IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
biff (resized).jpg
There are 4,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 94.
#1201 2 years ago

Sherlock Holmes could be fun. Like who dunnit but better. I could be interested in that.

#1202 2 years ago

What about AP’s competition to mass produce the next great home brew? Obviously it wouldn’t be the next game to come off their lines after LOV, but I’m wondering if it’s an IP would they pony up the money to get the license or would they only award a contract to an original/non-licensed game. That would certainly suck for those awesome home brews made from IPs.

#1203 2 years ago

If anyone is looking to add Hot Wheels to their AP collection, I will be posting one later this evening for $6600. Looks great, plays great. Shaker, side art and topper.

#1204 2 years ago

Jeez, you have a stalker. Downvoting someone for selling a game?

#1205 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:Jeez, you have a stalker. Downvoting someone for selling a game?

I’m so hurt

Should I not sell to make him feel better about me?

#1206 2 years ago

You know how it is. Everyone makes the world a happier place. Some when they arrive and some when they leave.

2 weeks later
#1207 2 years ago

Posted on my FB feed a few minutes ago:

Stay tuned to the INDISC Open Championship tournament livestream tomorrow (Sunday, February 6) between the Quarterfinal and Semifinal rounds for a special announcement from American Pinball! twitch.tv/IEPinball
@iepinball

#1208 2 years ago

They just announced on INDISC stream that AP hired Barry Engler and Barry Oursler.

#1209 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

They just announced on INDISC stream that AP hired Barry Engler and Barry Oursler.

Barry Engler left jjp ? He left AP for jjp.

LTG : )

#1210 2 years ago
Screenshot_20220206-171651-846 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220206-171651-846 (resized).png
#1212 2 years ago

I’m excited about Oursler joining AP. He has tremendous experience and he created some truly classic games. I’m less excited about Engler because wasn’t he in charge of the service department at JJP when they flat-out abused their customers during the whole GNR playfield fiasco?

#1213 2 years ago

Sorry

#1214 2 years ago

If that’s true, Lloyd, it’s a huge strike against Engler.

#1215 2 years ago

I think AP is making big changes. I am excited to see the next year in regards to planning and production

#1216 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I think JJP is making big changes. I am excited to see the next year in regards to planning and production

Do you mean AP?

#1217 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Great news for American Pinball- hopefully they can capture some of the magic of the 90s Bally/Williams era with Dennis Norseman and Barry Oursler

#1218 2 years ago

So this begs the question....what is the NEXT American pinball????

#1220 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. And the person I figured wanted me gone. Though I'm not sure that is accurate or not.

Well, if hes at American already it probably means he left JJP and wasn't fired, i hav no faith in JJP and will never buy one of their products after the way is was treated by the company and their management. I love what American pinball is doing. It probably wasnt Barry Englers fault about the shitty treatment I received by JJP, hope he has better support at American.congratulations to both barrys.

#1221 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Well, if hes at American already it probably means he left JJP and wasn't fired, i hav no faith in JJP and will never buy one of their products after the way is was treated by the company and their management. I love what American pinball is doing but now im worried if theres a problem i dont want to deal with barry engler after the shit way i was treated by him at JJP.

Yup! That’s my fear too. I’m out from ever buying another JJP game. I’m a big AP fan and I truly hope Engler doesn’t hurt AP. One of the reasons I like them so much is because of their customer service. If Engler turns AP service into JJP service they’ll lose me the way JJP lost me.

#1222 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Well, if hes at American already it probably means he left JJP and wasn't fired, i hav no faith in JJP and will never buy one of their products after the way is was treated by the company and their management. I love what American pinball is doing. It probably wasnt Barry Englers fault about the shitty treatment I received by JJP, hope he has better support at American.congratulations to both barrys.

I'm with you, i was so disgusted i sold not only my GnRLE but also my faultless hobbit.

I don't care if they make the best pinball in the world. i won't buy it or anything else form them.

Go AP.

#1223 2 years ago

According to the pinball news article, Barry Engler was hired as production manager to handle the production of games. Looking forward to an increase in quality games leaving the factory.

No change to service, Dave Brennan Is still the service manager and he’s awesome.

Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Yup! That’s my fear too. I’m out from ever buying another JJP game. I’m a big AP fan and I truly hope Engler doesn’t hurt AP. One of the reasons I like them so much is because of their customer service. If Engler turns AP service into JJP service they’ll lose me the way JJP lost me.

#1224 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

According to the pinball news article, Barry Engler was hired as production manager to handle the production of games. Looking forward to an increase in quality games leaving the factory.
No change to service, Dave Brennan Is still the service manager and he’s awesome.

Barry Engler as production manager... Lol..
As another pinsider said, "There goes American Pinball down the toilet..."

#1225 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

No. He's got the education, training, and more experience. And more he can do there.

This will be a positive move for American Pinball.

#1226 2 years ago

Maybe I'm missing something but Barry provided great online support when Houdini was a new(er) game and I was saddened when he left for JJP. Glad to see he's back at AP. Looking forward to seeing what's next from them.

#1227 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Is it Barrys fault? jjp sucks, he probably left because he was treated poorly as an employee, thats why i changed my original statement, Barry is an employee, not his fault JJP instructed him to screw us customers. Upper management are to blame, i know at least 6 collectors locally including my self that will never buy a JJP ANYTHING, myself and another sold our GNRLEs,And then a third sold his DILE. GNR is a grail theme for me so it wont matter what they make they can pound sand.

#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Is it Barrys fault? jjp sucks, he probably left because he was treated poorly as an employee, thats why i changed my original statement, Barry is an employee, not his fault JJP instructed him to screw us customers. Upper management are to blame, i know at least 6 collectors locally including my self that will never buy a JJP ANYTHING, myself and another sold our GNRLEs,And then a third sold his DILE. GNR is a grail theme for me so it wont matter what they make they can pound sand.

You’re probably right. An employee has to do what the higher-ups order, so the buck ultimately stops with JJP’s upper management. And since Lloyd amended his statement and said Engler was not responsible for his ouster I guess we should give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Here’s to hoping his second tenure at AP makes us forget all about his time at JJP.

#1229 2 years ago

You’re probably right. An employee has to do what the higher-ups order, so the buck ultimately stops with JJP’s upper management. And since Lloyd amended his statement and said Engler was not responsible for his ouster I guess we should give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Here’s to hoping his second tenure at AP makes us forget all about his time at JJP.

Yep, i think he deserves the benefit of our support, i know he reads this stuff, good luck Barry E on your new endeavor.

#1230 2 years ago

As the Service Manager at JJP I was not involved in creating policy. One can imagine the level of stress involved in talking to people regarding issues that you could not help them with.

I was the original Service Manager at AP and helped create the environment in the service department that so many of you appreciate, I also ran production until I left.

Please don't assume you know what I did or didn't do.
Call me on my cell during business hours and ask me.

Looking forward to brighter days,

Barry Engler

For the record I left JJP.

#1231 2 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

As the Service Manager at JJP I was not involved in creating policy. One can imagine the level of stress involved in talking to people regarding issues that you could not help them with.
I was the original Service Manager at AP and helped create the environment in the service department that so many of you appreciate, I also ran production until I left.
Barry Engler

Not assuming anything; You never answered your phone at JJP and I dont have enough fingers to count all the people and friends you did not help. Emailing you was literally useless.
May be you should post something in the Guns N Roses thread.

#1232 2 years ago

Well that’s a statement…

Quoted from tk375:

Not assuming anything; You never answered your phone at JJP and I dont have enough fingers to count all the people and friends you did not help. Emailing you was literally useless.
May be you should post something in the Guns N Roses thread.

#1234 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Sweetness! Can we get a new Popeye pin?

#1235 2 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

Maybe I'm missing something but Barry provided great online support when Houdini was a new(er) game and I was saddened when he left for JJP. Glad to see he's back at AP. Looking forward to seeing what's next from them.

My experience and reaction too. He was always responsive when I had any questions re Houdini. Totally Johnny-on-the-spot. Welcome back!

#1236 2 years ago

American pinball games are by far superior to JJP; American makes great and well built machines that they stand by with superior customer service

#1237 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Agree. I would never buy another JJP game!!!

#1238 2 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Barry Engler

I'm glad you're back at AP. Being stuck in-between pissed off owners of bad PF's and management that ignored the problem had to be a nightmare, every single day you walked thru the JJP doors.

If it was me, my BP would have went up 50 points everytime the phone rang.

#1239 2 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Barry Engler

You had an absolute impossible job at JJP and I applaud you for sticking it out as long as you did. Unfortunately some people will associate you with the policy you were forced to enforce. I spoke with you countless times on the phone and a hundred emails trying to resolve my issues with GNR. You weren’t able to give me the answer I wanted but you were always responsive. I don’t envy the person who takes your role at JJP.

I’m glad you were able to start a new chapter in your career. Wish you the best of luck!

#1240 2 years ago

Welcome Barry Oursler! Glad you found a new home to continue your craft. You are like a god to me. Now lets blast off and complete the trilogy, "Space X 2023".

#1241 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

American pinball games are by far superior to JJP; American makes great and well built machines that they stand by with superior customer service

Superior no...., not even in the same league.

#1242 2 years ago

I'am happy that a company takes care at all. You always support your customers in a great way.

I had a dropped hot wheels NIB, the box was beaten like hell and unfortunately the impact broke the wood including the decals. My distributor was responding but without the service of AP he probably never would have changed the cabinet.

Even in a thread like this (including all the rubbish said...) they respond.

--> Dave Brennan is service at its best !

--> Josh Kugler and his team still solve anything they can codewise and add new content to houdini ! Somebody said : We need more shaker use....
In the next update you can feel it already. They asked the customers for new modes and ideas, and now you have team mode.

--> Joe also is a great guy and helps out answering any question

Pinball is all about fun, and not everyone likes a pollished highclass license. I'am really sure both JJP and stern have more ressources to build new machines than Spooky, AP or Pinball brothers. But i am really glad there is something different then JJP and stern, they are not affordable anymore. 15k for an LE or 23k for an CE ?

Guys... what the hell is going on.

Lets enjoy the variety of pinball. I am excited for the next AP titel, and hope it comes soon.

#1243 2 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Barry Engler

Wishing you the best. I 100% know it wasnt you making those decisions. Congratulations on your fresh start, ive been there myself, its a great feeling when all that weight is lifted off your shoulders. Look forward to now dealing with you in a positive environment, hopefully youll be at TPF with American.

#1244 2 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Barry Engler

Welcome back Barry, I'm glad I've left my BTA sticker you gave me on my Houdini, hope to see you at a pinball show sometime soon.

#1245 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Superior no...., not even in the same league.

Not sure what you are referring too but I have owned both American Pinball which is I was third owner of the game and got parts shipped immediately and talked to someone on the phone right away with amazing customer service; my experience with JJP I’d rather not talk about because it was that bad and I was the original owner of a collectors game of his too.

#1246 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Not sure what you are referring too but I have owned both American Pinball which is I was third owner of the game and got parts shipped immediately and talked to someone on the phone right away with amazing customer service; my experience with JJP I’d rather not talk about because it was that bad and I was the original owner of a collectors game of his too.

You will be attacked by the JJP fanboys, basically since they didnt get screwed by JJP the rest of us are just complaining negative assholes that have nothing better to do. Meanwhile collectors like you and me have been collecting 20 years and have huge collections I dont know how we did that since we’re so sensitive

#1247 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

AP has excellent customer service hands down. They are not in the same league as JJP as far as overall package in a game on many levels. That is not to say they are not fun games, i’ve owned and played them all (except for LOV). They are all worth putting some time. They in no way compare to JJP in overall package. I think they have a little way to go yet. Very fun games though. I’d like to see them move the quality needle a little more. They’ll get there if they keep at it. I still have an Oktoberfest and I play it regularly and will continue to until I sell it and move on to pick up something else (out of room, im at the one in one out stage).

#1248 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

You will be attacked by the JJP fanboys, basically since they didnt get screwed by JJP the rest of us are just complaining negative assholes that have nothing better to do. Meanwhile collectors like you and me have been collecting 20 years and have huge collections I dont know how we did that since we’re so sensitive

That wasnt an “attack”. Im not saying JJP goes without fault either, they have their own set of issues. To say AP is better or even on the same level as JJP is not accurate. Im not a nut hugger, I call it like it is.

#1249 2 years ago

There is no doubt with Berry Engler. Quit stirring up drama. He took care of me when I had problems with Oktoberfest and was a solid guy when I met him at the AP factory tour. Just because he briefly worked at JJP doesn't mean he is tainted goods or anything, yeesh.

On a side note I'm beyond thrilled to hear of Oursler Joining AP. Him and Nordman at the same place with the build of AP has me very excited for what is to come! I hope they start bringing out games from these venerable designers first before going to the home brew route.

#1250 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Welcome back Barry, I'm glad I've left my BTA sticker you gave me on my Houdini, hope to see you at a pinball show sometime soon.

Bob.. shouldn't you change your name to..BobBayBuccs... now?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,495.00
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/25?hl=jagdaniels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.