo pic does look like it would lend itself to pinball art and i'm guessing it's a battle theme so the rules would fit pinball too.

2 weeks later
#246 8 months ago

Mattel Owns licensing rights to Interesting Titles Such As: (In my order of possibility of American using it as their next title if sticking with them or working in partnership)

Masters of The Universe (He-Man)

MINECRAFT

Crash Test Dummies

M.U.S.C.L.E.

Jurassic World

The Real Ghostbusters

WWE

1 week later
#247 8 months ago

Game #4 Please.

#248 8 months ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

Crash Test Dummies

This would be a really, really obscure and odd choice for a pinball theme!

#249 8 months ago

I'm holding out hopes for the rumored titles of Sherlock Holmes or an AP partnership with Riot Pinball to mass produce Legends of Valhalla. I'm in on either one of those...definitely!!!

#250 8 months ago

Sherlock Homes would be good, and kind of expected it last time, but real happy with my Hot Wheels. If whatever #4 is has the playability like Hot Wheels and good price point, count me in on whatever they release next. Sherlock Holmes or another surprise title.

There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 19.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside