hulk LE.jpg
AT-12-10-Knock-Out-Ring-2c.jpg
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
themiz.jpg
image.jpg
UltimateWarrior.jpg
Wrestlemania_29_Stage.jpg
paigeauction.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider carbonROD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#522 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Is Wrestling popular internationally? Foreign sales are very important to Stern, so maybe this theme has a built in demand from non US markets.

The majority of the TOP 10 "SPORTS DVD" sales annually in Australia have been Pro Wrestling for a long, long time. The TOP 10 annual "SPORTS DVD" sales in the US are often the same from what I can tell as well.

As repeated countless times, this may not be a title for hardcore pinheadz. But while there may be enough of us to BEGIN a resurgence there's not enough of us to FINISH the job...time to start looking for broader appeal. STERN hasn't invested in this title without studying the numbers.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1131 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

For those interested in more details about the game: Last night I talked to John Trudeau, designer of Stern's WrestleMania game. This resulted in a new free downloadable Pinball Magazine special:
http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=2440

Lots of new details about the game and upcoming LE version!
Big thanks to John Trudeau for his kind collaboration!
Enjoy!

While we hold our breath for the first look at the LE this is an INVALUABLE interview Jonathon! And correct me if I'm wrong, but based on some of your questions it appears you're quite a WWE fan?

#1216 9 years ago

What a turn around...has this thread gone from slamming the WWE to arguing over how successful it is? I guess that's a good thing.

We only get a few live shows a year here in Australia, but the fact that the WWE flies all their top talent half way round the world for a week's worth of shows highlights what sort of annual value this little market is to them.

1 week later
#1343 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Lucas is a VERY skilled player, one of the top players in Europe I'd say. He can control the ball in play. There's a couple of very good saves in the video where I would have easily drained. My ball times were also way down. I had several less than 2-minute games the past days.

Great video Jonathan! Too often gameplay footage features someone playing the game who was just wondering past & hadn't seen a pinball machine for 20 years. Your mate gave us a good look at a lot of shots.

I remember the first gameplay footage I saw of MET shot in a dark, noisy bar, being played by a couple of drunk guys was less inspiring. But it's a top example of how much a game can improve from its first location gameplay vid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider carbonROD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-new-stern-game-is-wrestlemania?tu=carbonROD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.