hulk LE.jpg
AT-12-10-Knock-Out-Ring-2c.jpg
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
themiz.jpg
image.jpg
UltimateWarrior.jpg
Wrestlemania_29_Stage.jpg
paigeauction.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#668 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha, Greg's my friend, but we hardly have a hive mind. Guessing he's with me on this one though. Utterly uninterested.

My brother might like it....oh wait, C.M. Punk isn't featured - so, nah, even he won't care lol

I'm indifferent. Even if it was a theme I liked, I'm out of the NIB game due to the never ending code problems on previous releases. Thankfully, I won't even be remotely tempted..

Design looks interesting, though - I'd play it if it was on location.

From a sales perspective though - 400 LEs signed by Hulk Hogan? I think those will sell out quick to hardcore fans, like Master of Puppets sold quick to Metallica fans.

#843 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I mean, that's cool and all, I admit I'm more curious about Spike than the actual game, but at the end of the day it's invisible stuff. I'll care if it means they stop releasing half ass coded games. Until then though it's not a huge deal to people who just want to play pinball.

I wonder if we'll see the benefits of Spike on this release - such as a noticeable improvement in sound (Stereo?), or if this is the "transition game"...essentially a SAM game running on the new system.

#953 9 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Out of all the themes I've heard requested there would be two that I would be jumping on an LE for. Those two are The Three Stooges and Ghostbusters. I imagine Ghostbusters might happen when that new Ghostbusters movie happens, but The Three Stooges, unfortunately I just can't see it ever happening.

3 Stooges, despite its ardent fans - is by and large culturally irrelevant. The flop of the recent Farrelly Bros. movie doesn't help matters. It just wouldn't sell. Ghostbusters is still very much relevant and would be a great theme, a great seller, and a great earner on location.

#959 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So are the Brady Bunch.

No they're not.

#967 9 years ago
Quoted from wrig54:

Does theme really matter if it plays well? I've got a SM at home and I've never seen the movie. Looking for a LOTR and never seen that either. If they do a good job with it I don't care what the theme is.

If you're expected to pay $5k-$8k for a pinball machine, F*CK YES theme matters. Only if a theme resonates with you are you going to spend that much on it. If it repulses you, you're definitely not going to want it! I purchased plenty of "shitty theme" games that are super duper fun...but they were ~$2k or less. WWE might be the funnest game of all time, but since it's not a theme I care about, I'd never buy one at it's "new" price.

BTW how have you never seen Spider-Man, even by accident at this point? Go watch Spider-Man 1 and 2 right now. Skip 3

#1084 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I'm sure its been said many times in this 1000+ post thread...
But what happened to JAWS???

Nothing!!! There never was a Jaws! Underlord suckered a bunch of you with his false sense of pull with some fictional Stern employee. You were punked.

#1088 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Remember the voices from the TWD TV show are still coming.

Wow, forgot about that one....yeah man...Underlord is a fraud and should apologize to those who believed his "insider" information.

#1136 9 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

My favorite take from that article is that the lead programmer is a wrestling fan. Score for the code potentially being great!!!

He was also an X-Men fan ....

#1156 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am not above or below anyone that loves wrestling. If you are excited great, cool. This theme just makes me vomit in my mouth a bit. But I don't have any problems with Stern making it at all. Just not one I am even remotely interested in playing, let alone owning.

...and that's OK. If we wanted every single new game we'd all be broke and out of space. It's OK to not like a theme.

Quoted from RobT:

I agree for the most part, with the major exception being that I most definitely want to play this pin!

Exactly. If none of us want to buy it but we all want to play it on location, this will be a winner on location. It's all good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 26.50
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-new-stern-game-is-wrestlemania?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.