hulk LE.jpg
AT-12-10-Knock-Out-Ring-2c.jpg
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
themiz.jpg
image.jpg
UltimateWarrior.jpg
Wrestlemania_29_Stage.jpg
paigeauction.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matt_rasmussen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#199 9 years ago

#579 9 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

It's the epitome of white trash (or perhaps trash of all colors, though I don't know a black guy who'd stoop that low). I'd be embarrassed to own it if it were the second coming of AFM.

Oh well, la de da...

#580 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

CAN SOMEONE AT CES PLEASE GET US SOME DECENT PHOTOS OF THE PF?!?!?

CES OFFICALLY STARTS TOMORROW.

#602 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

But there are pin people that are vendors at ces... Working on getting someone else to take pf pic while booths are being set up still

True, but it's kind of a violation of the rules. If that matters...

#603 9 years ago

Everyone change their tune in 3...2...1...

#608 9 years ago

Gotta say, that looks pretty fun!

#828 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wow, holy smokes. Might not be the best theme ever but that is a seriously promising pro, and the LE sounds like a blast with a spinner and being able to whack the ball off the wireform to god knows where.
Totally dig the minimalist ball return wireforms that are just two rails and not big chunky plastic ramps or 4-wire surrounds.

Yeah, I like than in RBION too.

#836 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

WWE pinball...I feel a Hitler video coming soon.

Maybe Hitler with a positive message... Not sure sure that would work though.

#841 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I mean, that's cool and all, I admit I'm more curious about Spike than the actual game, but at the end of the day it's invisible stuff. I'll care if it means they stop releasing half ass coded games. Until then though it's not a huge deal to people who just want to play pinball.

True, but those people aren't buying these machines. Although, I might argue that it allows people that just play pinball to reap the benefits of said systems with the machines being more enjoyable to play, potentially deeper rule sets, and less downtime.

#845 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Theme is not the end all be all for me but it does play a factor.....in some cases more than others.
This pin could (and probably will) tank. It could even become available for re-sale at 2k and I still would not buy it. I'm having a hard time thinking of a (legitimate) worse theme.

I don't know, Apollo 13 is pretty bad.

#881 9 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Wrestling is pretty much an '80's thing. I doubt many people will buy that theme for the home. Didn't Dataeast or somebody do a wrestling themed game in the late '80's or early '90's? I don't remember that being on anyone's top ten want list either then or now.
Also, with Stern's reputation of shipping games with unfinished code, I would be very hesitant to purchase a game with completely new architecture to boot. Seems like a recipe for frustration.

Where have you been for 30 years, wrestling is still a pretty huge. YOU might not like it, I might not actually watch it anymore, but that doesn't mean it's not still huge. This pin will kill on route guaranteed.

#1045 9 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

Surely Stern didn't look at the (lack of) socio-economic overlap between people who still watch wrestling and people who are in the market for a NIB machine..
If only this was the attitude era.. Corporate Ministry 15 ball Multi-Ball would have got me in the door.
Will they ever make a machine again that is an original concept?

Maybe, just maybe, they're thinking about location pinball again? Just maybe?

#1073 9 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

This thread needs more Macho Madness

Agreed, that guy had the best interviews. 7:25 lol

#1181 9 years ago

Wrestling is like Microsoft and pinball is like Apple. Take from that what you will.

#1197 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

My first reaction was "Bleh!", which was based on my personal preferences for games I want to own.
Then I thought about it and realized it'll probably do well on location in arcades and bars, and some people like the theme enough to buy it for their homes.
Personally, I don't care for the artwork or theme, but if I see one I'll drop some coins into it. So, for that reason it seems like a good choice.

Exactly, people will drop coins into this machine, love the theme or not.

#1231 9 years ago

I dislike the assumption that a lot of pinheads have, that they are the only smart people who play pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matt_rasmussen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-new-stern-game-is-wrestlemania?tu=matt_rasmussen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.