IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
biff (resized).jpg
There are 4,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 94.
#1001 2 years ago

It ain't Fathom that's for sure, but better than Avengers i spose.

#1002 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If Stern released this would you guys be praising the artwork

Yes. I have Scott’s artwork on my GOT. Love it.

#1003 2 years ago

It even has Bruce Jenner?? Oops I meant Kaitlyn….

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1004 2 years ago

Just when you think you are out they reel you right back in!

I love my Oktoberfest. She ain’t a beauty but she looks a lot purtier when you put your “beer goggles” on

Love the AP quality and cab style. Not really that much in Oktoberfest either, a fun and different layout.

The beer barrel lock “mech” is just a piece of plastic sitting on the rail. The beer meister that collects the plunge is decent but doesn’t do much else. It has great ramps and well placed magnets

This game looks like a winner to me. Gonna watch a little stream, go on Jackbar reviews and pick one up

#1005 2 years ago
Quoted from Docpinball:

Quick Question Did anyone get this in the mail yet? Let me know.
Cheers
David Fix
[quoted image][quoted image]

Got mine yesterday!

#1006 2 years ago
Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

It even has Bruce Jenner?? Oops I meant Kaitlyn….
[quoted image]

That's pretty hot for a Viking woman!
DLOniTgUMAA_Gba (resized).jpgDLOniTgUMAA_Gba (resized).jpg

fat-lady-sing (resized).pngfat-lady-sing (resized).png

#1007 2 years ago

I think my hang up right now - and this is only based on one stream, so take that fwiw - is that the LCD animations don't seem like they got a major upgrade with the AP involvement. I'm sure there's more to see, but with the static images and same fonts coming over from the proto I'm a little underwhelmed. I haven't played the game so maybe the critique is premature, but I had hoped that having AP involved would mean improvements to the animations - especially at the $8400 price point.

#1008 2 years ago

I'm at the point that if it's super fun to play, I don't even care about the art and animations that much. Nobody else around me will have one and I will! But, it has to be super fun to me, or no dice!

#1009 2 years ago
Quoted from Docpinball:

Quick Question Did anyone get this in the mail yet? Let me know.
Cheers
David Fix
[quoted image][quoted image]

I also got one today. Nice piece of marketing collateral and I look forward to reading it.

#1010 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I'm at the point that if it's super fun to play, I don't even care about the art and animations that much. Nobody else around me will have one and I will! But, it has to be super fun to me, or no dice!

And this is a totally logical counterpoint to my critique above. If the gameplay is great it's certainly easy to ignore the screen.

#1011 2 years ago

My distro just heard from AP that the original 300 deluxe models are SOLD OUT, but they’re going to add 200 more. I put in my order. Can’t wait to get this game!!!!

#1012 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:My distro just heard from AP that the original 300 deluxe models are SOLD OUT, but they’re going to add 200 more. I put in my order. Can’t wait to get this game!!!!

Page out of the munsters handbook

#1013 2 years ago

Thank you for your support! I know you’ve been interested for a long time and you will be pleased. 4 years in the making!

Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

My distro just heard from AP that the original 300 deluxe models are SOLD OUT, but they’re going to add 200 more. I put in my order. Can’t wait to get this game!!!!

#1014 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Thank you for your support! I know you’ve been interested for a long time and you will be pleased. 4 years in the making!

Yes! I’m very excited about it. I hope my distro doesn’t have a problem getting me one. I have a feeling the next 200 deluxe models will sell out quickly too. That’s a great testament to all your hard work.

#1015 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

My distro just heard from AP that the original 300 deluxe models are SOLD OUT, but they’re going to add 200 more

Is that really true? I don’t know how they can do that when my guess is a lot of the people that bought one of the 300 is because they thought there would only be 300.

#1016 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Is that really true? I don’t know how they can do that when my guess is a lot of the people that bought one of the 300 is because they thought there would only be 300.

Agree.

23B3DE4E-F153-465C-8EBD-CDD732FE4A3D (resized).png23B3DE4E-F153-465C-8EBD-CDD732FE4A3D (resized).png92316492-CD54-4CF5-808B-B68E399E253E (resized).png92316492-CD54-4CF5-808B-B68E399E253E (resized).png
#1017 2 years ago

Says only 300 on their flyer. Plus distributors still have them available.

Screenshot_20211024-171651_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211024-171651_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1018 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

And this is a totally logical counterpoint to my critique above. If the gameplay is great it's certainly easy to ignore the screen.

Hell, some of my favorite games have no screen!

#1019 2 years ago

If they go back on the deluxe 300 and make an additional 200 I'm grabbing some popcorn cause this is gonna be a fun show to watch.

#1020 2 years ago

It’s not like it was a numbered LE….just bling. Doesn’t bother me, congrats to the team.

Nitro still shows ‘many in stock’; hell, they are still selling Ultraman CE spots so I’ll take sellout with a grain of salt.

#1021 2 years ago

Yeah it looks rough. If Stern released this would you guys be praising the artwork and the Odin sculpt and paint application? I honestly don’t think you would or think $8300 plus shipping and tax where applicable. This is not a step forward for them in my opinion, especially after GZ just released. GZ pro is an awesome game especially for $6600. You can still buy all of AP’s games and the resale market on them is not that good.

People have been ripping on GZ artwork (watermelon GZ anyone?), the plastic mechagodzilla thing on the pro is weak, etc etc. I bet that Odin looks much better in person than the pictures. All metal ramps with wireform returns, full RGB, real backglass, player controlled hammer and drop target......

It's an unlicensed property but they definitely have to pay for the 23(!) custom music tracks. I'm looking forward to playing it

#1022 2 years ago

Stern and jjp have increased numbers. Nothing new.

#1023 2 years ago

Looks atrocious-more fun rubbing one out

#1024 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

It’s not like it was a numbered LE….just bling. Doesn’t bother me, congrats to the team.
Nitro still shows ‘many in stock’; hell, they are still selling Ultraman CE spots so I’ll take sellout with a grain of salt.

Except that their own promotional material actually says: “300 Limited Deluxe Models”

#1025 2 years ago
#1026 2 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Except that their own promotional material actually says: “300 Limited Deluxe Models”

I agree . Once the company sets a number - and sells out in part based on that limited number - upping the production is a douche move because those initial sales were in part achieved through dishonesty . That’s the real thorn to buyers - whether or not they genuinely like the game - they were lied to and thus falsely rushed to purchase .

#1027 2 years ago

Could also just be fake news.

#1028 2 years ago

Yeah it looks rough. If Stern released this would you guys be praising the artwork and the Odin sculpt and paint application? I honestly don’t think you would or think $8300 plus shipping and tax where applicable. This is not a step forward for them in my opinion, especially after GZ just released. GZ pro is an awesome game especially for $6600. You can still buy all of AP’s games and the resale market on them is not that good.

Then buy a GZ, F Stern, I’m done with them. Cheap build quality, they feel like shit compared to AP and JJP. I want modern pins that feel like B/W’s, Sterns never do

PS. Not every zombie yeti playfield is a winner in my books, LOV’s art looked great to me today when I played it, lighting was fantastic. Go buy a GZ pro or Prem and have fun with your purchase and stop trolling this thread and every JJP thread.

#1029 2 years ago

Geez guys...
The good news is there are 4 healthy companies producing pins in the US. Some bigger, some slower, but as long as we get product, new ideas, mechs, and art....at least we get games.

Pin market is growing. Locations are becoming more solid even during/after covid. Let's all be happy games are coming and competition will raise the bar.

Lets get a killer AIW going...

#1030 2 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Could also just be fake news.

Guess not. Kingpin saying 500 on the other thread. That’s dumb. Why stop there? Why not 1,000?

#1031 2 years ago

Making unlimited games of a good title is good business . But not after you’ve sold out of a self stated limited run .

#1032 2 years ago

That’s totally fucked up for AP to pull that garbage. I jumped in on a deluxe edition because of the fact that it was so limited. Resale value is important to me when I buy a game. The limited versions hold their value much better.

300 was a really sweet spot to create FOMO on this one. If they came out of the gate with 500 deluxe models, I would have likely passed.

Debating on staying in on this game now. I’d imagine that any distributor would have to honor a refund now after false advertising.

I just lost a ton of respect for American Pinball. What a dick move.

#1033 2 years ago

Give these guys a break FFS.

I think it’s great they have the demand for this game. So they underestimated it a bit.

If you don’t want it now then get a refund.

At least AP finally woke up and offered an LE

#1034 2 years ago

Nope. It’s still bullshit. It’s a bad business move. Just because the big boys have pulled these moves, doesn’t mean AP should be stooping that low.

They didn’t underestimate it a bit. It’s a whole lot. They are damn near doubling the amount of limited editions.

Poor form AP. Poor form…

#1035 2 years ago

Yeah, c'mon give American a pass on this, they have not had a big hit game yet.

Let them have a small victory lap.
If an extra 200 LE's helps the overall profit margin for the run of this game, then it's a good thing.

We want American to be a Healthy on going concern.
More competition will pay off for all of us, in the long run.

If your only interested in being a Star Bellied Sneech, than you didn't learn a damn thing from Dr Seuss.

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#1036 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Yeah, c'mon give American a pass on this, they have not had a big hit game yet.
Let them have a small victory lap.
If an extra 200 LE's helps the overall profit margin for the run of this game, then it's a good thing.
We want American to be a Healthy on going concern.
More competition will pay off for all of us, in the long run.
If your only interested in being a Star Bellied Sneech, than you didn't learn a damn thing from Dr Seuss.
Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

I was always taught to be a man of my word. It’s much more important than money. If I was AP and I said the limited run was 300, then it’s 300. It doesn’t matter how many people are lined up trying to hand me money.

#1037 2 years ago

Don't think the extra money from the extra deluxe additions (if this is a real thing) will be worth the cost in reputation. As far as I know, AP has nothing but a great reputation with the pinball community for doing things the right way.

Like with Spooky, that goes a long way to engendering goodwill with the community. And though it's not like AP will go out of business if that goodwill is tarnished if they're able to to produce games people want to buy for the games themselves alone (as opposed to also wanting to support an upstart company).

But it would affect a shift for some from lovable company to cheer for and even stretch a bit to big business you give money if you want what they make, sometimes while having to hold your nose. Not a strategy I'd favor when trying to turn things around and establish yourselves as a company to trust.

#1038 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:Don't think the extra money from the extra deluxe additions (if this is a real thing) will be worth the cost in reputation. As far as I know, AP has nothing but a great reputation with the pinball community for doing things the right way.
Like with Spooky, that goes a long way to engendering goodwill with the community. And though it's not like AP will go out of business if that goodwill is tarnished if they're able to to produce games people want to buy for the games themselves alone (as opposed to also wanting to support an upstart company).
But it would affect a shift for some from lovable company to cheer for and even stretch a bit to big business you give money if you want what they make, sometimes while having to hold your nose. Not a strategy I'd favor when trying to turn things around and establish yourselves as a company to trust.

That is a possibility. Ultimately though, its good for pinball and all of us if AP has more sales and turns a larger profit.

#1039 2 years ago

Don't get me wrong, it's not ideal..
But it's an outside design, unlicensed, and a first attempt at an LE.
It's easy to see American being nervous, and going too small with the 300.

So, I give them a Pass, this time.
Hopefully they handle things more professional on all future Titles.

#1040 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Hopefully they handle things more professional on all future Titles.

That’s my point right there. You said “hopefully”. You’re basically saying you don’t trust what they say moving forward. Why should you? AP already proved to everyone that their word means nothing.

Unless this is all a bad rumor. For AP’s sake, I hope it is.

#1041 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

That’s my point right there. You said “hopefully”. You’re basically saying you don’t trust what they say moving forward. Why should you? AP already proved to everyone that their word means nothing.
Unless this is all a bad rumor. For AP’s sake, I hope it is.

If you don’t like the move from AP do your talking with your wallet. This is probably the fastest they have sold any of their games and might have come as a surprise to them. I think they are doing more people a favour with this move then screwing people over.

#1042 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

more fun rubbing one out

Christ man! That got boring by 8th grade

#1043 2 years ago

Ah... Let me remember, munster LE was raised up in numbers, Jersey Jack made a Hobbit LE version, smaug gold edition, back arrow, woz yellow brick, emerald edition etc.

AP could have made a Gold Iron edition with 300 and a different coating metal edition... Or a special additional valhalla edition with 200 more and for sure a

"hello kitty strawberry juice party family friendly viking edition"...

#1044 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I was always taught to be a man of my word. It’s much more important than money. If I was AP and I said the limited run was 300, then it’s 300. It doesn’t matter how many people are lined up trying to hand me money.

I completely agree. It was a short sighted move. Trust has been eroded so what will happen with the next pin and the initial stated amount of LEs? No one will believe what they say and no one will know what to think. They made the decision on the 300 and now they need to live with it.

#1045 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:AP could have made a Gold Iron edition with 300 and a different coating metal edition... Or a special additional valhalla edition with 200 more

That would of went over better if they did an alternate or CE vs just increasing on the day they plastered 300 all over the internet.

I have bought quite a few stern LEs and I haven’t seen them add more LEs after they formally announce it. They have added more from previous titles like Mando and Godzilla were both increased but prior to the formal announcement

#1046 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

That would of went over better if they did an alternate or CE vs just increasing on the day they plastered 300 all over the internet.
I have bought quite a few stern LEs and I haven’t seen them add more LEs after they formally announce it. They have added more from previous titles like Mando and Godzilla were both increased but prior to the formal announcement

Munsters, say no more.

#1047 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

"hello kitty strawberry juice party family friendly viking edition"...

Not gonna lie, I would be tempted to buy that theme just for the novelty of it. Nothing else like it in the whole world.

#1048 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Munsters, say no more.

That was right after I started buying LEs.

So Stern came out and formally said 500 and then upped it to 600? there were flyers and ads made stating a different number?

If so, then I guess it will take time for people to be ok with buying knowing the risk or new folks that don’t know.

#1049 2 years ago

I understand why people are upset over AP going from 300 to 500 LEs. But I think that’s the perspective of someone who wants to flip it either sooner or eventually. I don’t have that perspective. I’ve been excited about this game for a long time. I intend to buy it, enjoy it and hold onto it for a very long time. As much as I enjoy seeing what my games are selling for I don’t buy them to sell them. I buy them to play them extensively and make them an addition to my home. That’s one of the reasons I have absolutely no problem with AP realizing they underestimated demand for this game and added 200 to their LE output. I think they have an incredible game here and they want to meet demand for it. They could have handled it a bit differently, but I don’t think it’s a big deal at all. For me, I’m focusing on the excitement of this game, anticipating getting one and treating it like the TOY it is intended to be. I say we give AP a break and just celebrate the fact that they and Riot have created something awesome!

#1050 2 years ago

300 then to 500 is still a limited run. Not to mention we are still at the beginning now if in 2 years they release Ragnarok Edition that’s when I’m throwing the penalty flag.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

There are 4,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/21?hl=thegunnett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.