The new KISS code is a HUGE improvement

By BigBangBack

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Cities still may not do much, but the new music is a million times better.

@ Flat Top Johnny's in Cambridge

#2 7 years ago

Hmmm i think the scoring is a little out of wack:

#3 7 years ago

Oh Christ...now you've done it...

There should be a ban on mentioning Kiss Kode. It brings out the Krazies.

Get ready for tales of hatred, anger, betrayal, and revenge.

#4 7 years ago

What new music, did they add new songs to the latest update?

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What new music, did they add new songs to the latest update?

No, I just replaced a lot of the KISS music with other rock songs I enjoy more. This game rocks!

#6 7 years ago

I had my KISS about 2 months, enjoyed it for what it was at the time but the code SUCKED. Got rid of it, shame they swept this one under the rug for so long, as usual $hit old effort by Stern to support their games.

#8 7 years ago

I like KISS but obviously I don't own it and have only played it a dozen or so times (which may be why I like it).

Guess I don't get it though. If it sucks so bad why are the values holding so well on this title. Was thinking of picking one up and they seem to be more expensive than GOT (pro and Prem/LE). Was hoping I could pick a pro up for sub $4K or a Prem/LE for mid 5's. Guess i need to wait a while longer...

#9 7 years ago

Imagine if the programming team wouldn't have released Cities... might not be such an outcry about unfinished code. But it's the first thing you see before you plunge the ball. It screams unfinished until it does something.

Stern should really look into Agile development and get a scrum master.

Get the entire development team working together and not in silos. Design and plan games together and build a feature set. Determine what needs to get done for launch. Heck you might even sell the game unfinished, but the code that is there is rock solid and bug free. You could sell the game at a cheaper price with base code then people could buy new feature packs. If a game doesn't sell well, maybe you don't finish all the features that were planned but the game is still solid and may have a simple rule set like Iron Man.

This would allow ops to get a game at a cheaper price and not have to pay for features most route games will never see. They can turn around and sell the game to a newcomer at a low price and they will have the option to buy more features for home use.

#10 7 years ago

Hey mesmashu, are you a software developer too? You're speaking my language with agile development and scrum master.

#11 7 years ago

Well its clearly unfinished since you cant do anymore cities or multiball once you have been past Rock City wizard mode...mehh.. I am more concerned about the unbalanced scoring....

#12 7 years ago

Havent turned on our machine in months. No code. No play.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

same here. just a shame. don't know whether to sell it or wait. just a big FU from stern.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Stern should really look into Agile development and get a scrum master.
Get the entire development team working together and not in silos. Design and plan games together and build a feature set. Determine what needs to get done for launch. Heck you might even sell the game unfinished, but the code that is there is rock solid and bug free. You could sell the game at a cheaper price with base code then people could buy new feature packs. If a game doesn't sell well, maybe you don't finish all the features that were planned but the game is still solid and may have a simple rule set like Iron Man.
This would allow ops to get a game at a cheaper price and not have to pay for features most route games will never see. They can turn around and sell the game to a newcomer at a low price and they will have the option to buy more features for home use.

I've worked in several different forms of agile. It's not a pancea. In some places it works extremely well, and in others, it just makes things worse for everyone involved, including the customer. Just because it's the flavor of the day doesn't make it better. If it isn't bred into the entire culture of the company, it's just more crap.

#15 7 years ago

With the new LCD would be sweet if they just did a Rock & Roll pin, get a couple of licenses knowing we can do what we want to it. No more waiting for a pin of your favorite group. Maybe like MTV, bring back the old school videos.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

No, I just replaced a lot of the KISS music with other rock songs I enjoy more. This game rocks!

Dude, 'Jump' over 'Deuce'?!? Blasphemy.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Dude, 'Jump' over 'Deuce'?!? Blasphemy.

'Deuce' was replaced with ZZ Top 'Legs'
'Lick It Up' was replaced with Van Halen 'Jump'

This is a work in progress, and the goal is to have league/tournament winners decide what music should go in.

#18 7 years ago

Kiss is a great game with a lot of flow and deep strategy. This title will go up in price once the code gets polished. I'm frustrated in how long this is taking for a code drop also but if your on the fence about getting one this is the time to pull the trigger!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Kiss is a great game with a lot of flow and deep strategy. This title will go up in price once the code gets polished. I'm frustrated in how long this is taking for a code drop also but if your on the fence about getting one this is the time to pull the trigger!

I totally agree! Such a fun shooting game, and I really enjoy the different song modes. And with the last update, the shot and playfield multipliers add to the fun with huge scoring payoffs.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

better say :

This title will go up in price IF the code gets polished

and than i'll be agree with you

#21 7 years ago

Goddamn it! I saw this thread and thought the code had dropped and am now thoroughly disappointed

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

same for me talking about GB... i've set "new years day" in my head
but in the other way, hope is still there (remember MET, actually surelly the best STERN)

#23 7 years ago

This was posted on youtube on Nov. 23rd. At around the 7:20 mark he says, "The team is working on a big code update for KISS. I know the community has been wanting that."

#24 7 years ago

I played Kiss last week in Vegas at NYNY and fricken loved it!! Now granted, I had no idea of what was really going on in the game as I only played it 4 times, but of all the machines there, for me it wowed me the most... or at least equal to the Metallica that was there. Like one other poster mentioned above, I am surprised these have held their value with all the negative press on the code. Ever since I got back from Sin City, all I can think about is buying one and was hoping to find one cheap.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

I'm VERY new to this but really want to know the answer to 1 question. How do you replace the music in this game? I am a huge fan of the original, "Real" band and am struggling with the idea of making a purchase. I just can't get past that the songs have been rerecorded. I might be more inclined to pull the trigger if I could upload the real recordings! Since thanks for a reply!

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Tempest:

I'm VERY new to this but really want to know the answer to 1 question. How do you replace the music in this game? I am a huge fan of the original, "Real" band and am struggling with the idea of making a purchase. I just can't get past that the songs have been rerecorded. I might be more inclined to pull the trigger if I could upload the real recordings! Since thanks for a reply!

Use Pinball Browser. http://pavlovpinball.com/pimp-your-firmware-with-pinball-browser/

The music isn't great if you're not a KISS fan, so luckily that can be replaced. Now if someone can do something about those animations...blah.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Tempest:

I'd suggest paying for the full Pinball Browser so you get all the features. Makes customizing so much easier and user friendly.

For this title, the software has 2 files for each song (normal and the instrumental). Switching music is as easy as uploading the song you want over the original KISS song (normal version). I left all the KISS instrumentals in, and I haven't heard them yet during game play.

I think it is so cool that the Pinball Browser allows you to turn these pins into playable jukeboxes/mixtapes. Have fun!

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

I'd suggest paying for the full Pinball Browser so you get all the features. Makes customizing so much easier and user friendly.
For this title, the software has 2 files for each song (normal and the instrumental). Switching music is as easy as uploading the song you want over the original KISS song (normal version). I left all the KISS instrumentals in, and I haven't heard them yet during game play.
I think it is so cool that the Pinball Browser allows you to turn these pins into playable jukeboxes/mixtapes. Have fun!

If you want to change music you really need to pay for Pinball Browser. The free version only allows you to import clips up to 10 seconds long.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-new-kiss-code-is-a-huge-improvement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.