hulk LE.jpg
AT-12-10-Knock-Out-Ring-2c.jpg
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
themiz.jpg
image.jpg
UltimateWarrior.jpg
Wrestlemania_29_Stage.jpg
paigeauction.png
There are 1,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 28.
#301 9 years ago

So no one will complain this time if Stern ships most of the Wrestlemania LE's out to foreign markets ?

#302 9 years ago

John Trudeau appears to be the designer:

https://www.facebook.com/wrestlemaniapinball

Brad

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

I think WWE's market cap is about a billion dollars. It's a big company, many shows a year, makes substantial amounts of money, but that's not what I was saying. The point was, there's all this talk about it not being 'cool' and no one can believe it's a thing because it's not popular or cool or whatever. I'm saying, we're on a pinball site, it's probably not the coolest thing in the world to most outside people either. And like it or not, Star Trek isn't that cool to people not involved in Star Trek.

Trust me I am not a Trekkie. I enjoy the movies, but I really believe those buying pinball are way more into Star Trek than WWE. Maybe this will do good in bowling alleys, but probably not at your local barcode. What do I know?

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Worse than all of these combined....I can't even think of a worse commercial license by any manufacturer. Literally.

I can't argue with you at all on this.

Just terrible.

#305 9 years ago

I can only assume Stern has done their market research and see a significant opportunity in the license.
To be honest, I didn't know WWF was still around.
Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Will there even be an LE?

WW FLE could come with:
a. Hound Dog
b. Garage sale lawn chair
c. bondo
d. Used (and signed) hulk hogan headband
e. set up on blocks instead of metal legs
f. needing a little work NIB, so expect to do some repairs & new paint job before using
g. extra pre-order discount for married cousins
h. each pinball game is pre-scripted

can't wait to see what they do with the wrestling stage on the playfield.
wonder if it'll be like rock-em-sock-em robots?
this is going to be interesting to see in person.

sign me up

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Just terrible.

Does "Experts of Dangerous" count?

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Just terrible.

Am I actually agreeing with Rob T on something here ? Uh oh....

#309 9 years ago

As long as George 'the Animal' Steele is in it, I'll give it a play
image-7.jpgimage-7.jpg

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

ohn Trudeau appears to be the designer:

https://www.facebook.com/wrestlemaniapinball

Brad

That site looks to have scraped the STLE backbox pic herbertbsharp posted here and labeled it as the WWE one. I'm intrigued by the extra hardware the WWE pics seem to show.

#311 9 years ago
Quoted from marvelusmarvcus:

The upper playfield is a wrestling ring!
AWESOME
Hoping they got the license for cheap and actually devoted the funds to the code and design. Every time I actually like a Stern theme, I end up disliking the game play.
2015 should be an interesting year of new pinball releases.

I hope the balls don't get stuck under their arms!

#312 9 years ago

I don't think the theme is bad. Has potential to really offer some unique playfield and rule options. The product is also popular with kids and I'm guessing WWE will promote it a bit which is more than any other property has been willing to do.

The Royal Rumble game seems to have gone through a minor resurgence and I don't see why this wouldn't be fun too. Props to Stern for at least thinking outside the box a bit when it comes to themes.

#313 9 years ago

And I was actually hoping they wouldn't do the Muppets

#314 9 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Am I actually agreeing with Rob T on something here ? Uh oh....

This theme is a Pinside unifier. Hugs

#315 9 years ago

No hulk hogan and mister t, out.

#316 9 years ago

Your fault!! I would have taken the muppets over this x 1000

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Sterns next title: Tractor Pull pinball.

Suddenly "Die-Nosores vs Monster Trucks" doesn't sound that bad.

332664-i.jpg332664-i.jpg

#318 9 years ago

So much hate. I watched wrestling when I was young, then again in my early twenties, now again with my kids. Sure it's scripted but it's lots of fun. Wrestlemania does big business. Always has. Going over 30 years now. It's obviously a very niche theme but could strongly appeal to families, and reaching kids is the future of pinball.

Hopefully they do a good job with it and it's not a lightly coded cheesey mess.

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Your fault!! I would have taken the muppets over this x 1000

My bad, and I would think that The Muppets would appeal more to kids than Wrestlemania..

#320 9 years ago

I hope you guys said the same judgmental stuff about Pat Lawlor and Nascar, essentially same "theme" that people seem to "like" but you know, same crowd of people like Nascar and WWE.

Just sayin', don't be judgmental.

Look at Road Show.

ROAD SHOW. Same exact style of people everyone seems to be poking fun at.

Wait until the game comes out.

Just amazes me again, WWE is a huge freaking license, and the people mad about it don't seem to realize this and act like they know what sells pinball machines for some reason.

Unless you own your own pinball company and have almost 30 years involved in it, I would not really say there is a reason to contradict this pinball which will probably do very well sales wise, especially with operators on location.

#321 9 years ago

This could be a long term play for stern . Could be a great game that the kids love and get them hooked on pinball and a next generation of buyers are going strong when the older guys start fading away. I hope it does well and is a blast to play . I remember vividly getting drenched in beer as opposing fans started a fight during a sold out title match between wicked nick bockwinkle and mad dog and of course nick got disqualified and keep his title belt . All in good fun

#322 9 years ago

Hmmm, the LE could have the likes of

Roddy Piper
Andre the Giant
Tito Santana
Ricky Steamboat
The Junkyard Dog!
Red Rooster
Hillbilly Jim
Iron Sheik
King Kong Bundy
Dino Bravo

Redneck heaven

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from goalzzz:

332664-i.jpg 50 KB

Cadillacs & dinosaurs was a game, cartoon & comic

Just swap truck out

#324 9 years ago

Dream theme! Plus WWE has all the rights to all of their properties, this means theme music, for new and old superstars!

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The LE comes with a folding chair. You use it to hit the game instead of ball search.

This made me spit out my rice crispy cereal I'm eating at 10pm at night! LOL.

If a rug can be cool why not a chair.

#326 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

It's all in fun - like 'you might me a redneck jokes' - it's just for laughs.

#327 9 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

Dream theme! Plus WWE has all the rights to all of their properties, this means theme music, for new and old superstars!

Great point! The theme may be meh to many but the voices will likely not be voice actors. Just athletic actors.

#328 9 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

I'm saying, we're on a pinball site, it's probably not the coolest thing in the world to most outside people either. And like it or not, Star Trek isn't that cool to people not involved in Star Trek.

Yup. The top 100 of this site is hardly the bastion of what cool kids are into. Dogging wrestling fans in this environment comes off like throwing a group of like-minded friends under the bus to try and gain cool cred.

Hate to break it to everyone, but the cool kids of the world still think you're a dork. Your space wars, fantasy frolic, comic book spandex dudes, and senior citizen's garage band themes...at face value...are about as ridiculous as the muscle men fake fighting game.

So I'm just not sure who most of you are going to actually impress by dissing wrestling, while polishing your Lord of the Rings/Wizard of OZ/Star Trek/Spider-Man/Tron/Fill-in-blank?

...your mommas?

#329 9 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Could be a great game that the kids love and get them hooked on pinball and a next generation of buyers are going strong when the older guys start fading away.

Lets not get carried away.

Any new pinball machine is gonna be fun to discuss and see how it plays.

This one won't be "owned" no matter what.

Kids aren't ever gonna get hooked on pinball unless Multimorphic figures it out and keeps evolving.

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from goalzzz:

It never did!

#331 9 years ago

Classy Freddie Blassie Pencil Neck Geek Approved!

#332 9 years ago

Kinda wish this came out during the "Attitude Era" with Stone Cold and The Rock when they where at their prime. This game is already going to be out of date when it comes out because Brock Lesner is supposedly leaving the company after this month's Royal Rumble and won't be staying until Wrestlemania in April. I hope the stuff people are saying that John had more time to design this then Mustang was true. Still do not care for it.

*Wrestling fan rant, of course Super Cena is front and center on the game and they have Roman Reigns on it because their trying their damnedest to push the hell out of him. Meanwhile where the hell is Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler or Dean ****ing Ambrose?

#333 9 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

Yup. The top 100 of this site is hardly the bastion of what cool kids are into. Dogging wrestling fans in this environment comes off like throwing a group of like-minded friends under the bus to try and gain cool cred.
Hate to break it to everyone, but the cool kids of the world still think you're a dork. Your Space Wars, fantasy frolic, comic book spandex dudes, and senior citizen's garage band themes...at face value...are about as ridiculous as the muscle men fake fighting game.
So I'm just not sure who most of you are going to actually impress by dissing wrestling, while polishing your Lord of the Rings/Wizard of OZ/Star Trek/Spider-Man/Tron/Fill-in-blank?

...your mommas?

HAHAHAHA amazing points

#334 9 years ago

Could be a Fun Game.....More Action I hope then this ring!...(love this game anyway)

knock down.jpgknock down.jpg
#335 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I hope you guys said the same judgmental stuff about Pat Lawlor and Nascar, essentially same "theme" that people seem to "like" but you know, same crowd of people like Nascar and WWE.
Look at Road Show.
Road Show. Same exact style of people everyone seems to be poking fun at.
Wait until the game comes out.
Just amazes me again, WWE is a huge freaking license, and the people mad about it don't seem to realize this and act like they know what sells pinball machines for some reason.
Unless you own your own pinball company and have almost 30 years involved in it, I would not really say there is a reason to contradict this pinball which will probably do very well sales wise, especially with operators on location.

No argument from me. But some of us just like to joke around.

I love Wheel of Fortune but you should have heard me bagging on that when it was announced. I suggested it come with a cane rest and cup holder for your teeth.

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

...your mommas

Perfect thread for a good ole fashioned your momma joke

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

I doubt they'll do anything retro. Maybe for grandpa Hogan, but I doubt we would see anything bad ass like the Legion of Doom or Jake the Snake Roberts.

#338 9 years ago

My most recent pinball purchase was a boxing themed game. That being said, it only cost around $500.

#339 9 years ago

I think was a ploy to increase Mustang sales.

#340 9 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I doubt they'll do anything retro. Maybe for grandpa Hogan, but I doubt we would see anything bad ass like the Legion of Doom or Jake the Snake Roberts.

If there are multiple versions I guarantee one of them is a throwback

#341 9 years ago

Perhaps this will start Stern's 'rent to own' pinball initiative?

#343 9 years ago

I knew it all the time!

Ted & iron shiek.jpgTed & iron shiek.jpg
#344 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#345 9 years ago
Quoted from MoonJump:

*Wrestling fan rant, of course Super Cena is front and center on the game and they have Roman Reigns on it because their trying their damnedest to push the hell out of him. Meanwhile where the hell is Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler or Dean ****ing Ambrose?

"Feed me more" - where's Ryback?

I do love Kane on the front - brother of the Undertaker.

#346 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Posted in another thread

image.jpg 42 KB

No legs must be the photoshopped premium version.

All jokes aside I stopped paying attention to wrestling in the 90s. I agree it is still very popular in certain places. Very interested to play it but unless it is amazing I cannot see owning it.

I will believe it when I see it on Stern's webpage.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#348 9 years ago

4chan-1333529277586.jpg4chan-1333529277586.jpg
#349 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I knew it all the time!

Why did I know you would have an appropriate picture.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-new-stern-game-is-wrestlemania/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.