(Topic ID: 131068)

The Mysterious Case of the Elusive Purple LED!

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by BrianZ
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BSD.jpg
    purp.jpg
    purple1.jpg
    purple.jpg
    #3 8 years ago

Looks cool Art.
    I'll buy some on my next order.

#4 8 years ago

I had a lot fun testing those and other LED's with Art when I was down in FLa few weeks back and going over this new quest for purple led

Fascinating the extra miles Art goes for us and these games, Not just with this blub, with literally every single bulb they sell

I had such a wonderful time meeting Art and Spence and being taken around his awesome place,

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Having Some Fun!
    purple.jpg
    purple1.jpg
    purp.jpg
    http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smd-ppc.htm

Hey buddy me and katie cant wait to see you at the show. Also will you have leds with you to buy?

#6 8 years ago

Pretty

#7 8 years ago

Sweet!!!

#8 8 years ago

Those look super badass!!!!

#9 8 years ago

This is a really nice idea... I just used a lot of purple in my Star Trek (most of the right side and back are purple), and the small plastics kinda wash out with the clear lens. Marking this so I can try these!

#10 8 years ago

Very nice I will be ordering some soon.

#11 8 years ago

Art, you put the "Art" in Artist. Genius.

#12 8 years ago

Those are cool. I have not used much purple until my recent purchase of a JM. Lots of purple and it looks good!

I will order some and try them!

#13 8 years ago

Wow. Thanks I've been wanting these for a while. Putting in an order today.

#14 8 years ago

Thank you for the kind words.....I was personally, actually shocked, how nice these are in inserts!

For wanting a purple insert, I have found nothing better...and this to really fill the need.
    It strange how many lens thickness was needed, fabricated and tried....to finally work!

Quoted from bigd1979:

Hey buddy me and katie cant wait to see you at the show. Also will you have leds with you to buy?

My pleasure! Ill be able to bring orders, and Ill have some new product samples at Pintastic to share.

Im sorry I wont be setting up to vend, its just too hard on my health. I know CT will have a full set up there.

Ill make a post on Pintastic thread, if I have enough new stuff, to see if someone wants to install in their game at the show,
    and share. Certainly, this Purple Passion will be with me.

#15 8 years ago

Cool. These might look good under the super jackpot inserts in my getaway.

#16 8 years ago

I'm hoping for more colored Lenses specifically to replace formerly condomed incandescent bulbs on games like TAF, WH2O, LAH, etc.

#17 8 years ago

Hey Art you did it. I know you've been chasing this monkey since forever and you finally nailed it. Congrats.

#18 8 years ago

Wanted to order 24 but $15 for shipping to Holland is a bit to much on $18 of LEDS. To bad because they look great!

#19 8 years ago

Thank you Paul.....! Some of my inspiration comes from you!

Sorry about what the postal service and insurance costs me to Europe (Nothing I can do about that)....About the same shipping for $100 in an order, so maybe later.

Other colors.....maybe one day.
    A bit tough with the volume needed to make a series, and the actual sell through demand.
    9-12 year breakeven.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from KLR2014:

Wanted to order 24 but $15 for shipping to Holland is a bit to much on $18 of LEDS. To bad because they look great!

That's not bad really, how much would it be for bulbs from another company? Check it out and post back. A while ago I payed $18 to have one spring shipped from Australia, I needed it so I had to pay it it was the only place that had it.

#21 8 years ago

Awesome, this has me pretty excited! Definitely picking up a bunch to play with as soon as I get back from vacation!

#22 8 years ago

I will give these a try on my next order.

#23 8 years ago

This is great, it's about time, can we do this for every color. It seems like red and blue are the only current colors that don't emit white.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Some of my inspiration comes from you!

Yeah I know I'm a real trouble maker.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

can we do this for every color.

That would be something but like Art said 9-12 years to breakeven. That's a looooong time.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from KLR2014:

Simple, order more. Order extras. Order for friends. Xmas presents. Etc.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thank you Paul.....! Some of my inspiration comes from you!
    Sorry about what the postal service and insurance costs me to Europe (Nothing I can do about that)....About the same shipping for $100 in an order, so maybe later.
    Other colors.....maybe one day.
    A bit tough with the volume needed to make a series, and the actual sell through demand.
    9-12 year breakeven.

Ok cool ill get a order together for you

#28 8 years ago

Very nice, order placed. Must try these out!

#29 8 years ago

Thanks for all the emails and messages!

#30 8 years ago

Awesome Art! Will definitely be getting these on my next order.

#31 8 years ago

Comet does it again!

Art works crazy hard to get lighting solutions for pinball that just wouldn't exist without his efforts.

#32 8 years ago

Purple is a great color light for many pins can't wait to try some of these out and compare it to others. Thanks for the heads up Art.

#33 8 years ago

But is it purple purple?

Looks good! I know you have been battling with purple for awhile now, so hopefully this does the trick. I need to see if I can come up with an order so I can test these out.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

But is it purple purple?

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

But is it purple purple?

Looks good! I know you have been battling with purple for awhile now, so hopefully this does the trick. I need to see if I can come up with an order so I can test these out.

It's sooooo purple it'll make you pucker. I gotta come up with an order too.

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

But is it purple purple?

Not really....its more purple purple!

Thanks for the feedback...(and I like your Pop bumper bracelet!)

3 weeks later
    #37 8 years ago

It has been great hearing from everyone, on how much they are enjoying this bulb!

Thank you all for the business!

I could use some more pictures for the website, if anyone wishes to post some.....

Art

#38 8 years ago

Art,

I will make an effort to take some pics this weekend. Also tried some colors in white water such as the ice blue in the whirlpool and it is nice.

4 weeks later
    #40 8 years ago

Purples are looking good in BSD. Thanks for all the new bulbs! Ice blue has been a great addition and having a darker purple available is nice too.

BSD.jpgBSD.jpg

#41 8 years ago

I'll be off work for a week starting on Friday and will be installing these and taking some pictures. Sorry about the delay.

#42 8 years ago

I just did a TAF will all Comet LEDS. While at it, I bought a few purple's to play around with. The PP is a much richer/darker purple. Too bad it's not available in non-ghosting (especially since its being used in inserts). But a very nice bulb overall. Well done Art...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-mysterious-case-of-the-elusive-purple-led and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.