Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by swampfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

trollin.jpg
th_DCA.jpg
Troll.jpg
image.jpg
waa.gif
23792463.jpg
srs.jpg
OP.gif
thread_lock_is_coming.jpg
colin-powell.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago

wow that was fast
Amazing work phishrace - you must of worked for the goverment at one time?

#102 6 years ago

I used to walk to school in the snow with no shoes on up 3 hills back in my day!!!! arrggghhhh!!!!

#104 6 years ago

Copy, did not know what you were trying to say the first time. Got it.

#105 6 years ago

Every Bubble bursts.

- Dotcom: 2000
- Real Estate: 2007 (USA)
- College Loan: ready to burst
- Pinball: ???

#106 6 years ago

If the OP isn't Frank Furhter I'd be amazed. Probably behind several proxies using a burner gmail account. You can find out about this long time (HaHa, about three years!) RGP Troll on RGPArchive or Google Groups. I'd post his name but I'm not that uncouth. Anyway this post has his signature all over it in tone and style.

If you are legit congrats to the OP on the Epic troll.

#107 6 years ago

I wonder inflation wise how much ( cause I cant be asked checking ) a pinball in 1975 was ? I mean its a valid point . Has a monopoly pushed the price of new machines up ? Did you need a months pay to buy a pinny in 1975 ? Was a pinball the same price as a VW beetle cause you definitely can buy a small car for the price of a WOZ .

I'm a newbie but only to this site , but are we supposed to nice to each other or not ?

#108 6 years ago

that's a good point you bring up kaboom

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

Amazing work phishrace - you must of worked for the goverment at one time?

The name (at the bottom of the original post) sounded familiar from RGP. Judging by the five years worth of posts from Shelby Haynes on RGP, I'm going to guess it's the same Shelby.

Can Shelby be a dude's (first) name? I used to know a chick named Shelby that loved to party. Miss that girl.

#110 6 years ago

"Scoomie" as in "scoomie der" (an antiquated southern dialect of "excuse me there")? You are not by any chance a racist are you?

Quoted from Scoomie:

There has got to somebody on PINSIDE who knows were I am coming from? Please?

Maybe not, but pretty sure most know where you are going.

You forgot the "..and die!" part.

Quoted from Scoomie:

pinster68:
A brat child - couldn't be further from the truth....
Simply rationale.............

C'mon, make up your mind....simple rationale or simply rational?

I'm an English noob and highly unskilled at mind reading.

Quoted from phishrace:

I have had a one pin collection for the last 6 years (rotated once).

We covered verbal skills in the above, now on to quantitative analysis.

In the quote, Phishrace summarizes a portion of the contributions by our new friend. Based on this information, please answer the following:

True or False: A "collection" by definition is more than one.

Quoted from Scoomie:

no you are a tool..................

A special guest and assistant shall now expound on logic:

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I figured I'd tag it troll

Wow, I am so tired it took me THIS long to figure out what that meant. Yeah, I hope it catches on.

#112 6 years ago

I am a newbie and if I am a tool then your an old dried up POS that needs to crawl up in a corner and die already. If you wanted reaction-you got it. Karma is a funny thing

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from Scoomie:

It's kind of fun to sit back and watch the new generation of pinball players/flippers (with $) bidding up the pre-1994 vintage pinball machines.
I have played pinball regularly since 1978. Whether it was at the local amusement park, after the junior bowling league, or after school at the arcade. I started collecting pinball machines in 1998 after graduating college and getting settled.
For about 14 years, since I bought my first machine (Williams Comet), and the 15 or so I have purchased since then, it has been a great experience.
The hobby for the past 18 months or so hasn't been as enjoyable. As everyone knows the price of used games has gone up, gone up to a point that I am no longer interested in collecting additional games. My focus now is restoring/enjoying the 8 pins I have now.
I received the 2/25/13 edition of Fortune magazine today and it happened to have an article on pinball (pg 10). It talked about how new pinball sales have been declining - $ 219 million which is a quarter of what it was in 2001. Of the 63,000 pinball machines on location, presently they take in an average of $67/wk which needs to be split with the location - which makes it hard to justify pinball machines on location considering their current cost of the games.
The article goes on to say " Stern - until recently the one remaining manufacturer - has tripled sales since 2009. Good for Gary Stern, who I never respected, since he copied many of Williams ideas; but what about the consumer? Many of the games his company released during the 2000-2010 era, the code wasn't even compete.
Then the Fortune article goes on to talk about Jersey Jack coming on the scene with WOZ. The article says the Jacks effort is to make " the best game ever built". I'm okay with that, but not at $ 7,000. What operator is going to buy a $7k pinball machine? I know I am not,as a collector.
Maybe alot of you never leave your house, but I do (yes, I am married). If there were games in bars or the bowling alley I would play them. That's what myself and a few friends did up until ops stop buying games. If I really liked the game on location, it would be on my want list for my basement arcade.
Time to find a new hobby.
The sensitive people with defensive mechanisms need not reply.
Shelby
shelbyhaynes@gmail.con

This clip has never been more appropriate.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that his or her name is Shelby Haynes.

I could be way off base. Just a wild guess.

Actually one thing this guy doesn't realize about Us "young'ins" and "tools" is that we come from a more technologically advanced generation, where with a small batch of simple accesses yields untold fortunes in the way of publicly available data. Such as phone numbers, addresses, hell even old school pictures . All available if you know how to search the interwebz...

#115 6 years ago

Let see..
I bought my first machine in 1998ish. The OP has be 'collecting' for 5+ years. Thus to me...he's the newbie...and by his own definition...a tool.

Not much to argue about there...

#116 6 years ago

Im a newbie and i respect what u say but were not all bad i love this hobbie just as much as u and everyone who replied is also passionate about pinball some act more like children then adults but still love the silver ball i dont post much cause there r alot of politics on here and i get beat up by all the vets cause i dont know much or i ask dumb questions. scoomie dont ditch this hobby cause of over exited pinheads u have been hitting the silver ball longer then ive been alive lol

Remember why were all here
PINBALL!!!
Keep on flippen

#117 6 years ago

Troll account or not.

I see this happening a lot. When people like the OP are unsuccessful in life they complain they can't afford the things they want anymore. All of his friends from "Back when games were on location" had a successful career and bought up all the old williams games. Now he can't afford the "Flinstones" since it was the only game he could achieve multi ball and the around the flipper gimmick, in his opinion, was the best game ever. He had the Grand Champion which made him feel good until he realized he was the only one dropping quarters in the machine. Failing to realize the IQ of 75 didn't give him the best odds in adult life.

#118 6 years ago

Epic thread. trollin.jpg

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Actually one thing this guy doesn't realize about Us "young'ins" and "tools" is that we come from a more technologically advanced generation, where with a small batch of simple accesses yields untold fortunes in the way of publicly available data. Such as phone numbers, addresses, hell even old school pictures . All available if you know how to search the interwebz...

He is in his mid 30s probably. To some he still is a young un. Especially in life experince and maturity given the post. Being a Tool isn't about chronology but experience and attitude.

Techno advanced. Can you change tire without consulting Schmikipedia?

Dan

#120 6 years ago

If the OP really is Shelby Haynes then his house has an assessed value of 95k. So if a pin cost 8% of the total cost of your home? Yeah i'd say that makes it difficult to own one

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

He is in his mid 30s probably. To some he still is a young un. Especially in life experince and maturity given the post. Being a Tool isn't about chronology but experience and attitude.
Techno advanced. Can you change tire without consulting Schmikipedia?
Dan

LOL, I can change an engine without schmuckipedia

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

LOL, I can change an engine without schmuckipedia but I actually show him as being in his 40's based on the interwebz.
Lives in Upstate NY (I won't get into specifics because it would be rude)

Okay good to hear. You're not afraid of getting your hands dirt.

If he graduated college in 1998 and he is in his 40s, he must have gotten 3 or 4 undergraduate degrees or one really really hard one or started late in life..........

Dan

#123 6 years ago

Dan he said this "I have played pinball regularly since 1978. Whether it was at the local amusement park, after the junior bowling league, or after school at the arcade. I started collecting pinball machines in 1998 after graduating college and getting settled."

If that's the case that means he was playing pinball in the womb. I'm 33 and wasn't alive in 78

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

If RGP is so great-why come here?
Please return to RGP and eat a bowl full of dicks.

I don't know why that was so funny. I'm not trying to keep upping this post but something about that statement made me laugh outloud.

Thanks for the laugh Ryan

Chris

#125 6 years ago

You'll get my pinball machines from my cold dead hands.

#126 6 years ago

Right. Thanks for the play-by-play.

Almost afraid to ask what you do professionally. Just hope I never piss you off....

Dan

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

If the OP really is Shelby Haynes then his house has an assessed value of 95k. So if a pin cost 8% of the total cost of your home? Yeah i'd say that makes it difficult to own one

Classy.

#128 6 years ago

I'm just here for the pkp at this point

#129 6 years ago

I hit ignore on this asshat, just the reply post that you guys are posting are awesome, funnier without seeing his comments!

#130 6 years ago

Why does every troll thread have to bring out the RGP haters? I hope you guys never need help with an EM.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
1,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4.95
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 219.99
There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside