IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
biff (resized).jpg
There are 4,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 94.
#1951 1 year ago
01B1D96A-8365-4F5B-A64A-625CBF56FE03 (resized).jpeg01B1D96A-8365-4F5B-A64A-625CBF56FE03 (resized).jpeg
#1952 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

About Flippin time!

#1953 1 year ago

I dunno if that new American Pinball logo is just for this game, I get why it fits the theme, but I'd be down to see them adopt a version of it for everything going forward. Maybe dial down the rendering just a little bit, but it's much more interesting and relevant for the name than their current logo, which is rather anemic and bland.

You're AMERICAN Pinball, leaning into the Americana and retro vibe feels like a smart move to me.

#1954 1 year ago

I believe that is their new logo that Christopher Frenchi did

#1955 1 year ago

Hmmmm....almost has a "Forbidden Planet" -type feel. If that's the case, I'll be first in line to order. AP figured out everything that Stern and others messed up on, and that's customer service. Additionally, their pins are built like tanks, so that doesn't hurt.

#1956 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

I hope I like the pin as much as the ad art! Very cool.

#1957 1 year ago

Yeah, their pins are well built. Price tag doesn't sting, either. Really looking forward to this.

#1958 1 year ago

Hoping this will be my first AP. Galactic Tank Force is a theme I can get behind. Looking forward to seeing the game.

#1959 1 year ago

Yeah we are all getting rapped over the coals with Stern and JJP and their price hikes

#1960 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yeah we are all getting rapped over the coals with Stern and JJP and their price hikes

Stern's pros are still a cheaper entry level. What does AP offer that Stern doesn't at entry level?

#1961 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Stern's pros are still a cheaper entry level. What does AP offer that Stern doesn't at entry level?

I totally understand that but stern is out of their minds now at thier prices for their premium and les their le is double the cost of the pro almost

#1962 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

I totally understand that but stern is out of their minds now at thier prices for their premium and les their le is double the cost of the pro almost

I agree. I'm just genuinely curious b/c I've never owned an AP

#1963 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't think A.P. makes any other arcade games, they did the one redemption game "The Flying Dutchman" but I'm not sure how many of those they ever even sold. Their parent company Aimtron makes a LOT of stuff include boards for just about any application you can imagine. American Pinball is a wholly-owned subsidiary that has to support their own financials, etc.

I thought they manufactured cabs for Raw Thrills...Right?

#1964 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

LOV Deluxe was 8400 retail, came with shaker, sideblades, topper, invisiglass, powdercoat and mirrored backglass

That is a lot of value compared to Stern LE's at 13k ish...I know it's not apples to apples in some way, because Stern games are licenses, but still...That's a 5k difference

#1965 1 year ago

I’ve been told the game is ready and playable. American Pinball has invited a few local fans to check it out. If you’re in the Chicago area, reach out to them. Maybe you can get some early access

#1966 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’ve been told the game is ready and playable. American Pinball have invited a few local fans to check it out. If you’re in the Chicago area, reach out to them. Maybe you can get some early access

Just reached out! I don’t have an AP game as none have clicked with me yet. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for GTFO!

#1967 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

What does AP offer that Stern doesn't at entry level?

Nearly 100% RGB lighting is one obvious thing.

(I have to have that “nearly” disclaimer, since a couple things like the coin door and start button are not RGB — don’t want anyone to feel cheated )

#1968 1 year ago

... a company that reduced prices because of less features (hot wheels), that integrated mods into the code (houdini water tank), is very active in forums (compared to stern), offers a classic version with all features for less money (Lov), does a game about german beer (cheers to that), has no chipping on pf, regular lock bar, regular power switch (damn i hate to climb behind my sterns)

I like many things on my ap pins

#1969 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Nearly 100% RGB lighting is one obvious thing.
(I have to have that “nearly” disclaimer, since a couple things like the coin door and start button are not RGB — don’t want anyone to feel cheated )

Hot Wheels’ light shows are awesome!

#1970 1 year ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

... a company that reduced prices because of less features (hot wheels), that integrated mods into the code (houdini water tank), is very active in forums (compared to stern), offers a classic version with all features for less money (Lov), does a game about german beer (cheers to that), has no chipping on pf, regular lock bar, regular power switch (damn i hate to climb behind my sterns)
I like many things on my ap pins

I agree with that, but let's not get crazy. Houdini had some PF chipping at the right vuk exit on more than a few machines.

Love the new logo, but most excited that we're getting an original Nordman theme in 2023.

#1971 1 year ago

excited

#1972 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I thought they manufactured cabs for Raw Thrills...Right?

That would be Churchill aka CGC

#1973 1 year ago

I'm very interested to see what Nordman has been cooking up. The hard part will be finding one to play though, I haven't had much luck locating AP machines in the wild.

#1974 1 year ago

I need pictures of this f’n thing

#1975 1 year ago

This is going to be the game of the year I’m thinking; last game Dennis did was Elvira house of horrors

#1976 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I agree with that, but let's not get crazy. Houdini had some PF chipping at the right vuk exit on more than a few machines.
Love the new logo, but most excited that we're getting an original Nordman theme in 2023.

Houdinis used both mirco and Bader playfields, mirco dimple less but can chip. For a variety of reasons, Bader became the sole provider part way through Houdini. I preferred the Bader from the start, as I like the white inserts which I think show the colors better.

From the start Joe Balcer, wanted to be sure AP games were high quality premium games. He, Jim Thornton and I fought many a battle with ownership to make that happen. There were many attempts to cheapen things that we fought against and won. At the end of the day, I credit Balcer for the high quality build of AP games.

With the change in management and new factory move, a number of mirco playfields were used in a Houdini run a couple of years ago. I spotted it when I was asked to trouble shoot some games coming off the line. They then removed the mirco from inventory.

Quoted from dboeren:

I'm very interested to see what Nordman has been cooking up.

I spent over a year working on the next game, with Dennis, Jack Haeger, Zofia Ryan, ferret, Chris franchi, and many others, and it is definitely going to give you guys a lot to talk about. I’m looking forward to see the final product. Today, I was looking for a photo and while scrolling saw a bunch of behind the scenes stuff that I shot, that i’ll share someday.

#1977 1 year ago

Well shit! Tpf here we come!

#1978 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Houdinis used both mirco and Bader playfields, mirco dimple less but can chip. For a variety of reasons, Bader became the sole provider part way through Houdini. I preferred the Bader from the start, as I like the white inserts which I think show the colors better.

It's a shame Bader doesn't have the capacity to handle more business of the level Mirco is farting out, because I would like nothing more than the pinball world to turn their back on Mirco for the years of crappy quality he forced into machines because he was the only option with the capacity needed. Once he went to digital after The Hobbit (which had rock-solid playfields), he's had one flavor of garbage or another the whole time.

Quoted from rosh:

I spent over a year working on the next game, with Dennis, Jack Haeger, Zofia Ryan, ferret, Chris franchi, and many others, and it is definitely going to give you guys a lot to talk about. I’m looking forward to see the final product. Today, I was looking for a photo and while scrolling saw a bunch of behind the scenes stuff that I shot, that i’ll share someday.

I just hope the awesome stuff that Nordman comes up with is presented in its entirety and not partially edited out like happened with Elvira 3, where the whoop de doo ramp, physical hand of fate wheel, and alternate ramp behind the house were cut after he left Stern. Hopefully AP let his imagination run wild. If they did, we're indeed in for a treat.

#1979 1 year ago

Hearing that AP let Dennis do what he wants to and be his creative self; this game is going to rock; the original theme we all want

#1980 1 year ago

Interesting, I wonder if X918 is related to LEGO Set 918 - https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=918-1#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0} aka "Space Transport"

#1981 1 year ago

No corners were cut on this game, and it’s an interesting layout, that is unique and different from most recent games. I do think Dennis’ layout following this one is one of his best ever, and bummed I won’t get to do rules and code on it.

The games concept was Dennis and Paul Reno, but Jack Hager and I expanded it quite a bit and in a direction that was, well, a bit more satirical, and while not every one loved it at first, I suspect most are pleased with how it all came together. Regardless, sounds like you will see it soon and can decide for yourselves, as I said, it is going to give y’all A LOT to talk about.

jJP used Bader at one time, but then burned that bridge. I think spooky and AP are now using all of Bader’s capacity. Btw I hear the name pronounced wrong all the time, it is bod-er.

#1982 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

No corners were cut on this game, and it’s an interesting layout, that is unique and different from most recent games. I do think Dennis’ layout following this one is one of his best ever, and bummed I won’t get to do rules and code on it.
The games concept was Dennis and Paul Reno, but Jack Hager and I expanded it quite a bit and in a direction that was, well, a bit more satirical, and while not every one loved it at first, I suspect most are pleased with how it all came together. Regardless, sounds like you will see it soon and can decide for yourselves, as I said, it is going to give y’all A LOT to talk about.
jJP used Bader at one time, but then burned that bridge. I think spooky and AP are now using all of Bader’s capacity. Btw I hear the name pronounced wrong all the time, it is bod-er.

Rosh will the second design from Dennis be the next release after Galactic tank force ?

#1983 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

bummed I won’t get to do rules and code on it.

I wish you had your fingers in it too.

Lots of exciting things happening at AP.

LTG : )

#1984 1 year ago

Sounds bright for the future with Nordman at AP

#1985 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Recent Stern Pros have been quite trimmed down in general play field features. It seems their pros keep getting skimpier and skimpier when you compare them to old Pros which had more toys and playfield features. AP even entry level stuff feels pretty complete out the package feature wise.

#1986 1 year ago
Quoted from Aldie:

Interesting, I wonder if X918 is related to LEGO Set 918 - https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=918-1#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0} aka "Space Transport"

X is just an X... 9/18 is my birthday!

#1987 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Recent Stern Pros have been quite trimmed down in general play field features. It seems their pros keep getting skimpier and skimpier when you compare them to old Pros which had more toys and playfield features. AP even entry level stuff feels pretty complete out the package feature wise.

Bond pro was not trimmed down bad. On that one the pro is the way to go. Especially considering the price from a pro to a premium now. Not worth the cost.

#1988 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Rosh will the second design from Dennis be the next release after Galactic tank force ?

Been gone from AP for almost a year, but when I was there, the plan was GTF, Dennis game 2, and then Barry O's last design. Whether that is still the plan, your guess is as good as mine.

#1989 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Been gone from AP for almost a year, but when I was there, the plan was GTF, Dennis game 2, and then Barry O's last design. Whether that is still the plan, your guess is as good as mine.

I thought you were still doing consulting or contract work with AP. No?

#1990 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

rosh why did you depart AP?

#1991 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Bond pro was not trimmed down bad. On that one the pro is the way to go. Especially considering the price from a pro to a premium now. Not worth the cost.

Cmon now.....

Some food for thought. Stern hasn’t released a pro model with a motorized toy on the playfield since TMNT. That’s ridiculous. As a comparison, I just got in a data East Star Wars, which has “3” motorized toys on it. 30 year old game. And the NIB price on a watered down stern pro vs this DE dinosaur is more than double. Why?

Now, I’m not saying that all stern pros suck, by any means. I’ve bought at least one of each new recently with the exception of LZ (sucks), and Rush (waited out the scoop debacle, now I want one). But don’t come out and say what stern is doing is ok for the consumer. It sucks. Mando looks like something they slapped together to get a game for sale coming out of the pandemic. Certainly underwhelming. Even Godzilla pro, despite being a great game, is a sea of flat plastic.

I’m not drinking the bond kool aid yet. They need to do a lot more with it. I own one and it’s earning well, but it’s still in the honeymoon phase.... but my Godzilla premium and GNRSE have our earned it the last couple weeks. We shall see.

#1992 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought you were still doing consulting or contract work with AP. No?

Quoted from Pinballer73:

rosh why did you depart AP?

End of last March, we parted ways, the only thing I was told was that due to a change in direction I was no longer needed. Not sure why I was not needed, considering on GTF I created the rules with ferret, developed the story with Dennis and Jack, wrote more than half the script, co-directed the actors, designed new light boards and had the rules and mechs coded. The game was totally playable at that point and we were waiting on assets to replace all the placeholders we had put in, most of which were storyboard images created by either Jack or myself during story/rules development.

#1993 1 year ago

Following

#1994 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

End of last March, we parted ways, the only thing I was told was that due to a change in direction I was no longer needed. Not sure why I was not needed, considering on GTF I created the rules with ferret, developed the story with Dennis and Jack, wrote more than half the script, co-directed the actors, designed new light boards and had the rules and mechs coded. The game was totally playable at that point and we were waiting on assets to replace all the placeholders we had put in, most of which were storyboard images created by either Jack or myself during story/rules development.

That sucks because I love your work on hot wheels

#1995 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

That’s too bad. I bought a new Houdini in 2018 and followed your input as you continued to improve the game. Your work was pretty amazing and very collaborative with us mere owners. The collaboration by you and other of the employees was a definite positive for the company. I was very sorry to see you go. Thanks for hanging in this thread. I know we all appreciate the continued involvement with your creations and with the hobby.

#1996 1 year ago

AP lost some good people...

Michael Grant, Josh and...
Dave Brennan the best support guy in the whole pinball universe.

Still AP is my favorit company, but there was some shade :

The critics on streaming and streamers, talking about hardware updates that never happened like a jump ramp for hot wheels, annoucing scorbit cooperation thats maybe not around the corner, the "we will produce your homebrew contest"...

I wish them really all the best ! Don't get me wrong, but they had some questionable decisions.

#1997 1 year ago

I wonder if this game is set in a universe far far away or maybe that space craft has landed on Uranus and is looking in towards Saturn/Jupiter.

#1998 1 year ago

Part of me wants this to be a game about the conflict between Marvin the Martian and Duck Dodgers. Art definitely looks cool.

#1999 1 year ago

GTF seems like a great general theme depending on exactly what they do with it - I've been pretty disappointed with AP's themes since day one. Some space sci-fi is something I can get behind. I'll be selling my MET Pro soon to get something new, and this one is definitely on my radar. Been pretty underwhelmed with Stern lately, though I do love my GZ.

Cheers and best of luck with the release to AP.

#2000 1 year ago

I have heard that AP is doing away with that strange head shape. Anyone have any info about that? reminds me a bit of the old Gottlieb premieres.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,495.00
Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 8,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/40?hl=maur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.