(Topic ID: 274115)

The Mystery Seeds

By chad

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    cbc7 (resized).jpg
    tbs (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    pp (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

Anyone have these sent to them ? It's part of a scam in getting positive reviews written up for the company. They pick a person, send them the goods, then open up an account in their name and post all positive feedbacks.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/illinois-officials-warn-of-mysterious-unsolicited-seeds-from-foreign-countries/2312947/

#2 3 years ago

Nah, they’re sent from the Little Shop of Horors.

Go ahead and plant them.

#3 3 years ago

I heard on the news that the seeds are from China. If you receive them, do NOT open the bag of seeds. Call you local agricultural government office.

#4 3 years ago

I wouldn't open it. I'd burn it. Stay away from smoke or fumes.

LTG : )

#5 3 years ago

Not this address, send it back!!

#6 3 years ago

Throw them in a pot on your porch and see what happens

Could be something lovely

#7 3 years ago

We've all got at least one friend that would smoke them...call them up and let's get this started.

#8 3 years ago
    pp (resized).pngpp (resized).png
    #9 3 years ago

Worst case they could be an invasive species. Don't trow in the trash since they may and up in landfills.
    Best bet is to burn them.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:Worst case they could be an invasive species.

Very much so. They took over my whole back yard!

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
    #12 3 years ago

Sadly the “brushing” scam seems most likely, but it would be pretty epic if a mad scientist had bioengineered evil mutant plant seeds and sent them to thousands of red blooded, green thumbed American gardeners. The kind of movie that would have played late night on the USA Network once upon a time.

#13 3 years ago

I'd 100% plant them. How could you not want to know what kind of plant you just got for free in the mail from China?

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Sadly the “brushing” scam seems most likely, but it would be pretty epic if a mad scientist had bioengineered evil mutant plant seeds and sent them to thousands of red blooded, green thumbed American gardeners. The kind of movie that would have played late night on the USA Network once upon a time.

Like Invasion of the Body Snatchers, but from China instead of space. I'd watch that...

#15 3 years ago

I know I'm Captain Obvious here...The wind causes cross pollination. (And insects like bees.) Planting them anywhere could be an issue, even in a pot.

#16 3 years ago

All 50 states have issued warnings about those mysterious packages of seeds

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/29/us/seed-packages-brushing-scam-trnd/index.html

#17 3 years ago
    tbs (resized).jpgtbs (resized).jpg
    #18 3 years ago

cbc7 (resized).jpgcbc7 (resized).jpg

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Like Invasion of the Body Snatchers, but from China instead of space. I'd watch that...

I was thinking pods as well like in the movie.

#20 3 years ago

What happens if you eat the seeds....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #21 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

In a way they have accomplished this, Monsanto and their Terminator seeds.
    You have to keep buying from them as the seeds you may save from harvest prior year will not grow.

#22 3 years ago

Crazy thing is, I ordered some seeds from China for an annual I wanted in my yard. They arrived in a package exactly like the ones arriving in other places unwanted and the seeds look exactly the same. Now, I'm afraid to plant the seeds I actually wanted.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

afraid to plant the seeds

Really?

You must not be well hungus

#24 3 years ago

Trust me, I'm not.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

We've all got at least one friend that would smoke them...call them up and let's get this started.

Well, I read this morning that some of the samples were identified as morning glory and baby woodrose, so yes let's definitely get this started!

#26 3 years ago

Good band name.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

Trust me, I'm not.

There’s a thread which goes into great detail on this matter

#28 3 years ago

Per an article that I just read...

“As of Wednesday, 14 of the seed species had been identified, according to the agency's Deputy Administrator Osama El-Lissy. This includes food staples like mustard and cabbage as well as herbs like mint, sage, rosemary and lavender. Flower breeds such as morning glory, hibiscus and roses were also discovered.“

#30 3 years ago

Well, if they are testing us to see if anything they send here we'll use. The test was successful.

Wonder what next ? And if it will be harmful or fatal ?

LTG

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Well, if they are testing us to see if anything they send here we'll use. The test was successful.
    Wonder what next ? And if it will be harmful or fatal ?
    LTG

maybe seeds of discontent?

#32 3 years ago

I received one of those mystery packages from China in the mail, but all I got was a measly pair of fake ear rings.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

maybe seeds of discontent?

To be followed by seeds of discord.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

Well, I read this morning that some of the samples were identified as morning glory and baby woodrose, so yes let's definitely get this started!

Hell yeah! Party time!

3 weeks later
    #35 3 years ago

Every time I plant a seed, He say kill it before it grow, he say kill it before they grow.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

Deputy Administrator Osama El-Lissy.

What about the nano-implants? In plants? What about that?

3 weeks later
    #38 3 years ago

The seeds are back! Second round of shipments, or are you guys trying a fall planting of the OG seeds to see how they fare in the cooler weather?

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

The seeds are back!

Sorry, but that reminded me of that old song by Thin Lizzy "The boys are back"!

(and first time around I did not even get seeds, I got fake ear rings).

Maybe this time around I can get some cool seeds?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-mystery-seeds?hl=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.