IMG_1667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 94.
#1901 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

What’s AP’s usual timeline from reveal to sales?

I waited nearly a year for my LOV. Finally, after hearing nothing from the distributor I bought one from a fellow Pinsider. I’m not sure how they’ll handle the next release, but I hope they’ll have games ready to ship shortly after the reveal. Otherwise it seems like a missed opportunity not to capitalize on the momentum a release generates.

#1902 1 year ago

I remember there was some scuttlebutt about a possible Sherlock Holmes pin by American Pinball. I saw that the few books by Conan Doyle that weren't already in the public domain go public domain at the start of next year. That makes Holmes a fully fair use character for anyone who wants a recognizable theme without the licensing costs or approvals process.

#1903 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I remember there was some scuttlebutt about a possible Sherlock Holmes pin by American Pinball. I saw that the few books by Conan Doyle that weren't already in the public domain go public domain at the start of next year. That makes Holmes a fully fair use character for anyone who wants a recognizable theme without the licensing costs or approvals process.

I hope this theme is still alive.

#1904 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’ve been wanting a Sherlock Holmes from AP from the moment I first heard they were planning it. But that was a Balcer game and since he left I believe the company has gone in a different direction. My understanding is that they are no longer considering a Sherlock pin, much to my disappointment. But…hey…I’m still excited about their other rumored offerings.

#1905 1 year ago

Maybe they felt Sherlock was too similar to Scooby with both being about solving mysteries.

#1906 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Maybe they felt Sherlock was too similar to Scooby with both being about solving mysteries.

My guess would be that they thought it was too similar to Houdini, being set in the same time period, etc.

#1907 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It is great. I have gone on record to say it is one of the most underrated games in all of pinball.

After I sold my first Houdini 18 months ago, it has grown on me when I see it, fueled by the fans online and their observations. That said, I missed a lost-and-found at the factory NIB last xmas, so I had to place a reservation for a NIB Houdini this past spring. There really is something about Houdini for anyone with an affinity to the theme...

#1908 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I’ve been wanting a Sherlock Holmes from AP from the moment I first heard they were planning it. But that was a Balcer game and since he left I believe the company has gone in a different direction. My understanding is that they are no longer considering a Sherlock pin, much to my disappointment. But…hey…I’m still excited about their other rumored offerings.

That's a good point. I think Sherlock is a solid theme for a good ruleset. Not that I have anything against the retro-futuristic Galactic Tank Force theme.

Quoted from dboeren:

They were kicking this idea around 2 years ago. I even suggested solving mysteries is a good code idea, but go get Scooby Doo as a license for that type of game. (I'm glad Scooby is getting made, though I'm a bit hesitant based off Spooky's track record)

#1909 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

(I'm glad Scooby is getting made, though I'm a bit hesitant based off Spooky's track record)

I know what you mean, but I’m in on a Scooby and I’m confident it will not disappoint. I’ve had an ACNC in my collection now for over two years and had zero problems with it. Spooky definitely doesn’t have AP’s build quality, but I’m still pleased with them. Of course, my games aren’t getting beaten up on location. Basically it’s just me and my wife who play them, with occasional visits from friends and family. So for my purposes, I think Scooby will be ideal. We’ll see.

#1910 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I know what you mean, but I’m in on a Scooby and I’m confident it will not disappoint. I’ve had an ACNC in my collection now for over two years and had zero problems with it. Spooky definitely doesn’t have AP’s build quality, but I’m still pleased with them. Of course, my games aren’t getting beaten up on location. Basically it’s just me and my wife who play them, with occasional visits from friends and family. So for my purposes, I think Scooby will be ideal. We’ll see.

Some of it is build quality. But more so I need to see their coding team make huge strides.

I don't like all of AP games, but their code creativity is top-notch.

#1911 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

What’s AP’s usual timeline from reveal to sales?

At this point I don't think their past is any indication of what we can expect now, new guy running the show with really only the LOV track-record to go off of. Since that game wasn't designed in-house it may not be indicative of what they'll do with their next game either.

#1912 1 year ago

It seemed like the Hot Wheels launch was going to be great till that whole Covid thing threw a wrench in their marketing plans of hitting major pinball shows and touring with the Hot Wheels Legends roadshow. I think it shipped within a month or so of reveal? (They also had gameplay stream ready within days, take note most other manufacturers)

#1913 1 year ago

For the LoV launch they had games in 10 arcades to play when the order line opened up. They also had a Magazine released on the making of the game that same day. It was quite a launch. Hope they continue this approach!

Quoted from TreyBo69:

It seemed like the Hot Wheels launch was going to be great till that whole Covid thing threw a wrench in their marketing plans of hitting major pinball shows and touring with the Hot Wheels Legends roadshow. I think it shipped within a month or so of reveal? (They also had gameplay stream ready within days, take note most other manufacturers)

#1914 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

For the LoV launch they had games in 10 arcades to play when the order line opened up. They also had a Magazine released on the making of the game that same day. It was quite a launch. Hope they continue this approach!

After that though, they TRICKLED out. Like slower than any other company. Appears they had supply chain issues to the max.

Hopefully they find a hot title and can crank them out.

#1915 1 year ago

Let's not forget about Sonic Spinball

#1916 1 year ago

If they could figure out a way to get that license and make it, that will create the buzz they need imo.

2 weeks later
#1917 1 year ago

I just hope they announce something at TPF. If they are only putting out 1 game a year if that it is not looking good for them

#1918 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I just hope they announce something at TPF. If they are only putting out 1 game a year if that it is not looking good for them

Putting out one per year would be an increase from 2022.

#1919 1 year ago

Are they shipping ANY machines of any title these days? I see a bunch of 'in stock' Legends machines on the marketplace, so those must have been produced recently. A new title just makes the parts acquisition challenge even harder for them.

Ugg

#1920 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Are they shipping ANY machines of any title these days? I see a bunch of 'in stock' Legends machines on the marketplace, so those must have been produced recently. A new title just makes the parts acquisition challenge even harder for them.
Ugg

I just got Oktoberfest Deluxe nib last week, so I think those are still on the line.

#1921 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Let's not forget about Sonic Spinball

I herd they are not doing that any more. Someone bought the rights for Sonic from out under American.

#1922 1 year ago

Fingers crossed here too, I'm really hoping they will have multiple copies of Galactic Tank Force for people to play at TPF and give impressions on as well as starting to take orders on them. I'm also curious about the two other rumored games - Barry Oursler's last game and the supposed "White Water sequel" from Dennis Nordman.

#1923 1 year ago

I'm losing faith that AP is doing anything. Tough to get replies on emails about game issues. Itll be interesting if they bring anything new to TPF.

#1924 1 year ago

If you have issues with an American Pinball game and need help, if you haven't already done so, please fill out the form here:

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

That creates a ticket in the system to help track your problem.

Thanks!

#1925 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Fingers crossed here too, I'm really hoping they will have multiple copies of Galactic Tank Force for people to play at TPF and give impressions on as well as starting to take orders on them. I'm also curious about the two other rumored games - Barry Oursler's last game and the supposed "White Water sequel" from Dennis Nordman.

If they don't reveal GTF at TPF then will we be saying "WTF"?

Later,
EV

#1926 1 year ago

I've seen at least one disti with OKT Deluxe in stock.

Quoted from EchoVictor:

If they don't reveal GTF at TPF then will we be saying "WTF"?
Later,
EV

Hopefully we're not saying that AFTER they reveal GTF!

2 weeks later
#1927 1 year ago

American needs to really ramp up production and get some games out. Spooky is giving them a run for their money. I think for them to keep up they need to do what the other companies are doing and release 1-2 games a year. If they can not do that people will lose interest and American Pinball as a company will dissolve which would be sad

#1928 1 year ago

None of that makes any sense to me.

#1929 1 year ago

American pinball makes other arcade games that can keep the business up, but it would be nice to get their new original game soon.

#1930 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

American needs to really ramp up production and get some games out. Spooky is giving them a run for their money. I think for them to keep up they need to do what the other companies are doing and release 1-2 games a year. If they can not do that people will lose interest and American Pinball as a company will dissolve which would be sad

They are still pumping out there other titles, its not like the line is dead. Yea an announcement will be nice and Im sure its coming, but i dont see AP going out of business.

#1931 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

...people will lose interest and American Pinball as a company will dissolve

I'll offer a slightly different theory, based on trying to figure out the stability of the company/theoretical future parts availability when starting to research for my Oktoberfest purchase: this company possibly falls somewhere between a 'vanity project', parking of assets for tax purposes, or a simple business diversification strategy. If any/all of those are true, then it explains why AP is happy cranking out a slower pace of games than other manufacturers, and why growth through speed of releases and market share might not be a priority.

#1932 1 year ago

I also heard sourcing cabinets is a problem and maybe finding a new supplier was necessary.

#1933 1 year ago

Lets hope all goes well with them. I wish them the best.

I owned a Hot Wheels and loved it. I'm newer to the hobby with a small collection and mix my machines up frequently. I loved the build quality of my Hot Wheels and wouldn't mind owning another american game if it fits the family.

#1934 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

American pinball makes other arcade games that can keep the business up, but it would be nice to get their new original game soon.

I don't think A.P. makes any other arcade games, they did the one redemption game "The Flying Dutchman" but I'm not sure how many of those they ever even sold. Their parent company Aimtron makes a LOT of stuff include boards for just about any application you can imagine. American Pinball is a wholly-owned subsidiary that has to support their own financials, etc.

#1935 1 year ago

The redemption game must be what I’m thinking of. I also thought there were more.

#1936 1 year ago

#1937 1 year ago

If they don't reveal a new game at/by TPF, I'll post the account from an alleged former employee that was shared with me last August.

#1938 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

If they don't reveal a new game at/by TPF I'll post the account from an alleged former employee that was shared with me last August.

Jesus.

#1939 1 year ago

I don't think he ever worked there but maybe he was there when they managed to design and build Houdini in one year as a startup company.

#1940 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't think he ever worked there but maybe he was there when they managed to design and build Houdini in one year as a startup company.

ahhhh

sigh-jesus.gifsigh-jesus.gif

#1941 1 year ago

I'd love to consider an American Pinball for my collection, but it's so hard to find one in the wild to try out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Galactic Tank Force to be revealed at Texas Pinball and whatever Nordman's next pin is to be awesome too, but ultimately I still need to actually PLAY it before I can think about buying it which either means getting lucky finding one close enough to play or going to a pinball show that American will have machines at. It also requires me keeping room and budget open until I can find one rather than buying something else first.

American - are you guys going to be at Southern Fried Game Expo this year?

#1942 1 year ago

Wish AP would do something. I feel like there's a void in the market that they can capitalize on

#1943 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I'd love to consider an American Pinball for my collection, but it's so hard to find one in the wild to try out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Galactic Tank Force to be revealed at Texas Pinball and whatever Nordman's next pin is to be awesome too, but ultimately I still need to actually PLAY it before I can think about buying it which either means getting lucky finding one close enough to play or going to a pinball show that American will have machines at. It also requires me keeping room and budget open until I can find one rather than buying something else first.
American - are you guys going to be at Southern Fried Game Expo this year?

I enjoy my Hot Wheels. Quality is great. Now my understanding is recent changes to their naming structure and builds have stripped some of the higher end options out. Number of speakers, shaker, knocker, magic glass, etc. If there’s a title you want to take a fly on, buy one from early 2022 or before. Some cabinets used to have 4 (maybe 5) speakers and a sub, now they’re shipping with 2. Use the pinmap and try to find some on route. Otherwise ask another pinsider if you can try theirs. Admittedly, their marketing really seems terrible I don’t know how people not deep into the hobby are supposed to find out about them. When operators don’t place them in high traffic locations there’s no passive advertising either. To a casual player, API games don’t exist.

#1944 1 year ago

So American is putting in less components yet charging the same price?

#1945 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

So American is putting in less components yet charging the same price?

No. You are thinking about Stern.

#1946 1 year ago

Is there any other company that turned down the mrsp because of less features ?
They reduced it for hot wheels.
The one thing i don't like is that outstanding people leave the company, again and again.

1 week later
#1947 1 year ago

Is it too late to change Galactic Tank Force to Galactic Tank Force Omega?

I just want the game initials to be GTFO

<3

#1948 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is it too late to change Galactic Tank Force to Galactic Tank Force Omega?
I just want the game initials to be GTFO
<3

Good one!

#1949 1 year ago

Galactic Tank FOrce
It can be Gtfo if you see it as GTFO.

#1950 1 year ago

This I think will be the game of the year I’m dying to see Dennis Nordmans and teams creation; last game he did was Elvira house of horrors too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 6,995.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/39?hl=justjared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.