Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by SLAMT1LT
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What's the best theme”

• Muppets 25 votes
      68%
    • Black Knight 7 votes
      19%
    • Wonker 5 votes
      14%

(37 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BE8F9D39-4597-40B0-9694-B78C0D8824DC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190518_173102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190518_160150 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 4 years ago

The Muppet Show was my favorite TV show as a young child and would be a must buy theme for me! So many great characters, catchy music and humor.

As far as toys go you could have a Gonzo Cannon, Kermit's swamp lower playfield, Electric Mayhem pop pop bumper cluster, a mode where Fozzie tells bad jokes and you need to knock him off the stage, Pigs in Space, etc. It really has to be one of the best themes available at this point in time that hits a peak buyer demographic.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Whatever happened to the rumor that this was in the queue for JJP? Was supposed to follow Toy Story.

My guess is that it didn't happen for licensing reasons since Disney owns the Muppets now. Since Disney has been trying to promote the "New" Muppets I doubt they'd want to license the old 40 year old content from the Muppet Show which is what people want. A pin based on the new Muppet properties would be a mistake.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

New Muppets? You mean the series that ran for 2 seasons and was canceled a few years back?

Yes. The cancelled series from a few years ago or the newer movies like Most Wanted and The Muppets. The Muppets movie from 2011 is actually pretty decent. I think Disney will probably bring them back again at some point. I just don't see them having a lot of interest in licensing the pre-Disney content. Similar to Tron. That's why I don't think we'll see a pin based on the original Tron movie.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-muppet-show-?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.