Topic Stats

• 1,378 posts
  • 403 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by actenium
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 133 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

wmpin2.jpg
wmpin.jpg
IMG_15639744195672.jpeg
IMG_15644309513117.jpeg
image.jpg
thunderlips.jpg
image-264.jpg
ramones_pinhead_color_human.jpg
hulk LE.jpg
AT-12-10-Knock-Out-Ring-2c.jpg
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
themiz.jpg
image.jpg
UltimateWarrior.jpg
Wrestlemania_29_Stage.jpg
paigeauction.png

There are 1378 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 28.
#1251 4 years ago

Saw this on my news feed today, Jeff Hardy took a bad fall from the cage during a match a few nights ago.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/542005-video-more-footage-of-jeff-hardys-scary-cage-fall-from-last-nights-impact-wrestling-tapings

#1252 4 years ago

Just saw this! Randy Savage to WWE Hall of Fame! Could be timed with the LE!

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/01/12/macho-man-randy-savage-wwe-hall-of-fame

#1253 4 years ago

Umm, anyone else listen to the john trudeau interview on the broken token?
http://media.blubrry.com/brokentoken/p/www.brokentoken.com/podcastepisodes/brokentokenpodcast-episode-21.mp3

John says the on/off switch is on the right side of the backbox. Anyone else see this as a potential issue with pins lined up tight in a gameroom? (unless you have a remote on/off plug installed)

#1254 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

http://media.blubrry.com/brokentoken/p/www.brokentoken.com/podcastepisodes/brokentokenpodcast-episode-21.mp3

John says the on/off switch is on the right side of the backbox. Anyone else see this as a potential issue with pins lined up tight in a gameroom? (unless you have a remote on/off plug installed)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrestlemania-anybody-in-vegas-get-to-play-it/page/2#post-2171722

#1255 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Yes that is ridiculous and is an issue when we have pins lined up side by side. Come on Stern...

#1256 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Yes that is ridiculous and is an issue when we have pins lined up side by side. Come on Stern...

Sounds like a lot of remote power switch mods will be installed.

#1257 4 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Sounds like a lot of remote power switch mods will be installed.

Pretty lame we will need to mod our new pins just so we can easily turn them on and off..

#1258 4 years ago

Here comes the LE pics!

image.jpg

#1259 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Pretty lame we will need to mod our new pins just so we can easily turn them on and off..

Maybe Stern will offer the mod?

#1260 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Of all the dumb things, this is one of the dumbest! Almost every single person at home has these games in a row. For an operator, are these literally on 24/7 (honest question, I don't know) or do they possibly have a single kill switch somewhere? If not, then even on location this would be an issue as they pack everything tightly together as well.

Damn I hope this is a one game design decision!

#1261 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Maybe Stern will offer the mod?

That was funny!

#1262 4 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

Turd
Post edited by moderator: This is an example of a trolling post. Poster has been banned from the thread.

Did you take any video during your 50 games you played? What's that? you havn't played 50 games. Well then, I don't think you have enough ground to make judgement either way.

#1263 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

fun interview but man the hosts like to talk over the guest (in this case John T) too much.

#1264 4 years ago

Just heard, MACHO MAN is on the LE.

#1265 4 years ago

Heard from where?

#1266 4 years ago

From someone involved with the photo shoot.

#1267 4 years ago

Awesome

#1268 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Devil's advocate here - it wouldn't be a big deal at all if it was on the underside of the head and not the back. In fact, in many cases, that would be easier to turn on.

At least I hope so. My PB2K machine is a pain in the ass to turn on with the thing halfway back

#1269 4 years ago

Pinball Magazine will be publishing more official photos by Stern from the WM Pro at noon today (January 13th). These are from the same shoot as earlier seen photos, but more and in a higher reolution (at least they should be). Pro instruction card is amongst these. LE photos should be coming in as well and will also be hosted on www.pinball-magazine.com as soon as I can put them up. Prior to that I should be able to play the game and take photos and video which I hope to share prior to that. Maybe, just like with TWD, do a new video of Gary playing the game

#1270 4 years ago

IMG_15644309513117.jpegLE pics on facebookIMG_15639744195672.jpeg

#1271 4 years ago

LE pictures!

Post edited by mkecasey: somebody beat me to it, deleting pictures.

#1272 4 years ago

Looks fantastic. I still don't like the angled speaker panels though. Something about them that cheapens the look or something. Like they're forcing it to look more modern.

#1273 4 years ago

Off-center LCD kills it for me. I'm out.

#1274 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Looks fantastic. I still don't like the angled speaker panels though. Something about them that cheapens the look or something. Like they're forcing it to look more modern.

Maybe with the DMD angled up slightly, there will be less refection on the playfield glass?

#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Maybe with the DMD angled up slightly, there will be less refection on the playfield glass?

Maybe less surface area the reflection covers? I think the glare is the same.

#1276 4 years ago

Defying my expectations at least the LE has classic wrestlers? Madness, and awesome.

Considering they couldn't even get Star Trek's LE features implemented in away that makes sense, I can see them dropping the ball real hard on the coding for this machine.

I will be happy to be wrong, but coding for two different playfields and having two different sets of animations seems a lot harder than working potato flashers into the gameplay.

#1277 4 years ago

Does anyone see the 7 ramps in this picture? I see 2, but maybe a third is the shooter lane to the upperlevel? where are the other 4?

#1278 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Does anyone see the 7 ramps in this picture? I see 2, but maybe a third is the shooter lane to the upperlevel? where are the other 4?

Ramps is a misleading term.

It's the two up to the ring, the 2 wireforms leaving the sides of the ring (no wireform on the right on the pro), the two wireworms returning to the flippers from the bottom of the ring, and the ramp coming out of the shooter lane.

#1279 4 years ago

Played the game today. Will write an EAG Day 1 report later on to be published on www.pinball-magazine.com. As I'm following wrestling a bit I am quite familiar with the characters, the storylines, the creative aspect of wrestling and all that. To me the game seems to have a few things in there that seem a bit odd. For some reason the Money in the Bank suitcase is tied in with the Tag Team championship, which makes no sense. Referee multiball? Why?

As far is code goes I found the game pretty dull for now. Even after cranking up the volume I couln't hear any of the music. Number of voice calls is very few at the moment, while this game screams for constant commentators discussing your game. Didn't hear any wrestling talent voice calls /catchphrases either. Hopefully that will still come. Apparently they tried to install new code this morning, but that seemed to affect the strength of the flipper power, so they switched back to earlier code. Tomorrow morning new code should be installed, which hopefully will make a difference.

As far as the playfield goes: lot of fun to flip!

Due to the negative feedback on the video of Gary playing TWD a few months ago I was kindly asked by Gary Stern not to shoot any video. Stern will publish video themselves (today?). I told Gary I should not be punished for his lack of flipper skills, but that didn't help much. Others did shoot video, so there keep an eye out on Facebook.

Martin Ayub put some decent scores on the game and managed to get Referee and Tag team multiball going. More details later. i put some pics up on www.facebook.com/pinballmagazine. More pics in a few hours on the Pinball Magazine website.

#1280 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Played the game today. Will write an EAG Day 1 report later on to be published on http://www.pinball-magazine.com. As I'm following wrestling a bit I am quite familiar with the characters, the storylines, the creative aspect of wrestling and all that. To me the game seems to have a few things in there that seem a bit odd. For some reason the Money in the Bank suitcase is tied in with the Tag Team championship, which makes no sense. Referee multiball? Why?
As far is code goes I found the game pretty dull for now. Even after cranking up the volume I couln't hear any of the music. Number of voice calls is very few at the moment, while this game screams for constant commentators discussing your game. Didn't hear any wrestling talent voice calls /catchphrases either. Hopefully that will still come. Apparently they tried to install new code this morning, but that seemed to affect the strength of the flipper power, so they switched back to earlier code. Tomorrow morning new code should be installed, which hopefully will make a difference.
As far as the playfield goes: lot of fun to flip!
Due to the negative feedback on the video of Gary playing TWD a few months ago I was kindly asked by Gary Stern not to shoot any video. Stern will publish video themselves (today?). I told Gary I should not be punished for his lack of flipper skills, but that didn't help much. Others did shoot video, so there keep an eye out on Facebook.
Martin Ayub put some decent scores on the game and managed to get Referee and Tag team multiball going. More details later. i put some pics up on http://www.facebook.com/pinballmagazine. More pics in a few hours on the Pinball Magazine website.

Thanks for being honest.
The Money in the Bank should be tied in with the world heavy weight championship but I'm sure you already knew that.
Sounds like any other Stern title: what could be excellent is suffered by minimal code on release.
I've bought quite a few NIB titles and Stern just keeps doing the bare minimum on release as far as code.
Hate to say I will likely pass and wait it out then spend $7000+ on a NIB limited coded machine.

Tell Gary from me...it's not Pinball Magazine's fault....it's his own.

#1281 4 years ago

The only way referee multiball could work, or even makes remote sense, is if the annimation shows the
ref being knocked out. That way more people (balls) could "interfere." Even that is a stretch, but the only plausible option.

#1282 4 years ago

Code is clearly in its infancy. I wouldn't even begin to judge it until LEs ship.

Hopefully by then we see updates for TWD and ST.

#1283 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Hopefully by then we see updates for TWD and ST.

#1284 4 years ago

I also played this game today I was shocked to find The flippers were really weak but this is apparently due to Niggles with the new system. I don't like to judge games based on early code I'm really hopeful that this game can be good - I'm not sure it will be. I was pumped for the LE but I'm gonna wait it out.

It was nice to see the machine with side cutouts and the clear back glass so that the new technology could be shown off, the LEDs on the board works really well On the transfer lite. Gary was as passionate as ever about Pinball

#1285 4 years ago

Be sure to check http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/eag2015/index.html as well as Martin is also reporting from the show. I expect him to update his website with more photos later tonight.

#1286 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Code is clearly in its infancy. I wouldn't even begin to judge it until LEs ship.

Even then, wait a year.

#1287 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Off-center LCD kills it for me. I'm out.

That little LCD is a joke, right?
Come on Stern, time to junk the DMD and put a real BIG ASS LCD in the backglass like Jack.
O and where's my Star Trek code?, My Star Trek LE asteroids still don't do shit.

#1288 4 years ago

Very smart by Stern, probably assumes pro (featuring new generation wrestlers) to be in arcades to attract younger generation. LE appears to have yesterday's generation of wrestlers to attract the collectors. I'm looking forward to playing either

#1289 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I guess I won't hold out hope for the Ted Dibiase LE

from page 2
Ted Dibiase is pictured on the LE
hilarious

#1290 4 years ago
Quoted from marvelusmarvcus:

from page 2
Ted Dibiase is pictured on the LE
hilarious

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#1291 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hmmm, the LE could have the likes of
Roddy Piper
Andre the Giant
Tito Santana
Ricky Steamboat
The junkyard Dog!
Red Rooster
Hillbilly Jim
Iron Sheik
King Kong Bundy
Dino Bravo
Redneck heaven

double check your list, at least 4-5 made it
lol

#1292 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I bet the LE will be all classic chatacters.

this dude has pinball magic!

#1293 4 years ago

Just a good educated guess.
I can't type/spell but I have figured out Stern is getting smarter when it comes to marketing and they all have our (the home collector) number

#1294 4 years ago

it's nice they have some of the classic guys on there. kind of a mix between classic and the middle times. Not a lot of wrestlers featured on the playfield. Still looks pretty good. not a fan of the matte gold finish. Still can't wait to play it.

#1295 4 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Come on Stern, time to junk the DMD and put a real BIG ASS LCD in the backglass like Jack.
O and where's my Star Trek code?, My Star Trek LE asteroids still don't do shit.

I disagree. I like the placement of the LCD in addition to the DMD, it is no joke. It will be an awesome added feature. To bad the price is outside of what I am willing to pay for the LE.

#1296 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I disagree. I like the placement of the LCD in addition to the DMD, it is no joke. It will be an awesome added feature. To bad the price is outside of what I am willing to pay for the LE.

don't worry the secondary market is never short of games. I think this one will settle in the lower middle row by the time the dust settles. Similar to FGY, Soparnos and what not.

#1297 4 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

I actually think it could be quite useful, if used to display game info and not just clips of dudes groping each other.

My issue with it is that it's off-center. That pings my LCD OCD something fierce.

#1298 4 years ago

Tomorrow morning the games at EAG will be updated with new code and I was told I can shoot video Video of The Hobbit is also in the plans for tomorrow morning. Actually the idea was to have Jack play WrestleMania and Gary playing The Hobbit, which cracked up a few laughs, but one of them didn't want to do it.

#1299 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Tomorrow morning the games at EAG will be updated with new code and I was told I can shoot video Video of The Hobbit is also in the plans for tomorrow morning. Actually the idea was to have Jack play WrestleMania and Gary playing The Hobbit, which cracked up a few laughs, but one of them didn't want to do it.

Lol. That would be awesome.

#1300 4 years ago

awe tell us which didn't want too! It's all in good fun!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 16.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Seekonk, MA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Hardware
CPR Playfields
There are 1378 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 28.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside