IMG_1667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 94.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I don't get this whole hunger for thirty years ago thing some people have here.
Jaws would sell out in minutes, a 45 year old movie that wasn't very good to begin with? Why has no-one made one then?
I don't listen to the music i listened to when i was 18. Music has moved on and there are new sounds.
I have no idea what themes would sell and certainly don't profess to know others thoughts or what they'd go rabid for, who is rabid for things anyway? I go for theme integration and execution more than theme, hate the walking dead tv shows, love the pinny. Hate GnR the band, like the pinny. No interest in Rob Zombie, love the pinny....see a connection here?
You guys can play your wishing games, i'd like an Assassins' Creed pinball, but i wouldn't try to make my wishes more important by including a petition of people i don't know who are 'rabid' for it is all.
And please jgc, no more boring long PM justifications.

I love the classics, that's all, and I still listen to the music that I listened to at 18 from time to time

#802 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I love the classics, that's all, and I still listen to the music that I listened to at 18 from time to time

I find it hard to believe that anyone doesn't really listen to the music they did when 18 at least occasionally. Doesn't mean you don't listen to other / newer stuff too.

#803 2 years ago

Well Pink Floyd was my thing as a kid. And no, although i own all their decent albums i don't play them. Neither do i play Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath or many of the others.

May hear one of their songs now and then when listening to spotify, but not often.

Sorry you find this hard to believe. I do know some people are different and find it hard to understand. I have a mate who doesn't listen to anything but 80's hit's.
He's not stupid, just found something he likes and said 'well that's good, i'm not going hunting any further'.
I don't get it, but that's him.

I just resent when people justify their views by including a host of assumed backing.

#804 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I don't get this whole hunger for thirty years ago thing some people have here.
Jaws would sell out in minutes, a 45 year old movie that wasn't very good to begin with? Why has no-one made one then?
I don't listen to the music i listened to when i was 18. Music has moved on and there are new sounds.
I have no idea what themes would sell and certainly don't profess to know others thoughts or what they'd go rabid for, who is rabid for things anyway? I go for theme integration and execution more than theme, hate the walking dead tv shows, love the pinny. Hate GnR the band, like the pinny. No interest in Rob Zombie, love the pinny....see a connection here?
You guys can play your wishing games, i'd like an Assassins' Creed pinball, but i wouldn't try to make my wishes more important by including a petition of people i don't know who are 'rabid' for it is all.
And please jgc, no more boring long PM justifications.

Dude, there is something seriously wrong with you. OK, I won't bother PMing you to tell you how wrong you are. I'll just let your ignorance speak for itself.

#805 2 years ago

Something seriously wrong with me because i don't agree with you?

giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif

#806 2 years ago

If Magic Girl proves anything, it's that art can sell a pin. Hoping for improved (killer) art on LOV.

Hoping the price keeps nestling in between a Stern Pro & Premium too.

#807 2 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

OMG what a great suggestion. Would be hilarious. Killer songs and visuals, call outs. I think that has gone into my top 5 dream themes along with Van Halen,
Journey, BTTF, Kill Bill and The Three Amigos....

While they are a great band, no way I really ever need to hear their songs again, much less pay for the privelige. .

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

If Magic Girl proves anything, it's that art can sell a pin. Hoping for improved (killer) art on LOV.
Hoping the price keeps nestling in between a Stern Pro & Premium too.

I wonder if AP "owns" any of JPOPs designed pins from the short time he was stinking up the place.

#809 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I’ll add another few to the list:
Back To The Future
The Matrix
Futurama
Harry Potter
Pink Floyd
Grateful Dead
A Nightmare On Elm Street
Disney World / Disneyland theme parks under glass
Zombie Land
Princess Bride
Monster Squad

Futurama.

Make it so.

FE556E6B-966A-4570-AFA9-33291151F055.jpegFE556E6B-966A-4570-AFA9-33291151F055.jpeg
#810 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Futurama.
Make it so.
[quoted image]

Don’t I wish…

#811 2 years ago

For a video game theme
Assassins Creed

#812 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

For a video game theme
Assassins Creed

That IS one i've often thought and said would be a great theme. I don't play video games, but read a book and saw the movie and think the storyline would make a great pinball. Often thought about retheming a hobbit to do it.

Not me of course, but i'd buy a rethemed hobbit as Assassins' Creed for sure. Or a new pin. Wide body please.

#813 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Futurama.
Make it so.
[quoted image]

LE would be an instant sell out , but aren’t they all ? I’d be in day one !

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

All I know is video game licenses are very untapped. Resident Evil alone would do very well. I say base it on Resident Evil 2 so you can do a post launch patch with a Nemesis Resident Evil 3 mode.

What's great about video game license is that it comes with video, sound, and story already baked in. Bring it on.

@,punkin gnr and Rob/white zombie are 30 years ago. Also I played the first Assassins creed how many years ago? I was hoping AP's next game was gonna be Assassins creed Valhalla and legends of Valhalla was a code name
Old stuff sells. Not many themes I can think of that I'd want that are less than 5 years old and if there were I bet their roots could be traced back decades.

Once again just my take on things. Everyone else may think differently for all I know.

#815 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

What's great about video game license is that it comes with video, sound, and story already baked in. Bring it on.
@,punkin gnr and Rob/white zombie are 30 years ago. Also I played the first Assassins creed how many years ago? I was hoping AP's next game was gonna be Assassins creed Valhalla and legends of Valhalla was a code name
Old stuff sells. Not many themes I can think of that I'd want that are less than 5 years old and if there were I bet their roots could be traced back decades.
Once again just my take on things. Everyone else may think differently for all I know.

I understand, but as i said, i would never be pumped for either of those themes. I like the way the pinball integrates with the themes and the way that the games play. Really i could care less about themes, so long as the game is fun. I'd never buy a game on theme alone and don't get the whole insta buy thing.

A mate of mine just ordered a godzilla LE. Didn't see game play or reveal pics, ordered on rumour. I'm just not that guy.

And i don't think a licensed theme is all that important, fuck i've got a Taxi. Great game and really hard to beat, but based on a taxi? Game is well integrated, rules are clear and easy to pick up and it's just plain fun. My P3 is on it's way and comes with 8 games, not a single license among them.

#816 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I understand, but as i said, i would never be pumped for either of those themes. I like the way the pinball integrates with the themes and the way that the games play. Really i could care less about themes, so long as the game is fun. I'd never buy a game on theme alone and don't get the whole insta buy thing.
A mate of mine just ordered a godzilla LE. Didn't see game play or reveal pics, ordered on rumour. I'm just not that guy.
And i don't think a licensed theme is all that important, fuck i've got a Taxi. Great game and really hard to beat, but based on a taxi? Game is well integrated, rules are clear and easy to pick up and it's just plain fun. My P3 is on it's way and comes with 8 games, not a single license among them.

Thing is, he will have no problem selling if he doesn't like, so why not.

#817 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thing is, he will have no problem selling if he doesn't like, so why not.

Sure, i'm not saying anyone's wrong, just saying it ain't me.

#818 2 years ago

BIG TROUBLE in little CHiNA TOWN

#819 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I’ll add another few to the list:
Back To The Future
The Matrix
Futurama
Harry Potter
Pink Floyd
Grateful Dead
A Nightmare On Elm Street
Disney World / Disneyland theme parks under glass
Zombie Land
Princess Bride
Monster Squad

+1 for Zombieland.

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

...I don't listen to the music i listened to when i was 18. Music has moved on and there are new sounds...

And you have AS and GNR in your lineup now? And owned a Tommy Pinball Wizard in the past?

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

All I know is video game licenses are very untapped. Resident Evil alone would do very well. I say base it on Resident Evil 2 so you can do a post launch patch with a Nemesis Resident Evil 3 mode.

I still say a Dragon's Lair pinball especially now that most modern games come with LCD screens would be perfect to guide Dirk through the caverns below with partial use of the flippers (Left / Right) and maybe lock down bar button as the "sword". If you needed other controls Up / Down perhaps a touch screen on the lock down bar ?

#822 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

And you have AS and GNR in your lineup now? And owned a Tommy Pinball Wizard in the past?

I can keep saying the same thing and some people can't understand the simple sentences.

I don't care for theme's in pinball machines.

I only care that the theme is well integrated and fun.

I never listened to GnR or Aerosmith in my youth, disliked both bands. I own the pinball machines because they are good machines.

NotThatMuchOfABrainExersizeIsItPunkin

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I still say a Dragon's Lair pinball especially now that most modern games come with LCD screens would be perfect to guide Dirk through the caverns below with partial use of the flippers (Left / Right) and maybe lock down bar button as the "sword". If you needed other controls Up / Down perhaps a touch screen on the lock down bar ?

I'm not very creative, but Dragons Lair lends itself to pinball like no other.

#824 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'm not very creative, but Dragons Lair lends itself to pinball like no other.

You never know Dead Pool is well received (both the movie & the pin) with Ryan Reynolds , who will star as Dirk in the upcoming NetFlix "live" adaptation of Dragon's Lair.

#825 2 years ago

Notice no one, I mean no one, has Sherlock Holmes on their most wanted listed. Such a stupid idea for a theme.

#826 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I can keep saying the same thing and some people can't understand the simple sentences.
I don't care for theme's in pinball machines.
I only care that the theme is well integrated and fun.
I never listened to GnR or Aerosmith in my youth, disliked both bands. I own the pinball machines because they are good machines.
NotThatMuchOfABrainExersizeIsItPunkin

I sure wouldn't own a music pin if I dislike the music, regardless of how well the theme is integrated. Same with a movie pin. Glad you like the pins tho. AS is a fun pin and the artwork is hard to beat.

ItWasASimpleQuestionNoNeedToGetPissyOverIt.

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Futurama.
Make it so.
[quoted image]

Quoted from zahner:

Don’t I wish…

Artwork. . .Check
Fun and smartass call outs. . .check
Modes, pick an episode or 12. . .check
AP with a decent build and not chintzy (ramps, toys, full color) = check
Nordman with fun flowy ramps and good toys to his name=check

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#828 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Notice no one, I mean no one, has Sherlock Holmes on their most wanted listed. Such a stupid idea for a theme.

No, there is at least one person that would like to see a Sherlock Holmes pin - me. There probably are some others.

I think it would be great sitting next to Houdini... I wouldn't mind seeing a run of Sherlock Holmes after LOV.

LOV is what we will see next from AP. After that who knows ...

#829 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

No, there is at least one person that would like to see a Sherlock Holmes pin - me. There probably are some others.
I think it would be great sitting next to Houdini... I wouldn't mind seeing a run of Sherlock Holmes after LOV.
LOV is what we will see next from AP. After that who knows ...

Yup. I’d love a Sherlock Holmes pin, but I prefer LOV more. Both would be fantastic!

#830 2 years ago

As I've said, Jack the Ripper would make a way better pin if you were going with a Victorian investigator theme. Or Van Helsing. Paying 7k + for Sherlock Holmes is not going to happen but it does sound better than Toy Story. Another title no one asked for.

#831 2 years ago

Toy story is amazing. I’m absolutely asking for it. Haha.

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

As I've said, Jack the Ripper would make a way better pin if you were going with a Victorian investigator theme. Or Van Helsing. Paying 7k + for Sherlock Holmes is not going to happen but it does sound better than Toy Story. Another title no one asked for.

If done properly, I'd say a Jack the Ripper pin would be too dark for AP. That would be something Spooky would be better suited for. But Van Helsing...yeah, I could see AP doing that one. It'd definitely be cool.

#833 2 years ago

What if spooky and AP teamed up…. Spooky released Jack the Ripper and AP released Sherlock Homes. The in game Features and coding would complement each other and players would get to decide basically which team of the adventure they wanted to be on

#834 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

What if spooky and AP teamed up…. Spooky released Jack the Ripper and AP released Sherlock Homes. The in game Features and coding would complement each other and players would get to decide basically which team of the adventure they wanted to be on

That would be awesome. I don't see it happening, but I'd be all in if they did.

#835 2 years ago

David Fix on Kaneda today - just firing it up so not sure if there's news, but thought it might be of interest to the group here.

#836 2 years ago

New game to be at expo or maybe out before hand.

#837 2 years ago

Sherlock Holmes is simply one of the most well know characters ever created, even kids know who and what carrer Holmes is famous for.

I've read all the original stories, dozens of pastiche novels.
Jeremy Brett's Holmes was my favorite adaptation..
The modern Cumberbatch version is alot of fun also.

If done well, a Sherlock pin could be amazing.

#838 2 years ago

My guess is we see a Nordman game with a non-licensed title before we see Sherlock Holmes. My guess could be really wrong though because Dennis is batting 0.0 for getting his games produced at the last several places he's been but I'm hoping AP breaks that dry spell for him!

#839 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yep i'm talking about them. I've watched and own the kill Bill movies, but who'd want a pinnie of them?

I know I’m behind and just catching up to this thread, but your comment about a Kill Bill themed pin is baffling. Isn’t your avatar Gogo Yubari from Kill Bill?!?!?

Anyway, Kill Bill would definitely be a top 3 theme for me.

#840 2 years ago

Why is it so hard to understand that my interest in pinball is based on fun, not theme?

Kill Bill is a good film. Doesn't mean it would be a fun pinball machine.

The Walking dead is a fun pinball machine. the TV series is absolute shit.

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Why is it so hard to understand that my interest in pinball is based on fun, not theme?
Kill Bill is a good film. Doesn't mean it would be a fun pinball machine.
The Walking dead is a fun pinball machine. the TV series is absolute shit.

Okay, in general, I agree that too much emphasis is placed on theme, and a pin can be great with a bad theme and vice versa.

One can always hope for a favorite theme to also end up being a great playing pin. At least that’s what I hope for with each new release.

#842 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

If done well, a Sherlock pin could be amazing.

Sounds like your an expert. How would a pinball game in the theme of Sherlock Holmes be done well in order to be amazing? I havnt read all the books or seen every movie. I am most familiar with the hounds of the Baskervilles, yawn. I just keep picturing a game like who dunnit. Sherlock Holmes is fictional unlike Houdini.

#843 2 years ago

Murder mystery theme game.
Sherlock Holmes or Scooby Doo?
I wish there was a vote button.

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Toy story is amazing. I’m absolutely asking for it. Haha.

I'll be over when you order it. We can both sing Randy Newman's "you got a friend in me" over and over and over while we play....

#845 2 years ago

InstaBuy!!

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzL2U3OTFjMjg2LTliYmQtNDhhNy04NmZlLTc1YWJjMzIwYjQ1MS53ZWJw (resized).jpgems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzL2U3OTFjMjg2LTliYmQtNDhhNy04NmZlLTc1YWJjMzIwYjQ1MS53ZWJw (resized).jpg
#846 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I'll be over when you order it. We can both sing Randy Newman's "you got a friend in me" over and over and over while we play....

Literally plays once during the movie for like a minute. I can see why you don’t like it though. Everyone that is in their mid 30s has seen this movie like 200 times.

#847 2 years ago

I think it took some leadership courage for David Fix to go on Kaneda, but it was a very good interview and a great listen if you are a fan of this company. Good stuff coming soon!

#848 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

I think it took some leadership courage for David Fix to go on Kaneda, but it was a very good interview and a great listen if you are a fan of this company. Good stuff coming soon!

It was a good interview. David did great. He was forthright about the company mistakes. Based on what I heard he put together a great team and AP is heading in a great direction.

The whole idea of them selling mods for hot wheels which would change game play would be cool.

#849 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

It was a good interview. David did great. He was forthright about the company mistakes. Based on what I heard he put together a great team and AP is heading in a great direction.
The whole idea of them selling mods for hot wheels which would change game play would be cool.

Selling mods? Like DLC?

#850 2 years ago

Sounds like physical mods

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,399.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/17?hl=benb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.