IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
biff (resized).jpg
There are 4,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 94.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Why is there a trademark indication on "The Flying Dutchman"?

It is trademark for a redemption game named "The Flying Dutchman"

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

It is trademark for a redemption game named "The Flying Dutchman"

Wasn't Deep Root threatening to make their own Houdini pinball machine?

Can you copyright a public domain concept? I have no idea.

#103 4 years ago

Isn't the Frying Dutchman the name fo the All You Can Eat Seafood Buffet on the Simpsons?

#104 4 years ago

Not copyrighted it’s fine

Quoted from guitarded:

Isn't the Frying Dutchman the name fo the All You Can Eat Seafood Buffet on the Simpsons?

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Does that mean they are paying someone else to use this name

Or it could mean they've trademarked it.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can you copyright a public domain concept? I have no idea.

It is a long and boring legaleeze explanation

quick answer trademark and copyright are 2 different things.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is it a ball shooter? Crazy!
I was kinda hoping Flying Dutchman would be the pinball theme! Oh well, still looks crazy interesting!

Found this video in another thread- here it is in action. Video from 904 pinball zine

#108 4 years ago

Well shucks. I was hoping for a Balcer black rose type of game.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

I can tell you because I DO have access to earning reports for games on several test location around the country. Oktoberfest has been in the top 10 earning machines at these location since June. Oktoberfest has been the TOP earner since June at one brewery location in the midwest.

I had one on location and it was the top earner for about 6 weeks, then held its own against 6 other premium pins (MB, BM66, GB, ST, ACNC). It was also rock solid for 4 months and only recently developed a couple issues ( broken weld on the bar door, funky membrane switch errors, magnetized balls).

1 week later
#110 4 years ago

Joe Balcer said that American Pinball’s new pin will be revealed at Texas Pinball Festival in March. I reached out to DanDanDAN and he informed me that is the scheduled reveal, they will release more info soon.

https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/12222692

1 week later
#111 4 years ago

Hot Wheels ... ?

#112 4 years ago

Oktoberfest II: The After-Party

#113 4 years ago

Hot Wheels ?

#114 4 years ago

Kaneda says it’s Hot Wheels.

#115 4 years ago

Like the toy cars ?

#116 4 years ago

Yes. Just announced on his podcast.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Yes. Just announced on his podcast.

I thought the consensus was Sherlock Holmes?

#118 4 years ago

It almost feels like AP is picking their themes to troll Kaneda.

Hot Wheels??

#119 4 years ago

I like it !

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I thought the consensus was Sherlock Holmes?

They teased keys. Kaneda says Hot Wheels. Makes sense with the keys but who knows... Kaneda did say they are working on two games.

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I like it !

It might turn out to be a cool pin, but there is a lot of competition with some great themes coming. I think it will be a tough sell.

#122 4 years ago

I get the potential for ramps and loops, but beyond that I don't see a whole lot of personality or story integration with this theme. It feels like a theme that would be better as a D&B redemption appealing to kids than as a pinball machine targeted to adults.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

They teased keys. Kaneda says Hot Wheels. Makes sense with the keys but who knows... Kaneda did say they are working on two games.

I missed the tease - how are keys related to Hot Wheels? Gotta say I’m disappointed it’s not Sherlock Holmes (yes I know I’m probably the only one lol) but this is way left field!

#124 4 years ago

I don't believe it. I think AP was giving Kaneda a red herring.

#125 4 years ago

Hot wheels!
Makes complete sense as next redemption game.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Hot wheels!
Makes complete sense as next redemption game.

There is already a new hot wheels redemption game. It’s an interesting theme. It has potential

148B9CE3-AE2D-467F-A624-7A99B777F7FE (resized).jpeg148B9CE3-AE2D-467F-A624-7A99B777F7FE (resized).jpeg
#127 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

There is already a new hot wheels redemption game. It’s an interesting theme. It has potential[quoted image]

I should google before I guess next time.
That looks fun!

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I missed the tease - how are keys related to Hot Wheels? Gotta say I’m disappointed it’s not Sherlock Holmes (yes I know I’m probably the only one lol) but this is way left field!

Car keys. That’s the connection to Hot Wheels. They may still be doing Sherlock Holmes. For what it’s worth, he said they are also working on a non-licensed second pin.

#129 4 years ago

Maybe the cabinet resembles a car chassis.

#130 4 years ago

I hope it's not Hot Wheels. There's no way I'd pony up thousands of dollars for a Hot Wheels pin. I have room for one more game in my gameroom. I intended it to be Sherlock Holmes, Robin Hood or even Valkyries. But if AP goes with Hot Wheels and none of the others, my dollars are going to Jersey Jack or possibly Deeproot...maybe Stern if they can come up with something cool and not as cheaply made as some of their recent releases. But I'll wait until AP's big reveal at Texas. Fingers crossed its a cool one. Maybe I'll buy an older one like Whitewater. That game has piqued my interest of late.

#131 4 years ago

I want sherlock holmes

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Car keys. That’s the connection to Hot Wheels. They may still be doing Sherlock Holmes. For what it’s worth, he said they are also working on a non-licensed second pin.

Oh my god. DUH. Lol

I was picturing these toys:

https://www.amazon.com/Burnin-Key-Cars-Maisto/dp/B007OU6LDO

Which involve keys directly but are most definitely not Hot Wheels

#133 4 years ago

All this from the same guy who announced Joe Balcer had left API so he obviously has a really great connection inside there.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

All this from the same guy who announced Joe Balcer had left API so he obviously has a really great connection inside there.

LOL

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I hope it's not Hot Wheels. There's no way I'd pony up thousands of dollars for a Hot Wheels pin. I have room for one more game in my gameroom. I intended it to be Sherlock Holmes, Robin Hood or even Valkyries. But if AP goes with Hot Wheels and none of the others, my dollars are going to Jersey Jack or possibly Deeproot...maybe Stern if they can come up with something cool and not as cheaply made as some of their recent releases. But I'll wait until AP's big reveal at Texas. Fingers crossed its a cool one. Maybe I'll buy an older one like Whitewater. That game has piqued my interest of late.

I'm kind of in the same camp. Hot Wheels has a sort of Bob the Builder aspect or flare that I just can't get into. If it is Hot Wheels, it has to have a loop and other interesting ramps - that might be cool.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

I'm kind of in the same camp. Hot Wheels has a sort of Bob the Builder aspect or flare that I just can't get into. If it is Hot Wheels, it has to have a loop and other interesting ramps - that might be cool.

orange ramps with purple connectors ftw

#137 4 years ago

keys could be a play on SherLOCK Holmes

#138 4 years ago

Super smooth fast layout with awesome ramps and theme won’t matter to much, put a loop the loop in there for good measure!

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from ptolemy:

keys could be a play on SherLOCK Holmes

This.

#140 4 years ago

I imagine if the theme is eventually revealed to not in fact be Hot Wheels, and is actually Sherlock Holmes, there will be a LOT of complaining. Forget it, Jake. It’s Pinside.

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

orange ramps with purple connectors ftw

My mom would use a section of that orange track as a "switch" to get my attention when I didn't put my toys away, seeing those would bring back bitter-sweet memories.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

My mom would use a section of that orange track as a "switch" to get my attention when I didn't put my toys away, seeing those would bring back bitter-sweet memories.

Dear god, I thought I was the only one...

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

You don't need keys for a Hot Wheel.

#144 4 years ago

Horror movies, metal bands and car themes are my least favorite pins, (south Park too)

I would be all in on Sherlock.

1 week later
#145 4 years ago

I like my Houdini.

Sherlock Holmes could be very cool. Hope that is indeed next title from AP.

#146 4 years ago

I liked Houdini but a little too hard for us to play. I’ve been looking for an Oktoberfest to play but haven’t found one. I like to play a pin before we buy them.

I hope whatever pin it is it does well for them. It’s great having spooky and American pinball in the mix. Spooky has a hit with rick and Morty so hoping American pinball will too on their next one

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’ve been looking for an Oktoberfest to play but haven’t found one. I like to play a pin before we buy them.

I have one, if you are in the Cincy area, stop by for a beer.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I have one, if you are in the Cincy area, stop by for a beer.

Thanks! I use to live in west Chester for about a year but back in Michigan now. I might have to if I am in the area any time soon

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Thanks! I use to live in west Chester for about a year but back in Michigan now. I might have to if I am in the area any time soon

Just give me a holler.

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Horror movies, metal bands and car themes are my least favorite pins, (south Park too)
I would be all in on Sherlock.

more horror pins!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.