nirmal (resized).jpeg
fix_shopping_at_TPF (resized).jpg
PXL_20240314_200511076 (resized).jpg
IMG_1220.gif
weird science.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9f9dbfb9c468bd42 (resized).png
IMG_3964 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,546 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 91.
#2401 1 year ago

Anyone else notice there are no head hindges? Do the american pinball games have them on the inside or something?

Most games have those big brackets to swing the head up.

#2402 1 year ago

Maybe im reading too much into a promo/hype photo. But its weird that arent there.

#2403 1 year ago

This one has a new backbox design. Different from the other 4 games.

Quoted from Three60in:

Anyone else notice there are no head hindges? Do the american pinball games have them on the inside or something?

#2404 1 year ago
Quoted from Three60in:

Its a new hinging system.

#2405 1 year ago

Sounds like a good idea, but i usually play on one foot once i am really into a ball.

#2406 1 year ago

3 buttons is practically a pinball standard at this point. The number one game on Pinside has 3 buttons.

The number two game (and long time reigning number 1 champ) uses the launch button during gameplay.

The number three game has 3 buttons. The number five game has 3 buttons.

At this point it's really just a matter of does the lockdown make more sense than the side or the front? Probably varies by function. I agree this one on GTF looks awkward to hit, have to see how it feels.

In my opinion Pinball Bros should have added a lockdown button when they redesigned Alien into a new cabinet. We used the front button for weapons because that's what the modular Heighway cabs had, not because anyone thought it was an awesome place for it.

#2407 1 year ago

What if instead of a third button there was a touch screen with virtual buttons? Who needs physical feedback!

#2408 1 year ago

I prefer an auxiliary button where I don't have to take my fingers off the flippers to use it, and that preference had some influence on where APs third buttons have been.

#2409 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

I prefer an auxiliary button where I don't have to take my fingers off the flippers to use it, and that preference had some influence on where APs third buttons have been.

I think it depends on the use. Obviously Shadow's diverter buttons should be where they are. If it's a "smart bomb" or something that activates I think it's better to be on the lockdown bar where it's obvious and can be lit up.

It's really easy for players to forget a side button exists if it's not something you use a lot.

#2410 1 year ago

If that thing in the video is going to transform into the pinball machine...hats off to AP for going in this direction. My head is about to explode!

#2411 1 year ago

Anyone know if GTF will be at the Midwest gaming classic in Milwaukee at the end of the month? TPF is a little far for me

#2412 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Even John Popaduik and Bobby Mueller would think this isn't a good use of development time and money.

As long as the pricing is within reason (?) I’m digging the imagination designers and (hopefully) engineers are showing. Looks awesome.

Most excited I’ve been for a nib so far. Tickling my retro-bone.

#2413 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's never worked for me before.
I just don't use the other buttons.

Because it doesnt work for you, you get to define what pinball is?

#2414 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What if instead of a third button there was a touch screen with virtual buttons? Who needs physical feedback!

Potentially a variation on the PinBar(tm)? Hmmm

#2415 1 year ago

So a great game needs a minimum of three flippers and three flipper buttons. Cool, I agree for all new games.

Unless GTF “transforms” from tank to playable game at the push of start button, I fear this cabinet concept is weak. Will Ops fold the head down occasionally? I don’t know.

#2416 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So a great game needs a minimum of three flippers and three flipper buttons. Cool, I agree for all new games.
Unless GTF “transforms” from tank to playable game at the push of start button, I fear this cabinet concept is weak. Will Ops fold the head down occasionally? I don’t know.

It looks like a gimmicky redemption game. Nordman has the design goods for the pinball. I think that's what people want. I don't know why they wasted BoM on the tank fold-up gimmick since it will almost never be in this configuration after you set it up. I still have one preordered on the strength of Nordmanite, but this didn't make me more confident.

#2417 1 year ago

Looks like Big Gun II

5C9BE5F3-205B-4FC3-B03B-32D40489BF56 (resized).jpeg5C9BE5F3-205B-4FC3-B03B-32D40489BF56 (resized).jpeg
#2418 1 year ago

What’s pricing like? Someone told me $8k and $9k for 2 lowest models. Didn’t have any ideas on LE and L+ so I’ll offer wild guesses $10k and $11k all models require $400 shipping.

#2419 1 year ago

What’s pricing like? Someone told me $8k and $9k for 2 lowest models. Didn’t have any ideas on LE and L+ so I’ll offer wild guesses $10k and $11k all models require $400 shipping.

they don't sell direct right? So shipping would depend on distributor?

I see prices for the AP games vary across distributors, and shipping costs do as well. Who do you guys like to use?

#2420 1 year ago

Are we getting 4 models?

#2421 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I see prices for the AP games vary across distributors, and shipping costs do as well. Who do you guys like to use?

Top Score Gamerooms LLC

#2422 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It looks like a gimmicky redemption game. Nordman has the design goods for the pinball. I think that's what people want. I don't know why they wasted BoM on the tank fold-up gimmick since it will almost never be in this configuration after you set it up. I still have one preordered on the strength of Nordmanite, but this didn't make me more confident.

Maybe to seperate themselves? Keep in mind we have people here who buy EVERY PIN cause they can(I know your story, mods) and with that, cannot possibly play the pins to any meaningful degree. This means the SLE buyers or whatever the tank version is, wont be played by much them, but imagine the wow factor when they flex on guests and lift up the head once every 3 months to impress people.

#2423 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Maybe to seperate themselves? Keep in mind we have people here who buy EVERY PIN cause they can(I know your story, mods) and with that, cannot possibly play the pins to any meaningful degree. This means the SLE buyers or whatever the tank version is, wont be played by much them, but imagine the wow factor when they flex on guests and lift up the head once every 3 months to impress people.

Maybe? I dunno. For me personally, pinball is to enjoy the game itself. Even when I had a ton of top shelf pins before my pinball addiction recovery, the goal wasn't a flex for visitors, but to get them into the game. I'd rather AP had put the BoM for those treads and cute tank motif into the playfield. But I see where you're coming from and have no doubt those scenarios exist.

#2424 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe? I dunno. For me personally, pinball is to enjoy the game itself. Even when I had a ton of top shelf pins before my pinball addiction recovery, the goal wasn't a flex for visitors, but to get them into the game. I'd rather AP had put the BoM for those treads and cute tank motif into the playfield. But I see where you're coming from and have no doubt those scenarios exist.

Top shelf pins are different that buying every pin for sale. Not that its bad, wish I was there, but yea some members here buy everything lol. Gotta be a reason, cause mastering them aint it.

#2425 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Top shelf pins are different that buying every pin for sale. Not that its bad, wish I was there, but yea some members here buy everything lol. Gotta be a reason, cause mastering them aint it.

Pinball:The Addiction is Real.

Sums it up. Been there.

#2426 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I would be happy to pass along game details and pricing information once we get it from American Pinball.

www.flawlesscreationsandamusements.com

#2427 1 year ago

Franchi confirmed GTF lunchbox with thermos available at TPF!!

Can someone get one and ship it to me please!!!

#2428 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

Make that 2! Anyone able to do this? I’ll be at MGC if they’ll have them there.

#2429 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

Does that mean we wont see the play field till TPF?

#2430 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Latest rumor is a play reveal this weekend.

#2431 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Make that 2! Anyone able to do this? I’ll be at MGC if they’ll have them there.

Make it 3 and I will add in extra for the trouble. I cant make either show due to an oil spill.

#2432 1 year ago

https://www.youtube.com/live/ZdXh3PhA1dM?feature=share

Lots of discussion about GTF last night with Joel.

DACB7E53-C338-4048-835D-417111469AEF (resized).jpegDACB7E53-C338-4048-835D-417111469AEF (resized).jpeg
#2433 1 year ago

There is the best image I could find for the play field. I wonder how it plays

GTF (resized).JPGGTF (resized).JPG
#2434 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

Franchi confirmed GTF lunchbox with thermos available at TPF.
Can someone get one and ship it to me please?

Quoted from Ballderdash:

Make that 2. Anyone able to do this?

Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Make it 3 and I will add in extra for the trouble.

Make it 4 please. Rumor is the lunchbox transforms into the topper for the standard version.

(Of course, I just started that rumor with this post, and what the heck do I know anyway?)

#2435 1 year ago

That's odd, in the ad section there someone taking pre-order money for a new run of Houdini? It looks like another company is remaking them? I didn't think that game was popular enough to need a re-run?

#2436 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's odd, in the ad section there someone taking pre-order money for a new run of Houdini? It looks like another company is remaking them? I didn't think that game was popular enough to need a re-run?

i think all of their games are still "in production". it's not like Stern where they have giant production lines and run at least hundreds of games. i think they have several lines and can just make a few of whatever when they need to. I noticed several AP dealers have the games listed on the site with a lead time listed.

#2437 1 year ago

I have a lunch box. I want a secret decoder ring.

#2438 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I have a lunch box. I want a secret decoder ring.

stop whining and drink your Ovaltine

#2439 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's been said for months that they have planned to do another (final?) run of Houdini in it's current form and then possibly doing something to create a lower-cost version of it for later runs. Some of this supposedly came directly from David Fix but I can't remember where that may have been and of course who knows if that's still the plan or not? With all the other titles being announced lately it may have changed their plans.

#2440 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It's been said for months that they have planned to do another (final?) run of Houdini in it's current form and then possibly doing something to create a lower-cost version of it for later runs. Some of this supposedly came directly from David Fix but I can't remember where that may have been and of course who knows if that's still the plan or not? With all the other titles being announced lately it may have changed their plans.

They did say that, but hopefully they realized by now that its a terrible idea.

#2441 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Hopefully American brings machines with headphone jacks. Having the big reveal and not being able to hear the game would really suck. It sounds like TPF is shaping up to be a zoo with everyone headed there due to all the new pins. It's going to be LOUD. Bringing GTFo machines with headphone jacks installed AND telling the community in advance to bring wired headsets would help set up the best chance at a great first experience with the machine.

#2442 1 year ago

Fingers crossed.

086336FD-A765-4C3E-9489-A3CFA744F8B4 (resized).jpeg086336FD-A765-4C3E-9489-A3CFA744F8B4 (resized).jpeg
#2443 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hopefully American brings machines with headphone jacks. Having the big reveal and not being able to hear the game would really suck. It sounds like TPF is shaping up to be a zoo with everyone headed there due to all the new pins. It's going to be LOUD. Bringing GTFo machines with headphone jacks installed AND telling the community in advance to bring wired headsets would help set up the best chance at a great first experience with the machine.

I'd love to see them do BT audio too, they could be the first to include it and I can't believe it would be that difficult since the PC they use almost certainly has the BT chipset on it already. Of course I'm not a programmer so it may be much harder than I think and I guess you'd have to manage multiple people pairing / un-pairing their headphones / earbuds at a show like that.

#2444 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'd love to see them do BT audio too, they could be the first to include it and I can't believe it would be that difficult since the PC they use almost certainly has the BT chipset on it already. Of course I'm not a programmer so it may be much harder than I think and I guess you'd have to manage multiple people pairing / un-pairing their headphones / earbuds at a show like that.

For a show situation, wired is probably better, but BT would be better than nothing. I just feel like the pairing process would slow down the line they are sure to have. Wired headsets, you plug in and go.

#2445 1 year ago
A7D4D163-46B7-4635-93FE-30475FE7635E (resized).jpegA7D4D163-46B7-4635-93FE-30475FE7635E (resized).jpeg
#2446 1 year ago

A new GTF playfield as a prize at the IFPA Woman’s world pinball championships at Enterrium in Chicago.

Shared by @venetic
955DCDFF-36A9-4AD2-BF1C-3FFF5875457C (resized).jpeg955DCDFF-36A9-4AD2-BF1C-3FFF5875457C (resized).jpeg

#2447 1 year ago

BT is a great idea. I have BT on my tooth brush, it shouldn't be hard to have it on a pinball machine.

#2448 1 year ago

I see a Target Alpha in the background. GTF definitely has more than a bit of the feel of the Target Alpha backglass art.

#2449 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

A new GTF playfield as a prize at the IFPA Woman’s world pinball championships at Enterrium in Chicago.
Shared by Venetic
[quoted image]

With no inserts is a little...weird.

#2450 1 year ago

Good thing about AP games there is no FOMO. You can still buy any of the games they have ever made. Try before you buy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
There are 4,546 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/49?hl=spyroftw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.