Topic Stats

• 1,378 posts
  • 403 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by actenium
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 133 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

wmpin2.jpg
wmpin.jpg
IMG_15639744195672.jpeg
IMG_15644309513117.jpeg
image.jpg
thunderlips.jpg
image-264.jpg
ramones_pinhead_color_human.jpg
hulk LE.jpg
AT-12-10-Knock-Out-Ring-2c.jpg
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
themiz.jpg
image.jpg
UltimateWarrior.jpg
Wrestlemania_29_Stage.jpg
paigeauction.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#459 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Wonder what Rarehero and Aurich are going to think of this ...

Haha, Greg's my friend, but we hardly have a hive mind. Guessing he's with me on this one though. Utterly uninterested. It's a new pin, so I'll follow the news and be curious, but I don't care beyond that.

Translite looks gross.

Quoted from PinPatch:

Ok so who thinks the hobbit or Woz is a better theme than this?

Haha seriously? I'm going with "massive hordes of people".

#493 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Aurich makes a "Hardbodies(ish)" back glass

I helped fix up the scan of the old WWF proto translite, and that's as close as you'll ever see me to a wrestling game project.

#825 4 years ago
Quoted from RichmanBri:

If you hate the theme(not me, but clearly plenty of you guys), you can at least be excited about Stern taking a stop forward in technology that will translate into the other releases this year and in the future.

I mean, that's cool and all, I admit I'm more curious about Spike than the actual game, but at the end of the day it's invisible stuff. I'll care if it means they stop releasing half ass coded games. Until then though it's not a huge deal to people who just want to play pinball.

#1192 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Someone in Vegas go get us video!

I did ask one of the Ars Technica writers to shoot some video if she had a chance. Our team is trying to cover the whole show though, so we'll see if that happens. I'll ask her today if I get a chance, not easy to reach them while they're wandering the floor.

#1286 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Code is clearly in its infancy. I wouldn't even begin to judge it until LEs ship.

Even then, wait a year.

#1308 4 years ago

Thanks for the video. I got bored a few minutes in and stopped watching, so maybe I missed the odd thing. The upper playfield is a cool gimmick, but I'm tired of it already and I haven't even flipped. Hopefully it's more fun to play than see someone else do it.

Is it just me or are the sound effects totally weird? They sound like old school video game bleeps, not really what I think of for a WWE pin, like when the slings go off.

#1310 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I assumed the bleeps were simply placeholders in the early code for the eventual audio cues or callouts.

I sure hope so! But seems kinda weird to be showing it at a big show and not even bother to at least put in sling sounds that aren't totally weird.

#1330 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I love battle the power on TZ and don't feel it ever gets old. Challenging to beat it at times or fun to do and hear the laughter when you don't get.

What if you could play Battle The Power every time you hit a ramp shot in TZ?

I dunno, I still think it's a clever idea. I just feel like this is a location game, not home use. Fine, sell 400 LEs to people who really want the old school wrestlers, and I'm sure the game will still be fun. But a long term keeper? I just don't see it. Rather drop quarters on location and play the upper playfield, grin, and then walk away a few bucks lighter, instead of $5000+.

3 weeks later
#1352 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Do you guys think the disc will help the ring action?

I'm struggling to see how. I mean, it might be fun in the short term, all wild and bouncy and wacky. But once the novelty wears off it seems like it would be pretty impossible to actually apply that much skill and accuracy to it. A spinning disk + loose control from the slings = somewhat out of control bouncing.

Once I've done it enough times and I'm looking for strategy and scoring opportunities it sounds frustrating. That said, I haven't tried it, so maybe it's cooler than what I'm describing. I kind of doubt it though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Seekonk, MA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 26.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside