hulk LE.jpg
AT-12-10-Knock-Out-Ring-2c.jpg
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
themiz.jpg
image.jpg
UltimateWarrior.jpg
Wrestlemania_29_Stage.jpg
paigeauction.png
There are 1,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 28.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from c3trey:

It's curious to me how much people underestimate the popularity of the franchise. The WWE pulls in a half billion in revenue a year and has a top ten rated cable program (top five if you exclude football) every week going back 15+ years. In terms of sheer numbers, it's a monster license (bigger than most they've run with) and it's not hard to see why Stern might think it'd be more attractive to operators than a 30 year-old band. I'm skeptical it'll pull in a pinball crowd, but the thinking is clear.

That's all fine and dandy but I can assure you I'm not buying this and putting it on route here in Seattle.

Maybe I'll be getting a Hobbit after all...

#152 9 years ago

Not for me at all. Hope those excited like it.

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Not for me at all. Hope those excited like it.

Yeah same here. Going to pass on this one.

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

And that does blow my mind - do people realize this is not actually a sport, but guys fake fighting and throwing each other around and yelling?

Do you ask TWD fans if they realize it isn't a documentary and people aren't actually killing zombies? It's a lowbrow soap with some impressive athleticism and stunt work. The appeal is pretty clear. I have a good time with it, but it's not a hill I'm going to die on or anything. Like a lot of entertainment, it works best if you take it on its own terms.

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

But at least I 'know' that is fiction
As well as Star Wars, Star Trek, Avengers, ... (what's your point again?)

Most people know wrestling is acting too! That's why they call it entertainment.
What's your point again?

#156 9 years ago

Hard to believe everyone here would judge a new pin before they even see the playfield, play the game, or know any information. /sarcasm

You people are amazing. I think it's hilarious that this came from way out of left field and basically blindsided everyone. Not every game will be what you want.

See it, play it, give it a chance. Then hate it if you want to.

Chris

#157 9 years ago

It's not about real or fake it's just a white trash stupid theme. Best case for stern is the pro is some amazing game and we can buy an alternate hot chicks wrestinlg translite. But the pro better be fun amazing.
Honestly this theme will turn dollars to everything else.
They really could have stolen the show with everyone being uneasy. Now MMr,TBL and Hobbit dollars are going to be locked in.
Shame

#158 9 years ago

I think that pinheads will shit all over the theme and Stern will sell plenty of them to wrestling fans. (Yea, there are a ton of them)

It's a pretty nerdy hobby, sci-fi and comics do really well on pinside as do rock themes. I'm not into this either but I have a buddy who might be making this his first NIB.

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well I don't drive a pick up and have all my teeth so I'm out.

A friend of mine literally had a tooth crack and fall out last week. I'll tell him to get his funding ready.

#160 9 years ago

Fuck me... Here we go.. Stern just switch there coin door... Good news for me is I carry those big ass plates and can put my headphone kits in them

#161 9 years ago

Right, wrestling fans have that kind of money...

#162 9 years ago

All i care is to see the pf and how it shoots.

Stern has not made a theme yet that i like and gameplay is what matters.

#163 9 years ago

Haven't been a fan of pro wrestling since late 80's, but it seems that the popular ticket these days would be a MMA/UFC theme. Not into that either, just from observing the PPV events advertised in recent years.

I suppose it will feature music from KISS and Iron Maiden with a tag team duo named Fast & Furious to satisfy our speculations

#164 9 years ago

the_rock_vs_stern.jpgthe_rock_vs_stern.jpg
Can you smell what the Gary is cooking?

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Yeah, probably shouldn't have left that backglass out in the open. Doh!

Why it's not like the sides couldn't be seen.

#166 9 years ago

I live in the south, and trust me some people don't realize that this stuff is completely scripted. I really don't think anyone believes that TWD is a documentary, or that there are hobbits and wizards. If you like WWE - fine. Up to you.

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Hard to believe everyone here would judge a new pin before they even see the playfield, play the game, or know any information. /sarcasm
You people are amazing. I think it's hilarious that this came from way out of left field and basically blindsided everyone. Not every game will be what you want.
Chris

Exactly. And you got a bunch of likes for saying the same thing. I had some clowns give me "thumbs down" posts for saying the same thing. Gotta love it.

#168 9 years ago

Wrestling... They still do that?

#169 9 years ago

You people are amazing. I think it's hilarious that this came from way out of left field and basically blindsided everyone.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/when-will-next-stern-be-announced?tq=wrestling&tu

#170 9 years ago

The 6 owners of this pin can all have their own private discussion about when the code will be finished.

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Right, wrestling fans have that kind of money...

A buck, or 3 games for $2? I'm sure they can put that together.

#172 9 years ago

Agree - I'm not hating on it. Just not a theme I would ever pay money for to be in my basement.
It might be a great playing game, which I WILL insert money into should one ever show up on location.

Most posts are "I'm out" on purchasing if I'm not wrong. How can anyone comment on gameplay yet?

#173 9 years ago

Wrestling fans won't buy a dozen of these pins! Nor do they play pinball (maybe a dozen or so)

Stern is a rounding error on how much money WWE makes, this could be a throw away marketing trinket for somebody at WWE.

Drop in the bucket.

This decision can't be aimed at pinball fans.

#174 9 years ago

Alot of people will be passing on this title.!!

#175 9 years ago

Maybe this is what Vonnie D has been working on.

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Will there be a premium?
Rob

That IS the Premium - the Pro comes on cinder blocks.

#177 9 years ago

To everyone complaining about wrestling not being the coolest, you do realize that we're on a website talking about, modding, driving insane distances, buying, selling, pinball machines right? While we have fun with it, I doubt that it's generally viewed as the coolest thing in the world by the general public. There's a Star Trek pinball machine and everyone thinks that's ok. Star Trek.

#178 9 years ago

Wow. Zero interest in this theme. I'm always excited to try out a new game but cant imagine ever owning one but very curious to see gameplay and toys.

#179 9 years ago

Sorry dreamtr but after going through enough games we know theme matters to us. I have had fun games where the theme drives me nuts and it has to go. I get that for some turning all that off works but for many of us that's not the case and them trumps!

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

It's not about real or fake it's just a white trash stupid theme

Harsh. I no longer watch as the characters do nothing for me but I don't consider myself white trash for partaking in the past. One man gathers what another man spills holmes...

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I live in the south, and trust me some people don't realize that this stuff is completely scripted. I really don't think anyone believes that TWD is a documentary, or that there are hobbits and wizards. If you like WWE - fine. Up to you.

It's cool. I was just messing with you. Will pass judgement when I play it. Maybe cool, may suck balls.

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

This is a perfect example to BOYCOTT and not buy from this Stern Title,!! to tell them, we will NOT just
accept any title they whip out of their gamanator....!!
Also knowing, code will be taking a year out, Let's just say NO.!!! So they get a message.!!
NO LE Buyer's please.!!!! thanks.

It's an automatic BOYCOTT, it's a built in given

No need to even start the protesting!

#183 9 years ago

Whatever we are talking about fake wrestling ugh!

#184 9 years ago

WWE gets large audiences...but they don't get any decent advertisers (car manufacturers, that kinda thing). They just renegotiated their TV deals. Pretty much everyone is getting HUGE increases for live programming, but WWE sure didn't. Advertisers are very hesitant to spend money on WWE since the audience is larger lower income than, say, an NFL game. So that is a strike against this for Stern. I can talk WWE business pretty much all day long (and especially WCW since I wrote two books on why they died), but I won't bore everyone with those details.

That said, I know PLENTY of wrestling fans who'll spend untold amounts of cash on WWE stuff. So it's possible that they'll sell ok.

#185 9 years ago

I suspect it may be the new operating system i saw in an ACDC about 18 months ago.

This pic is from the ACDC, and there is an awful lot of empty space from the small bit of the backbox we can see in the pics on the first page

234137-i.jpg234137-i.jpg
#186 9 years ago

Can the op add a poll:
"would you buy a NIB?"
1. Yes
2. Maybe
3. No
4. No way in hell

#187 9 years ago

Maybe the LE will feature the WWE Divas.

RAW_1124_Photo_043-867495085.jpgRAW_1124_Photo_043-867495085.jpg

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's an automatic BOYCOTT, it's a built in given
No need to even start the protesting!

Yeah. I'm pretty sure you don't get boycotting credit for not buying something you weren't going buy anyway.

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Posted in another thread

image.jpg 42 KB

Not even announced yet and we've already got "garage door" pics.

#190 9 years ago

Looks interesting. Can't wait to play with the interesting playfield design...

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

It's cool. I was just messing with you. Will pass judgement when I play it. Maybe cool, may suck balls.

It's cool

It is just sad, I have actually seen people fight over this stuff (when people tell them it is fake). It is really sad. I know that there are pinsiders that are WWE fans, and can see it as just playing/entertainment - many (well I will just speak for myself) see it as a comical and silly. But I do like Star Wars and crap like that - so to each his own.

#192 9 years ago

I think if Gary released "Gary Stern's Tanning Salon" pinball I would be more excited than this.

garystern.jpggarystern.jpg
#193 9 years ago

Since Kaneda is in self-imposed exile, I'm going to chime in here for him:

When do you think they'll release the WrestleMania VE? And will that drive down the value of WrestleMania?

#194 9 years ago

Anybody actually a WWE fan right now? Im not actually even sure who the stars are right now. John Cena? Iv heard that name. Im just about 15 years out of it.

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

WWE gets large audiences...but they don't get any decent advertisers. They just renegotiated their TV deals. Pretty much everyone is getting HUGE increases for live programming, but WWE sure didn't. Advertisers are very hesitant to spend money on WWE since the audience is larger lower income than, say, an NFL game. So that is a strike against this for Stern. I can talk WWE business pretty much all day long (and especially WCW since I wrote two books on why they died), but I won't bore everyone with those details.
That said, I know PLENTY of wrestling fans who'll spend untold amounts of cash on WWE stuff. So it's possible that they'll sell ok.

Remember, there are 3 markets that Gary sells to: OPs, Collectors, and Individual owners. This pin in clearly targeted at OPs, so they don't have to actually SELL this pin to those wrestling fans, as long as those fans are willing to pump a bunch of quarters and dollar bills through them on route.

#196 9 years ago

Royal Rumble (the ppv not the pin) is WWE's official start of their "Road to Wrestlemania" which is at the end of this month. I can see them starting to advertise this then. But you also have to remember WWE and Sterns aren't looking for the HUO crowd. They want the Funzones and other amusement places to get these were kids play games at. WWE is PG now and kids love Cena (The guy in the middle of the back glass). WWFRR (the Pin) was late coming out and has a lot of sub-par superstars on it but has great game play. Maybe this one will be fun to play even though the theme is lacking.

#197 9 years ago

Did Stern really show a new pin at CES with the pf flipped up?

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Sorry dreamtr but after going through enough games we know theme matters to us. I have had fun games where the theme drives me nuts and it has to go. I get that for some turning all that off works but for many of us that's not the case and them trumps!

Not everyone is the same though.

You said it, "we" know themes, who is "we" anyway? Pinside????

Are you kidding me?????

Shadow, Demolition Man, Dracula. Those are pins based on "terrible" movies. Games are great though.

The "theme" pins for mancaves that people do try and are car based (Corvette/Mustang) are awful awful awful.

If the game is good I could care less what the theme is. I don't play games based on "theme", if I did that should I say no to Kiss because I like Metallica or AC/DC music better if that ever comes out?

No one should judge or say anything about this game because like I said before with Tron you have people that (especially on here) care more about looks than playability and that is where I see a lot of the complaints coming from.

Tron was a great pin. Some people hated the theme and hated the pin because...they didn't like the theme. Then they realized it was a great pin. So now everyone wants one.

Avengers has a great theme. Pin is subpar.

You see what I am getting at? It's never cut and dry. Seeing the complaining about the theme of the pin just magnifies what I have been saying for years about people being judgmental in the pinball community.

Give the game a chance.

#199 9 years ago

#200 9 years ago

Chris

You do know what forums you're on...right?

This reaction is nothing new. Happens *nearly* every game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.50
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 1,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-new-stern-game-is-wrestlemania/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.