hulk LE.jpg
AT-12-10-Knock-Out-Ring-2c.jpg
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
themiz.jpg
image.jpg
UltimateWarrior.jpg
Wrestlemania_29_Stage.jpg
paigeauction.png
There are 1,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 28.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm still struggling to figure out how far back you have to go to match a theme as bad as this one for Stern

About 20 years.
tn_image-35.jpgtn_image-35.jpg

#252 9 years ago

Anyone know who is the designer? Can't be Borg so it's either Trudeau or Gomez...most likely Gomez.

#253 9 years ago

The upper playfield is a wrestling ring!
AWESOME

Hoping they got the license for cheap and actually devoted the funds to the code and design. Every time I actually like a Stern theme, I end up disliking the game play.

2015 should be an interesting year of new pinball releases.

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

I suggest you tune your TV in to some MMA cage fighting and see how real men fight. Blood everywhere, broken bones, near lethal knockouts etc. Then you might re-evaluate what you just said.

Wrestling is for kids who believe in fantasy, super hero powers, and satan clause.

I watch some MMA as well if it's on while I'm channel surfing. Love all the Brazilian style submission holds.

That being said - I stand by my statement that wrestlers are major athletes. I'd suggest you tune in and re-evaluate your statement. Whether pre determined outcomes and pull back punches, there are some amazing athletic moves going on by "Big men". Falling off the top of a cage onto four tables doesn't tickle either, regardless what they are made of. And when I see a 6-7, 300+ guy leap over another guy, color me impressed. Whether fake or not, I respect the athleticism.

#255 9 years ago

From the blurry pic it kind of reminds me of WPT
Let's hope the game is fun with a not so good art package

image-862.jpgimage-862.jpg
#256 9 years ago

They missed the timing of this theme by about 30 years. If Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat is not anywhere on this pin, I'm not interested.

#257 9 years ago

I see a lot of people saying this is targeted to OPs, but I question that. What location are these going to work at? Barcades - No. Bars - No. I don't know many people that are in the 25+ age range that even mention WWE. Where are OP's supposed to put these at? I won't be placing one at either barcade.

#258 9 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

and satan claus.

tell me more of this satan claus you speak of.

they probably had the license for awhile and with the purgatorial hold ups on MMR, threw it into production.

I'll probably play it just like mustang, and I imagine my reaction will be similar, and shared.

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I watch some MMA as well if it's on while I'm channel surfing. Love all the Brazilian style submission holds.
That being said - I stand by my statement that wrestlers are major athletes. I'd suggest you tune in and re-evaluate your statement. Whether pre determined outcomes and pull back punches, there are some amazing athletic moves going on by "Big men". Falling off the top of a cage onto four tables doesn't tickle either, regardless what they are made of. And when I see a 6-7, 300+ guy leap over another guy, color me impressed. Whether fake or not, I respect the athleticism.

How long before a Wrestlemania pin shows up on RAW and Mick Foley gets suplexed onto it?

Rob

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Yeah, probably shouldn't have left that backglass out in the open. Doh!

Stephanie, HHH and WWE logo is on the front.

#261 9 years ago

looks like PPS has just locked in my $ for staying with MMRLE

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

24? No, this is worse. CSI? This is at least as bad as that. WoF?

Gotta be kidding Rob, all three of those pins are X10 this might be as bad as Popeye though.

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Can any wrestling fans on here kindly explain why Stern would release this title now?

Wrestlemania season starts in a couple weeks.

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

They missed the timing of this theme by about 30 years.

From the company that brought you AC/DC and Metallica....

#265 9 years ago

Gomez!

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

looks like PPS has just locked in my $ for staying with MMRLE

They have to be thrilled, along with JJP and everybody else.

Game of Thrones on the other hand.

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Who knew there was a season? Do they spend the off-season rehearsing all the scenes?

#268 9 years ago

add nascar to that amazing list

Quoted from PW79:

Know what
You haters all can suck it
I'm gonna get the M'r F'n redneck Stern quartet.
What is that you ask?
ACDC, BBH, MET & WWE
Mustang would fit in there nicely too but I'm a Honda guy

#270 9 years ago

Stern are always good for a laugh but this one really takes the cake.

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Who cares?

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

How long before a Wrestlemania pin shows up on RAW and Mick Foley gets suplexed onto it?

Rob

Agreed. As soon as they are released I bet in the back room someone will be playing it and "booh yah" Mick Foley slammed through it.

BTW - booh yah tip of the hat to the late great Stewart Scott.

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

I'm guessing this pin is gonna sell like hot cakes in the orange and yellow states

turdferguson.jpg 93 KB

Ever heard of the guys at Giant Bomb? Video game journalists and internet personalities. HUUUGGGEEEE wrestling fans. All of them 30-somethings and smack dab in the heart of...

... WAIT FOR IT...

San Francisco!

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/premium/
http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/search/?forum_search[q]=wrestling&page=1

#274 9 years ago

Sadly, a big change from now versus several years ago is that the full featured games are so high in price, it is much harder for the home buyer to take the position "I don't care about the theme or the art etc, the game plays great" (And even in that regard, the great playing aspect might take a year waiting for code)

While this theme is not doing it for many, the wrestling franchise is huge and it obviously appeals to a younger crowd. For example, Toys R Us has tons of wrestling stuff on the shelves.

So if this theme gets more kids playing pinball, then good for Stern and the pinball hobby.

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

add Nascar to that amazing list

i wonder if Stern's next pin after WWF might be Duck Dynasty or Honey Booboo ?

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-announces-higher-wrestlemania-30-buyrate.php
So they sold 690,000 PPV's, at what $50 a pop? I think that qualifies. I'm not buying the pin, but I think we could all look in the mirror a bit.

Apples and oranges. The Star Trek reboot cost $140 million to make. A big investment. It paid off with about $600 million paid back. The last one cost more, but did as well.

Wrestle Mania made $34.5 million, according to your numbers. What were their costs? I'm not saying it is potatoes, but not the same league, by far.

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Sadly, a big change from now versus several years ago is that the full featured games are so high in price, it is much harder for the home buyer to take the position "I don't care about the theme or the art etc, the game plays great" (And even in that regard, the great playing aspect might take a year waiting for code)
While this theme is not doing it for many, the wrestling franchise is huge and it obviously appeals to a younger crowd. For example, Toys R Us has tons of wrestling stuff on the shelves.
So if this theme gets more kids playing pinball, then good for Stern and the pinball hobby.

More kids playing where? The barcades?

#278 9 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

add Nascar to that amazing list

Dogh, you motorboatinsunnabitch that's a good idea!!!

Why am I so STOKED for WWE!?!?

Look at that loaded up PF!

#280 9 years ago

Not my kind of theme for sure but I agree with many that this game will sell just fine for Stern. And with that wrestling ring at the top of the playfield I'm very interested in playing this game.

That said I just cannot contain myself from busting balls here:

Sterns next title: Tractor Pull pinball.

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Is Wrestling popular internationally? Foreign sales are very important to Stern, so maybe this theme has a built in demand from non US markets.

WWE does well in the UK. It does well in Canada. Other pockets as well globally yes.

Just don't believe WWE numbers on, well, anything. They'll tell you ridiculous stuff like 75% of the U.S. has an affinity for WWE...which begs the question why can they only get about 600,000 people to pay $10 a month for their network.

#282 9 years ago

I'm in for a LE.

Said no-one ever.

#283 9 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

I'm in for a LE.
Said no-one ever.

Will there even be an LE?

#284 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Sterns next title: Tractor Pull pinball.

I'm skipping WWE, but count me in on that!

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

They have their own Network it is $10 a month.
http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork

And lost untold millions on PPV thanks to it.

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How many pins can fit in a mobile home?

This is a candidate for the funniest post of the year. Do you think we should make a thread to capture the funniest posts?

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How many pins can fit in a mobile home?

That's a trick question

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

I see a lot of people saying this is targeted to OPs, but I question that. What location are these going to work at? Barcades - No. Bars - No. I don't know many people that are in the 25+ age range that even mention WWE. Where are OP's supposed to put these at? I won't be placing one at either barcade.

25+? You'd be surprised. Their biggest demo is 50+ (an odd thing, but older people traditionally love wrestling), second is 35-49, and third is 18-34. Like I've said, I'm skeptical of the pinball appeal, I'm just fascinated that it's a brand where people's preconceptions of the viewership are grossly out of line with the actual stats.

#289 9 years ago

If this doesn't sink Stern,nothing will. It can't be for real.

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Apples and oranges. The Star Trek reboot cost $140 million to make. A big investment. It paid off with about $600 million paid back. The last one cost more, but did as well.
Wrestle Mania made $34.5 million, according to your numbers. What were their costs? I'm not saying it is potatoes, but not the same league, by far.

I think WWE's market cap is about a billion dollars. It's a big company, many shows a year, makes substantial amounts of money, but that's not what I was saying. The point was, there's all this talk about it not being 'cool' and no one can believe it's a thing because it's not popular or cool or whatever. I'm saying, we're on a pinball site, it's probably not the coolest thing in the world to most outside people either. And like it or not, Star Trek isn't that cool to people not involved in Star Trek.

#291 9 years ago

The LE comes with a folding chair. You use it to hit the game instead of ball search.

#292 9 years ago

Interested to play but to sink 8k into this theme I will pass for sure. Not to mention it does matter what theme Stern comes out with they have lost me as a NIB customer with their incompetence for incomplete games.

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I love all 3 of those movies???

Well, I did put "terrible" in parentheses as is the word about the movies in general. Demo Man is the only movie I liked out of those, lol

#294 9 years ago

I'm not drinking the WWE Kool Aid!

image-343.jpgimage-343.jpg

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

I'm in for a LE.
Said no-one ever.

Maybe there won't even be an LE? It certainly would keep production costs down to just have one model. The ring does look like an interesting toy, unlike the lacklustre toys in TWD, Mustang and ST. It's about time that maybe a Stern game had a decent toy in it. Will this be it?

Rob

#296 9 years ago

I'm shocked Hitler hasn't weighed in yet...

Somebody get crackin' already !

#297 9 years ago

Can't wait for the "Wrestlemania Club - Members only" thread.

One page by 2017...

#298 9 years ago

I will happily wait with an open mind for gameplay videos.

I am honestly more jazzed with this than TWD as a theme, and I have not seen wrestling since ~1998 ish? When The Rock was still having people smell what he was cookin'. I can at least see this as a "maybe" going into my gameroom, if somehow the gameplay is mind bendingly awesome.

But lets be honest. Based on recent releases it will more than likely have half assed code at launch, will sell like crap and become abandonware by this June if not sooner. Wee, time to run another VE...

#299 9 years ago

You guys crack me up - this is the most fun I have had reading a thread on pinside

Thanks!

#300 9 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

I think WWE's market cap is about a billion dollars. It's a big company, many shows a year, makes substantial amounts of money, but that's not what I was saying. The point was, there's all this talk about it not being 'cool' and no one can believe it's a thing because it's not popular or cool or whatever. I'm saying, we're on a pinball site, it's probably not the coolest thing in the world to most outside people either. And like it or not, Star Trek isn't that cool to people not involved in Star Trek.

WWE's market cap was cut in half recently. They are screwed.......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 1,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-new-stern-game-is-wrestlemania/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.