IMG_1667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 94.
#451 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Run-DMC (also spelled Run-D.M.C.) was an American hip hop group from Hollis, Queens, New York
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-DMC
I'll be honest though, I don't know the difference between the two.

Neither do I? I don't remember the term being used till the 90's after MTV was dead.

SmartSelect_20210603-235828_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20210603-235828_Chrome (resized).jpg
#452 2 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

Future game is rumored a hip hop theme....finally.

If this is true i’d do cartwheels .If it’s hip hop it better damn well be Run! i really like Eminem ,Snoop ,Public Enemy, tupac ,Bigie ,Dre,on n on .Run DMC is the group that gave all these cats a chance! MOI no way AP throws this out but the first Co. that does will see endless sales ,me included !

#453 2 years ago

Run DMC is the perfect choice with theme to open pinball to a whole new world!

#454 2 years ago

Bring this pin to life !!!!

93026742-063A-4C60-8E38-6621C3289341 (resized).jpeg93026742-063A-4C60-8E38-6621C3289341 (resized).jpeg
#455 2 years ago

Hip hop!?!!?! Okay, I guess API will once again not be in running for my $’s.

They make good games, but really seem to be targeting small niche’s (of the pinball community) with their themes.

...and I do like me a little hip hop once in a while. Just not for a pin.

#456 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Hip hop!?!!?! Okay, I guess API will once again not be in running for my $’s.
They make good games, but really seem to be targeting small niche’s (of the pinball community) with their themes.
...and I do like me a little hip hop once in a while. Just not for a pin.

I only listen to Aussie hip hop.
As soon as i hear 'mother fucker', 'bitch', 'nigger' etc I turn it off. Can't stand the hate music and the anger.

So bands like The Herd, Bliss and Echo, Hilltop Hoods, Butterfingers, Vents, Seth Sentry and Funkoars all get a run a few times a week here.

Can't see it translating into a pin though. I think someone probably introduced this conversation for a bet.

#457 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

As soon as i hear 'mother fucker', 'bitch', 'nigger' etc I turn it off. Can't stand the hate music and the anger.

Dang! I thought those were terms of affection! .

#458 2 years ago

Run DMC is great… heck why not just go for a DEF JAM pin…. Lots of early rap… DMC, LL cool J….

I have never bought new in box. If they make a beasties pin, and it’s fun. Must buy
Just theme the whole thing like the sabotage video…. 70’s cop show throwback style…..

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Run DMC is great… heck why not just go for a DEF JAM pin…. Lots of early rap… DMC, LL cool J….
I have never bought new in box. If they make a beasties pin, and it’s fun. Must buy
Just theme the whole thing like the sabotage video…. 70’s cop show throwback style…..

well i dj'd for the def comedy jam a bit when it was on tour and i also broke many hip records in the market with my radio mix shows so. yep, def jam is good.

#460 2 years ago

If you only know Run DMC for one song you prob don't even belong in this conversation honestly.
walk this way was prob their worst song ever and it was a ploy to get rap in the crossover market, which succeeded. Rap (hip hop, urban crossover) is the most popular POP style music today.
RUn DMC was the first group to have a RAP based song on mtv (Rock Box 1984).
They had many many hits over time king of rock, rock box, jam master jay, you be illin, my adidas, peter piper, sucker mcs, its like that, jam master jammin, you're blind, and many many more. You must have slept under a rock in the 80's and 90s if you only are familiar with one song, being with aerosmith.
.lol
Peter Piper is the Number one dj battle song of all time to mix in competition.
With all of that being said, its past their time.

A Hip hop machine needs be an artist of current relevance (which it will be) to have any chance on location.

Like it or not, Rap /hip hop is the most popular music today and electronic music (labeled as TECHNO) is a close 2nd.
normal rock does not even make the top 10 anymore, sorry guys, time to be get with the times.

https://playthetunes.com/music-genre-list/

#461 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

So bands like The Herd, Bliss and Echo, Hilltop Hoods, Butterfingers, Vents, Seth Sentry and Funkoars all get a run a few times a week here.
Can't see it translating into a pin though. I think someone probably introduced this conversation for a bet.

there is plenty of american hip hop that is actually, "hip hop" not the garbage that is only mainstream. Real hip hop doesn't use terms like that in derogatory form.

#462 2 years ago

If you only know Run DMC for one song you prob don't even belong in this conversation honestly.

Depends what the conversation is. We are talking about themes for pinball so I think it's OK for any of us to chime in. If the topic was only about music and music alone, I'd definitely take a step back.

A Hip hop machine needs be an artist of current relevance (which it will be)

Oh? You know for a fact? Intriguing! This is good to know.

Like it or not, Rap /hip hop is the most popular music today and electronic music (labeled as TECHNO) is a close 2nd.
normal rock does not even make the top 10 anymore, sorry guys, time to be get with the times.
https://playthetunes.com/music-genre-list/

This is indeed true. I am a teacher by trade and in the last two calendar years I think I've met ONE student who likes rock. The rest are rap or some variation. And TRAP music? If that makes sense? I also coach and I let kids listen to music and the stuff they choose is always the same rap-type stuff.

If you're talking about location games then these types of things would do well, but most pinball sales these days are for home purchases, yes? And if you were to take the temperature of the average NIB pinball buyer, I'm more than certain that they would not be interested in rap over rock, which is why we've seen dozens of rock pins and zero rap ones.

That being said, someone has to be first into the market and I'm glad AP is the one taking that step. I'm fully invested in whatever they come out with next. If what you state is true about "current relevance", then I'm all eyes and ears!

#463 2 years ago

Hip-hop pinball is hard to imagine unless it Michael Jackson maybe Prince.

I'd love a Yelawolf pin but that ain't gonna happen.

#464 2 years ago

If it is indeed a hip hop theme, it's not happening for awhile. Word on a recent podcast is AP's next two pins are unlicensed.

One of those two has to be Legends of Valhalla it feels like, yeah?

#465 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

One of those two has to be Legends of Valhalla it feels like, yeah?

If AP’s next is Sherlock or LOV it’s a definite buy from me. I’m out on anything hip hop. I recognize the popularity of the theme and that it would probably do very well on location. But I’m 52, and rock is my music. I had a spot (at $9500) for a GNR but all the playfield issues and JJP’s DESPICABLE customer service compelled me to sell my spot. I’ll never buy JJP again so it’s all in on AP...give me a theme I’m excited about!!!!

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Bring this pin to life !!!!
[quoted image]

They did a well job of bringing the rap to rock combo. Probably my favorite rap artists. Let's not forget Rick Rubin as well.

#467 2 years ago

Would love to buy an AP game, here is to hoping it’s good

Quoted from greenhoody:

Hip-hop pinball is hard to imagine unless it Michael Jackson maybe Prince.
I'd love a Yelawolf pin but that ain't gonna happen.

hip hop is hard to imagine unless its not hip hop?

Give me a Wu Tang Clan Ninja themed pin a la Iron Maiden mummy theme

#468 2 years ago

David Fix, Mukesh Vasani and Nirmal Vasani were guests on the latest Pinball News and Pinball Magazine podcast. There was some interesting news:

-Aimtron fully owns American Pinball
-American Pinball will possibly have their own board set
-the discussion of Bader playfields
-small supply chain issue with new title, will announce as soon as it’s ready to ship
-new unlicensed title is very soon (late spring/summer 2021)
-unlicensed title this fall around Expo 2021
-licensed title in spring 2022
-licensed title in fall 2022

new games will have 2 models: Classic and Deluxe. Classic for operators and Deluxe for home owners/collectors that comes with additional bling/upgrades such as a mirror back glass. Both playfields will be the same with only small differences.

American Pinball looks to continue to improve and wants to deliver 2 games per year going forward.

Great interview if you’re a fan of American Pinall, I suggest you listen.
http://www.pinball-magazine.com/

#469 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Would love to buy an AP game, here is to hoping it’s good

hip hop is hard to imagine unless its not hip hop?
Give me a Wu Tang Clan Ninja themed pin a la Iron Maiden mummy theme

I forgot the difference between pop and hip-hop.

I could imagine a bad ass hip-hop theam if you battled east vs west like Tupac and Biggie. You could pick a side and rap battle. That would be amazing.
Let's go all out, I want drive-bys lol

#470 2 years ago

I don't know where this Hip-Hop / Rap tangent started but I seriously doubt and hope that this is even on the lomg list of themes being considered.

#471 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't know where this Hip-Hop / Rap tangent started but I seriously doubt and hope that this is even on the lomg list of themes being considered.

Someone's wish definitely does not mean it is a rumor.

I hope AP never does a music pin. More of a chance for me to want to buy an AP pin.

#472 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I hope AP never does a music pin.

There are already enough music pins out there. Also enough superhero and Star Wars games. One of the many charms (for me) of AP is their uniqueness. I love that they are doing out-of-the-mainstream pins. I know those correlate to big sales, but variety drives this hobby in the long run. I hope AP continues being original. Bring on Sherlock! Bring on Legends of Valhalla! Please!

#473 2 years ago

Let’s see a nice blend of licensees and original.

Video games just seem like such an untapped license at this point. Any big Nintendo property is nostalgia and family friendly.

And there are just massive games franchises to tap into. Red dead redemption, GTA, Minecraft, Fornite, 10 billion call of duty games, resident evil, Pong (maybe not the most exciting idea). New Halo coming… Sony has some monster IPs as well. Assassins Creed….

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Let’s see a nice blend of licensees and original.
Video games just seem like such an untapped license at this point. Any big Nintendo property is nostalgia and family friendly.
And there are just massive games franchises to tap into. Red dead redemption, GTA, Minecraft, Fornite, 10 billion call of duty games, resident evil, Pong (maybe not the most exciting idea). New Halo coming… Sony has some monster IPs as well. Assassins Creed….

and to top it off Five nights at Freddy's Security breach is coming out!

#475 2 years ago

anyone in on a fnaf table?

#476 2 years ago

Hip hop/Rap theme would be a death blow for a newer company like AP.

#477 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

If you're talking about location games then these types of things would do well, but most pinball sales these days are for home purchases,

incorrect. Operator and location sales outweigh home sales. Also, even if it were true, are you saying all home owners only want 40 to 50 year old rock based music pins if a title is indeed a music themed machine? id beg to differ.
The average age of an avid classic rock listener is now 57 years old. I owned 30 machines time i was 25. I know plenty of others who are 30 or under who have large collections. The large age range of CURRENT hip hop/rap/x-over listener ship is age 5 to 45. I used to report for labels and am still in the music field a tad. I've been on top of "who listens to what" and "who buys or downloads what" for a very very long time.

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

I
Let's go all out, I want drive-bys lol

Been done. Judge Dredd has a drive by in the game over animation. Granny jumps back out of the bushes and blasts back with a side by side.

#479 2 years ago

incorrect. Operator and location sales outweigh home sales.

I'm speaking from a position of ignorance because I'm just a guy with a laptop, but for every game I search on the pinmap, the home games out-rank the on-location games 2-1 minimum. I don't have access to sales records, just assumed if that's what I read on the pinmap then it's probably a good microcosm of sales too.

are you saying all home owners only want 40 to 50 year old rock based music pins if a title is indeed a music themed machine?

No, I'm not saying that. I said the average pinhead collector would prefer a rock pin over a rap one, not that it has to be a 40-50 year old band or anything. I'd love to see a Foo Fighters or Linkin Park pin.

#480 2 years ago

I found the podcast very informative. After listening to it I think it would be cool if they put there admiration and aspirations into a pin for the 250th anniversary of USA in 2026 as a thank you. Call it American Pinball. Great no license theme.

#481 2 years ago

Here's hoping the licensed title in 2022 is my Benny Hill pinball!
Admit it, you can here the music in your head.
Looking forward to a very non politically correct game.
Infact AP could make another division of the company.
British Pinball, with titles like Sherlock Holmes, The Who, Pink Floyd, Benny Hill, Jack the Ripper.

#482 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I found the podcast very informative. After listening to it I think it would be cool if they put there admiration and aspirations into a pin for the 250th anniversary of USA in 2026 as a thank you. Call it American Pinball. Great no license theme.

That is a brilliant idea. They can do updates of great old pin themes of fireworks, historical animations etc, etc. I will stop and not be an armchair pinball designer .

#483 2 years ago

Hey Bally did Freedom in 1976 for the 200th?

SmartSelect_20210609-012453_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20210609-012453_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpg
#484 2 years ago

And Gottlieb did Spirt of 76/Pioneer for the bicentennial. William's Liberty Bell also came out just in time for the bicentennial.

#485 2 years ago

I checked and I’m surprised no one has thrown out the possibility that it could be a Capcom Kingpin remake

Those guys need someone to build that game they’ve been slowly tinkering with.

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I checked and I’m surprised no one has thrown out the possibility that it could be a Capcom Kingpin remake

yes. on the podcast interview they even stated they'd work with others!

#487 2 years ago

I got bored and searched the USPTO for the name Kingpin and pinball as the good and service.

Illinois Pinball filed and abandoned it a few times in the 00’s

PPS filed for it 11-20-13, published for opposition 4-15-17, registered 8-25-17, and cancelled 12-7-18

Pinball Inc filed for it 6-17-17, published for opposition 6-4-19, and abandoned on 3-2-20

So no one publicly owns the trademark but it’s been passed around some recently. And it can take a while from filing to it being public and granted.

Another interesting thing I noticed was the same lawyer for Pinball Inc did the same filings for American Pinball's other games (and the Pinball Circus remake)

Not saying that’s what it is, but it does line up with a few things

#488 2 years ago

I heard that Cardi B’s sister is an exercise instructor named Cardi O. One makes hip hop, the other makes hips pop.

Anyway, can’t wait to see what API’s next game is!

#489 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That doesn't really jibe with the comments Fixx made about the next game being from a new designer though. Personally I don't think that Kingpin will ever actually see production which is a shame considering how much work those guys put into it so far.

#490 2 years ago

Maybe we will find out what it is in July ? ?

#491 2 years ago

Kingpin is a great game. Played an original one a few times, and also played the prototype of Pinball Inc’s “remake”. So far, that remake hasn’t made it into production. I’d imagine that re-making a game like that would be “low hanging fruit” for a fully functioning pinball company. Design is mostly done. It could be modernized for the 21st century (video display Vs. DMD, better slot machine mech, new bells and whistles). Interesting thought.

#492 2 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

It could be modernized for the 21st century (video display Vs. DMD,

Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

and also played the prototype of Pinball Inc’s “remake”.

You didn't notice the larger LCD ?

LTG : )

#493 2 years ago

The fable of the next American Pinball:

The details are legendary and it doesn't take a detective to figure them out.
Once everyone realizes the quality of their machines they should hop right over to AP as their pinball of choice.
The sounds of pinball are music to my ears and the visuals are out of this world.
Not even Brett Favre could give them a bad rap.
Let the magic take you over, relax and have an ale.
The ideas are hot and the wheels are turning.
I do believe the fix is in.
Spread your wings and open your wallets, the next A.P. pinball will have victory over all of it's opponents.

#494 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You didn't notice the larger LCD ?

Oh yeah, I noticed. The Kingpin remake prototype I played a few years ago at TPF had an LCD screen (looked like a 15 inch). No new video, just DMD dots rendered on an LCD. There was talk of reworking the slot machine mech (possibly replacing the wheels with a video screen). Lots of potential. Kind of a grail pin for me, so I bought one of their autographed translites (supposedly gets you in the queue to buy the Pinball Inc remake if it ever happens).

#496 2 years ago

Just listened to the podcast. I hope the new designer on the next pin does an awesome job. There are too many old names in the pinball world.

#497 2 years ago

Dennis updated his picture on Facebook. He's sitting in a Corsair air plane. The same one his father flew.

Could be Father's Day stuff. Could be the next American Pinball machine will be Air Planes ?

#498 2 years ago

Dave just moved out? Oktoberfest…making room for the new AP???

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Dennis updated his picture on Facebook. He's sitting in a Corsair air plane. The same one his father flew.
Could be Father's Day stuff. Could be the next American Pinball machine will be Air Planes ?

Sure hope it doesn't mean Dennis is changing companies again to join Pinball Buzz (j/k). "First Class" was one of their many proposed titles besides Punny Factory

as an aside, their website is down https://www.pinballbuzz.com/first-class-pinball/ but Archive.org has a copy

"Ah, first class. The passengers that get to board the plane first, sit at the front of the plane, and seem to have settled in with a glass of champagne before anyone else has even lined up. We all know first class tickets are more expensive than other seats, but let’s get into the nitty-gritty are you worthy enought [sic] to fly First class?

Back Glass

You get to choose from several amazing destenations [sic] to travel to, then it’s off shooting targets and other tasks to gain your tickets, luggage , insurance, and more to finally get to board your plane and then take off.

Come fly with us around the world first class of course. We might include a private car service to the airport, a private lounge at the terminal, caviar and champagne for your flight.

Remember First Class passenger get more individualized attention and service from the flight attendant.

Interactive Airplane

Another first in the pinball industry.

When taking off in our First Class Pinball Machine, the player would be shooting into a model jet on the playfield after gathering all of their travel items. The model Jet would then tilt up complemented with the shaker motor rumble and real airplane sound effects, topped off with wind via a fan underneath the cabinet simulating that First Class Experience."

[I kept and noted typos as I saw them]

#500 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Dave just moved out? Oktoberfest…making room for the new AP???

Nope. That was Ryan’s Okto. I did meet the new owner on Friday when he picked it up.

You can see in my latest video that was recorded and released Friday, that I still have all 3 AP games and space for #4

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, ME
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/10?hl=gamemodder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.