IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
biff (resized).jpg
There are 4,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 94.
#1101 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It’ll be great! </sarcasm> What’s normally a very supportive and co-operative community will turn cut-throat and competitive. People will be less inclined to help each other because now they’re “competition”.

I guess I never considered that possibility but hopefully that behavior is the exception rather than the norm.

#1102 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It’ll be great! </sarcasm> What’s normally a very supportive and co-operative community will turn cut-throat and competitive. People will be less inclined to help each other because now they’re “competition”.

Eh. Nah.

#1103 2 years ago

I wish American would do a really cool Infinity glass back box. I always loved those! Not sure how good it would work out with a display though.

#1104 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just heard the home brew contest has to be a game that hasn’t been seen before yesterday. I hope they rethink that. Sonic spinball needs to be mass produced.

Another downfall to the contest is people will be much less likely to post their build logs as they work on their game. A few people are already iffy about sharing stuff, least a major manufacturer steal an idea. If they're trying to get it produced, then they would want to hide everything to make the best impossible first impression with a mostly finished game. Also the idea of starting and finishing a homebrew project in a year is A BIG ASK

I think it's cool if AP wants to help homebrewers make their games into a commercial product. I don't think the contest idea is good for the homebrew community though.

If someone can finish a homebrew and it's worth building in mass, just build it in mass. The contest is unnecessary.

#1105 2 years ago

Competition is always good. If anything this will hopefully increase the number of homebrews taken on each year.

#1106 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Competition is always good. If anything this will hopefully increase the number of homebrews taken on each year.

Disagree. Homebrew is hard and the community helps each other a lot. I don't see this fostering cooperation and only increasing secrecy. I think a positive community does more to build people up to inspire them to achieve great personal projects than thinking "oh I gotta beat so-and-so"

I don't see why it would increase the number of people trying to pull of a homebrew project. (Maybe increased visibility that people are doing this sort of thing?) If the person's end goal is to get a job in the industry, they already know building a homebrew is the best resume they could have.

Or if they do get into homebrewing due the contest, they're setting themselves up for disappointment after hundreds of hours of work.

Again, if something is worth mass producing...then mass produce it. The contest is unnecessary.

#1107 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just heard the home brew contest has to be a game that hasn’t been seen before yesterday.

Can it be a game for the Multimorphic P3? I'm guessing not.

#1108 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Disagree. Homebrew is hard and the community helps each other a lot.

They will still help each other. If they don’t, that’s on them. No reason to stop. If they are really in it together, they will be happy for anyone that wins.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Again, if something is worth mass producing...then mass produce it. The contest is unnecessary.

What in pinball is necessary? This is a fun incentive that will be very interesting to see how it plays out. I just hope they try to give the homebrews that are already established a shot.

#1109 2 years ago

I’m not gonna act like I know what the homebrew folks think of this, but it could be really cool. And the more chance of a homebrew getting massed produced is a good thing. Before now it was a complete crapshoot it seemed like. Now we know one will get made each year. Or at least next year. Haha.

#1110 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m not gonna act like I know what the homebrew folks think of this, but it could be really cool. And the more chance of a homebrew getting massed produced is a good thing. Before now it was a complete crapshoot it seemed like. Now we know one will get made each year. Or at least next year. Haha.

I’m telling you what many of us think…

It was a crapshoot because so few homebrews are viable for manufacturing (or come in a state close to finished)

#1111 2 years ago

Sorry didn’t realize you were in the home brew crowd. So if so many are not viable, then it will only be a select few that will make sense, leaving the community largely unaffected I guess? Then you’ll will probably get some to come to the forefront that know there’s a path to production for them that may have not went down the road before.

#1112 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry didn’t realize you were in the home brew crowd. So if so many are not viable, then it will only be a select few that will make sense, leaving the community largely unaffected I guess? Then you’ll will probably get some to come to the forefront that know there’s a path to production for them that may have not went down the road before.

As I said, the competition doesn’t help the community.

So few are viable they should evaluate them on a case by case basis, not leave it to the whims of the community and a yearly contest.

#1113 2 years ago

Maybe I’m misunderstanding what they are doing. Aren’t they just going to look over the the various projects throughout the year then decide which one they want to build?

What are they leaving to the whims of the community?

#1114 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding what they are doing. Aren’t they just going to look over the the various projects throughout the year then decide which one they want to build?

Maybe I’m misunderstanding what they’re doing? I thought it was take the game to Expo and people vote on it

#1115 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They are going to pick the one they like and possibly make a run ... keyword: possibly
It's sort of like a science fair for pinball.

#1116 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding what they’re doing? I thought it was take the game to Expo and people vote on it

Yeah I’m not totally sure as I didn’t watch the seminar. But I think they are deciding, not us.

#1117 2 years ago
0CB825F1-28C5-42B2-98CF-A9F0CAA4F3EA (resized).jpeg0CB825F1-28C5-42B2-98CF-A9F0CAA4F3EA (resized).jpeg128D1783-73B3-4375-A59D-A1ED5D7B23C2 (resized).jpeg128D1783-73B3-4375-A59D-A1ED5D7B23C2 (resized).jpeg6ACFE14A-4542-492D-B944-CC28443C0F4F (resized).jpeg6ACFE14A-4542-492D-B944-CC28443C0F4F (resized).jpegB6F791CA-482E-444C-AAAF-CF37D0C14F81 (resized).jpegB6F791CA-482E-444C-AAAF-CF37D0C14F81 (resized).jpeg
#1118 2 years ago

Bring your homebrew to stern an see what happens...

It's awesome that a company is interested in homebrews at all, so far the experience from riot pinball seems to be pretty good.

I feel when David Fix said we will never bring a homebrew again, also people would moan about it as usual.

#1119 2 years ago

It appears that American pinballs website is down.

#1120 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

It appears that American pinballs website is down.

Someone forgot to renew their domain name. Whoopsie!

#1121 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

No Oktoberfests?

#1122 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

No Oktoberfests?

We are totally out of stock, so we had none to bring. Playfields were delivered this week, so should be back on one of the lines in the not too distant future.

#1123 2 years ago

AP building goodwill with home brew is great and as potential consumer, let’s get full disclosure on standard pricing to capitalize on support. Just odd.
Got the mag today -excellent.
A826FB64-2B47-4458-AF31-981B3741EDA3 (resized).jpegA826FB64-2B47-4458-AF31-981B3741EDA3 (resized).jpeg

#1124 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

We are totally out of stock, so we had none to bring. Playfields were delivered this week, so should be back on one of the lines in the not too distant future.

Thats to bad, but not neccesarily a bad thing, That shows that the more people get exposed to actually playing it, the more learn what a great fun game it is!

#1125 2 years ago

If I would have made it to Expo, I would have been sad that an Oktoberfest wasn't available as I still have never seen one for real! Houdini is still one of the most beautiful pins I've ever seen and my HotWheels is awesome fun!

#1126 2 years ago

Congrats to Scott, Frank, and American Pinball on the launch of Valhalla. I put a couple of games on it myself this weekend. Really cool to see another independent P-ROC project get picked up by a commercial manufacturer.

For others considering custom machines, contest or not, the custom development community is one of the nicest and helpful online communities I've ever seen. Everybody's there to do cool work and help each other out. Hopefully that doesn't change. Grab some P-ROC boards and build your personal dream machine. Many of us will help you along the way.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#1127 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

If I would have made it to Expo, I would have been sad that an Oktoberfest wasn't available as I still have never seen one for real! Houdini is still one of the most beautiful pins I've ever seen and my HotWheels is awesome fun!

Houdini is a stunning looking machine.

#1128 2 years ago

Just a little musing, When you look at how far American has come, and how each game is so different and constantly improved, add the amount of love that went into getting Legends of Valhalla to market, a game that is not even theirs by initial design. The next game has to be absolutely stunning. If it is Sherlock than I cant imagine how amazing the them will be!

#1129 2 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Just a little musing, When you look at how far American has come, and how each game is so different and constantly improved, add the amount of love that went into getting Legends of Valhalla to market, a game that is not even theirs by initial design. The next game has to be absolutely stunning. If it is Sherlock than I cant imagine how amazing the them will be!

I agree. I just seem to be getting more and more impressed by AP. I have an LOV on order and I’ve never played or even seen the game in anything but pictures and (many) videos. That shows what kind of faith I have in AP, also how much I love this theme. I think AP has a bright future ahead and God knows we need them in this hobby when we see how little Stern and JJP care about their customers.

#1130 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I think Oktoberfest is my favorite of their first three. So many modes, great humor and theme, and the playfield is one of the most interesting and jam packed in pinball. Because of the amount of shots and modes it probably doesn't click well on location but it's a monster at home, love it. Try to check one out if you can.

#1131 2 years ago

nm, double post

#1132 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I think Oktoberfest is my favorite of their first three. So many modes, great humor and theme, and the playfield is one of the most interesting and jam packed in pinball. Because of the amount of shots and modes it probably doesn't click well on location but it's a monster at home, love it. Try to check one out if you can.

I'm really enjoying my Oktoberfest. The rules and shots are so much fun. The times I can connect the left orbit to a perfectly timed upper right flipper shot into the beer barrel lock just feels so damn satisfying.

Really glad I picked one up.

#1133 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You think they would drag multiple homebrews to a show? Come on man.

#1134 2 years ago

Damn! All the buzz over CGC’s Cactus Canyon Remake has stolen the thunder from AP’s Valhalla! I hope AP is still on track to sell out of Deluxe models and sell even more standard models.

#1135 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Damn! All the buzz over CGC’s Cactus Canyon Remake has stolen the thunder from AP’s Valhalla! I hope AP is still on track to sell out of Deluxe models and sell even more standard models.

Deluxe is already sold out to distros.

#1136 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you sure? Nitro still allows you to put a deposit on their website which usually means they have some.

#1137 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Are you sure? Nitro still allows you to put a deposit on their website which usually means they have some.

They are a distro. Yes they have some. But all games have been sold from AP to distros.

#1138 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I placed my order with Shane at Maine Home Recreation, who claimed to have the largest allotment of LOVs. He said he was allotted 60 games and I was about in the middle of the list. I see his add is still up so that makes me think he hasn’t sold the rest yet. Does anyone know how this works? I can’t imagine distributors like Shane have to actually buy all those games if they don’t presell them. I wonder if they have some sort of lease arrangement with manufacturers. Also, what kind of discount do distributors get when they sell NIBs to us at MSRP? Obviously they have to be making something.

#1139 2 years ago

Yes they buy all of them. Presold or not. Not surprising at all in this market. No distro have stock. And I would assume any stock is better than no stock.

#1140 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes they buy all of them. Presold or not. Not surprising at all in this market. No distro have stock. And I would assume any stock is better than no stock.

Wow! For someone like Shane that would be a lot of money for him the shell out if he doesn’t presell them.

#1141 2 years ago

I placed my order with Shane at Maine Home Recreation, who claimed to have the largest allotment of LOVs. He said he was allotted 60 games and I was about in the middle of the list. I see his add is still up so that makes me think he hasn’t sold the rest yet. Does anyone know how this works? I can’t imagine distributors like Shane have to actually buy all those games if they don’t presell them. I wonder if they have some sort of lease arrangement with manufacturers. Also, what kind of discount do distributors get when they sell NIBs to us at MSRP? Obviously they have to be making something.

AP is sold out, we distributors bought them bases on interest. Yes distributors have to buy all the games they order whether they are sold or not. It’s like any other inventory. Some distributors may be sold out, while some are not. We still have a few left of the deluxe editions left for sale, if not pre-sold they will go into inventory.

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#1142 2 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

AP is sold out, we distributors bought them bases on interest. Yes distributors have to buy all the games they order whether they are sold or not. It’s like any other inventory. Some distributors may be sold out, while some are not. We still have a few left of the deluxe editions left for sale, if not pre-sold they will go into inventory.
Greg
Pinballpro.com

That’s very interesting. Thank you for clarifying it for me.

#1143 2 years ago

It is nuts. The discourse over gatekeeping SE buyers of Cactus Canyon from buying a topper later is nearly as big as this thread that’s years old.

#1144 2 years ago

That’s very interesting. Thank you for clarifying it for me.

I remember toying with the idea of trying to become a distributor for pins about 10 years ago when they were all a hell of a lot cheaper, I never really considered it too seriously for a few reasons but the money involved now is completely different. Of course you can make more too but as always that comes with more risk.

#1145 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

It is nuts. The discourse over gatekeeping SE buyers of Cactus Canyon from buying a topper later is nearly as big as this thread that’s years old.

Yeah, it's a funny but kinda sad mess going on in that thread.

#1146 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I remember toying with the idea of trying to become a distributor for pins about 10 years ago when they were all a hell of a lot cheaper, I never really considered it too seriously for a few reasons but the money involved now is completely different. Of course you can make more too but as always that comes with more risk.

Yeah. My wife and I talked about that as well, but there seems to be so much involved in doing it (contacts, display/warehouse space, promotions, game repairs), but the biggest obstacle would be the money needed just to get started. It’d be different if it worked like car dealerships where they didn’t have to buy the games outright. But if they have to buy the games that aren’t pre-sold, that would be a tough one. It seems to me that being a pinball distributor is a tough and risky way to make a living.

#1147 2 years ago

When are they going to tell us what the Classic model will cost ? Haven't they figured that out yet

#1148 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

When are they going to tell us what the Classic model will cost ? Haven't they figured that out yet

Just a thought, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were waiting to release the Classic price when they were ready to start making the Classic games. Maybe they don't want people who committed to a Deluxe to back out with the intention of buying a lower priced Classic. That may not hurt AP's bottom line because I believe all the Deluxe models have been ordered by distributors. But it could hurt their distributors who'd find themselves with Deluxe games now unsold. Again, that's just a thought. I could be wrong.

#1149 2 years ago

Just a thought, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were waiting to release the Classic price when they were ready to start making the Classic games. Maybe they don't want people who committed to a Deluxe to back out with the intention of buying a lower priced Classic. That may not hurt AP's bottom line because I believe all the Deluxe models have been ordered by distributors. But it could hurt their distributors who'd find themselves with Deluxe games now unsold. Again, that's just a thought. I could be wrong.

Just come out and say it's 1K less. No one will take the classic....

#1150 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Just come out and say it's 1K less. No one will take the classic....

NOT!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, ME
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/23?hl=txcoastal1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.