IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
biff (resized).jpg
There are 4,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 94.
#2351 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I'm here pretty much every day, I try to respond to feedback / questions / problems / etc as best as I can.

There's no doubt that you (and Josh when he was with AP) are the most present and responsive rules designer on Pinside. And a big part of why I'm certainly looking forward to the launch of GTF.

#2352 1 year ago

This was always something special that they asked people for ideas. I remember the shaker integration in hot wheels... at a point somebody said it would be cool like having the feeling of a starting engine when the race starts.
In the next patch it was integrated in the code.

Damn thats exactly the point were a game is getting really special for yourself.

AP always stayed in touch with the people and always refined the code of older games. Best example is houdini...
This one is still integrating the chinese water chamber mod while during its mode. In the last patch so many lightshows got even better.

I made some 3d buildings for hw and put them on thingiverse free for all and some AP guys liked it on my channel. How great is that... (Btw. never got a single tip from this community for downloading).

It was never a bad communication or interaction with the people and tbh it couldn't be better.

Remembering brenna that always tried to fix your problems. I had a dropped machine and my distributor gave a shit about the cracked cabinet. Without the good service and support of AP this problem wouldn't be solved.

Just one person has a strange way of talking with the community especially in podcasts. Getting people excited... Like having a jump ramp on hot wheels... Making a homebrew contest... criticizing streamers that discuss a game (while promoting it for free)... And so on...

But the guys behind that company are the best.

#2354 1 year ago

Factory tour video also posted to their Youtube channel.

#2355 1 year ago

I think this trailer is great! AP is going over the top with teasers, which I like. The tank tread attachments, I’m assuming, will be only for the deluxe edition. Keep ‘em coming AP!

#2356 1 year ago
Screenshot_20230311_092536_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230311_092536_YouTube (resized).jpg
#2357 1 year ago

OK I'm assuming the turret will be removed and re positioned to become the topper when the head it up? From the peek you can see they have their own version of Expression lights. Honestly I can do without the tank treads, but this game keeps looking like it could be great. Nordman is certainly capable of anything.

#2358 1 year ago

One word “disappointment”. No images of the playfield or trailer of the ball flying around the shots. The cabinet looks cool and love the color. It looks like it will be a pain in the a** to raise and lower the back box everytime I want to play. I do not see why no playfield images. Why are they delaying this? This worries me they are not showing anything. I only hope the game play is amazing

#2359 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I did call it and say another release Friday/Saturday. One word “disappointment”. No images of the playfield or trailer of the ball flying around the shots. The cabinet looks cool and love the color. It looks like it will be a pain in the a** to raise and lower the back box everytime I want to play. I do not see why no playfield images. Do not understand why go this route. Why are they delaying this? I only hope the game play is amazing

Teasing. No other way to say it. And I get it. With all the other full reveals they need to do something different. Certainly this game will be WAY different from other new releases. Personally, I think it looks pretty cool. I think all this teasing is leading up to a full reveal at TPF. I doubt we’ll get a full reveal before that. Hopefully their strategy works.

#2360 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

One word “disappointment”. No images of the playfield or trailer of the ball flying around the shots. The cabinet looks cool and love the color. It looks like it will be a pain in the a** to raise and lower the back box everytime I want to play. I do not see why no playfield images. Why are they delaying this? This worries me they are not showing anything. I only hope the game play is amazing

Please try to relax.

#2361 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

OMG.... ! LOOOOOKS PERFECT for a DUDE like me !

Damn... i love this, also the teaser was pure comedy ! Hell yeah... this is cool. I am hyped.... !

#2362 1 year ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

OMG.... ! LOOOOOKS PERFECT for a DUDE like me !
Damn... i love this, also the teaser was pure comedy ! Hell yeah... this is cool. I am hyped.... !

I agree. Look hilarious and very different from everything else.

#2363 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I'm here pretty much every day, I try to respond to feedback / questions / problems / etc as best as I can. I'm sorry you find it unsatisfactory -- please feel free to DM me with any thoughts on how I/we can interact better. (This goes for anyone, not just punkin.)

We appreciate ya being here @Ferret! I followed OKT pretty closely right after release and your interaction with people about that game were / are very similar to the was Josh was with Houdini. The Spooky crew are also very similar and it's one of the many reasons I try to support both companies as much as possible.

#2364 1 year ago

ummmmmm…W H A T .

#2365 1 year ago

I gotta say…so far I’m really liking AP’s originality here. I can’t imagine anyone else other than Spooky being ballsy enough to make something like this. It’ll either be a big hit or a dud. God, I hope it’s a hit. This hobby needs out-of-the-box thinking and originality like this. Enough with the superhero and music themes!!!

#2366 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

They are certainly poorer without Josh representing them. Lucky they still have LTG here.
While there are some small interactions here with other software programmers, josh was the only one i ever saw here implementing requests from pinsiders.
Walking the line and keeping things respectful was his real talent, something that speaks fully for the type of person he is that i never saw him have harsh words with anyone, but still being faithful to his views. That's a hard balance.
He is the real reason (besides quality pinball machines) that i have brand loyalty to AP.
They should send him a royalty cheque at xmas every year.

He's a legend and a true asset to the pinball community but I don't think LTG has any official capacity with AP. He did have a support position with JJP until the were idiotic enought to end that and is still officially supporting CGC (I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm inaccurate here) but the support he provides for other games is just out of the kindness of his heart and love of the hobby.

#2367 1 year ago

Whole new meaning of "built like a tank"

Screenshot_20230311-094815 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230311-094815 (resized).png
#2368 1 year ago

American Pinball: our games are built like a tank.

#2369 1 year ago

Loving the theme. Not a fan of the side aprons, and what the hell do you do with the turret once you lift up the back box? Great tease cause it leaves me with questions that need answers. Hoping the playfield and game play is amazing, been looking forward to this coming out…hope they crush it!

#2370 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

ummmmmm…W H A T .

Even John Popaduik and Bobby Mueller would think this isn't a good use of development time and money.

#2371 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

and what the hell do you do with the turret once you lift up the back box?

When the game is set with the head up, the end of the cannon will be pointing straight up and turn into a flashing/rotating light of some sort as a topper.

#2372 1 year ago

Now I’m looking at it more this might. Be their top of the line their LE model. At least I hope it is. If this is the entry I could not imagine what the LE would look like let alone the price of this machine.

#2373 1 year ago

Looks like something bangerjay would create for the pinball Olympics. Can't wait to see more.

#2374 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:Personally, I think it looks pretty cool. I think all this teasing is leading up to a full reveal at TPF. I doubt we’ll get a full reveal before that. Hopefully their strategy works.

Sure hope they don’t wait until Texas. I think it would be stupid to wait 2-weeks after teasing the cabinet and getting so many eyes on your product. They need to keep accelerating out of the gate by showing the full game, opening orders and orchestrating some great streams right up to TX. Trade-shows are completely overrated for getting actual orders in pretty much every industry.

#2375 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

When the game is set with the head up, the end of the cannon will be pointing straight up and turn into a flashing/rotating light of some sort as a topper.

Yep, Rosh confirmed that in the other thread. I guess it was wishful thinking on my part that the turret would go on top when the head is up and become a MASSIVE topper.

#2376 1 year ago

Looks like a redemption game with all of that crap...no way that would end up in my game room.

#2377 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yep, Rosh confirmed that in the other thread. I guess it was wishful thinking on my part that the turret would go on top when the head is up and become a MASSIVE topper.

I must of missed that that would be pretty cool. This cabinet I don’t know what to think it’s so different.

#2378 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I'm here pretty much every day, I try to respond to feedback / questions / problems / etc as best as I can. I'm sorry you find it unsatisfactory -- please feel free to DM me with any thoughts on how I/we can interact better. (This goes for anyone, not just punkin.)

My apologies mate, you do a great job and i'm sorry i left you out. There are some other people here from other companies too that take a role, but less than yourself or Josh that i notice anyway.

#2379 1 year ago

It has too many buttons.

Never used them in my P3 and hated them, can't use a magna save to, well, save myself. Reaction times are way to slow for that shit.

Save the extra buttons for video games, pinball is supposed to have two buttons.

If the third button is needed for the gameplay i'll be out.

#2380 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

It has too many buttons.
Never used them in my P3 and hated them, can't use a magna save to, well, save myself. Reaction times are way to slow for that shit.
Save the extra buttons for video games, pinball is supposed to have two buttons.
If the third button is needed for the gameplay i'll be out.

On LOV the third button is like the button on lock down bars for Stern and JJP. I see no problem whatsoever with it. In fact, I like it. I’m sure it’s the same with this game.

#2381 1 year ago

I don't know if i could use it at this stage. I couldn't use the third flipper button on my P3 except when launching a ball, i was never quick enough to use it at other times.

Other people don't have that problem, and i've seen people use magna save plenty of times, but i doubt i've ever successfully done it.

#2382 1 year ago

Shadow has 4 buttons, one of the best games ever made. Pinball is supposed to have 2 buttons is nonsense.

#2383 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Shadow has 4 buttons, one of the best games ever made. Pinball is supposed to have 2 buttons is nonsense.

Agree I love the Shadow also. I do wish they had the buttons like the shadow with one in front of the other instead of on top of each other. Just feels more natural to me.

#2384 1 year ago

Play several games actively seeking use of the third button rather than missing it and instinct will start to set in. At least that’s how it worked for me…

#2385 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:Play several games actively seeking use of the third button rather than missing it and instinct will start to set in. At least that’s how it worked for me…

It's never worked for me before.

I just don't use the other buttons.

#2386 1 year ago

Hold the flipper up. Trap the ball. Press the 2nd button. Easy peasy

Quoted from punkin:

It's never worked for me before.
I just don't use the other buttons.

#2387 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Hold the flipper up. Trap the ball. Press the 2nd button. Easy peasy

Not much use for magna save your theory.

Is it ok for me to say i don't like extra buttons and can't use them or do people just want to make out i'm lying?

Move along with your conversation without trying to fix me, i just expressed a view the same as other people here have.

#2388 1 year ago

Impressions:

1. Looks like AP is on the hotrail/pinstadium train with this release.
2. No lockdown bar button is bucking the trend.
3. If the tank tread sides are deluxe-only, those cabinet side are going to look very plain.
4. Those squared-off leg tops are not attractive.
legs.jpglegs.jpg
5. AP really needs to spend more than $1.47 on their trailers. I'd bet ZMeny would make them a deal to turn out teasers/trailers with higher (let's be honest - 100x more) production value if approached.

Already have had an order in for GTFo for a while now on the strength of Nordmanite alone, but want to see THE GAME now.

#2389 1 year ago

2. AP doesnt use lock bar buttons. They always use a 2nd flipper button.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Impressions:
3. If the tank tread sides are deluxe-only, those cabinet side are going to look very plain.
5. AP really needs to spend more than $1.47 on their trailers. I'm sure Zach would give them a deal and turn out teasers/trailers with higher production value.
Already have had an order in for GTFo for a while now on the strength of Nordmanite alone, but want to see THE GAME now.

#2390 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

2. AP doesnt use lock bar buttons. They always use a 2nd flipper button.

Bucking.
The.
Trend.

Thought with a pro like Nordman at the helm, they'd get on the train (er, tank?). They've become popular for a reason.

#2391 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Impressions:
5. AP really needs to spend more than $1.47 on their trailers. I'd bet ZMeny would make them a deal to turn out teasers/trailers with higher (let's be honest - 100x more) production value if approached.

I mentioned it earlier but the SDTM boys did a funny reveal video for Hot Wheels for AP, posted it and then were told to take it down so the Deadflip stream would be the first reveal, it was all a PR mess and I don't think they'll go back to that any time soon, of course water could be under the bridge by now too.

#2392 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bucking.
The.
Trend.
Thought with a pro like Nordman at the helm, they'd get on the train (er, tank?). They've become popular for a reason.

Any mag save button belongs on the side of the game, review the BKSOR thread for how well moving it to the lockdown bar was received.

#2393 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Any mag save button belongs on the side of the game, review the BKSOR thread for how well moving it to the lockdown bar was received.

I'm not disagreeing with that. Using the lockdown bar button for magna save was unwelcome, naked cost-reduction by Stern.

I'm just saying that AP STILL not having a lockdown bar button is ignoring its proven value in location play. Casuals LOVE it to start the game and launch the ball, plus whatever else the code may do with it after that. The worth has been proven on the dime of other manufacturers. If AP is serious about courting operators, all AP machine should have a lockdown bar button going forward.

#2394 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

Agree I love the Shadow also. I do wish they had the buttons like the shadow with one in front of the other instead of on top of each other. Just feels more natural to me.

I totally agree with this. Ever since I started playing pinball, I've hit the buttons a couple of knuckles down from my fingertips. That means my normal playing position puts my fingertips in the area of the second button on Munsters and AP games. This really sucks and I wish it was set up like Shadow instead. Hopefully the purpose of the second button isn't some limited item like a magna save or smart bomb otherwise I will be wasting them by hitting the lower button by mistake...

shadow (resized).jpgshadow (resized).jpg
#2395 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Got BKSoR here on loan again and i've never successfully used the button. I've given up on that one too.

If it's a similar function to boom on DP or shoot on NBA Fastbreak i can probably use it, but if it takes reaction time like magna save, third flipper etc i don't stand a chance.

#2396 1 year ago

I hate that lockbar button on my BKSOR Premium... they could also save this magnet feature completly. You never hit it in time...

But the funny thing on regional turnaments is to watch people missing it 100% too and still thinking they are to slow

#2397 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Got BKSoR here on loan again and i've never successfully used the button. I've given up on that one too.
If it's a similar function to boom on DP or shoot on NBA Fastbreak i can probably use it, but if it takes reaction time like magna save, third flipper etc i don't stand a chance.

Pedal solves that problem completely. Try it, you'll love it on BK:SoR.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/action-button-foot-pedal-for-bksor-godzilla-etc#post-6616394

#2398 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I mentioned it earlier but the SDTM boys did a funny reveal video for Hot Wheels for AP, posted it and then were told to take it down so the Deadflip stream would be the first reveal, it was all a PR mess and I don't think they'll go back to that any time soon, of course water could be under the bridge by now too.

Totally forgot about that. Maybe that's water under the bridge, maybe not. I hope it's old news and ZMeny would take the job if asked, because AP CLEARLY needs the help with promotion.

#2399 1 year ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

I hate that lockbar button on my BKSOR Premium... they could also save this magnet feature completly. You never hit it in time...
But the funny thing on regional turnaments is to watch people missing it 100% too and still thinking they are to slow

The ball save worked on the original BK because the ball moved so slowly. You had time to think about it and the magnet had a good chance of grabbing the ball because it moved slower. There were times it actually pulled the ball upwards and saved it. On BKSOR the ball moves so fast there is no time to react on 99% of the outlane losses and even if you did the ball would slip by because it was moving so fast. I was one of the first people to install a button on cabinet of BKSOR and even with it right next to the flipped button I was lucky to save one ball in a game.

#2400 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:The ball save worked on the original BK because the ball moved so slowly. You had time to think about it and the magnet had a good chance of grabbing the ball because it moved slower. There were times it actually pulled the ball upwards and saved it. On BKSOR the ball moves so fast there is no time to react on 99% of the outlane losses and even if you did the ball would slip by because it was moving so fast. I was one of the first people to install a button on cabinet of BKSOR and even with it right next to the flipped button I was lucky to save one ball in a game.

We're gonna need a bigger magnet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,495.00
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, ME
There are 4,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/48?hl=spyroftw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.