IMG_1667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 94.
#2251 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Then they need to wait until after the TZ remake announcement...but there will be a lot of money already committed by then with all these pin announcements. AP is suddenly in a bad spot - again.

Is TZ confirmed?
I totally get your point, it must be super intimidating following up Scooby Doo, Foo Fighters, and now Goodfellas. At the same time 1) AP machines tend to be more reasonably priced and 2) the pinball market is hungry enough for variety that they can still be successful at their production tier (huge assumptions there on my part, but I'm cheering for them)

#2252 1 year ago

Yeah AP really needed to get in front of some of these announcements with some real pictures or videos of the game. To me AP is #1 for both quality and value for the buck. For my money I'm still down for a GTF. FF looks cool, but the theme doesn't do it for me and not sold on the longevity of the layout. Scooby is interesting, but not enough to get my money. Godfather as much as I like the movie is a hard pass. BUT, the possibility of a brand new TZ is giving me pause. So right now I'm AP and/or CGC or nothing on this round.

#2253 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I would at least like a trailer or at least a few pictures of the game and play-field

Agreed, the hour is getting late...

#2254 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Agreed, the hour is getting late...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2255 1 year ago

With Starship Fantasy saying he knew about the ramp order last year, that's as good as confirmed for me. The man does ramps for a living. He would know.

Quoted from cait001:

I totally get your point, it must be super intimidating following up Scooby Doo, Foo Fighters, and now Goodfellas. At the same time 1) AP machines tend to be more reasonably priced and 2) the pinball market is hungry enough for variety that they can still be successful at their production tier (huge assumptions there on my part, but I'm cheering for them)

I'm all for a Nordman pin and am down for a GTFo already. I'm just concerned that by the time they feel some immediacy in the halls of AP to show this, a LOT of pinball money will already be tied up in any of a number of great pins we already have seen.

#2256 1 year ago

I think it would be a mistake to wait to launch at TPF. Machines are never their best in a loud, packed hall. Can’t hear the sound, voltage drop/mushy flippers, poor lighting, line of people behind you…. Hard to recover a flawed first impression, especially with all the competition. Get out in front with professional marketing and video of some top players making the game shine - like everyone else is doing. If they put out a Nordman/Franchi/Ferret/Josh packed world-under-glass at their current price point they will sell plenty of games. Guessing there are lots of “old guys with $$” that would much rather have an original retro, sci-fi pin then a Sat. morning cartoon, some band they don’t really know, or old mafia drama.

#2257 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I think it would be a mistake to wait to launch at TPF. Machines are never their best in a loud, packed hall. Can’t hear the sound, voltage drop/mushy flippers, poor lighting, line of people behind you…. Hard to recover a flawed first impression, especially with all the competition. Get out in front with professional marketing and video of some top players making the game shine - like everyone else is doing. If they put out a Nordman/Franchi/Ferret/Josh packed world-under-glass at their current price point they will sell plenty of games. Guessing there are lots of “old guys with $$” that would much rather have an original retro, sci-fi pin then a Sat. morning cartoon, some band they don’t really know, or old mafia drama.

Carey Hardy on his live stream today was talking about GTF. He said it was going to be shown prior to TPF but other than that he couldn’t say much. My guess based on that is we will see a trailer Friday or Saturday. Then we will see a little more the following week. Then the next week is TPF where they will have it on site. That’s just my guess. I wish I could have gone this year. So many new releases I wanted to try FF, Godfather, Scooby Doo and GTFo

#2258 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

What was the supposed reason for the delay in announcement? What indication is there a release last year was even on the menu? Just guesses? If they didn't think the game was good enough, wasn't ready, or they couldn't build them for whatever reason, then I'd prefer they wait until it's done. It might now be worse timing for them, but that's hardly a "botch" and reason for derision IMO.

The reason for the 4 month delay was because they had to figure out all the complicated engineering. No one has ever made a pinball machine look like a tank before when its ready to be transported!

#2259 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

My understanding is that Nordman was working on something like GTF when he was at Deeproot.

Where's the PINBAR?

SmartSelect_20230308-001916_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230308-001916_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2260 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I agree ! I always love license free themes that make you imagine the story bebind.
Houdini, Black Knight Sor, or even Heist /the new p3 final resistance, TNA... All really special games.
I like them a lot...
In germany the new godfather CE ist listet with 18000 euro... Valhalla Limited was listed with around 10000,l.
It's nearly half of the price. I would never buy a game thats around 20k.
So why not considering something different, probably less licensed, way cheaper, less fancy in animation.
But still a good pinball game, affordable and fun to shoot.

I think there is a market for people that like playing pinball and haven't the money to buy everything blind for a pricepoint thats totally crazy. Videos give a good impression pretty sure we will get one soon .

#2261 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Carey Hardy on his live stream today was talking about GTF. He said it was going to be shown prior to TPF but other than that he couldn’t say much. My guess based on that is we will see a trailer Friday or Saturday. Then we will see a little more the following week. Then the next week is TPF where they will have it on site. That’s just my guess. I wish I could have gone this year. So many new releases I wanted to try FF, Godfather, Scooby Doo and GTFo

I hope they don't drag it out too much. The previous two "trailers" have had zero useful information. If they do another low content video and then make us wait an entire week for "a little more" I think people are going to get even more frustrated. I think it would be good to put out a quality playfield pic as soon as possible and aim to get some gameplay video when they can.

Originally I was excited for the Scooby theme but the gameplay videos I've seen have totally deflated my interest, I see a lot of very slow batting the ball around that upper playfield which doesn't grab me. Of course I still want to try all the new releases in person, but odds of buying any of them so far are low. Godfather is too expensive. Foo Fighters isn't my era, I'm lucky if I can name one song of theirs. I've been on hold waiting to see Galactic Tank Force and I really hope it's awesome.

#2262 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Remember when they had SDTM do a promo video for Hot Wheels and then made them take it down so the Deadflip stream would be the first to show it, that was a mess.

#2263 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

Is TZ confirmed?

I don't get why people ask things like is such and such heavily rumored pin "confirmed". No. Have you seen any official press releases, announcements, articles, ect about it? No? Then its not CoNfIrMeD. Lets not forget foo fighters, TGF, and even GTF were all just officially confirmed like a week ago. We all knew they were coming though. Pulp Fiction is still not confirmed, but watch...you're gonna see it soon.

#2264 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I don't get why people ask things like is such and such heavily rumored pin "confirmed". No. Have you seen any official press releases, announcements, articles, ect about it? No? Then its not CoNfIrMeD. Lets not forget foo fighters, TGF, and even GTF were all just officially confirmed like a week ago. We all knew they were coming though. Pulp Fiction is still not confirmed, but watch...you're gonna see it soon.

I agree. Speculation is the biggest sport among pinheads, but I think there have been enough recent releases to give people an idea of where they should park their pinball dollars for the next six months or so. Fo Fighters - if you’re not into the band, look elsewhere. Scooby- don’t dig cartoon themes, look elsewhere. Godfather- think the movies are too slow or played out, look elsewhere. Galactic Tank Force - think it’s too sci-fi, silly or nonsensical, well…you get it. And you can always put your money in an interest earning account or investment and wait for a game to come out that truly excites you. There are a lot of options for us right now.

#2265 1 year ago

All eyes on AP. I can't wait to see this Nordman layout.

#2266 1 year ago

Hopefully GTF is shown off Friday or Saturday. Hopefully they can start shipping by April. I know AP was talking about having another release later this year. If thats true we would have 2 Stern, 2 AP, and hopefully 2 JJP and 2 Spooky. It will be a fun year. Just would like to see more GTF to know if I should spend my money on FF or GTF. If GTF is like any former pin its like Hotwheels. That game is fast, fun and has great colors and animations. I can not wait to see how Tanks in Space look

#2267 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Hopefully GTF is shown off Friday or Saturday. Hopefully they can start shipping by April. I know AP was talking about having another release later this year. If thats true we would have 2 Stern, 2 AP, and hopefully 2 JJP and 2 Spooky. It will be a fun year. Just would like to see more GTF to know if I should spend my money on FF or GTF. If GTF is like any former pin its like Hotwheels. That game is fast, fun and has great colors and animations. I can not wait to see how Tanks in Space look

And if those aren't enough new games for you the teaser for Pulp Fiction from Play Mechanix and CGC, designed by Mark Ritchie just dropped.

#2268 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

And if those aren't enough new games for you the teaser for Pulp Fiction from Play Mechanix and CGC, designed by Mark Ritchie just dropped.

Where? I wanna see

#2269 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

If thats true we would have 2 Stern, 2 AP, and hopefully 2 JJP and 2 Spooky.

And 2 from Multimorphic. Final Resistance was just released.

#2270 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Where? I wanna see

#2271 1 year ago

Crazy time for the pinball hobby right now. So much available and (for most of us) only limited funds and space for new acquisitions. I truly hope AP’s Galactic can find its place in this crowded field. They better have one hell of a reveal at TPF!!!

#2272 1 year ago

So AP had this ready to reveal in the Fall, and waited and are now going to be 5th out of 5 to reveal??

Ugh, I love their pins, but they desperately need new Sales and Marketing talent, this is embarrassing

#2273 1 year ago

In the five years since i bought my first pinball machine and had my friends and their friends over playing pinball on Sundays and other times, 5 different families i know have bought their first pinball machine and some are on their second and third machines and starting their own collection.

Despite what y'all say, from my experience the market is growing, not limited by existing owners space.

Give some thought to whether this is true in your case. If not, think about inviting more people to share your love of pinball.

#2274 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

So AP had this ready to reveal in the Fall, and waited and are now going to be 5th out of 5 to reveal??
Ugh, I love their pins, but they desperately need new Sales and Marketing talent, this is embarrassing

I think you would want to build the hype before TPF. Not just release it there. Im sure lots of people will be there wanting to get a new pin. If Stern and JJP are already a few weeks ahead of AP they have had more time to build hype. AP releasing at TPF will not give a great amount of time for the consumer to make a great decision on whos machine is best for their collection. We all wish we could have them all but for most of us space and $$$ are a big factor.

#2275 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

The assumption is that since they didn't show it at Expo (and even cancelled the sneak peek at the PBL open house) it was not ready, let's all hope it is now!

#2276 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The assumption is that since they didn't show it at Expo (and even cancelled the sneak peek at the PBL open house) it was not ready, let's all hope it is now!

Agreed!! I want to see this bad boy

#2277 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

They did. And then he became President… LOL!

#2278 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

They did. And then he became President… LOL!

Yeah, well...He needs some muscle to get this shit on track.

#2279 1 year ago

That sound you hear is all the hand wringing going on by people who were thinking about buying Godfather now thinking about canceling and ordering Pulp Fiction. I love both movies, but Pulp Fiction is definitely a WAY better suited adult/gangster theme for pinball, not to mention Mark Ritchie is the designer!!

I'm still down for GTF if it looks as good as I think it will, but now it seems Pulp Fiction is coming instead of TZ from CGC? If that is the case I might need to get both and it is time to sell a game or two to make room!! God forbid both PF and TZ come out from CGC this year!

#2280 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

That sound you hear is all the hand wringing going on by people who were thinking about buying Godfather now thinking about canceling and ordering Pulp Fiction. I love both movies, but Pulp Fiction is definitely a WAY better suited adult/gangster theme for pinball, not to mention Mark Ritchie is the designer!!
I'm still down for GTF if it looks as good as I think it will, but now it seems Pulp Fiction is coming instead of TZ from CGC? If that is the case I might need to get both and it is time to sell a game or two to make room!! God forbid both PF and TZ come out from CGC this year!

So sell a game to buy another you say?

Doesn't that fix the limited space and limited fund scenario?

And it still gets a near new game out in the public to grow the hobby for those coming through.

Perhaps these idiot marketers have at least figured out that much?

Quoted from Rizmo:

I think you would want to build the hype before TPF. Not just release it there. Im sure lots of people will be there wanting to get a new pin. If Stern and JJP are already a few weeks ahead of AP they have had more time to build hype. AP releasing at TPF will not give a great amount of time for the consumer to make a great decision on whos machine is best for their collection. We all wish we could have them all but for most of us space and $$$ are a big factor.

Hey look!

John has found a solution for you!

#2281 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

So sell a game to buy another you say?
Doesn't that fix the limited space and limited fund scenario?
And it still gets a near new game out in the public to grow the hobby for those coming through.
Perhaps these idiot marketers have at least figured out that much?

Haha these are surely what are known as first world problems. My near new games are actually better than new. They come with knocker, shaker, quiet fans, plastic protectors, Cliffy's etc already installed.

Fortunately I'm already passing on FF, SD and Godfather, so my choices are a little easier. Also, I expect to have a decent idea of what I am getting rather than putting money on a game sight unseen.

#2282 1 year ago

You have it figured out.

#2283 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

You really think the glacial pace is due to the sales and marketing team?

#2284 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

You really think the glacial pace is due to the sales and marketing team?

I mean, they are sitting on a finished version of this game...Get the damn thing out there for the masses to see and sell some freakin' reserve spots...Yes

#2285 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I mean, they are sitting on a finished version of this game...Get the damn thing out there for the masses to see and sell some freakin' reserve spots...Yes

Then they are the worst bastards in the world because the code isn't finished or the mechs aren't tuned.

#2286 1 year ago

The only thing I can think of now is what is happening on why there is a delay. Almost every other pinball company has a new game in the pipeline ready to ship. AP didnt expect 4/5 new games to drop so fast. Now the market is too crazy with new pins. Now this is my opinion they are afraid it will hurt their sales because now people have 4/5 other companies to give their money. The market is flooded. It will cut into sales of AP because there are so many options. What they should of done if was really ready for the masses. Was drop their trailer where you see the actual machine right before Foo Fighters. That way they are at the front of the pack. Now they are at the end and have to try and play catch up. I think the art/game play has to be great for them to stay alive now and not make this a lost opportunity

#2287 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

AP didn't expect 4/5 new games to drop so fast.

I don't know crap, but I doubt that.

#2288 1 year ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I don't know crap, but I doubt that.

1)Stern - Foo Fighters

2) JJP - Godfather

3) Spooky - Scooby-Doo

4) Multimorphic P3 - Final Resistance

and now

5) Chicago Gaming Company - Pulp Fiction

American is now behind the curve. If the game really was ready to go. I have no idea why hold off on releasing it

#2289 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

1)Stern - Foo Fighters
2) JJP - Godfather
3) Spooky - Scooby-Doo
4) Multimorphic P3 - Final Resistance
and now
5) Chicago Gaming Company - Pulp Fiction
American is now behind the curve. If the game really was ready to go. I have no idea why hold off on releasing it

He's not doubting there's five games...

He's doubting your statement that they didn't expect other pinball companies to continue making new product.

#2290 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

He's not doubting there's five games...
He's doubting your statement that they didn't expect other pinball companies to continue making new product.

ohhh lol. Im runnin on like 4 hours of sleep. After for being up for 14 hours already lol

#2291 1 year ago

Damn, i've seen 25 new posts and bet there was a new trailer...
But then...
Still people crying and waiting for their icecream.

Mehhh...

#2292 1 year ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

Damn, i've seen 25 new posts and bet there was a new trailer...
But then...
Still people crying and waiting for their icecream.
Mehhh...

d6e1d9329a849b9d5f28df3ee3fa80d3.gifd6e1d9329a849b9d5f28df3ee3fa80d3.gif

#2293 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

I would eat a whole jar of Vegemite and try not to throw up all over the place if it ment they would show a actual trailer showing the game

#2294 1 year ago

They better hurry up because my ice cream is melting

A7A43134-6A69-4D58-B1E5-72FD2B8EF977 (resized).jpegA7A43134-6A69-4D58-B1E5-72FD2B8EF977 (resized).jpeg

#2295 1 year ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

They better hurry up because my ice cream is melting
[quoted image]

Living in Phoenix the ice cream has melted once you have taken it out from the freezer. lol

#2296 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I would eat a whole jar of Vegemite and try not to throw up all over the place if it ment they would show a actual trailer showing the game

It takes a few years to eat a jar of vegemite.

Relax, go and choose a game from the great library of games that have already been released. There's hundreds and hundreds of titles you've never played before.

Why would you want just see a trailer advertising the game? I despise ad's myself, it's one of the main reasons i don't watch television.

Wouldn't you rather see a game play video?

Sit back and wait like an adult and it will surface when the company deems it the right time to release it. Have faith they know what they are doing.

In the mean time, carry on sir.

#2297 1 year ago

AP does seem to be a little slow with this release. Perhaps restructuring theme?

GCF! Galactic Cricket Force

D6774C84-8212-4EF0-86C8-53A0CC485C51.gifD6774C84-8212-4EF0-86C8-53A0CC485C51.gif
#2298 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

It takes a few years to eat a jar of vegemite.
Relax, go and choose a game from the great library of games that have already been released. There's hundreds and hundreds of titles you've never played before.
Why would you want just see a trailer advertising the game? I despise ad's myself, it's one of the main reasons i don't watch television.
Wouldn't you rather see a game play video?
Sit back and wait like an adult and it will surface when the company deems it the right time to release it. Have faith they know what they are doing.
In the mean time, carry on sir.

Yea thats what I mean. Where it actually shows the game and some play footage of shots and what I could expect. Idk how Australians eat that stuff. I had to try some when I visited. I couldnt even eat the entire little plastic container of that Vegemite that they pass out for breakfast. I dont know how its loved. Now Tim Tams on the other hand are nicer treat. I am an American we are a very impulsive people lol

#2299 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Yea thats what I mean. Where it actually shows the game and some play footage of shots and what I could expect. Idk how Australians eat that stuff. I had to try some when I visited. I couldnt even eat the entire little plastic container of that Vegemite that they pass out for breakfast. I dont know how its loved. Now Tim Tams on the other hand are nicer treat. I am an American we are a very impulsive people lol

You guys don't look impulsive.

13a9427930fb9d3f3e5f29b5bfcad7ae (resized).jpg13a9427930fb9d3f3e5f29b5bfcad7ae (resized).jpg

Don't worry about vegemite, have you ever eaten a rollmop?

That takes a special girl.

#2300 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Until further notice, there's one guy at AP who calls the shots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,495.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.