hulk LE.jpg
AT-12-10-Knock-Out-Ring-2c.jpg
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
themiz.jpg
image.jpg
UltimateWarrior.jpg
Wrestlemania_29_Stage.jpg
paigeauction.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 9 years ago

Oh, that's too bad. Can't think of a less desirable title than this for me. Will this pin really sell well? Seems like My Little Pony would do better

#73 9 years ago

Hate to say it, but if this is a 'good idea' by Stern may I suggest going ahead with a few of the VE options?

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How many pins can fit in a mobile home?

LOL - thanks, just spit diet coke on my keyboard

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Will there be a premium?
Rob

A few months after the Pro/LE release...

#95 9 years ago

Well, at least someone wants it

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

Meanwhile, over at Jersey Jack Pinball:
g0w6r.jpg 26 KB

Either this is a joke, or Stern no longer gives a $h1t

#108 9 years ago

And now we introduce the new Stern pinball for year 2015...

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

You guys are funny. Wrestling is bigger than it ever has been. Just because everyone "stopped watching it" when they were younger does not mean everyone else has. They have a freaking WWE Network as well right now if you want to be reintroduced to the older stuff.
Besides, I remember quite well the bitching and moaning about Tron. We saw how well that turned out. Give the game a chance, sheesh.

He has a point, I mean, hell they made Mustang last year...

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from c3trey:

It's curious to me how much people underestimate the popularity of the franchise. The WWE pulls in a half billion in revenue a year and has a top ten rated cable program (top five if you exclude football) every week going back 15+ years. In terms of sheer numbers, it's a monster license (bigger than most they've run with) and it's not hard to see why Stern might think it'd be more attractive to operators than a 30 year-old band. I'm skeptical it'll pull in a pinball crowd, but the thinking is clear.

And that does blow my mind - do people realize this is not actually a sport, but guys fake fighting and throwing each other around and yelling?

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Have you ever realized there is no such thing as a Hobbit!

But at least I 'know' that is fiction
As well as Star Wars, Star Trek, Avengers, ... (what's your point again?)

#166 9 years ago

I live in the south, and trust me some people don't realize that this stuff is completely scripted. I really don't think anyone believes that TWD is a documentary, or that there are hobbits and wizards. If you like WWE - fine. Up to you.

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

It's cool. I was just messing with you. Will pass judgement when I play it. Maybe cool, may suck balls.

It's cool

It is just sad, I have actually seen people fight over this stuff (when people tell them it is fake). It is really sad. I know that there are pinsiders that are WWE fans, and can see it as just playing/entertainment - many (well I will just speak for myself) see it as a comical and silly. But I do like Star Wars and crap like that - so to each his own.

#283 9 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

I'm in for a LE.
Said no-one ever.

Will there even be an LE?

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How many pins can fit in a mobile home?

This is a candidate for the funniest post of the year. Do you think we should make a thread to capture the funniest posts?

#299 9 years ago

You guys crack me up - this is the most fun I have had reading a thread on pinside

Thanks!

#313 9 years ago

And I was actually hoping they wouldn't do the Muppets

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Your fault!! I would have taken the muppets over this x 1000

My bad, and I would think that The Muppets would appeal more to kids than Wrestlemania..

#326 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Just sayin', don't be judgmental.

It's all in fun - like 'you might me a redneck jokes' - it's just for laughs.

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

...your mommas

Perfect thread for a good ole fashioned your momma joke

#341 9 years ago

Perhaps this will start Stern's 'rent to own' pinball initiative?

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

is this pin real or a spoof?

Both?

#367 9 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

HGH.jpg 21 KB

I don't hate this pin, I just think it is hilarious.

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

like... look at those photos.
why the heck is Stern's new pin sitting on a driveway ?

I don't know, it looks pretty legit ... well, not the driveway pic...but the others?

#406 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Upper PF has sling kickers, Bringing back Gottlieb retro

That is what I would expect Who knows, this may be pinballs latest hidden pleasure to play.

#431 9 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

comic books made into movies

Based on the box office numbers I would say the demographic for these movies are more than old men, but you may be on to something with the 80s bands and WWE... (not sure about that for sure though)

#435 9 years ago

You know what, after some time to reflect on this I wouldn't mind playing it (at least once - I am curious to see how it plays). But I just don't see owning it as a possibility.

#437 9 years ago

So are you saying it is very different, or very fake?

#441 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Different. The Lane guides, or whatever they are called, look unique.

Could be a good pin to experiment with.

#454 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I new back at expo the wrestlemaina, game of thrones and one other title were in the pipeline from stern

And can you share what the 'one other title' is

#457 9 years ago

Wonder what Rarehero and Aurich are going to think of this ...

#462 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha, Greg's my friend, but we hardly have a hive mind

Interested to see if you had heard the news yet and your thoughts - thanks

#463 9 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

while polishing your Lord of the Rings/Wizard of OZ/Star Trek/Spider-Man/Tron/Fill-in-blank

Uh, that would be two coats on the TRON please...

#468 9 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Do the shadows on the wall light and the pinball machine match up, machine looks added to me, are we being played?
image.jpg 42 KB

This pic looks very suspicious to me.

#774 9 years ago

What initially looked like a full blown disaster may actually turn out to be a winner in both gameplay and in sells. Stern and Wrestling fans may get the last laugh on this one...

#778 9 years ago

That wrestling forum is fun to read too. They have a point - 9 times out of 10 when I tell people that they are 'still' making Pinball machines they look at me with the same stunned amazement I would have got if I told them they won the lottery ...

#782 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Really?
Are you basing that on reading the posts by the same guys who rush out and bash every single Stern game based on the first blurry photo they see?
Because...that's probably not how you should judge a machine.

Heck I don't know if it was the same ones, vocal ones, disappointed ones (jaws), or what...just calling it like I saw it. But relax, it appears to be looking up if you like the pin

#788 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

This comment needs far more thumbs down than it has gotten. Probably because it is buried in a thread that is growing fast.
I have been to numerous wwe events.. many in Cleveland, Ohio. And a very large portion of the crowd is Hispanic and African-American. Maybe take a few minutes to get off your high horse and think before you say such ingnorant remarks.
I guess I'd rather be "white trash" and enjoy wrestling than have an attitude like yours.

I have to agree - there was a lot of poking fun at Wrestling, but this was below the belt I think

#884 9 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

» YouTube video
Rumor has it these guys did the music on the game .... Not Confirmed Yet

Dafuk is that

EDIT: I would say those dudes need to play a little pinball...that's right...gitrdone

#970 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Kiss will sell tens of thousands of units

What!?

#978 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Of course I lied to her a smidge on my forecasted $ difference but that's what marriage is all about.

exaggerated, not lied - that's what marriage is all about.

#1154 9 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I love how a bunch of pinball geeks shit all over wrestling and wrestling fans thinking it is all somehow beneath them. I hate to break it to you but you are no different than them. You are on a geeky game website all day posting in a message board about games. You are the same type of geek but the object of your geek desire is just slightly different.
(Disclaimer: I am both kind of geek - pinball and wrestling).
This is honestly the first new game that looks interesting enough to me that I may make a special trip to go try it out on location and actually spend money to play. That is something I haven't done since before I got in the game industry in the early 1990's.
I also believe that for locations this will probably get people to walk up and drop in a dollar to try a game that may not normally play pinball, that and the WWE is very likely to promote the game on their programming, I know they did for the Xbox Wrestlemania game I was a designer on years ago.
I am glad to see they did a WWE game and the playfield looks very interesting to me. I hope it is as fun as it looks like it could be to me based on the layout photos.

I am not above or below anyone that loves wrestling. If you are excited great, cool. This theme just makes me vomit in my mouth a bit. But I don't have any problems with Stern making it at all. Just not one I am even remotely interested in playing, let alone owning.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 18.95
$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-new-stern-game-is-wrestlemania?tu=goronic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.