IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
biff (resized).jpg
There are 4,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 94.
#501 2 years ago

Quoted from brenna98:Nope. That was Ryan’s Okto. I did meet the new owner on Friday when he picked it up.
You can see in my latest video that was recorded and released Friday, that I still have all 3 AP games and space for #4

Hurry up Dave and set up your #4 AP Pin and post a pic

#502 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Hurry up Dave and set up your #4 AP Pin and post a pic

My thoughts exactly! We’re anxious.

#503 2 years ago

It'd be a great reveal.

#504 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Nope. That was Ryan’s Okto. I did meet the new owner on Friday when he picked it up.

It was a huge pleasure and honor to meet both you and Ryan Friday - love the game!!!!!!

#505 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Nope. That was Ryan’s Okto. I did meet the new owner on Friday when he picked it up.
You can see in my latest video that was recorded and released Friday, that I still have all 3 AP games and space for #4

Ahhh, ok. Thanks dave.

#506 2 years ago

I thought it was most excellent when looking at the "games coming to the show" list for Southern Fried Gameroom Expo and seeing "American Pinball 4th game" listed as one of the games to be present at the show

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I thought it was most excellent when looking at the "games coming to the show" list for Southern Fried Gameroom Expo and seeing "American Pinball 4th game" listed as one of the games to be present at the show

woot woot! SFGE is Fri, Aug 20, 2021 – Sun, Aug 22, 2021

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

That is awesome news!

#510 2 years ago

Looking forward to #4.

20210621_195324 (resized).jpg20210621_195324 (resized).jpg
#511 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Looking forward to #4.
[quoted image]

Of the three, do you have a favorite?

#512 2 years ago

Was going to ask the same question. And in addition, what type of games are they? Long playing Hobbit style, brutal fast TWD style etc?

#513 2 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

Kind of like asking Which one of your Kids is your favorite ?

#514 2 years ago

More of asking which one of your kids are good at different things. I can certainly pick my favourite machines out of a lineup though. Always tell my grandkids they are my favourite. Then another one will pipe up and say 'But you said i was your favourite!'
My answer always is 'You are'.

#515 2 years ago

Really looking forward to this next game to see what it is. I've had Houdini and Oktoberfest on-loan here in the past and liked both of them. To me Oktoberfest was more fun even though I haven't drank a single beer in 30 years. I haven't tried Hot Wheels yet but I hear good things from people who have played it.

#516 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Was going to ask the same question. And in addition, what type of games are they? Long playing Hobbit style, brutal fast TWD style etc?

they are all long players. Houdini and Oktoberfest are games that are easy to live, hard to prosper games.

Hot wheels is much easier to make shots so it’s more about going after all the risk/reward it offers.

The other two it’s hard enough to make shots let alone go after lots of strategies.

I enjoy all of them.

#517 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I haven't drank a single beer in 30 years.

2+sad+5+me+_9e16dba5a3606333c340648f5d58ba25 (resized).jpg2+sad+5+me+_9e16dba5a3606333c340648f5d58ba25 (resized).jpg

#518 2 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

It really depends what kind of mood I'm in. I probably put the most time on Oktoberfest, but that is because I can get a really long game out of it. Houdini and Oktoberfest are similar with tons of modes and with lots of different strategies. I love them both. Hotwheels is noticeably different in that at its surface it plays fun and fast, but it is deceptively deep. I love how dangerous the rpm targets are and getting to 5th gear is no joke. Hotwheels story is silly and and fun for everyone who plays it. If I want a quick game I usually play Hotwheels.

I am still figuring out Houdini. I have a unique perspective as I bought these pins in reverse order. My first was Hotwheels, then Oktoberfest, and Houdini last. So I haven't spent enough time with it to give an honest opinion. All I can say is a few shots are very challenging and very rewarding, and completing modes are somewhat difficult for me. I can't get enough of locking a ball in the trunk though.

Right now I'd have to say I enjoy Oktoberfest the most because of its challenging ramp shots, it's funny and quirky call outs, and it feels very rewarding to play.

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

It really depends what kind of mood I'm in. I probably put the most time on Oktoberfest, but that is because I can get a really long game out of it. Houdini and Oktoberfest are similar with tons of modes and with lots of different strategies. I love them both. Hotwheels is noticeably different in that at its surface it plays fun and fast, but it is deceptively deep. I love how dangerous the rpm targets are and getting to 5th gear is no joke. Hotwheels story is silly and and fun for everyone who plays it. If I want a quick game I usually play Hotwheels.
I am still figuring out Houdini. I have a unique perspective as I bought these pins in reverse order. My first was Hotwheels, then Oktoberfest, and Houdini last. So I haven't spent enough time with it to give an honest opinion. All I can say is a few shots are very challenging and very rewarding, and completing modes are somewhat difficult for me. I can't get enough of locking a ball in the trunk though.
Right now I'd have to say I enjoy Oktoberfest the most because of its challenging ramp shots, it's funny and quirky call outs, and it feels very rewarding to play.

Highgate? Can we be friends?

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Highgate? Can we be friends?

We already are. I bought a baywatch from you I think.

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Very cool!! I’ll have to make the trip to Atlanta!! Definitely want to play the next title

#522 2 years ago
SmartSelect_20210625-081901_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20210625-081901_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpg
#523 2 years ago

Hey AP are we getting closer yet ?

Hope it is very soon

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Hey AP are we getting closer yet ?
Hope it is very soon

In the very least we’ll know by August because AP reserved a spot at Southern Fried Gaming for their 4th game.

#525 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

In the very least we’ll know by August because AP reserved a spot at Southern Fried Gaming for their 4th game.

That’s been taken down. Looks like there was a miscommunication.

#526 2 years ago

As of now, AP game 4 will not be at SFGE (of course all things are subject to change)

Per Michael Grant: “To clarify, the listing of 'AP's 4th Game' was not supposed to be published on the SFGE website. It has not been confirmed by AP that the game will be there. This was a miscommunication with SFGE. The listing has since been removed. We will release more info at the appropriate time about the next game. The team is hard at work for the next game.”

I was really looking forward to playing the new title. Hopefully the game will be available soon and possibly still be able to be at SFGE, we will have more info available soon.

#527 2 years ago

If my memory serves me correctly, I understood that there would be no announcement until games are getting in the box and ready to ship.

Hopefully that's not too far off.

#528 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

As of now, AP game 4 will not be at SFGE (of course all things are subject to change)
Per Michael Grant: “To clarify, the listing of 'AP's 4th Game' was not supposed to be published on the SFGE website. It has not been confirmed by AP that the game will be there. This was a miscommunication with SFGE. The listing has since been removed. We will release more info at the appropriate time about the next game. The team is hard at work for the next game.”
I was really looking forward to playing the new title. Hopefully the game will be available soon and possibly still be able to be at SFGE, we will have more info available soon.

Thanks for letting us know. I was not aware of the correction…and, damn, what a disappointment! I’m excited about Spooky’s reveal today, but only as an observer. I’m not into Halloween enough to want to buy the game. I’m anxious to play it though. So all my interest in an upcoming purchase rests with AP. Anxious to see what they deliver and when they do it.

#529 2 years ago

Thanks for letting us know. I was not aware of the correction…and, damn, what a disappointment! I’m excited about Spooky’s reveal today, but only as an observer. I’m not into Halloween enough to want to buy the game. I’m anxious to play it though. So all my interest in an upcoming purchase rests with AP. Anxious to see what they deliver and when they do it.

Hard same. Holding out hope for LoV...would be tough to pass up.

#530 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Hard same. Holding out hope for LoV...would be tough to pass up.

I was hoping for a nice License so American can have a breakout game. To me this is a company that has the right formula except for themes at this point. The recent rumor I heard was the next theme is a video game that no one has ever heard of and then hopefully a BIG license after that. So that rumor would fall in line with a possibility for LoV. I like to think of myself as pretty well in tune, but I have never heard of it and had to look it up.

#531 2 years ago

Whatever it is hope it's revealed soon. Pretty close (within a few days ) to 1 year since I unboxed Hot Wheels. Let's see game #4 !

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Whatever it is hope it's revealed soon.

With the changes made and plans for the future. It may take a bit to get rolling. But once they do, Dennis and company will be on a roll.

LTG : )

#533 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I was hoping for a nice License so American can have a breakout game. To me this is a company that has the right formula except for themes at this point. The recent rumor I heard was the next theme is a video game that no one has ever heard of and then hopefully a BIG license after that. So that rumor would fall in line with a possibility for LoV. I like to think of myself as pretty well in tune, but I have never heard of it and had to look it up.

Didn't know LoV was a video game and I'm not sure Riot's version is modeled after it, but the videos I've watched of the small run of pins are super impressive. Great layout, tons of modes, excellent lighting, cool toys. Would absolutely love to see it get made and would hope the community would gobble it up regardless of license.

#534 2 years ago

Lov is an original game, there is no video game. Thanks for your interest!

Quoted from onemilemore:

Didn't know LoV was a video game and I'm not sure Riot's version is modeled after it, but the videos I've watched of the small run of pins are super impressive. Great layout, tons of modes, excellent lighting, cool toys. Would absolutely love to see it get made and would hope the community would gobble it up regardless of license.

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Lov is an original game, there is no video game. Thanks for your interest!

Thanks for clarifying! Fingers crossed it will be an original game that I can purchase sometime soon.

#536 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

With the changes made and plans for the future. It may take a bit to get rolling. But once they do, Dennis and company will be on a roll.
LTG : )

I have a feeling that AP is a company that everyone wants to buy from. They have solid products, great rulesets, fun layouts, and they pack their games and charge fair prices. The next game could be the one that blows this company up (in a good way).

#537 2 years ago

I have a feeling that AP is a company that everyone wants to buy from. They have solid products, great rulesets, fun layouts, and they pack their games and charge fair prices. The next game could be the one that blows this company up (in a good way).

I've got Houdini and Oktoberfest and will definitely keep API in mind for future games.

#538 2 years ago

There are always haters out there but it's hard to argue that Theme is more important in pinball now than it's ever been. The other biggest complaint has been art / display animations. I never saw that as too much of problem with APs games as it kinda fits the themes so far but if they do pull in a big license that will be a point that needs to be focused on, of course a theme usually brings a ton of assets to help (while also potentially hindering) in that department. If the game is LOV I think the existing artwork and animations will have been a very, very solid starting point for them. Very much looking forward to the reveal!

#539 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

There are always haters out there but it's hard to argue that Theme is more important in pinball now than it's ever been. The other biggest complaint has been art / display animations. I never saw that as too much of problem with APs games as it kinda fits the themes so far but if they do pull in a big license that will be a point that needs to be focused on, of course a theme usually brings a ton of assets to help (while also potentially hindering) in that department. If the game is LOV I think the existing artwork and animations will have been a very, very solid starting point for them. Very much looking forward to the reveal!

Yeah, the playfield artwork on LoV is pretty tremendous, but as I recall most of the LCD animations are just stills. If they can beef up some of that, and maybe enhance some of the storytelling and voicework, it'll be a jam I think. The mechs and layout are there.

#540 2 years ago

Yeah. Stills for sure. Not really animations right now. If they beef that up as well as the music and callouts, look out.

#541 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. Stills for sure. Not really animations right now. If they beef that up as well as the music and callouts, look out.

Word. Just rewatched your stream last night. Really nice mix of flow and approachable shots, but plenty of challenge in hitting some targets/mode start shots and then variety in what you need to accomplish. And those magnets! If they don't skimp on the mechs (if this is even getting produced by AP) and market it well enough then yeah, could be a hit.

#542 2 years ago

Best use of magnets I’ve ever seen in a game. For sure.

#543 2 years ago

Please mr AP tell me the next game, I have this money and it’s burning a hole in my pocket. I don’t want to make a mistake and buy my next machine and then you release a cracker….

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

Please mr AP tell me the next game, I have this money and it’s burning a hole in my pocket. I don’t want to make a mistake and buy my next machine and then you release a cracker….

Well, they clearly won’t tell us before they’re ready to. What I’m doing (and my advice to you) is holding off buying anything until AP makes their announcement. I have to think it will be coming within the next month or two. If their 4th game is a theme I love I’ll jump on it. If it’s not then I’ll start looking elsewhere. Anyway, that’s my plan.

#545 2 years ago

Well, they clearly won’t tell us before they’re ready to. What I’m doing (and my advice to you) is holding off buying anything until AP makes their announcement. I have to think it will be coming within the next month or two. If their 4th game is a theme I love I’ll jump on it. If it’s not then I’ll start looking elsewhere. Anyway, that’s my plan.

+1 and also would suggest for AP - and all manufacturers - watch the videos and more importantly please try to play the game before you buy it. I know it gets beaten to death that statement but it really is true and can keep you from getting buyer's remorse later on .

This is a year of wonderful game releases (well so is every year ) and for those of us limited by space and money - it really pays to go through the process thoughtfully.

#546 2 years ago

AP is kind of in a lucky spot right now. You can't get anything NIB anywhere. You can put yourself on a list for Mando or TBL or Alien or GnR, but you can't go out and buy any of these games right now, so a lot of people's money is on hold for the time being.

The other side of that, however, is that Spooky, CGC, and Stern may be out with a new game right at the same time that AP is ready with theirs. Tons of competition and it's pretty much a race to see who can deliver the best one first. You definitely don't want to be fourth in this race.

#547 2 years ago

Agree - timing is pretty good for AP to make a new release...

Side note : It's one year ago today that I unboxed My Hot Wheels. Ready for a new AP game !

I would think they gotta be close to making it happen.

#548 2 years ago

Alright, Spooky's announced. Let's do this, AP. I'm ready for a new pin.

#549 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Alright, Spooky's announced. Let's do this, AP. I'm ready for a new pin.

Dust should settle quickly and could/should be prime time for AP to announce the Newest American Pinball Game.

Has to be getting close !

..... yup, that's 4

#550 2 years ago

Oh damn I forgot about AP!

They should do what Spooky did and give a tease, and keep releasing something every 1-2 weeks without giving it away.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,495.00
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 8,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/11?hl=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.