IMG_1667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 94.
#951 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Just curious what distributors are offering these for sale?

Bought mine from Mr Awesome at KingPinGames in your neck of the woods. Never lets me down.

#952 2 years ago

Seen a post from a distro that the standard Is 7395 so 1k less... definitely think the deluxe for 1k more is well worth that with what extras are included.

#953 2 years ago

Just curious what distributors are offering these for sale?

Pinballstar, kingpin games, JJ at Game Exchange, and pinball pro all shot emails out as distributors.
Imagine more out there.

#954 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Seen a post from a distro that the standard Is 7395 so 1k less... definitely think the deluxe for 1k more is well worth that with what extras are included.

Not great for my wallet. Which distro posted that?

#955 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Cmon an u can do it...I will send a little piece to fund the Deluxe. haha

#956 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Pinballstar, kingpin games, JJ at Game Exchange, and pinball pro all shot emails out as distributors.
Imagine more out there.

My first purchase with Pinballstar....been a CT guy for a few years. Will I get some type of confirmation in the next few days once I did the deposit?

Thanks for the info.

#957 2 years ago

From TWIP: “Utilize the might of Thor’s Hammer by activating it via the third flipper button. The power of Thor comes crashing down like a lightning strike, by capturing the ball via a magnet over the top lanes, giving you more control and leading to higher scores.”

So…you saying the hammer MOVES!?

#958 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

My first purchase with Pinballstar....been a CT guy for a few years. Will I get some type of confirmation in the next few days once I did the deposit?
Thanks for the info.

Yes you will. Joe is on it.
Congrats

#959 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yea well not much these days is lol.. seems like a lot of pin /features for the money compared to everything else coming out.. and if it's only 1k more for all the extras that's not bad at all imo.

#960 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

From TWIP: “Utilize the might of Thor’s Hammer by activating it via the third flipper button. The power of Thor comes crashing down like a lightning strike, by capturing the ball via a magnet over the top lanes, giving you more control and leading to higher scores.”
So…you saying the hammer MOVES!?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"2655b0b15dc544333b45b3561ecf1f6d7ace09c7-1635009641-1800"};
//]]>

Oh yeah, the hammer crashing down was in the protos. Super fun feature.

#961 2 years ago

Damn it....I am in... FOMO....HAHA.
I am into supporting other vendors for 2022.

Yup, same here, just pulled the trigger… couldn’t help myself… was going to wait for the classic as I’m usually not an LE guy but I’m digging’ the extras the deluxe adds.

#962 2 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Yup, same here, just pulled the trigger… couldn’t help myself… was going to wait for the classic as I’m usually not an LE guy but I’m digging’ the extras the deluxe adds.

Yeah for only 1k more...easy decision.

#963 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Yes you will. Joe is on it.
Congrats

Thanks Vino.

#964 2 years ago

Thanks for the info.

Cointaker is a American pinball distro!

#965 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Cointaker is a American pinball distro!

too late now.....will spread my funds around..

#966 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No pricing has been released on the standard - Classic version. So unknown what the price difference will be.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agree with chuckwurt, that would not be great for my wallet either.
But Classic pricing is unknown for now so it will be wait and see....

#967 2 years ago

Just a reminder: American Pinball open house Wednesday October 27 and American Pinball seminar at Pinball Expo Thursday at 7:00pm.

2C00229D-899E-4250-AFE0-93D46EEB2AF5 (resized).jpeg2C00229D-899E-4250-AFE0-93D46EEB2AF5 (resized).jpegD3FFF359-1094-4691-85F0-B3B7E9FDEDF2 (resized).jpegD3FFF359-1094-4691-85F0-B3B7E9FDEDF2 (resized).jpeg
#968 2 years ago

Is there an official LoV owners thread?
I will own one in 2022, but with a Godzilla, and Halloween coming, I don't have the space. If my wife finds out LoV is coming out, I'll have to move to the garage...so shhhhhh!!

For those on the fence about AP's construction or support...pffft they are awesome and grab yourself an LoV or any of their games.

Congrats AP

#969 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Is there an official LoV owners thread?
I will own one in 2022, but with a Godzilla, and Halloween coming, I don't have the space.

Same here. Looks fun and I love AP, but this is bad timing for me with my GZ LE due soon and Halloween probably late winter/early spring 2022. Anyone need yard work done?

#970 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

No pricing has been released on the standard - Classic version. So unknown what the price difference will be.

Agree with chuckwurt, that would not be great for my wallet either.
But Classic pricing is unknown for now so it will be wait and see....

Im Just going off what was said... also a stern pro is around 7k now so I wld bet the the standard version of this pin is more than that ....so the 7395 may be about where it is at. Everything is more now so I think around 7k is where it will be especially based off the deluxe price point.

#971 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im Just going off what was said... also a stern pro is around 7k now so I wld bet the the standard version of this pin is more than that ....so the 7395 may be about where it is at. Everything is more now so I think around 7k is where it will be especially based off the deluxe price point.

May have been speculation from your source.
If it would only be a 1k difference between the Classic and Deluxe my personal opinion is they will not sell many Classic versions.

I asked Joe - Pinballstar and he indicated it is unknown what pricing for the Classic will be.

Have to wait and see what the actual price will be. It might be some time before AP decides what the price will be for the Classic.

#972 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Quoted from bigd1979:

I planned on this being my next purchase. I've had a few folks tell me their distro said $7,400. That's a $1k jump from Hot Wheels with no license fee. I'd be out at that point. I hope the rumors are not true.

#973 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I planned on this being my next purchase. I've had a few folks tell me their distro said $7,400. That's a $1k jump from Hot Wheels with no license fee. I'd be out at that point. I hope the rumors are not true.

Why does the license fee matter? Houdini is 7k and Oktoberfest is 7400. I’d assume they price it by all in cost plus margin.

Hot wheels was fun but not much in that pin

1983065C-D4CE-47E7-A908-06B3C28F7BEE (resized).png1983065C-D4CE-47E7-A908-06B3C28F7BEE (resized).png
#974 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I'm with you on that. I heavily anticipated AP's next game. Big supporter of AP. I bought new Houdini, Oktoberfest and Hot Wheels.

I would like to be in on LOV but my interest would be in a Classic version - and yes it would need to be more in the pricing territory of Hot Wheels.

I would be out if pricing rumors for Classic hold any water.

#975 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Why does the license fee matter? Houdini is 7k and Oktoberfest is 7400. I’d assume they price it by all in cost plus margin.
Hot wheels was fun but not much in that pin [quoted image]

Comparing LOV to Houdini or Oktoberfest isn’t apples to apples. Way more in those games. Comparing LOV to Hot Wheels is a better comparison imo.

The difference between Hot Wheels and LOV is licensed compared to unlicensed really.

#976 2 years ago

Jackbar Revealed the game yesterday. It's super fun. Definitely their best shooter to date. A lot of people played it all day long, and the reviews were overwhelmingly enthusiastic. Including from myself. I don't even have any real interest in the theme, as it stands alone. But it didn't matter. Keep in mind, I don't praise every new game we get. Anyone who knows me personally will attest to that. This one is a winner, IMHO. Not to mention, once again, fantastic build quality...
image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpeg

#977 2 years ago

Wow you got the whole ap team to sign the game! Glad you enjoyed playing it. Thanks for your comments.

Quoted from bigehrl:

Jackbar Revealed the game yesterday. It's super fun. Definitely their best shooter to date. A lot of people played it all day long, and the reviews were overwhelmingly enthusiastic. Including from myself. I don't even have any real interest in the theme, as it stands alone. But it didn't matter. Keep in mind, I don't praise every new game we get. Anyone who knows me personally will attest to that. This one is a winner, IMHO. Not to mention, once again, fantastic build quality...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#978 2 years ago

Quick Question Did anyone get this in the mail yet? Let me know.

Cheers
David Fix

PGJ Mag (resized).jpegPGJ Mag (resized).jpegPGJ Mag PG2 (resized).jpegPGJ Mag PG2 (resized).jpeg
#979 2 years ago

I didn’t think they did anything but the calendar? I haven’t seen this.

#980 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Comparing LOV to Houdini or Oktoberfest isn’t apples to apples. Way more in those games. Comparing LOV to Hot Wheels is a better comparison imo.
The difference between Hot Wheels and LOV is licensed compared to unlicensed really.

Agree with Chuckwurt

#981 2 years ago

Hot Wheels would be a closer comparison to the LOV I would think. With Hot Wheels being licensed the biggest difference ? Maybe more bom parts in the LOV ?

Houdini and Oktoberfest are a bigger difference I would think

#982 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So do you think the BOM cost for hw and lov is the same? I assume you’ve payed/seen both. I haven’t, I’ve only owned hot wheels and played the others. I don’t know what’s in lov but my point is still it’s all in cost plus margin. It’s the reason AP has different pricing for these titles is why i put that. I’m not comparing it to another title specific besides bringing up the point hot wheels didn’t have much so I see why it’s cheaper. License vs non license doesnt drive the price as much

#983 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

So do you think the BOM cost for hw and lov is the same? I assume you’ve payed/seen both. I haven’t, I’ve only owned hot wheels and played the others. I don’t know what’s in lov but my point is still it’s all in cost plus margin. It’s the reason AP has different pricing for these titles is why i put that. I’m not comparing it to another title specific besides bringing up the point hot wheels didn’t have much so I see why it’s cheaper. License vs non license doesnt drive the price as much

I would honestly think that Hot Wheels cost more than LOV to make. This ignores the overall increase in parts pricing from supply chain issues.

That’s the beauty of this game. They made something that’s very fun and it has nothing in it in terms of toys/mechs.

#984 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would honestly think that Hot Wheels cost more than LOV to make. This ignores the overall increase in parts pricing from supply chain issues.
That’s the beauty of this game. They made something that’s very fun and it has nothing in it in terms of toys/mechs.

And you need to add to the LOV BOM that 2 companies are making it and need to be paid unlike Houdini. API and Riot. All that creative work wasn’t a donation of kindness.

#985 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Cool, It would be hard for me to turn down if they do price it mid 6s. They make a quality pin.

#986 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And you need to add to the LOV BOM that 2 companies are making it and need to be paid unlike Houdini. API and Riot. All that creative work wasn’t a donation of kindness.

I’m purely speaking from a nuts and bolts standpoint. Materials. You’re absolutely right.

#987 2 years ago

Its great to see so much excitement for a non-Stern and non-licensed game and I want to see more, but the LOV art is still...lacking. Given the Kaneda interview, I expected a big step forward with the art.

#989 2 years ago

The music alone makes me want it!!!

#990 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The music alone makes me want it!!!

Did you play one of these? Would love to hear more about the callouts and music. Impossible to hear the one on stream yesterday.

#991 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you play one of these? Would love to hear more about the callouts and music. Impossible to hear the one on stream yesterday.

No just on the stream posted above, the SDTM stream.

#992 2 years ago

I played one and the music is epic

#993 2 years ago

Here is one of the 23 tracks from two steps from hell. Picture this: You just battled a bunch of legends, collected weapons and took the war to sea, survived a rampage, battled ODIN and this is the end of game music!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

#995 2 years ago

Any videos pop up yet of someone playing it with the new music going?

#996 2 years ago

Jack Danger will be streaming the game with a special guest Tuesday night at 7PM EST on his twitch channel.
I'm sure you'll hear the music when he streams the game.

Any videos pop up yet of someone playing it with the new music going?

#997 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Jack Danger will be streaming the game with a special guest Tuesday night at 7PM EST on his twitch channel.
I'm sure you'll hear the music when he streams the game.

Thank you! Curious if all 23 tracks were in the prototype version or is this an add for the production run?

#998 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The art is fantastic.

Again, appreciate the enthusiasm but this doesn't look professional-grade. Terrific for a homebrew, but expect more for a mass-produced game costing $8k+.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#999 2 years ago

That sculpt doesn’t look good. The art on the cabinet and the playfield does. It’s great. Glad I’m not too picky I guess.

#1000 2 years ago
Quoted from HooperTriplett:

Again, appreciate the enthusiasm but this doesn't look professional-grade. Terrific for a homebrew, but expect more for a mass-produced game costing $8k+.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah it looks rough. If Stern released this would you guys be praising the artwork and the Odin sculpt and paint application? I honestly don’t think you would or think $8300 plus shipping and tax where applicable. This is not a step forward for them in my opinion, especially after GZ just released. GZ pro is an awesome game especially for $6600. You can still buy all of AP’s games and the resale market on them is not that good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 8,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/20?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.