hulk LE.jpg
AT-12-10-Knock-Out-Ring-2c.jpg
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
themiz.jpg
image.jpg
UltimateWarrior.jpg
Wrestlemania_29_Stage.jpg
paigeauction.png

There are 1,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 28.
#801 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I guess I'd rather be "white trash" and enjoy wrestling

I have a PhD and actually enjoy wrestling too...
(May be not too seriously, but I really enjoyed Mickey Rourke's role in "The Wrestler" movie. It was moving.)

#802 9 years ago

I guess Stern is just following PAPA's lead:

Circuit-Belt-300x200.jpgCircuit-Belt-300x200.jpg
#803 9 years ago

Amazing negativity here, why not be happy that Stern is finally starting to try some new stuff technology-wise

Also I think this game looks real cool, got my wwe-thingie fired up again!

#804 9 years ago
Quoted from PinBiohazard:

Best Entrance of SumerSlam 1992

maxresdefault.jpg 112 KB

Looks like a giant DMD behind him, so that makes sense.

#805 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

This comment needs far more thumbs down than it has gotten. Probably because it is buried in a thread that is growing fast.
I have been to numerous wwe events.. many in Cleveland, Ohio. And a very large portion of the crowd is Hispanic and African-American. Maybe take a few minutes to get off your high horse and think before you say such ingnorant remarks.
I guess I'd rather be "white trash" and enjoy wrestling than have an attitude like yours.

I grew up in the northeast and all the major cities, (NY, Philly, Boston, etc.) have huge wrestling fans. It may not be highbrow entertainment, but anyone that thinks it's a "redneck" thing is wrong. I'd bet there are plenty of people across the country and economic spectrum who watch wrestling just like all the reality TV shows and UFC. Lots of closet "rednecks."

#806 9 years ago

You know what I like on this design more than anything else? The minimalist wireform ramps returning the ball to the inlanes. Other than maybe RCT or TSPP, most pinballs have cages to ensure the ball somehow doesn't fall off (why would it unless you're nudging)? It looks very clean, and doesn't block the playfield as much.

#807 9 years ago

I've sold one game and I'm ready to offer. I know code won't be done and many have already thrown this game to the side based on theme but not me I'll be getting my first nib sooner than expected and I'm thrilled. When was the last time stern did s upper playfield?!...family guy? Can't wait to get this next to my royal rumble!

#808 9 years ago

Game looks fun as hell. Can't wait to play. New system looks cool too. RIP florescent bulb.

#809 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...following Stern's schedule, this leaves one more new title this year. Plus Whoa Nellie, plus the rumored LOTR VE, plus MMR production. I don't see how they could possibly push out more than that in one year. I'm getting bummed because now Game of Thrones isn't looking too good...let's hope that's the one Steve Richie has been working on for a while now.

This game won't take up too much time on the assembly line. They will probably sell a weeks production worth in total before killing it.

#810 9 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I'm kind of surprised Stern didn't add some "action" figures to the playfield.

I'm glad they didn't. Can't stand the bash figures in X-Men or too many toy figures in general. Those can certainly be added by the owner as they like though. The design is definitely not cookie cutter. Kudos for that. Still hate the theme.

#811 9 years ago

Theme is not the end all be all for me but it does play a factor.....in some cases more than others.

This pin could (and probably will) tank. It could even become available for re-sale at 2k and I still would not buy it. I'm having a hard time thinking of a (legitimate) worse theme.

#812 9 years ago

I bet this game kills it on route.

#813 9 years ago
Quoted from housty1820:

I bet this game kills it on route.

I'd buy one for a route.

#814 9 years ago

WWE pinball...I feel a Hitler video coming soon.

#815 9 years ago

Great license, great looking game. Can't wait to play it.

#816 9 years ago

I just wish Stern had done this license in 2001 instead of Monopoly. Imagine an Attitude Era WWE machine!

#817 9 years ago

i'm no wrestling fan but this looks like a really fun game!

#819 9 years ago

I say well done John Trudeau... This table looks like a lot of fun

#821 9 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

Looks like a giant DMD behind him, so that makes sense.

huehuehue thats because of poor quality look how big and crisp the newer Titantrons are

#822 9 years ago

If you hate the theme(not me, but clearly plenty of you guys), you can at least be excited about Stern taking a stop forward in technology that will translate into the other releases this year and in the future.

#823 9 years ago
Quoted from RichmanBri:

If you hate the theme(not me, but clearly plenty of you guys), you can at least be excited about Stern taking a stop forward in technology that will translate into the other releases this year and in the future.

Will the Linux system make the BIN files any different, for Pinball Browsing capabilities?

#824 9 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Amazing negativity here, why not be happy that Stern is finally starting to try some new stuff technology-wise
Also I think this game looks real cool, got my wwe-thingie fired up again!

To be fair, most of the negativity is about the theme. The pinball looks great. Nice layout and old school bonus countdown and multipliers. Count me in on playing. Just not ever having a Wrestling pin in my house.

#825 9 years ago
Quoted from RichmanBri:

I mean, that's cool and all, I admit I'm more curious about Spike than the actual game, but at the end of the day it's invisible stuff. I'll care if it means they stop releasing half ass coded games. Until then though it's not a huge deal to people who just want to play pinball.

#826 9 years ago

Lots of crybabies complaining about the theme. Boo hoo. They can't all be geek/nerd themes.

If it's fun, I'll play it. If it's really fun, I'll buy it.

#827 9 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

» YouTube video

They could of showed some gameplay.

#828 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wow, holy smokes. Might not be the best theme ever but that is a seriously promising pro, and the LE sounds like a blast with a spinner and being able to whack the ball off the wireform to god knows where.
Totally dig the minimalist ball return wireforms that are just two rails and not big chunky plastic ramps or 4-wire surrounds.

Yeah, I like than in RBION too.

#829 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

They could of showed some gameplay.

They said gameplay won't be shown until CES starts tomorrow.

#830 9 years ago

The one thing I was never super stoked about on Jokerz! was the upper pf and waiting for the ball to dribble back down, this looks like quite an improvement here which some active ropes to work, could set up fun jackpots trying to keep balls in play on both playfields.

#831 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

They said gameplay won't be shown until CES starts tomorrow.

Doesn't it start today?

#832 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Doesn't it start today?

Tomorrow

#833 9 years ago

Ok so now where is the tintin machine

#834 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Doesn't it start today?

Damn these people! Throw us a bone.

#835 9 years ago

Wrestling legend Hulk Hogan will individually autograph each of the numbered WWE Legends of Wrestlemania Limited Edition (LE) machines on a bottom arch mounted gold plaque. With only 400 autographs available, this collectible must be limited to that number of games. The LE game art features classic WWE stars, of course including Hulk Hogan. Actual WWE wrestling action is projected on the LE’s replica “Titantron” playfield level 5.7 inch LCD directly above the ring. The ball is always wild when it comes into contact with the LE’s exclusive "Chaos" spinning DISC while a third “Wham! Arm” flipper allows players to knock the ball off a wire ramp.

#836 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

WWE pinball...I feel a Hitler video coming soon.

Maybe Hitler with a positive message... Not sure sure that would work though.

#837 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Doesn't it start today?

Floor officially opens tomorrow: http://www.cesweb.org/Show-Floor/Exhibit-Hours

Looking at their website it looks like today is some kind of press day maybe?

#838 9 years ago

I want to play it before I judge. Maybe the game play is phenomenal. Plus if there "new" board setup allows for easier maintenance and perhaps easier programming then that's a good thing. Right?

#839 9 years ago
Quoted from PinBiohazard:

the only question is, will there be a Sting mode in the future?
» YouTube video

I predict that he'd cameo like Deadpool in X-Men,
like knock knock on the DMD.

#840 9 years ago

Game looks amazing!!!! Great layout, features and very marketable theme!

LE features are sweet! Autographed by the HULK! LCD Screen! Unique art! 3rd flipper!

Oh and BTW... all games are now 3 channel Stereo with a built-in headphone jack!

I cannot wait to flip one of these things! Oh, and props to getting the ACTUAL voices of WWE with the ring announcers as well as the licensed music! That means no "Rick Grimes imitations" in this one!

Big step forward for Stern! No missed deadlines... they didnt set any! HA!

#841 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I mean, that's cool and all, I admit I'm more curious about Spike than the actual game, but at the end of the day it's invisible stuff. I'll care if it means they stop releasing half ass coded games. Until then though it's not a huge deal to people who just want to play pinball.

True, but those people aren't buying these machines. Although, I might argue that it allows people that just play pinball to reap the benefits of said systems with the machines being more enjoyable to play, potentially deeper rule sets, and less downtime.

#842 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Floor officially opens tomorrow: http://www.cesweb.org/Show-Floor/Exhibit-Hours
Looking at their website it looks like today is some kind of press day maybe?

Press Day off the show floor... exhibit floor opens tomorrow. I've not worked CES so I don't know how strict they are about bringing people onto the floor... obviously not too strict since Verge and others got interview time already

#843 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I wonder if we'll see the benefits of Spike on this release - such as a noticeable improvement in sound (Stereo?), or if this is the "transition game"...essentially a SAM game running on the new system.

#844 9 years ago

amazing swings here...

Based on images - worst thing ever
Base on some more images - wow.. really cool

Instead we don't really know how the new stuff plays/feels.. nor how the game itself plays. Can't we all keep it in our pants until we get some gameplay?

#845 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Theme is not the end all be all for me but it does play a factor.....in some cases more than others.
This pin could (and probably will) tank. It could even become available for re-sale at 2k and I still would not buy it. I'm having a hard time thinking of a (legitimate) worse theme.

I don't know, Apollo 13 is pretty bad.

#846 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I don't know, Apollo 13 is pretty bad.

he's got a point!

#847 9 years ago

If nothing else, gotta give Stern props for advancing technology... Whether or not the theme sings to you or not

#848 9 years ago

Kids that are 6 to 16 are gonna like this game. Might help get some of that younger generation into pinball. If I was still 12 and it was in an arcade I'd be begging for quarters from my parents!

#849 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Everybody says the positives for this pin are that it "might" do well ON LOCATION.
What does a doing "on location" really even mean today?

It's relative.

For instance, if a game that costs almost 5X more than my Dr Dude
won't do around 5X better than it on location (a sports bar at that),
then it's not worth the $$$$.$$

#850 9 years ago

Stern have played it smart with the LE this time introducing the classic wrestlers that we grew up with for the LE's. It's one way to ensure lots of LE's Selling

You can only assume the Premium will be LE game features but Pro art...... potentially makes the LE more valuable in years to come

still not a game I would buy.

I am also wondering where modders can get their power for new mods with the new single board.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 26.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Norwood, MA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
Hardware
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-new-stern-game-is-wrestlemania/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.