hulk LE.jpg
AT-12-10-Knock-Out-Ring-2c.jpg
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
themiz.jpg
image.jpg
UltimateWarrior.jpg
Wrestlemania_29_Stage.jpg
paigeauction.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdreynolds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 9 years ago

I'm a huge wrestling fan (have run WrestleCrap.com for 15 years, written four books on the subject), but even I think this game is going to have pretty limited appeal.

Also, Stephanie McMahon on the cabinet = no buys from me.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

Whoever did the photoshop on this pic for wrestlemania , it's pretty good but it's fake imho. Guess we'll find out soon...

Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Bray Wyatt, Triple H, Roman Reigns on the back glass.

Cabinet had Stephanie McMahon, Triple H, Big Show, Sheamus, Dean Ambrose. Guessing the Bellas will be on there too since one of them is Cena's girlfriend.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

You guys are funny. Wrestling is bigger than it ever has been. Just because everyone "stopped watching it" when they were younger does not mean everyone else has. They have a freaking WWE Network as well right now if you want to be reintroduced to the older stuff.
Besides, I remember quite well the bitching and moaning about Tron. We saw how well that turned out. Give the game a chance, sheesh.

Wrestling is pretty much ice cold right now...and WWE has lost a small fortune on the network.

Agreed, though - give the game a chance. Could be awesome. Lots of potential for cool ideas.

#184 9 years ago

WWE gets large audiences...but they don't get any decent advertisers (car manufacturers, that kinda thing). They just renegotiated their TV deals. Pretty much everyone is getting HUGE increases for live programming, but WWE sure didn't. Advertisers are very hesitant to spend money on WWE since the audience is larger lower income than, say, an NFL game. So that is a strike against this for Stern. I can talk WWE business pretty much all day long (and especially WCW since I wrote two books on why they died), but I won't bore everyone with those details.

That said, I know PLENTY of wrestling fans who'll spend untold amounts of cash on WWE stuff. So it's possible that they'll sell ok.

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Remember, there are 3 markets that Gary sells to: OPs, Collectors, and Individual owners. This pin in clearly targeted at OPs, so they don't have to actually SELL this pin to those wrestling fans, as long as those fans are willing to pump a bunch of quarters and dollar bills through them on route.

Valid point, I could see this doing well on route. I know places where WWFRR is still on route, and buddies of mine hunt it down and drive long distances just to play it.

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Is Wrestling popular internationally? Foreign sales are very important to Stern, so maybe this theme has a built in demand from non US markets.

WWE does well in the UK. It does well in Canada. Other pockets as well globally yes.

Just don't believe WWE numbers on, well, anything. They'll tell you ridiculous stuff like 75% of the U.S. has an affinity for WWE...which begs the question why can they only get about 600,000 people to pay $10 a month for their network.

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

They have their own Network it is $10 a month.
http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork

And lost untold millions on PPV thanks to it.

#563 9 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Love your books! Very funny!

Thanks for the kind words, very appreciated!

#977 9 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

in all honesty, this sounds sick!!
Wrestling legend Hulk Hogan will individually autograph each of the numbered WWE Legends of Wrestlemania Limited Edition (LE) machines on a bottom arch mounted gold plaque. With only 400 autographs available, this collectible must be limited to that number of games. The LE game art features classic WWE stars, of course including Hulk Hogan. Actual WWE wrestling action is projected on the LE’s replica “Titantron” playfield level 5.7 inch LCD directly above the ring. The ball is always wild when it comes into contact with the LE’s exclusive "Chaos" spinning DISC while a third “Wham! Arm” flipper allows players to knock the ball off a wire ramp.
Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/More_Details_on_Stern_s_New_WWE_WrestleMania_Pinball_Game_Hulk_Hogan_Limited_Edition.html#uAwkwthOf3UtVqtE.99

Those 400 will be gone immediately. Bank on it.

#985 9 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

I am not sure about that. Very few Wrestling fans are going to drop that kind of cash for a pinball. And since no premium was announced, pinball collectors that normally spend the big bucks for an LE, will be a little hesitant after the TWD issue.

A dude once offered my WrestleCrap co-hort and I $2,000 for the Katie Vick outfit we had. If you don't know who or what Katie Vick is, google it.

Trust me, those 400 machines will easily be sold.

#1071 9 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

Wrestlecrap alternate translite with Katie Vick, Gobbledygooker, Mae Young's baby, etc when?

You mean like the one at 6:34 in here?

#1163 9 years ago

Never thought I'd see the dog poop match on Pinside. I feel like WrestleCrap has invaded this fine facility!

#1164 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Dumbest theme since "Experts of Dangerous" Destined to go down the Nascar, SX, and WPT route of epic fail. Seriously, who is advising Gary? What's next Teletubbies? The intellectuals that like wrestling don't have the scratch to throw away on a pinball machine.

Some of us do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Boards
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdreynolds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-new-stern-game-is-wrestlemania?tu=rdreynolds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.