IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
biff (resized).jpg
IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,656 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 94.
#1501 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizkid93:

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/trademark-search-reveals-american-pinball-s-next-theme
From Knapp arcade
It's seems we might be getting a space themed machine, and let me tell you, I like the sound of that.
Although, truth be told, bit saddened over the loss of Sherlock Holmes, hope that's a game we can sometime see.
Thanks to Knapp Arcade, what do you guys think about a space game? I think a space themed game is way overdue (if we're talking originals) and the possibilities have me excited.
[quoted image]

I like the originality…something I’ve always appreciated about AP…but I’m underwhelmed by the sound of the theme. Like you, I’m disappointed that they’ve abandoned Sherlock Holmes. I was excited about those possibilities. But I will reserve my judgment on this pin until I see it and, hopefully, get to play it. Whatever the theme is, I’m sure AP will do a great job with it. It just might not be something I’d be interested in.

#1502 1 year ago

I’m intrigued. Nordman. Unlicensed. Sci fi with tanks or stars…TBD. API ain’t afraid to go for it instead of pulling a crappy license. And their tech support will be top nachos…

#1504 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I like the originality…something I’ve always appreciated about AP…but I’m underwhelmed by the sound of the theme. Like you, I’m disappointed that they’ve abandoned Sherlock Holmes. I was excited about those possibilities. But I will reserve my judgment on this pin until I see it and, hopefully, get to play it. Whatever the theme is, I’m sure AP will do a great job with it. It just might not be something I’d be interested in.

Josh was the one very passionate about Sherlock Holmes so with him gone I'm not surprised to hear they have let that one go.

#1505 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Josh was the one very passionate about Sherlock Holmes so with him gone I'm not surprised to hear they have let that one go.

Josh brought a lot of passion to all his games. Just look at the mod he just made for Oktoberfest!. I believe his leaving will be felt for awhile.

#1506 1 year ago

I hope Rosh isn't deterred from making games, tbh when I heard he left, it was a sad thing, I hope he'll be on a game wherever in no time, his work is really good and very well appreciated.

#1507 1 year ago

Why does American Pinball register a trademark for a name that isn't the final name of the pinball machine?

#1508 1 year ago
Quoted from denoument:

Why does American Pinball register a trademark for a name that isn't the final name of the pinball machine?

Tax write off. Have fun with people trying to figure the next game. Maybe plans changed and another title was selected.

Or just for the heck of it.

LTG : )

#1509 1 year ago

How do I become American Pinball?

#1510 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

?

#1511 1 year ago

Have a buncha money, wear a weird hat and make odd business decisions in regards to viable pinball themes.

Quoted from ticktockman:

#1512 1 year ago

If its a space theme it is very likely the Oursler designed game to finish the trio like roller coasters.

#1513 1 year ago

I dunno about this one...

#1514 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Have a buncha money, wear a weird hat and make odd business decisions in regards to viable pinball themes.

I feel the games are pretty good and at the price point d*** good. Service is on par w spooky for sure.

#1515 1 year ago

They just havnt put out anything I’ve wanted to buy…yet.

Quoted from Roostking:

I feel the games are pretty good and at the price point d*** good. Service is on par w spooky for sure.

#1516 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

They just havnt put out anything I’ve wanted to buy…yet.

Im not a Hot Wheels collector, but ive been around it and love hot rods, so I do like that theme. I havent been able to play really any other AP pin, other than Oktoberfest at a show when it was first released. It didnt seem setup right and was very floaty. I was waiting to see what came after Hot Wheels and possibly was gonna be one of their customers and then Halloween was announced and that was that for now. Spooky and AP are really the only companies I consider although Keith Elwin games would definitely drive me to Stern at this point lol.

Definitely a fan of AP and looking forward to future success and the pins they release.

#1517 1 year ago

Thank you for your support, we appreciate it!

KME makes some excellent games, no question. Great hire by Stern.

#1518 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizkid93:

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/trademark-search-reveals-american-pinball-s-next-theme
From Knapp arcade
It's seems we might be getting a space themed machine, and let me tell you, I like the sound of that.
Although, truth be told, bit saddened over the loss of Sherlock Holmes, hope that's a game we can sometime see.
Thanks to Knapp Arcade, what do you guys think about a space game? I think a space themed game is way overdue (if we're talking originals) and the possibilities have me excited.
[quoted image]

If the space theme is their own design that could be very cool. I would hope it would be all their own designs and not use a bunch of NASA stuff

#1519 1 year ago

So…is the next AP Barry Ousler’s posthumous game? He had nearly finished a game before he passed. RIP.

#1520 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So…is the next AP Barry Ousler’s posthumous game? He had nearly finished a game before he passed. RIP.

According to that one podcast where they interviewed the people at AP (can't remember the name) the entire machine design was finished, and Barry was then brainstorming a second machine for AP and discussing it with the director of AP 3 days before he passed.

#1521 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You should listen to David Fix and Ryan McQuad interview on last week's super-awesome pinball show podcast, lots of information without revealing all the details, of course. But the next game is a Dennis Nordman design, they won't say if it's licensed or not but should be released by / around the time of Expo. Ryan is doing work on finishing the game Barry designed for them and it is scheduled to be released next year.

#1522 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

You should listen to David Fix and Ryan McQuad interview on last week's super-awesome pinball show podcast, lots of information without revealing all the details, of course. But the next game is a Dennis Nordman design, they won't say if it's licensed or not but should be released by / around the time of Expo. Ryan is doing work on finishing the game Barry designed for them and it is scheduled to be released next year

Yes. And it seems pretty clear that the theme is not licensed. It’s some science fiction outter space theme and seems to be one of the titles/themes that AP just trademarked.

But how killer will the art be? And will it be stars or tanks…I don’t know! Could the tanks be outter space rafts as a sci fi white water 2.0? We shall find out at expo…

#1523 1 year ago

Whatever it is, I think its an exciting time for AP and AP fans!

#1524 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Yes. And it seems pretty clear that the theme is not licensed. It’s some science fiction outter space theme and seems to be one of the titles/themes that AP just trademarked.
But how killer will the art be? And will it be stars or tanks…I don’t know! Could the tanks be outter space rafts as a sci fi white water 2.0? We shall find out at expo…

Is it RAZA?

#1525 1 year ago

That game should be like Voldemort and never be mentioned again!

1 week later
#1526 1 year ago

API should capitalize on their Hot Wheels licensing win and go after the Lego I.P. and make a “Lego Movie” pin. Collect pieces to build kits to fight bosses. Theme writes itself into the code. Collecting minifigs could work like cars in Hot Wheels. What do you think McSquid Ferret

#1527 1 year ago

Can't we have games pitched at grown ups? Something that's not from peoples childhoods?

I don't get the nostalgia/pinball thing.

But i'm easy pleased, i'm not theme conscious really, i'm into theme integration in pinball, don't really care what the theme is so long as it leads me into a story that i'm invested in.

#1528 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

API should capitalize on their Hot Wheels licensing win and go after the Lego I.P. and make a “Lego Movie” pin. Collect pieces to build kits to fight bosses. Theme writes itself into the code. Collecting minifigs could work like cars in Hot Wheels. What do you think McSquid Ferret

Lego Movie would be a near insta-buy for me. Super funny and engaging for both kids and adults - could be a lot of fun but also not the most current IP, so not sure if they would pursue it.

I would love for a company to be like, "Hey, we're considering these 5 licenses - we have the rights to all of them and want the players to decide what we build." Then let people vote. Total pipe dream but would be so fun.

#1529 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Lego Movie would be a near insta-buy for me. Super funny and engaging for both kids and adults - could be a lot of fun but also not the most current IP,

Exactly why they should! Great for all ages. Mass appeal. Maybe an easier license to get bc it’s not the current movie. Have you looked at the collector market for Lego lately? Prices are stratospheric for old kits and out of print modern ones too.

#1530 1 year ago

I'm interested to see what's next, based on rumors in current podcasts. I have never owned an AP game but I do seek them out on location.

#1531 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Lego Movie would be a near insta-buy for me. Super funny and engaging for both kids and adults - could be a lot of fun but also not the most current IP, so not sure if they would pursue it.
I would love for a company to be like, "Hey, we're considering these 5 licenses - we have the rights to all of them and want the players to decide what we build." Then let people vote. Total pipe dream but would be so fun.

It would need Will Arnett doing callouts.

#1532 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I wanted to see Sherlock Homes made. Pretty certain I'd have been in for one right out of the gate.

#1533 1 year ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I wanted to see Sherlock Homes made. Pretty certain I'd have been in for one right out of the gate.

Totally agree, plus would compliment my Houdini nicely….

#1534 1 year ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I wanted to see Sherlock Homes made

Of all the titles mentioned that AP may do this was my fav

#1535 1 year ago

Yup. I’m disappointed there won’t be a Sherlock too. Seems like a big missed opportunity

#1536 1 year ago

No hints from Steve Bowden at today's seminar at Cal extreme show in Santa Clara.
He did say game 5 is coming!
I think we will be seeing this at Expo in Chicago!

#1537 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

No hints from Steve Bowden at today's seminar at Cal extreme show in Santa Clara.
He did say game 5 is coming!
I think we will be seeing this at Expo in Chicago!

I just looked up when that Expo is in Chicago. Its in October I sure hope its announced sooner. I think you would want to release info in September. That way you can build hype. Show some game play videos and get people excited. Then you can have things ready to start shipping out to distributors for the holiday season.

#1538 1 year ago

There is supposed to be a "new pinball sneak preview" at Cointaker's Super Awesome Tailgate Party on Sept 24th. At least that's a little earlier.

#1539 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Their silence is deafening. Legal team says: “We cannot comment on any future titles and whether or not they’ve been discussed internally.” Also Joe and Ryan... “Crap that’s a really good idea. Quick make some calls.”

#1540 1 year ago

Silence shouldn’t be deafening… I don’t believe any of the pinball companies discuss publicly their future titles, or themes they’ve considered/are pursuing/rejected/whatever. Standard business practice.

#1541 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Silence shouldn’t be deafening… I don’t believe any of the pinball companies discuss publicly their future titles, or themes they’ve considered/are pursuing/rejected/whatever. Standard business practice.

I know just squeezing my thumbs hoping for something awesome like that to happen! Like tonight, I got my first billion+ score on Hot Wheels!!! Achieved Rip Rod, Sharkruiser, and Twin Mill. Also defeated the cobras and timed out T-rex. Lit epic pops and loops. All the best to you and the team Joe! Thanks for a fun evening.

3364C635-5C64-4CBD-A1B0-DF8EFD387F6A (resized).jpeg3364C635-5C64-4CBD-A1B0-DF8EFD387F6A (resized).jpegCCA58037-EED0-4F55-910B-780AE2414FEC (resized).jpegCCA58037-EED0-4F55-910B-780AE2414FEC (resized).jpeg

#1542 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I know just squeezing my thumbs hoping for something awesome like that to happen! Like tonight, I got my first billion+ score on Hot Wheels!!! Achieved Rip Rod, Sharkruiser, and Twin Mill. Also defeated the cobras and timed out T-rex. Lit epic pops and loops. All the best to you and the team Joe! Thanks for a fun evening.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#1543 1 year ago

Congrats on the billion! Keep it coming... next stop: Hot Wheels Legend!

1 week later
#1545 1 year ago

Very nice! I hope my Ocktoberfest comes with them. I guess I will have had either really good timing, or really bad timing.

#1546 1 year ago

If they announce the newest AP game at Expo which is most likely, it has been 2 years and 7 months since Hot Wheels was unveiled by the American Pinball team! Stern has announced 8 games since then. Let's pick up the pace here a bit pretty please.

#1547 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

If they announce the newest AP game at Expo which is most likely, it has been 2 years and 7 months since Hot Wheels was unveiled by the American Pinball team! Stern has announced 8 games since then. Let's pick up the pace here a bit pretty please.

Legends of Valhalla is there last game.
Released July of last year.

#1548 1 year ago

Now you've done it. Facts. No one likes facts.

And pretty please AP, don't copy Stern.

CeptMePunkin

#1549 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Legends of Valhalla is there last game.
Released July of last year.

I'll take Facts for $500. How about it really being announced Oct 2021!!

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/10/23/legends-of-valhalla-revealed/

#1550 1 year ago

So still not 2 years 7 months?

Not even 1 year?

And they're games that are built a level above Stern and are worth waiting for? And how many presents do we really need to buy ourselves a year?

One birthday, one xmas, one daddy's day.....

5 or 6 pinball companies...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 8,495.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,656 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.