IMG_1667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 94.
#1601 1 year ago

I would like to hear everyone’s thoughts regarding bringing back video modes so I created a new topic with a poll.

Feel free to check it out and leave a comment.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-mode-yes-or-no#post-7140816

#1602 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

According to the flyer, there will be a sneak peek at APs new game at the cointaker super awesome tailgate party on 9/24. Looking forward to it!

Is this the game Barry just finished before his untimely passing?

#1603 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is this the game Barry just finished before his untimely passing?

No it's a Dennis Nordman original theme and one he had "in his pocket" when he came to AP, it was not designed while he was at Deeprot either so let's not go there. I'm pretty sure the story from the Super Awesome Podcast is that Franchi did the art for it but it's hard to keep track of all the stories and rumors over such a long period of time, hard to believe it's been 2.5 years since Hot Wheels was released.

#1604 1 year ago

I dearly love my Hot Wheels. Does anyone have the design and development backstory on it? I bought mine bc of theme and trust for API quality but I’d love to know more about how it came to be and who was involved. Thanks!

#1605 1 year ago

I really feel it's time for AP to go all in on a major licensed theme that creates FOMO
Seems like time may be running out with the way the economy is going.
I have liked their games, but have yet felt compelled to buy one.

#1606 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

This HW is only 1:50 away from you and for $6,000 or less totally worth having at home for awhile. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/142452

#1607 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

This HW is only 1:50 away from you and for $6,000 or less totally worth having at home for awhile. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/142452

0 desire to own that machine regardless of price

#1608 1 year ago

Thats the same way I feel about Spooky pinball.

#1609 1 year ago

0 desire to own that machine regardless of price

You’re fun at parties I’m sure.

#1610 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

You’re fun at parties I’m sure.

not at all

Quoted from pfinny:

Thats the same way I feel about Spooky pinball.

I understand the POV

#1611 1 year ago

I really feel it's time for AP to go all in on a major licensed theme that creates FOMO

You are missing out. Home environment with Houdini, Oktoberfest and LOV has been amazing. I can't wait for their next title.

20220223_210414 (resized).jpg20220223_210414 (resized).jpg
#1612 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

You are missing out. Home environment with Houdini, Oktoberfest and LOV has been amazing. I can't wait for their next title. [quoted image]

That’s awesome!

#1613 1 year ago

I agree with this but is appears they also need to get some things figured out about how to get a game developed and actually built a little faster than they are now. It's clearly not the same company / people who got Houdini out in a year.

#1614 1 year ago

Can you imagine how the new Bond game would have looked with Franchi on art? I hope this next space tank force game has tons of metallic flecks, like the wonka playfield or a backglass that reminds me of those mirrors from carnivals in the 70's. A fleck cabinet instead of butter! I only wish, they used it in the bumper cars on Oktoberfest.

#1615 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I agree with this but is appears they also need to get some things figured out about how to getting a game developed and actually built a little faster than they are now. It's clearly not the same company / people who got Houdini out in a year.

Well, it’s been 11 months since AP announced LOV and a distributor recently told me they’re nearing the end of the LOV Deluxe run. They’re about to announce the Nordman game while also beginning the run of LOV Classic. And all this during the supply chain problems. So I don’t think they’re operating less efficiently than they had been previously.

#1616 1 year ago

Hyped to see this new game. FRANCHI OR BUST!! Woooooo

#1617 1 year ago

If it's really a Nordman game it's gonna be tough for me to resist. Between Whitewater, Scared Stiff and EHOH he makes some of my favorite games for pure fun. Raaaaaaammmmppps!

#1618 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

You are missing out. Home environment with Houdini, Oktoberfest and LOV has been amazing. I can't wait for their next title. [quoted image]

Possibly, but I only have room for 5 games and the ones I have satisfy my pinball craving very well.

#1619 1 year ago

Possibly, but I only have room for 5 games and the ones I have satisfy my pinball craving very well.

So its not that you have felt complelled to buy one, you just havent been compelled to sell first!

You could have said you dont have room in the first place

#1620 1 year ago

When people see Chris’s art for this they are to go crazy in a good way; it’s EPIC

#1621 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

When people see Chris’s art for this they are to go crazy in a good way; it’s EPIC

Space tanks or something else?

#1622 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

If it's really a Nordman game it's gonna be tough for me to resist. Between Whitewater, Scared Stiff and EHOH he makes some of my favorite games for pure fun. Raaaaaaammmmppps!

The original ramps for EHOH where alot more elaborate than what Stern eventually put in the game. Hopefully AP allow Dennis to go ramp crazy so we can get some more classic Nordman style ramps.

#1623 1 year ago

at least AP now knows they can limit production to 500 deluxe, with no lesser model, and then simply charge whatever they want.

richie rich (resized).pngrichie rich (resized).png
#1624 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

at least AP now knows they can limit production to 500 deluxe, with no lesser model, and then simply charge whatever they want.[quoted image]

As they should. It is their company. If more people want a particular model, make them.

#1625 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

at least AP now knows they can limit production to 500 deluxe, with no lesser model, and then simply charge whatever they want.[quoted image]

I don't know about that, don't confuse this with Bond or Godzilla or some other big licensed game. Pinsiders are big on asking for original themes but go very quiet with their dollars when someone makes one.

#1627 1 year ago

I want AP to succeed so badly, just need something to grab me!

#1628 1 year ago

I hadn't seen this so thanks for sharing. The fact they backed out of sneak-peeking the game at the event doesn't bode well for them having this ready to show at Expo next month.

#1630 1 year ago

I noticed earlier that the FB post that Knapp referenced / screenshot was already removed, now Jason's post is gone from his website too. People were hit with a C&D, threatened with one or maybe just asked nicely to take them down. Now I wish I would have saved the picture, though it really didn't show that much anyway and it was grainy. The secret is pretty much out of the bag that the game is going to be Galactic Tank Battle and I'm really looking forward to seeing it!

#1631 1 year ago

I love pinball, but some of the companies are waaaaay too touchy about what gets shared and we don't have journalism, just access. No real reason Knapp should have to take that down other than worrying about not getting info on something else next time - bummer.

#1632 1 year ago

You can see it here

https://twitter.com/slipstreampin/status/1574192782670979074?s=21&t=IjD62opUM_sj5ZRmyYf3Nw

Quoted from bobukcat:

I noticed earlier that the FB post that Knapp referenced / screenshot was already removed, now Jason's post is gone from his website too. People were hit with a C&D, threatened with one or maybe just asked nicely to take them down. Now I wish I would have saved the picture, though it really didn't show that much anyway and it was grainy. The secret is pretty much out of the bag that the game is going to be Galactic Tank Battle and I'm really looking forward to seeing it!

#1633 1 year ago

Would have looked like this…

Quoted from Viggin900:

Can you imagine how the new Bond game would have looked with Franchi on art? I hope this next space tank force game has tons of metallic flecks, like the wonka playfield or a backglass that reminds me of those mirrors from carnivals in the 70's. A fleck cabinet instead of butter! I only wish, they used it in the bumper cars on Oktoberfest.

D2786765-C371-45D8-A25F-44D8B16A3F8A (resized).jpegD2786765-C371-45D8-A25F-44D8B16A3F8A (resized).jpeg
#1634 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

My assumption is someone from AP nicely asked for it to be taken down.

#1635 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:My assumption is someone from AP nicely asked for it to be taken down.

You mean reasonable people talking sense to responsible humans?

NotGunnamakeThatIntoATvShowPunkin

#1637 1 year ago

A blurry photo of an enlarged printout of a speaker panel is not representative of what we saw at the show. The artwork is cool, colorful, retro and futuristic all at the same time.

hope the art improves .......

#1638 1 year ago

"Galactic Tank Force" -- I'm all for unique themes like Legends of Valhalla, but can't say I'm too revved up over that.

#1639 1 year ago

The name is terrible, but campy sci-fi 50s is a fun pinball idea.

Franchi's good artwork, American Pinball's solid build quality, and a proven designer. Solid recipe. Interested to see what sort of ideas Steve Bowden has for rules and game design.

#1640 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

"Galactic Tank Force" -- I'm all for unique themes like Legends of Valhalla, but can't say I'm too revved up over that.

I am. Sounds retro like something from the 80’s. Hell if Hot Wheels wasn’t a brand it would sound just as cheesy. I’m totally looking looking for some non branded past, present, and future themed layout. Kinda like if TNA and Stern had a baby…

#1641 1 year ago

The artwork is cool, colorful, retro and futuristic all at the same time.

Gives me a “Fallout” the video game vibe.

#1642 1 year ago

A blurry photo of an enlarged printout of a speaker panel is not representative of what we saw at the show. The artwork is cool, colorful, retro and futuristic all at the same time.

I'm confused though. AP doesn't use a screen between speakers like Stern do?

#1643 1 year ago

Maybe the next one does

Quoted from WODKA:

I'm confused though. AP doesn't use a screen between speakers like Stern do?

#1644 1 year ago

The internet is forever.

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 2.39.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-26 at 2.39.39 PM (resized).png

#1645 1 year ago

AP just announce! I’ve got cash parked that I’m fortunately/unfortunately about to spend. I found a good deal on a used dream machine but If I had a reason to hold out for API, I would.

#1646 1 year ago

Dear Fixx,
If you release this game this year you most likely will have "Best Artwork" award for 2022 in the bag. Do not delay.

#1647 1 year ago

Will be interesting to see if they can rush job it in time for Expo. But if it can't be actually ready—even if it "should" have been able to be—better to further delay than embarrass.

#1648 1 year ago

Galactic tank Force, or GTFO looks/ sounds like a throwback to great themes. The licensed games are a big draw, but I always feel like things are missing due to licensing constraints. Possibilities are endless with unlicensed games.

#1649 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Galactic tank Force, or GTFO looks/ sounds like a throwback to great themes. The licensed games are a big draw, but I always feel like things are missing due to licensing constraints. Possibilities are endless with unlicensed games.

I agree. Put that licensing money right into the game.

#1650 1 year ago

I can't wait to be able to play me some GTFO. See if it lives up to the hype in my head

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, ME
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.