hulk LE.jpg
AT-12-10-Knock-Out-Ring-2c.jpg
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
themiz.jpg
image.jpg
UltimateWarrior.jpg
Wrestlemania_29_Stage.jpg
paigeauction.png
There are 1,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 28.
#201 9 years ago

Does anybody find it interesting that nobody heard a peep out of the Distros looking to get funds ante'd up for this launch?

Did they even know?

Gotta believe Stern knows they aren't selling this through pinheads right?

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Remember, there are 3 markets that Gary sells to: OPs, Collectors, and Individual owners. This pin in clearly targeted at OPs, so they don't have to actually SELL this pin to those wrestling fans, as long as those fans are willing to pump a bunch of quarters and dollar bills through them on route.

Valid point, I could see this doing well on route. I know places where WWFRR is still on route, and buddies of mine hunt it down and drive long distances just to play it.

#203 9 years ago

I can see how this license can be beneficial to pinball. Wrasslin's main demographic is young children. This could potentially do well in certain locations, where a younger generation could wind up giving pinball more of a chance (I'd be surprised if this doesn't hit Chuck E Cheese). It isn't all about the basement market, yah know?

I also wouldn't sell the game short just because of theme. Every show I bring my WWFRR to, someone who isn't a wrestling fan is offering to buy it, and at least a handful of people who are "above watching wrestling" wind up really enjoying it.

Personally, WWFRR is like having a GI Joe or Transformers pin. It's a nostalgic icon of my childhood. I don't have a desire to own a machine with the current wrestlers in it, BUT, I don't think I'm the target audience for this license*. It's likely kids and operators.

P.S. *=...unless Randy Savage is in it.

#204 9 years ago

So we're going to have Wrestlemania, GoT and then Kiss it seems. Didn't see this one coming.

#205 9 years ago

Hillbilly Jim from Walking Dead Pinball would be perfect for this title

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Yes! But not buying it lol

image-728.jpg 15 KB

Can someone photoshop this for me onto the the translight of the game pic lol

#207 9 years ago

Anyone want to sell me there AC/DC Luci so they can buy Wrestlemania?

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Not everyone is the same though.
You said it, "we" know themes, who is "we" anyway? Pinside????
Are you kidding me?????
Shadow, Demolition Man, Dracula. Those are pins based on "terrible" movies. Games are great though.
The "theme" pins for mancaves that people do try and are car based (Corvette/Mustang) are awful awful awful.
If the game is good I could care less what the theme is. I don't play games based on "theme", if I did that should I say no to Kiss because I like Metallica or AC/DC music better if that ever comes out?
No one should judge or say anything about this game because like I said before with Tron you have people that (especially on here) care more about looks than playability and that is where I see a lot of the complaints coming from.
Tron was a great pin. Some people hated the theme and hated the pin because...they didn't like the theme. Then they realized it was a great pin. So now everyone wants one.
Avengers has a great theme. Pin is subpar.
You see what I am getting at? It's never cut and dry. Seeing the complaining about the theme of the pin just magnifies what I have been saying for years about people being judgmental in the pinball community.
Give the game a chance.

I love all 3 of those movies???

#209 9 years ago

This theme is a fail, oh well.

#210 9 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

To everyone complaining about wrestling not being the coolest, you do realize that we're on a website talking about, modding, driving insane distances, buying, selling, pinball machines right? While we have fun with it, I doubt that it's generally viewed as the coolest thing in the world by the general public. There's a Star Trek pinball machine and everyone thinks that's ok. Star Trek.

Okay, I'm waiting for the next multi-million dollar Wrestle Mania movie to come out.

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

You guys are funny. Wrestling is bigger than it ever has been. Just because everyone "stopped watching it" when they were younger does not mean everyone else has. They have a freaking WWE Network as well right now if you want to be reintroduced to the older stuff.

Besides, I remember quite well the bitching and moaning about Tron. We saw how well that turned out. Give the game a chance, sheesh.

+1

I sometimes stop while channel surfing to watch a few high flying moves. Fake or not these guys are athletes. Wrestling is still huge and McMahon is one smart cookie. His own channel, PPV and live events across the US, toy line, and many of the biggest stars cross over into mainstream movies (Rock, Mike Battista (Guardians of Galaxy), and the other guy who plays a hitman can't recall his name). Why not team up for a pinball machine and draw in a new crowd??

It's not my dream theme or one I was after but I'm interested to see what it looks and plays like. Retro wrestlers would be cool for an LE like whysnow mentioned. For many of you who claim to be pinball purists, I thought themes didn't matter? LMAO

And nothing is worse than the Rolling Stones pin.

#212 9 years ago

You guys need to stop saying that wrestling is fake! That's not true! It's just as real as any other professional sport, and if you keep spouting these lies, we're gonna settle it in the cage! It'll be a Loser Leave Town, Multi-Ball, I Quit, Death Match. Dammit!!!!

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

It's cool. I was just messing with you. Will pass judgement when I play it. Maybe cool, may suck balls.

Careful, you might offend people with such talk

Also that banner sure is objectifying women

image.jpgimage.jpg
#214 9 years ago
Quoted from leisure:

I think if Gary released "Gary Stern's Tanning Salon" pinball I would be more excited than this.

garystern.jpg 12 KB

I don't think that's a tan. Looks like someone has been hitting the Scotch for a couple hours.

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Maybe the LE will feature the WWE Divas.

RAW_1124_Photo_043-867495085.jpg 38 KB

Bring on the HUO sales!

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Okay, I'm waiting for the next multi-million dollar Wrestle Mania movie to come out.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-announces-higher-wrestlemania-30-buyrate.php

So they sold 690,000 PPV's, at what $50 a pop? I think that qualifies. I'm not buying the pin, but I think we could all look in the mirror a bit.

#217 9 years ago

Theme makes no sense. My opinion is people with disposable income for pinball machines are not much of a wrestling fan. I could be wrong but seems like an early April fools....

#218 9 years ago

I've come to realize that theme has very little to do with whether or not I like a game.

Good thing, I guess.

#219 9 years ago

Playfield actually looks pretty cool. Not a theme that I would be looking to buy on the other hand it is all for fun. I used to watch wrestling as a kid. To me this is an average theme. Way better than KISS or WoZ at least.

I look forward to playing it and I don't doubt that Stern is in some sort of marketing deal with the WWE. They will not lose money on this game. They might not sell a lot to pinsiders, but who the F cares as long as they are bringing new people into the hobby? I just delivered a TWD to a rich lady who had no clue what a pinball machine even is. Her kids saw it on the TWD TV show and she bought it for them for Christmas.

#220 9 years ago

Looks like my Iron Man Ve just doubled in value !

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from Toddzilla:

Theme makes no sense. My opinion is people with disposable income for pinball machines are not much of a wrestling fan. I could be wrong but seems like an early April fools....

You're not the target market.

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Anybody actually a WWE fan right now? . Im just about 15 years out of it.

If the formula works, why fix it? Still more current than what a lot of people were begging for. That being said, I'm saving my money and my TronLE.

#223 9 years ago

You are looking at the next high dollar resale pin to come out in a while... no one buys it and it turns out to be a great playing pin and the scramble begins until the VE comes out. History repeats itself.

#224 9 years ago

$1500, no wait .... $2k by Christmas.

#225 9 years ago

I'm guessing this pin is gonna sell like hot cakes in the orange and yellow states

turdferguson.jpgturdferguson.jpg

#226 9 years ago

Kind of glad it wasn't KISS after all. I can now use the $5500 to buy a few nice used games off of Craig's List instead this year.

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

You are looking at the next high dollar resale pin to come out in a while... no one buys it and it turns out to be a great playing pin and the same scramble begins until the VE comes out. History repeats itself.

Not this time....

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-announces-higher-wrestlemania-30-buyrate.php
So they sold 690,000 PPV's, at what $50 a pop? I think that qualifies. I'm not buying the pin, but I think we could all look in the mirror a bit.

They have their own Network it is $10 a month.
http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

+1
Fake or not these guys are athletes.

I suggest you tune your TV in to some MMA cage fighting and see how real men fight. Blood everywhere, broken bones, near lethal knockouts etc. Then you might re-evaluate what you just said.

Wrestling is for kids who believe in fantasy, super hero powers, and satan claus.

#230 9 years ago

Maybe this'll be the pin that brings prices back down to reality.

#231 9 years ago

The Pro cabinet should be modeled after the Spanish announcer's table.

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If the formula works, why fix it? Still more current than what a lot of people were begging for. That being said, I'm saving my money and my TronLE.

Agree, wasn't a dig, Im just not sure who any of those guys on the banner are. Genuinely interested.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

Worse than Mustang, and I didn't think that was possible!

Bahahahahahahaha. Horraweful!!!!!!

#234 9 years ago

Now I really want a Hobbit.
Or get back in on MMr.

#235 9 years ago

I can't add this to my wishlist yet!

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Valid point, I could see this doing well on route. I know places where WWFRR is still on route, and buddies of mine hunt it down and drive long distances just to play it.

Is Wrestling popular internationally? Foreign sales are very important to Stern, so maybe this theme has a built in demand from non US markets.

#237 9 years ago

Again stern marketing fail. Avoid there target buyers and unveil with a Facebook post at a non pinball market event

#238 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Did Stern really show a new pin at CES with the pf flipped up?

Preshow. Guessing it was open to warm up to room temp

#239 9 years ago

First Mustang and then this turd of a theme. Wow Stern you sure need some help in your theme choosing. Someone PM me when Iron Maiden gets announced, please.

#240 9 years ago

#241 9 years ago

I'm still struggling to figure out how far back you have to go to match a theme as bad as this one for Stern?

24? No, this is worse. CSI? This is at least as bad as that. WoF?

#242 9 years ago

I'll take an LE if it is "re-themed" with 80s wrestling icons. Stern would be silly to pass up the opportunity actually. It is a completely different demographic they could tap into by replacing John Cena with Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Plenty of guys out there, like me, have a passion for sports entertainment as it was in its 80s infancy who totally dismiss the WWE in its current state.

Rob
Creditdotpinball.com

#243 9 years ago

I hear Stern's next title is going to be hot chicks and naked dudes reporting the news
idiocracy_pinball.jpgidiocracy_pinball.jpg
idiocracy_MONEY.pngidiocracy_MONEY.png

#244 9 years ago

I cant wait to save my $$$.

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm still struggling to figure out how far back you have to go to match a theme as bad as this one for Stern?
24? No, this is worse. CSI? This is at least as bad as that. WoF?

Worse than all of these combined....I can't even think of a worse commercial license by any manufacturer. Literally.

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wrestling fans won't buy a dozen of these pins! Nor do they play pinball

Fwiw, the boardgame store I operate my pins in has a lot of customers that play my pinball machines and a big part of them love wrestling.

#247 9 years ago

RKO.jpegRKO.jpeg

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Guessing it was open to warm up to room temp

Or to save the Show Rep from further embarrassment...

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

idiocracy_MONEY.png 339 KB

Hahahaha, this picture.

#250 9 years ago

Know what

You haters all can suck it

I'm gonna get the M'r F'n redneck Stern quartet.

What is that you ask?

ACDC, BBH, MET & WWE

Mustang would fit in there nicely too but I'm a Honda guy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

There are 1,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-new-stern-game-is-wrestlemania/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.