Topic Stats

• 1,378 posts
  • 403 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by actenium
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 133 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

wmpin2.jpg
wmpin.jpg
IMG_15639744195672.jpeg
IMG_15644309513117.jpeg
image.jpg
thunderlips.jpg
image-264.jpg
ramones_pinhead_color_human.jpg
hulk LE.jpg
AT-12-10-Knock-Out-Ring-2c.jpg
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
themiz.jpg
image.jpg
UltimateWarrior.jpg
Wrestlemania_29_Stage.jpg
paigeauction.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 4 years ago

WOW, they dropped a deuce on this one!

Wrestling ring in the middle of the play field obviously by the shape of that mech.

#86 4 years ago

He comes the VE next, really quick, after this bombs they will need to put something on the line because this isn't selling.

I don't care what it plays like, cab art looks like crap too.

#141 4 years ago

I like my WPT artwork better.

#173 4 years ago

Wrestling fans won't buy a dozen of these pins! Nor do they play pinball (maybe a dozen or so)

Stern is a rounding error on how much money WWE makes, this could be a throw away marketing trinket for somebody at WWE.

Drop in the bucket.

This decision can't be aimed at pinball fans.

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

This is a perfect example to BOYCOTT and not buy from this Stern Title,!! to tell them, we will NOT just
accept any title they whip out of their gamanator....!!
Also knowing, code will be taking a year out, Let's just say NO.!!! So they get a message.!!
NO LE Buyer's please.!!!! thanks.

It's an automatic BOYCOTT, it's a built in given

No need to even start the protesting!

#201 4 years ago

Does anybody find it interesting that nobody heard a peep out of the Distros looking to get funds ante'd up for this launch?

Did they even know?

Gotta believe Stern knows they aren't selling this through pinheads right?

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

24? No, this is worse. CSI? This is at least as bad as that. WoF?

Gotta be kidding Rob, all three of those pins are X10 this might be as bad as Popeye though.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

looks like PPS has just locked in my $ for staying with MMRLE

They have to be thrilled, along with JJP and everybody else.

Game of Thrones on the other hand.

#322 4 years ago

Hmmm, the LE could have the likes of

Roddy Piper
Andre the Giant
Tito Santana
Ricky Steamboat
The Junkyard Dog!
Red Rooster
Hillbilly Jim
Iron Sheik
King Kong Bundy
Dino Bravo

Redneck heaven

#329 4 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Could be a great game that the kids love and get them hooked on pinball and a next generation of buyers are going strong when the older guys start fading away.

Lets not get carried away.

Any new pinball machine is gonna be fun to discuss and see how it plays.

This one won't be "owned" no matter what.

Kids aren't ever gonna get hooked on pinball unless Multimorphic figures it out and keeps evolving.

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

will have a kick ass layout that blows away the crappy layout of TWD

Slow down there pads, TWD layout is great, its just not the standard Stern cookie cutter best seller.

Quoted from Baiter:

Stern still likes to claim the target market is operators, not home buyers. Considering WWE is a $500m/year franchise there should be plenty of people interested if operators decide to operate pins again.

That's what's puzzling to me. They really think this pin is going to be a location windfall for operators and get them operating again. That is total fantasy land if they think that.

I would definitely play it on location at a place like Flipper McGills. Maybe locations will sprout up all over the place because of WWE?

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Accepting trade in toward WWE. I have one confirmed order with another pending. All I can say is WOW.

Is that two more than you thought you'd get Buddy?

Have you already received pricing and LE numbers? Is there really and LE of this pin?

#550 4 years ago

With higher and higher prices comes higher and higher expectations. At least for me anyhow.

It's getting to the point where if you want a full featured pin from Stern, premium or LE, at these prices with nothing really added over the last decade in terms of advancements, you better LOVE the theme at least right? Artwork? Code?

l look at the pegs on the PRO, the lack of spinners, which pisses me off, and all of the other cost cutting moves made since I bought my first pin, a LOTR LE, for $5250 almost 5 yrs ago, and just keep thinking to myself WTF!

It's going in the wrong direction.

WHO is going to keep paying for this crap? Not me, and I've bought a lot of pins in the last 5 yrs, they have now lost me as a consumer except on a special theme, special pin basis.

Everybody says the positives for this pin are that it "might" do well ON LOCATION.

What does a dying "on location" really even mean today?

One small example recently on my trip to Eric's at Breckenridge, they doubled their game room size by getting rid of the t shirt and novelty section. The result? They went from 4 pinball machines down to 2.

More space, less pins. In a place that is constantly packed most people don't give a shit about pinball and it won't ever change with the same pins being stamped out today versus 20 years ago.

Today, more than ever, I'm rooting for Gerry and Multimorphic, I'll now take a much closer look at them and that platform.

All that said, its always fun when a new pinball machine comes out for "people like us", no matter what it is I guess.

#945 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

t's pretty common for quasi-monopolies to be followers, though. Much lower risk, given their high fixed cost structure, if innovative ideas don't pan out. Stern is focused on "feeding the beast" rather than trying to gain a first-mover advantage.

Wrong strategy of course, they used to have a "monopoly", as in the only pinball maker in the world. Now they don't and market share will keep dwindling IF the demand remains high.

The barriers to entry into this market have been smashed and the flood gates are open because of the prices people are willing to pay for quality.

They should have taken the Apple approach, innovation, "first mover", always providing more value to the consumer, be a leader. Sitting back and playing the prevent defense is a good way to lose, and is actually a loser's mentality.

Of course, that is CLEARLY what they are trying to regain with the new system and some form of some kind of video display.

Great strategy, let the competition take market share that didn't exist a few years ago, makes gains and strides while you sit back and copy what works for them. A good way to find yourself F ed.

Go Multimorphic!

#946 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Well because Kiss will sell tens of thousands of units. Nice job Stern, this new system looks like it will keep pinball around for another decade.

#962 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I hope they finish the code before ending production

Since production of the 100 pros they will sell to distros that will be forced to buy them will end next week, I HIGHLY doubt it.

#966 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I'm not saying it's the RIGHT strategy. I'm just saying it's a TYPICAL strategy for a company in Stern's position.

BTW, there is one HUGE barrier to entry in the pinball manufacturing market that has not yet been smashed. The capital investment in "the beast" itself...

I agree with that, but IF the "profits" are there the "capital investment" will be there.

That has yet to be proven out and I believe 2015 will be the year of the shakeout/shakedown for pinball makers.

Before JJP entered the ring, Stern himself said there was only room for one pinball manufacturer. It's just a tiny market and even the "investors" in Stern didn't do it just for pinball, nobody would.

I don't know what the margins are for them but they will have peaked and will begin to erode as the second mover position catches up with them and I suspect that is why they want to move into "gaming".

I feel Consumer Discretionary is in for a rough ride this year and into 2016, to many global external factors that can deflate the 5+ year bubble ride in the US.

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you're expected to pay $5k-$8k for a pinball machine, F*CK YES theme matters. Only if a theme resonates with you are you going to spend that much on it. If it repulses you, you're definitely not going to want it! I purchased plenty of "shitty theme" games that are super duper fun...but they were ~$2k or less. WWE might be the funnest game of all time, but since it's not a theme I care about, I'd never buy one at it's "new" price.

I feel like you are now my brother from another mother!

1 month later
#1363 4 years ago

Stick a fork in this one already, quality over quantity and Wrestling and Mustang themes SUCK, sorry

Where is the next Ac/dc?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.50
$ 16.00
$ 21.00
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside