hulk LE.jpg
AT-12-10-Knock-Out-Ring-2c.jpg
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
themiz.jpg
image.jpg
UltimateWarrior.jpg
Wrestlemania_29_Stage.jpg
paigeauction.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 9 years ago

I'm not gonna judge it just by the theme. I hate NASCAR but loved the pin.

#576 9 years ago

No comments on how Stern just shows up with a ready-to-ship game?

Considering most of the other companies can't seem to hit deadlines for games they have been trying to pump for months and even years.... Stern just goes to CES and shows off a pin that's ready to purchase.

I think that deserves some respect. Development and production funded by profits from previous projects.

#594 9 years ago

The LE Titantron sounds pretty cool. I can't wait to see that in action. You guys may hate on wrestling and call it a poor redneck sport, but it could be humorous if they did it right.

#620 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

What is the mech? I'm trying to figure it out and have no idea how that's suppose to work? Magnets like TZ mini playfield? Kickback targets like gottlieb? What's going on here?

It says in the press release. The bottom two "ropes" are basically slingshots that you control.

#829 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

They could of showed some gameplay.

They said gameplay won't be shown until CES starts tomorrow.

#837 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Doesn't it start today?

Floor officially opens tomorrow: http://www.cesweb.org/Show-Floor/Exhibit-Hours

Looking at their website it looks like today is some kind of press day maybe?

#1176 9 years ago

Another interesting wrestling tidbit. John Cena has granted more wishes to Make-A-Wish than any other single celebrity.

#1195 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

But he also goes out and spends the time whether it's a day a weekend or a week with them

That's what is most impressive to me. Make-A-Wish is a charity near to me personally, and I really respect his involvement with it.

#1201 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I get the theme isn't for everyone and I can laugh at some of the good natured ribbing that's been going on, but some of the personal insults to those of us who are fans of the show have gone over the line. As personal attacks are against the rules around here, I hope the moderators will clean up some of the crap and hand out a few warnings for the biggest offenders. You want to rip on the theme a bit, fine...I get it. But the mean spirited insults directed at those of us who do enjoy it are completely unnecessary.

Completely agree. I'm a "casual" fan, in that I don't follow it, but I sure do have some fun memories of watching wrestling as a kid.

The comments from some people have been really surprising about wrestling fans being poor, redneck, and stupid.

Of course everyone knows it's "fake", but as so many other posters have pointed out, it's about entertainment and how athletic the wrestlers really are. Go and read some of Mick Foley's books about his time as Mankind, and you start to get a feel for how brutally physical even "fake" wrestling can be. These guys and gals not only have to perform pretty physical stunts, but they also have to be convincing enough as actors to get people to buy-in to their personalities and stories.

Again, I'm not a fan, but I can see the entertainment value, and have in the past personally.

#1251 9 years ago

Saw this on my news feed today, Jeff Hardy took a bad fall from the cage during a match a few nights ago.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/542005-video-more-footage-of-jeff-hardys-scary-cage-fall-from-last-nights-impact-wrestling-tapings

#1312 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks for the video. I got bored a few minutes in and stopped watching, so maybe I missed the odd thing. The upper playfield is a cool gimmick, but I'm tired of it already and I haven't even flipped. Hopefully it's more fun to play than see someone else do it.

I had to stop watching after a few minutes as well, not because I was bored though, and I agree about the upper playfield. The ball sure seems to spend a lot of time floating around it.

The guy in the video is a better player than I will ever be, so maybe that has some bearing on how long it stayed up there. Seems like the hole to get off the upper playfield maybe should be twice the size, so it's harder to keep it up there. The ball kinda wiggled coming out of the hole anyway, which slowed it down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-new-stern-game-is-wrestlemania?tu=wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.