hulk LE.jpg
AT-12-10-Knock-Out-Ring-2c.jpg
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
themiz.jpg
image.jpg
UltimateWarrior.jpg
Wrestlemania_29_Stage.jpg
paigeauction.png
There are 1,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 28.
#1051 9 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

Surely Stern didn't look at the (lack of) socio-economic overlap between people who still watch wrestling and people who are in the market for a NIB machine..
If only this was the attitude era.. Corporate Ministry 15 ball Multi-Ball would have got me in the door.
Will they ever make a machine again that is an original concept?

I think you have a small minded view on WWE's audience. One fan alone spent 17k on auction stuff http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2abirk/an_observation_on_wwe_auction_madness/

WWE programming reaches 15-20 million people a week.
http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/wwe-reaches-record-20-million-viewers-in-a-single-week-1200576453/
Week in and week out of programming and plenty of cash being spent on special front row and PPV packages. Adults are spending a ton of money on themselves and their children. To say that wrestling is just for poor people is silly. Before they launched the internet network, you would have to spend around $600-700 a year for all the PPV and if you went to the shows in the area then your cost was easily over 1k. The diehard fan base has money, I can't think of a game Stern has released that has this big of a weekly consuming fan base. Everyone has a memory of wrestling and kids love it, it's a sure money maker for Stern. The only other license that would be bigger is NFL.

Also with hours of weekly programming I guarantee it they will be the most heavily promoted pinball machine of all time. If it is one thing WWE does well it's self promotion. I have no doubt you won't have the George W. Bush voice acting like The Walking Dead game, WWE puts a lot of effort into the brand.

It's hard for the pinball community to do, but it's not 1988 anymore. They've been promoting wrestling as a scripted TV show instead of "real" sport for almost 30 years now. No one who is a fan of the product believes it's real, even the kids who watch it. It's a TV show, that has been in the top 5 for ratings for the 20+ years. A new brainer hit for Stern just on the name alone.

#1052 9 years ago

Everyone better buy soon I heard the LE's are already almost gone I used to say all new pinballs are good for pinball. But they are all so F**king overpriced now that I could care less if Stern, JJP or anyone else makes any more. I will never pay this insanity rape job. Although I will say out of all potential games TBL looks the most amazing and innovative. I do hope to see this game made and will probably suck it up and buy one when is made.

#1053 9 years ago
Quoted from robbycsmith:

I can't think of a game Stern has released that has this big of a weekly consuming fan base.

Really? You can't think of Walking Dead?

#1054 9 years ago

I think I can see coils on the gates at the top of the ramps allowing them to open to allow for essentially a looping ramp shot. Perhaps my eyes decieve me but I believe Trudeau used a similar feature on Congo.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1056 9 years ago

It'll probably be like Champions Pub where the ring will be used to defeat an opponent to level up. The ball won't go there after every ramp shot.

#1057 9 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

Gotta admit, I hate the theme, but the ring feature looks pretty cool...
» YouTube video

The ring feature looks cool enough to be an occasional thing like the Battlefield or Power Playfield, I don't know if it looks cool enough to be the entire upper playfield of a game. I'll defend the theme for days and won't make full judgments on buying one until I can play it, but the layout is absolutely the most concerning thing to me right now.

#1058 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

LOL. The TBL lower bowling area will get old and boring within how many games?

It looked like the longest you'd get stuck in the TBL lower playfield area was ~5-7 seconds, whereas for WM it looks like you could be up there for 20-30 sometimes (like in the video posted). Maybe they'll realize in code they need to add a timer to remove power from the kickers in the upper area each time you go up that's relatively short like the twilight zone magnet playfield timer, definitely needs to be much shorter than the stewie pinball timer in FG.

#1059 9 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

It'll probably be like Champions Pub where the ring will be used to defeat an opponent to level up. The ball won't go there after every ramp shot.

Agree with this. The video made it clear that ball times in the ring will be long, so I can only imagine it will be used during fights. If the ball goes back down the middle, there might be a timer or something to get it back up there. Playfield layout looks like fun.

#1060 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

LOL. The TBL lower bowling area will get old and boring within how many games?

I agree. And your point is?

#1061 9 years ago

1060 Posts on this Thread ... admit it ,, U want to play WWE and

#1062 9 years ago

Now lets hope the LE has all the legends in wwf/wwe on art. I think PF art is OK but cabinet is so bad.

#1063 9 years ago

I want to play.

#1064 9 years ago

The Miz says this game is going to be AWWWWWESOOOOOOMMMMME.

themiz.jpgthemiz.jpg
#1065 9 years ago
Quoted from mattenno:

The Miz says this game is going to be AWWWWWESOOOOOOMMMMME.

themiz.jpg 15 KB

he came to play

#1066 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You first, warrior.

UltimateWarrior.jpg 31 KB

*insert something about parts unknown and space rockets*

#1067 9 years ago
Quoted from robbycsmith:

I think you have a small minded view on WWE's audience. One fan alone spent 17k on auction stuff http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2abirk/an_observation_on_wwe_auction_madness/
WWE programming reaches 15-20 million people a week.
http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/wwe-reaches-record-20-million-viewers-in-a-single-week-1200576453/
Week in and week out of programming and plenty of cash being spent on special front row and PPV packages. Adults are spending a ton of money on themselves and their children. To say that wrestling is just for poor people is silly. Before they launched the internet network, you would have to spend around $600-700 a year for all the PPV and if you went to the shows in the area then your cost was easily over 1k. The diehard fan base has money, I can't think of a game Stern has released that has this big of a weekly consuming fan base. Everyone has a memory of wrestling and kids love it, it's a sure money maker for Stern. The only other license that would be bigger is NFL.
Also with hours of weekly programming I guarantee it they will be the most heavily promoted pinball machine of all time. If it is one thing WWE does well it's self promotion. I have no doubt you won't have the George W. Bush voice acting like The Walking Dead game, WWE puts a lot of effort into the brand.
It's hard for the pinball community to do, but it's not 1988 anymore. They've been promoting wrestling as a scripted TV show instead of "real" sport for almost 30 years now. No one who is a fan of the product believes it's real, even the kids who watch it. It's a TV show, that has been in the top 5 for ratings for the 20+ years. A new brainer hit for Stern just on the name alone.

If they could get 0.1% of the 20,000,000 fans interested plus operators, it could be the highest selling machine ever. The audience is pretty much the population of Australia.

#1068 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

A dude once offered my WrestleCrap co-hort and I $2,000 for the Katie Vick outfit we had. If you don't know who or what Katie Vick is, google it.
Trust me, those 400 machines will easily be sold.

Wrestlecrap alternate translite with Katie Vick, Gobbledygooker, Mae Young's baby, etc when?

#1069 9 years ago

This thread needs more Macho Madness

#1070 9 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

Gotta admit, I hate the theme, but the ring feature looks pretty cool...
» YouTube video

Nice! Thanks for posting.

Do the left and right ramps allow for orbit shots or do they always drop off to the rollover lanes?

#1071 9 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

Wrestlecrap alternate translite with Katie Vick, Gobbledygooker, Mae Young's baby, etc when?

You mean like the one at 6:34 in here?

#1072 9 years ago

The ring feature looks too much like the TF mini-PF that wiggled back and forth and ended up being lame. This game smells like a Gomez turd, even if not designed by Gomez (I have no idea who's in the design slot here). Colors, ramps, mini-pf remind me of TF.

#1073 9 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

This thread needs more Macho Madness

Agreed, that guy had the best interviews. 7:25 lol

#1074 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Really? You can't think of Walking Dead?

Walking dead is not as big as WWE, not by far....

#1075 9 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Walking Dead is not as big as WWE, not by far....

Season 5 premiere of TWD was the highest rated cable show in TV history. While it hasn't been around as long as WWE and isn't broadcasted continually throughout the year, it does get the most cable viewers.

#1076 9 years ago
Quoted from mattenno:

The Miz says this game is going to be AWWWWWESOOOOOOMMMMME

Get a picture with Miz's wife Maryse and then I'll be impressed.. ha.

#1077 9 years ago

I just went to a WWE event here is Sioux falls a few weeks ago. It was packed. I didn't expect such a good turnout. It was the perfect example of a melting pot. Including 35 year old drunk, childless weirdos who drug their wife along and then started heckling the wrestlers... aka ME.

#1078 9 years ago

I'm sure its been said many times in this 1000+ post thread...

But what happened to JAWS???

#1079 9 years ago

Looks like this may be the first sneak peak game play video.....

#1080 9 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Walking Dead is not as big as WWE, not by far....

Season 5 premiere brought in 17+ million viewers and continues to post numbers around 14 million this year. And that's one TWD episode per week on cable vs. WWE which airs multiple shows on multiple networks every week to hit their 15-20 million.

So yeah I would say it's just as big, and could grow even bigger once the spinoff series debuts.

#1081 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Agreed, that guy had the best interviews. 7:25 lol
» YouTube video

That was great, thanks for posting that. The guy had to be on something.

#1082 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

They can't change the playfield

Huh?

Tron Pro/Premium - different art, inserts, routing.
Metallica Pro/Premium - Different inserts, routing.
Mustang - Different art, routing, AND the premium (!?!) was the unique playfield variant. Pro and LE had the same art package.

There's more, obviously, but there's zero reason at all the playfield art/plastics couldn't be replaced with the correct guys.

#1083 9 years ago

Layout looks fun to me but it's still a bad theme. Sure, wrestling has it's popularity but so do pop stars and boy bands. Pinball does better with themes that can be understood by all. I've never seen TWD but I get zombies. Wrestling is wrestling - you either like it or you don't.

I agree that the mini playfield is clever but not sure it should take center stage. It would be pretty cool in multiball, though.

#1084 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I'm sure its been said many times in this 1000+ post thread...
But what happened to JAWS???

Nothing!!! There never was a Jaws! Underlord suckered a bunch of you with his false sense of pull with some fictional Stern employee. You were punked.

#1085 9 years ago

Not a fan of the theme either, but the game might still be good. WOZ has sort of grown on me in spite of my lack of enthusiasm for the theme too, so we'll see. Now if they could have boy bands and wrestling in one theme, I might be more interested. I'd enjoy smacking Harry Stiles upside the head with a chair.

#1086 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nothing!!! There never was a Jaws! Underlord suckered a bunch of you with his false sense of pull with some fictional Stern employee. You were punked.

Remember the voices from the TWD TV show are still coming.

#1087 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Huh?
Tron Pro/Premium - different art, inserts, routing.Metallica Pro/Premium - Different inserts, routing.Mustang - Different art, routing, AND the premium (!?!) was the unique playfield variant. Pro and LE had the same art package.
There's more, obviously, but there's zero reason at all the playfield art/plastics couldn't be replaced with the correct guys.

No...Mustang pro and LE did not have the same playfield art. There were 3 variations. Really hoping the same gets done here!

#1088 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Remember the voices from the TWD TV show are still coming.

Wow, forgot about that one....yeah man...Underlord is a fraud and should apologize to those who believed his "insider" information.

#1089 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Correct.

Funny thing is that the way that Jaws thread started out, I thought it was obviously just for fun. I didn't realize until much later that it had turned into him seriously saying he had information that it was actually being done.

#1090 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Correct.
Funny thing is that the way that Jaws thread started out, I thought it was obviously just for fun. I didn't realize until much later that it had turned into him seriously saying he had information that it was actually being done.

Maybe it is LOL

#1091 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You were punked.

Shocking. I'm certain this is a once only event on Pinside.

#1092 9 years ago

I thought Jaws was coming w/ TWD cast call-outs?

#1093 9 years ago

Will game be on display at EAG London next week?

#1094 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You were punked.

I wouldn't be so sure about that...

#1095 9 years ago

ALL THESE MUSCLE MEN WITH NO SHIRTS

This is worse than Juicy Melons, I can't imagine the feminist outcry about how this degrades men.

Oh wait...

#1096 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Correct.

wtf then where did my pre-order money go to...

#1097 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

Agree with this. The video made it clear that ball times in the ring will be long, so I can only imagine it will be used during fights. If the ball goes back down the middle, there might be a timer or something to get it back up there. Playfield layout looks like fun.

I hope this is the case. IMHO, mini-playfields are successful when they are:
- skillful
- short in duration of ball-time
- limited access during gameplay

On the second and third items, you can go further on the spectrum of one by decreasing the other (ie. provide longer mini-PF time if the accessibility of the mini-PF is more limited).

#1098 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

No...Mustang pro and LE did not have the same playfield art. There were 3 variations. Really hoping the same gets done here!

Okay, that just makes my point more then. =P

#1099 9 years ago

Wrestlemania was going to be Jaws. The upper playfield was the cove and you were popping air canisters into the shark's mouth. they rethemed in the 11th hour.

#1100 9 years ago

My distributor friend Remembers piles and piles of Unsold Royal Rumbles sitting around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 26.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-new-stern-game-is-wrestlemania/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.