hulk LE.jpg
AT-12-10-Knock-Out-Ring-2c.jpg
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
themiz.jpg
image.jpg
UltimateWarrior.jpg
Wrestlemania_29_Stage.jpg
paigeauction.png
There are 1,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 28.
#601 9 years ago
Quoted from monty-:

here's the official press release
note the LE features including an LCD display and a "classic" wrestling theme
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/stern-pinball-ready-rumble-150000003.html

The LE sounds awesome! Classic wrestlers, 10 walkout music tracks, "Wham! Arm" Flipper, spinning chaos disc, player controlled slingshots, color 5.7" LCD playing footage, etc. Too me this sounds much more interesting than TWD LE which is basically a re-hash of IM and Met.

Wrestling legend Hulk Hogan will individually autograph each of the numbered WWE Legends of Wrestlemania Limited Edition (LE) machines on a bottom arch mounted gold plaque. With only 400 autographs available, this collectible must be limited to that number of games. The LE game art features classic WWE stars, of course including Hulk Hogan. Actual WWE wrestling action is projected on the LE's replica "Titantron" playfield level 5.7 inch LCD directly above the ring. The ball is always wild when it comes into contact with the LE's exclusive "Chaos" spinning DISC while a third "Wham! Arm" flipper allows players to knock the ball off a wire ramp.

#602 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

But there are pin people that are vendors at ces... Working on getting someone else to take pf pic while booths are being set up still

True, but it's kind of a violation of the rules. If that matters...

#603 9 years ago

Everyone change their tune in 3...2...1...

#604 9 years ago

Playfield looks pretty neat to me, I dig the money in the bank briefcase plastic/toy, nice touch.

edit: But I'll wait for the premium

Post edited by LapsedGamer: additional thought

#605 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Bit of an awkward name for the new hardware imo

Isn't it just Spike(TM) not Spiketm? Figured the presser didn't copy-pasta properly.

#606 9 years ago

So how long before jpop sues stern for putting a lcd in the spot where he patented it?

#607 9 years ago

Just read the press release.Sounds like a new board set/platform.SPIKETM

#608 9 years ago

Gotta say, that looks pretty fun!

#609 9 years ago

If the LE is a whole new art package with just classic starts - that's pretty brilliant. All the old guys with money that remember wrestling nostalgically will be more attracted to that one, the location/route buyers get the current day art on the pro.

#610 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

spinning DISC

Again?Must have some left over from Tron

#611 9 years ago

I can't say I like the theme but some of the features seem pretty cool. Does Stern even have a focus group or consumer group to ask about what theme will be more popular? I still think 1 or 2 really bad themes could bring Stern down so I hope the next one is a good theme. Lets hope its not Kiss.

#612 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Have to admit, if you're going to do a wrestling theme, that upper PF ring mech is pretty cool.

What is the mech? I'm trying to figure it out and have no idea how that's suppose to work? Magnets like TZ mini playfield? Kickback targets like gottlieb? What's going on here?

i'm happy it's not a stupid fan pattern game. I'll be looking forward to playing this even tho, I have no idea who any of the new wrestlers are.

#613 9 years ago

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#614 9 years ago

I can't wait to juke this thing so it has different sounds! abit of Seth Rollins to abit of Stardust

#615 9 years ago

mustang a quazi flop????? ... WWE ???????????????????????????AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#616 9 years ago

It looks like a badass version of Jokerz!

#617 9 years ago

Looks dope

I want one

Gonna see where code ends up. PW79 doesn't preorder shit

#618 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

What is the mech? I'm trying to figure it out and have no idea how that's suppose to work? Magnets like TZ mini playfield? Kickback targets like gottlieb? What's going on here?

According to the press release, player controlled kickers in the lower sides, to try to hit the targets on the upper.

#619 9 years ago

The LE significantly changes the gameplay.. :/

#620 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It says in the press release. The bottom two "ropes" are basically slingshots that you control.

#621 9 years ago

Wellllll...everyone said they don't want more Rock Bands or Superheros....

#622 9 years ago

Looks interesting, but I have ZERO interest in staring at Super Cena and HHH. Maybe a Legends version?

#623 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I don't see a transformer in the cabinet

get ready for a surprise: transformer in the backbox and new position of the power on/off button!

#624 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

According to the press release, player controlled kickers in the lower sides, to try to hit the targets on the upper.

Ah, I didn't see the press release. Only the pics. that does sound interesting. I like the idea. Kudo's for Stern thinking out of the box and trying something new. I like where this is headed. And i'll look forward to playing it. I hope it's awesome so I have a game I actually want to put money into on location.

#625 9 years ago

Where did they find White rubbers? LOL

I think it looks like a cool playfield from the photos so far. Can't wait to see more.

Chris.

#626 9 years ago

More pics from http://www.theverge.com/

VERGE2015-01-04_07-18-56CES.0.jpgVERGE2015-01-04_07-18-56CES.0.jpg VERGE2015-01-04_07-19-27CES.0.jpgVERGE2015-01-04_07-19-27CES.0.jpg VERGE2015-01-04_07-19-37CES.0.jpgVERGE2015-01-04_07-19-37CES.0.jpg VERGE2015-01-04_07-19-49CES.0.jpgVERGE2015-01-04_07-19-49CES.0.jpg VERGE2015-01-04_07-21-08CES.0.jpgVERGE2015-01-04_07-21-08CES.0.jpg VERGE2015-01-04_08-42-17CES.0.jpgVERGE2015-01-04_08-42-17CES.0.jpg VERGE2015-01-04_08-42-46CES.0.jpgVERGE2015-01-04_08-42-46CES.0.jpg VERGE2015-01-04_08-43-27CES.0.jpgVERGE2015-01-04_08-43-27CES.0.jpg
#627 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Isn't it just Spike(TM) not Spiketm? Figured the presser didn't copy-pasta properly.

Well maybe not - on CNN's site the press release has the SPIKETM in all caps too - maybe it's an acronym? Stern Pinball Interface (K?) Electronics (T?) Machine? No idear.

#628 9 years ago

wow what a turn about, the first 10 pages are alot of people moaning, now that the offical press release is out then people are looking forward to it! this is a good thing!

#629 9 years ago

Where's the driver board?

#630 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

transformer in the backbox

Classic 70s Bally SS!!!!

This excites me more than anything else Ive seen or read about this game this morning!!!

#631 9 years ago

this pin is starting to look like The Best There Is, The Best There Was and The Best There Ever Will Be

#632 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Have to admit, if you're going to do a wrestling theme, that upper PF ring mech is pretty cool.

Agreed. I do not care about wrestling at all, but mini-boxing or wrestling rings in a machine are awesome.

#633 9 years ago

So the LE is going to have a different playfield entirely? Different artwork as well?

Has to. If the LE is going to be Retro you can't have the rock and john cena on the playfield like the pro and then subsequently have classic artwork on the cab.

#634 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Where's the driver board?

New platform/board set.Whitestar to Sam to SPIKETM.Somebody already mentioned transformer in the head!!!

#635 9 years ago

although if I got one I'm changing the Bella Twins Slingshots (if Superstar) Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins (if Diva) AJ Lee and Paige
Paige_2_CutByJess_01July2014.pngPaige_2_CutByJess_01July2014.png

#637 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

So the LE is going to have a different playfield entirely? Different artwork as well?
Has to. If the LE is going to be Retro you can't have the rock and john cena on the playfield like the pro pics.

Ms. Elizabeth sling plastics instead of the Bellas?

#638 9 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

New platform/board set.Whitestar to Sam to SPIKETM.Somebody already mentioned transformer in the head!!!

I'd just like to see a pic of it.

#640 9 years ago

so where is the on/off switch going to be if transformer is in the head?

#641 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so where is the on/off switch going to be if transformer is in the head?

I'd expect it to be where it's always been. Just run wires to the switch. Seems silly to move it.

#642 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Reserving judgment until I play it.

Why?

Nobody said the gameplay sucks. We are only talking about the theme. No reason to "reserve judgment" on that issue.

#643 9 years ago

Most ops I know LOVE the Sam system,saying how reliable and easy to service it is.
If Stern has "next leveled" it with SPIKETM we could be looking at a whole new generation of reliable route games.Regardless of whether or not this game is a hit.+ it probably supports LCD displays

#644 9 years ago

Looks cool. Glad The Rock is in. That's from my era.

#645 9 years ago

Looks like something completely different from Stern. To be honest it looks more fun then the last two games combined. Theme not so much but play......will wait and see

#646 9 years ago

"Linux-powered" ... whoa. Wait. What?

#647 9 years ago

I stayed away from the post for awhile because I'm a wrestling mark and my voice would have been lost in the shuffle but the ring looks like a really cool addition.

#648 9 years ago

Anybody want to take bets that if there's an LE version, it doesn't sell out?

#649 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Anybody want to take bets that if there's an LE version, it doesn't sell out?

What's the bet?

#650 9 years ago

Wish they would release a retro addition.

Hulk Hogan
Roddy Piper
Ultimate Warrior
Undertaker
Big Boss Man
Sgt. Slaughter
Macho Man
Brett Hart
Mr. Perfect
Ect.

I would be in at that point. Stopped watching wrestling in 1993-1994.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 26.50
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-new-stern-game-is-wrestlemania/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.