• Doctor Who 11 votes
    34%
  • TMNT pro 11 votes
    34%
  • Neither 10 votes
    31%

(32 votes)

#1 2 years ago

So guys, I'm a huge huge fan of the DW pin. Oddly enough I've never seen the show. I am getting a pretty nice one, but am embarrassed about the price I'm going to have to pay for this. So, I figured from people that have played both, which would you rather own? A TMNT pro or a DW?

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So guys, I'm a huge huge fan of the DW pin. Oddly enough I've never seen the show. I am getting a pretty nice one, but am embarrassed about the price I'm going to have to pay for this. So, I figured from people that have played both, which would you rather own? A TMNT pro or a DW?

Definitely checkout the YouTube Videos on both pins to see how they play. There are also dedicated threads on Pinside for each game so worth reviewing those as well to get familiar with them. I have a Dr Who and it is an excellent machine. I've heard that TMNT is also a fun game but that theme wasn't for me.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Definitely checkout the YouTube Videos on both pins to see how they play. There are also dedicated threads on Pinside for each game so worth reviewing those as well to get familiar with them. I have a Dr Who and it is an excellent machine. I've heard that TMNT is also a fun game but that theme wasn't for me.

I've already played and owned DW before. That's why I'm excited to get it. But I figured I'd get some other opinions.

#4 2 years ago

Love DW. Sold it 3 times and always go back and get another. Great shooter and a must have candidate for a color LCD.

#5 2 years ago

No question: TMNT Pro over DW. Better theme, better looking, better rules, better challenge, better game

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

No question: TMNT Pro over DW. Better theme, better looking, better rules, better challenge, better game

Would you say they're both about a B+?

#7 2 years ago

I’ve owned a DW. I do miss it. However, TMNT is on a different level. Both games have a one more game feel to them and are great. IMHO = DW B+, TMNT -A.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Matt Smith is insufferable and his season is unwatchable.
Luckily the pin features only the “original” doctors from the OG run, so that’s a plus. Although Tennant was the most likable and would be a cool addition. The Dalek topper is awesome and the Time Expander is really really cool, but those are the gimmicks that keep that pin popular. I never found it to be a very fun game.

#9 2 years ago

See, I think this has helped me. I absolutely love the game. Live sonic booms, spelling WHO and that damn side ramp. Can't get enough.

Not played turtles, but figured I'd ask what people think. Thank you all.

#10 2 years ago

I just got a TNMT premium and am kind of blown away by how fun it is to shoot. It makes others games feel lame. It's brutally hard though so be ready for that if you choose it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7,999.00
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

£ 110.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-most-unlike-this-vs-that-ever-dw-vs-tmnt-pro?hl=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.