IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
biff (resized).jpg
There are 4,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 94.
#1401 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Any good? Hoping it’s a hit. I’m getting Houdini soon

It was in the very early whitewood phase. My son and I had fun with it. Early code had the game crashing during multiball. It's going to be a hit.

Houdini is a beast to play. Tough shots, but you will become a better player because of it.

#1402 1 year ago

Murder She Wrote, lol.

Quoted from chad:

Forget Sherlock, bring on Columbo!!

#1403 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Murder She Wrote,

Charlie Chan

LTG : )

#1404 1 year ago

I'm still hoping it is Sherlock Homes. I absolutely love my Houdini and want something like the same for SH.

#1405 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I'm still hoping it is Sherlock Homes. I absolutely love my Houdini and want something like the same for SH.

Yup. I feel the same way. Although the rumored Yukon Yeti (sequel to White Water) by Nordman has me intrigued.

#1406 1 year ago

Isn't the next machine supposed to be a licensed theme?

#1407 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I'm still hoping it is Sherlock Homes.

Without Josh's love of the theme. I don't think it would be the same now.

#1408 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Without Josh's love of the theme. I don't think it would be the same now.

Yukon Yeti it is then.

#1409 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Yukon Yeti it is then.

Nope

#1410 1 year ago
Quoted from denoument:

Isn't the next machine supposed to be a licensed theme?

Nope

1 week later
#1411 1 year ago

Ok. I’ll bite... got a tease?

#1412 1 year ago

Sherlock Holmes

#1413 1 year ago

The Nordman and Chris Franchi on art. I sense best game of 2022.

#1414 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

The Nordman and Chris Franchi on art. I sense best game of 2022.

Gonna be the best traced outwork ever!

#1415 1 year ago

Take me back to the era of clear ramps and slides and I'm in! Thats what I'm looking for in my next game. I miss that in pinball. Metal rails are not fun and the new style. Something about those bright clear ramps that you find in all the classics!

#1416 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Gonna be the best traced outwork ever!

I sort of agree with you but it beats Data East drawings. What else is there? The new Halloween by that artist is done the same way? There is a fine line between photoshop, photorealistic drawing, and cartoon. I like the middle.

#1417 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

The new Halloween by that artist is done the same way?

So wrong. Jason Edmiston art is next level. He uses actual people to create the images with lighting, then hand paints it.

#1418 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

So wrong. Jason Edmiston art is next level. He uses actual people to create the images with lighting, then hand paints it.

Huh? So he got all the actors from Halloween to come over and pose for him to make the Halloween art?

#1419 1 year ago

Edmistons work on Halloween is the hands down some of the best illustration ever on a pin.

Quoted from Viggin900:

I sort of agree with you but it beats Data East drawings. What else is there? The new Halloween by that artist is done the same way? There is a fine line between photoshop, photorealistic drawing, and cartoon. I like the middle.

#1420 1 year ago

Had a feeling this was a bogus account.

#1421 1 year ago

Did you all get this in your mailbox? Its for Great American Pinball. Sounds like there may be something cooking on the stove for tomorrow? Any ideas what this is? They are usually the first to get inventory from AP.

SmartSelect_20220614-002636_Gmail (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20220614-002636_Gmail (resized).jpg
#1422 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

They are usually the first to get inventory from AP.

You kidding ?

Wander over to the jjp Toy Story thread.

#1423 1 year ago

Scratch that

Quoted from LTG:

You kidding ?
Wander over to the jjp Toy Story thread.

I figured that out after posting. I havent been in that thread till now to see what is going on.

#1424 1 year ago

Houdini rules. Total unorthodox sleeper

1 week later
#1425 1 year ago

My distributor told me today, they had a slight issue with Oktoberfests, but they're on the line but they're trying to get it done AQAP within the next 4/5 weeks so they can do hot wheels.

Depending on your distro, you're looking at maybe the end of July.

#1426 1 year ago

EVEN BETTER, ran into David fix, they built like 200+ new Oktoberfests that have already sold, and they're trying to pump it out best they can. This is speculation on my part but it Could be 300+ games entirely, despite alot of "meh" and people not liking it, that I've met, the game is selling pretty damn well.

That and apparently, American doesn't have the sonic the hedgehog license.....
But STERN doesn't have it either.

#1427 1 year ago

Wow.

#1428 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizkid93:

That and apparently, American doesn't have the sonic the hedgehog license.....
But STERN doesn't have it either.

Are you sure stern doesn’t have it? How did you verify? It’s a bummer AP doesn’t, but if it’s held by JJP or spooky that would be very interesting and more appealing to me personally.

#1429 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizkid93:

This is speculation on my part but it Could be 300+ games entirely, despite alot of "meh" and people not liking it, that I've met, the game is selling pretty damn well.

Oktoberfest has been in production for 4 years. They’ve only sold 300 plus of them? I wouldn’t call that a success. But I do like that AP keeps everything on the line so they can keep busy as orders for any of their games come in. Something that no other company is doing.

If they actually build sonic spinball, they are going to need a bigger factory. Haha

#1430 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Are you sure stern doesn’t have it? How did you verify? It’s a bummer AP doesn’t, but if it’s held by JJP or spooky that would be very interesting and more appealing to me personally.

I literally ran into the executive vice President of American pinball, David Fix at Pintastic.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oktoberfest has been in production for 4 years. They’ve only sold 300 plus of them? I wouldn’t call that a success. But I do like that AP keeps everything on the line so they can keep busy as orders for any of their games come in. Something that no other company is doing.
If they actually build sonic spinball, they are going to need a bigger factory. Haha

You know I should have clarified they made about 200ish so far this run alone and they're ramping it up to finish the run.

It'll be interesting if we ever get the final sales figures of any game they have made, but with them constantly running their older titles who knows what it will be.

#1431 1 year ago

I'll say this I've been playing sonic spinball since it was made 2 years ago, when it was shown off at the double bull in MA, and the last two Pintastics.

If that game ever came out by American pinball, it would be a day one buy because of the love he put into the game.

So it's a good thing they hire the genius behind it, I bet he'll create even more great experiences at American

#1432 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizkid93:

You know I should have clarified they made about 200ish so far this run alone and they're ramping it up to finish the run.

Oh wow! That’s awesome and I think proves that their model works of keeping games on the line for years. Takes time for folks to see the merits of certain games as we all know.

#1433 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh wow! That’s awesome and I think proves that their model works of keeping games on the line for years. Takes time for folks to see the merits of certain games as we all know.

American is my favorite pinball manufacturer because if someone wants an older game, they'll do another run of it (the true benefit of original themes) the customer service is top notch, and they have @ferret, what more could you ask for.
That and David Fix is a humble guy, who would throw down in a game or two if you asked.

#1434 1 year ago

Funny thing is, people that own American games love them including me! It's mostly the people who only play them in the wild once that don't. So who cares what they think?

#1435 1 year ago

Next machine??

I’m still waiting on LoV and soon to come up on a year (bit of an exaggeration, but not by much).

#1436 1 year ago

Was at the AP panel, looks like a it's going to be another street release, as in here's the game, it's out N O W at this arcade and that arcade.

Fall release date.

#1437 1 year ago

If AP is continuing to make their older games as well as LOV, does this mean they’ll have a third line running simultaneously to make the Fall release game? That’s a lot of lines running. I didn’t think they had that kind of capacity.

#1438 1 year ago

Is the next game from Nordman or Balcer?

#1439 1 year ago

Maybe.

#1440 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Is the next game from Nordman or Balcer?

I believe it was reported on Pinside that before his departure Balcer was pulled off of his game.

So could be Nordman, or Balcer's game with Nordman's touch ?

What ever it is should be exciting.

#1441 1 year ago

Thanks LTG, I didn't even realize Balcer wasn't there anymore. Hard to keep up with all the shuffling around

#1442 1 year ago

Was there any official reason for his departure, Or is it still a bit hushed?

#1443 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe it was reported on Pinside that before his departure Balcer was pulled off of his game.
Wh

Was there any official reason for his departure, Or is it still a bit hushed?

I reckon there was a whole thread on it, or at least a chunk of one. But don't bet on my memory.

#1444 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

What ever it is should be exciting.

Could possibly be the street level game that Barry O was working on for them before his death?

#1445 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Could possibly be the street level game that Barry O was working on for them before his death?

You have my attention.

#1446 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1447 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Thanks LTG, I didn't even realize Balcer wasn't there anymore. Hard to keep up with all the shuffling around

He's been gone from A.P. for a pretty long (relatively time) and was working for / with HomePin for a while but I believe he's not doing that now either IIRC.

Josh (lead software guy from the start of A.P.) is gone now as well, they still haven't addressed that and who is taking over for him but the assumption has been / is that Joe i.e. Ferret is.

#1448 1 year ago

Talked to a designer at pintastic, he told me Barry's game is being completed, they're trying VERY hard to keep it as original and true to his design as possible, so far, they've changed just two things.

I cannot remember if it is the next game, but it's right in the pipeline, nearly finished.

And as for Josh, whatever he's doing, I hope he's doing well, and I appreciate the love he has put into the games at AP.

#1449 1 year ago

Does anyone know the time frame when American will release details about their next game.

#1450 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You seriously thought only 300 Octoberfests have ever been sold?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,495.00
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,995.00
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/29?hl=mr_outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.