IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
biff (resized).jpg
There are 4,660 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 94.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

more horror pins!!

I agree. Love that theme. An Zombie or Alien them.

#152 4 years ago

I am really hoping American Pinball think about Tesla (NOT THE CAR) as a theme. Lots of great steam punk / electricity art and toys possible.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

I am really hoping American Pinball think about Tesla (NOT THE CAR) as a theme. Lots of great steam punk / electricity art and toys possible.

Edison vs Tesla! I'm afraid we are in the minority here. Maybe Marvel will make a movie about it.

#154 4 years ago

I thought Hot Wheels was coming ?

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Rumors say either hot wheels or Sherlock Holmes or both because they are also developing another redemption game, so only one if them is a Pinball machine.

All rumors though, maybe something completely different. Reveal is scheduled for TPF which that is actually confirmed.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I believe.....that is a joke that podcast guy fell for. Laughable, unlicensed theme, 100%.

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I believe.....that is a joke that podcast guy fell for. Laughable, unlicensed theme, 100%.

His apparent credibility has been going down the tubes, so it wouldn’t surprise me. Guess that’s what happens when your “marketing” eventually gets exposed.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

His apparent credibility has been going down the tubes, so it wouldn’t surprise me. Guess that’s what happens when your “marketing” eventually gets exposed.

I removed it from my Podcast list, there is only so much of that I can listen to. Traffic on the drive to work is bad enough, don't need to add that.

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I removed it from my Podcast list, there is only so much of that I can listen to. Traffic on the drive to work is bad enough, don't need to add that.

I did weeks ago and it has changed my life and attitude. Listening to hate and tyrants over and over again while at work would put me in a bad mood. Never looking back. Especially coming from a guy in a closet with a microphone who really doesn't have a say.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I did weeks ago and it has changed my life and attitude. Listening to hate and tyrants over and over again while at work would put me in a bad mood. Never looking back. Especially coming from a guy in a closet with a microphone who really doesn't have a say.

I hear ya, I was listening to anything that had pinball as a topic but I'm removing it now one by one. Last one was pinball nerds I think. There was a guy here who flipped 2 days after the rick and Morty sale his spot for a $1000 profit and got called out for it. Was then whinging on the podcast about it and him and the host congratulating each other for what great guys they are for 10 minutes donating a 100 bucks. Proceeded then to s*** on somebody elses sales thread. Decided I don't need to listen to that either anymore.

I think I'm down to like 3 or 4 now. At this rate nothing is going to be left in a month, lol.

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Man, this is SO true. Listening To hateful talk -in general- just puts you in a bad mood. And we are inundated with it, on our phones, tv, radio. It is SO much better when you just turn it off.

2 months later
#162 4 years ago

HOT?

2E0772B2-6EAB-4BFA-8668-2D8F45F5E5B4 (resized).png2E0772B2-6EAB-4BFA-8668-2D8F45F5E5B4 (resized).png
#163 4 years ago

So its not Tesla then, sigh.

#164 4 years ago

worst kept secret in all of pinball

I hope they knock it out of the park!!

Still have a bucket full somewhere...

3 months later
#165 3 years ago

API just keeps getting better and better,
1) Houdini
2) Oktoberfest!
3) Hot Wheels
Such great and refreshing new and different themes, Games that get better and better, Tons of features.
So, what could be the NEXT game?
4) ?????

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#166 3 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

API just keeps getting better and better,
1) Houdini
2) Oktoberfest!
3) Hot Wheels
Such great and refreshing new and different themes, Games that get better and better, Tons of features.
So, what could be the NEXT game?
4) ?????[quoted image]

I agree. They just get better and better. And I feel that they’re using quality parts rather than the cheap stuff Stern uses. I’d like to see them do Robin Hood or Sherlock Holmes but they’ll probably go with another licensed theme...just so long as they keep original and unique.

#167 3 years ago

I'd buy Assasins Creed

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'd buy Assasins Creed

The art could be absolutely stunning if they did, would make a great theme.

#169 3 years ago

Never played the game, but read a couple of simple entertaining books and saw it at the cinema. Would make for great art as you say.

#170 3 years ago

The Witcher is the next LOTR

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I’d like to see them do Robin Hood or Sherlock Holmes but they’ll probably go with another licensed theme...just so long as they keep original and unique.

I think that these 2 themes could be super cool, especially Sherlock Holmes, but it doesn't look good for either one to happen. AP did have both of those trademarked at one time for pinball use, but a search a while back showed me that they have since abandoned both of them.

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

I think that these 2 themes could be super cool, especially Sherlock Holmes, but it doesn't look good for either one to happen. AP did have both of those trademarked at one time for pinball use, but a search a while back showed me that they have since abandoned both of them.

Any clue what they have trademarked now?

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Any clue what they have trademarked now?

I think the only current AP trademarks were for their company name and for Houdini. Robin Hood, Sherlock Holmes, Valkyries, Poker Run, and Oktoberfest have all been abandoned. So, it leads me to believe that they are going for licensed (already trademarked) games for now.

#174 3 years ago

After Hot Wheels, it is an interesting turn of events.

LTG : )

#175 3 years ago

Robin Hood or Sherlock Holmes

Nothing against those themes, but they’re terrible for pinball IMO. Hopefully Hot Wheels gives them some direction. Even a B or C grade license is good. But it’s got to have nostalgia, energy and credibility.

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

After Hot Wheels, it is an interesting turn of events.

Yes - Hot Wheels was a turn and probably a good one. Though I would like to see either a Sherlock Holmes or Robin Hood.
Could be the path has changed.
I have Houdini and enjoy it and am anxiously awaiting the Hot Wheels I have ordered.

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

interesting turn of events

Is this a cryptic clue LTG?

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is this a cryptic clue LTG?

No. Not at all.

Just commenting on the direction American Pinball is taking my dear Watson.

Disclaimer : I just did it again.

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Not at all.
Just commenting on the direction American Pinball is taking my dear Watson.
Disclaimer : I just did it again.

Elementary no doubt.

#180 3 years ago

Robin Hood doesn’t interest me, but with two super creative minds writing code, the innovations will be off the charts with Sherlock Holmes. You know, if it happens. Maybe. This is one of those non-theme themes that could be a home run

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Robin Hood doesn’t interest me, but with two super creative minds writing code, the innovations will be off the charts with Sherlock Holmes. You know, if it happens. Maybe. This is one of those non-theme themes that could be a home run

Sherlock Holmes could be amazing, Its been a long time since there was a 'who dunnit" type theme.

With the diversity of themes in the first three, I think it's apparant that what ever the 4th one is it will be fresh, exciting and arguably infuriating to those that expect the "status quo" of theme and playfield design. (and thats a good thing for pinball)

1_X9dBt1f0dP9SDr8z72smLA (resized).png1_X9dBt1f0dP9SDr8z72smLA (resized).png
#182 3 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Sherlock Holmes could be amazing, Its been a long time since there was a 'who dunnit" type theme.
With the diversity of themes in the first three, I think it's apparant that what ever the 4th one is it will be fresh, exciting and arguably infuriating to those that expect the "status quo" of theme and playfield design. (and thats a good thing for pinball)
[quoted image]

It’s true, every AP game has had some incredible gameplay innovation

#183 3 years ago

API, if you’re reading this...I’m all in on a Sherlock Holmes. I think it could be a BIG seller. Consider all the Holmes related TV shows and movies over the last decade. It’s a very popular title...especially with no license fee.

#184 3 years ago

Of the longer rumored titles, Sherlock Holmes would be the strongest one with me. But I was pleasantly surprised with Hot Wheels once revealed, so if there is a change in direction again for the next game by AP it will be interesting to see. I would say that AP has had the most different choice of subjects for pinball machines - and in a good way.

1 month later
#185 3 years ago

All three AP titles are in the top 100!
Congrats on quite an accomplishment for a young company.
Hot wheels already in top 20.
Oktoberfest deserves higher
Wow! No pressure on number 4

It's no 'Illusion' that AP is "Racing' to the top. "Prost!".

kisspng-hot-dog-hot-wheels-vienna-sausage-collecting-hot-weels-5b4fa02a196390.739001911531945002104 (resized).jpgkisspng-hot-dog-hot-wheels-vienna-sausage-collecting-hot-weels-5b4fa02a196390.739001911531945002104 (resized).jpg
#186 3 years ago

Really like my Hot Wheels. Whatever AP wants to make for game #4 is fine with me.

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

All three AP titles are in the top 100!
Congrats on quite an accomplishment for a young company.
Hot wheels already in top 20.
Oktoberfest deserves higher
Wow! No pressure on number 4
It's no 'Illusion' that AP is "Racing' to the top. "Prost!".[quoted image]

I agree. AP games are top quality and sturdily built. I want to play a Hot Wheels, but the theme isn’t one I’d be interested in buying. I’ve got a limited amount of space available and am hoping the next AP game is of a theme that interests me. I own a Houdini and would love to get another AP game if the theme turns me on.

#188 3 years ago

I agree. AP games are top quality and sturdily built. I want to play a Hot Wheels, but the theme isn’t one I’d be interested in buying. I’ve got a limited amount of space available and am hoping the next AP game is of a theme that interests me. I own a Houdini and would love to get another AP game if the theme turns me on.

Thank you for owning a Houdini. Appreciate the support.

As far as I know, the closest Hot Wheels to you to play on location is at District Eat & Play in Oviedo, FL 32765, which looks to be just under two hours from St. Petersburg.

I hope you get the chance to play a Hot Wheels at some point. You just miiiiight get over the theme.

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

As far as I know, the closest Hot Wheels to you to play on location is at District Eat & Play in Oviedo, FL 32765, which looks to be just under two hours from St. Petersburg.
I hope you get the chance to play a Hot Wheels at some point. You just miiiiight get over the theme.

Thanks for letting me know. Someone at my favorite arcade told me about that one. I’m sure I’ll make a trip out there in the near future. BTW, I’m trying to convince the owner of said arcade to put a Hot Wheels in his line-up. I think he’s leaning toward it. Much love to AP. You guys are awesome.

#190 3 years ago

I played Hot Wheels last week. It’s a real fun game. Thanks American Pinball. Job well done.

2 weeks later
#191 3 years ago

What and when are the rumors for game #4 ?

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Please allow me.

Sherlock Holmes for the win.

#193 3 years ago

I was thinking that before Hot Wheels. Have been so happy with my Hot Wheels I'd be alright with being fooled again.

Sherlock Holmes could be very good but I wonder if there is another twist in flavor or variety again. When will we see or hear new hints ?

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please allow me.

as Lloyd said...

Quoted from NoQuarters:

IT'S Elementary my Dear Watson!
If so, I'm IN!

#195 3 years ago

the criticism in this thread did not age very well. hotwheels is a very good pin. take it for a drive and see for yourselves.

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please allow me.

I hope so. I'm all in on that game from AP. It'd look great sitting beside my Houdini.

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please allow me.

Gotta be right eventually Lloyd.

#198 3 years ago

If Sherlock Holmes, please be Rathbone/Bruce!

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#199 3 years ago
Quoted from mkk629:

If Sherlock Holmes, please be Rathbone/Bruce!

Sherlock VS Moriarty. At the start you get to be the good guy or the bad guy.

#200 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

I just visited Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas. I didn't see any machines by American Pinball. This place seems like it would be a great location to Give/Loan a few games to enable players from all over to sample.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, ME
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 6,995.00
$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,495.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,660 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.