Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rimshot_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

All Sterns. Except ACDC

Whitey, I am assuming then you don't care for LOTR, which I guess most feel is Stern's best then?

#102 5 years ago

CFTBL. It has a great translite. Extremely cool look to the whole machine. The drive in theme is awesome. The game play to me is blah. I don't get it. When I had it I rarely played it, and it could not leave soon enough.

Another one is AFM. I would have to get that machine at a bargain basement price to even consider owning it. People gush over it. I would rather play something else. Anything.

JD. At this point I would not even want to own another one. Probably the most boring game in my opinion.

#103 5 years ago

I'll enter.....LOTR.......game bored me to death.....couldn't leave soon enough...

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll enter.....LOTR.......game bored me to death.....couldn't leave soon enough...

You can mod the game to fix this. I was ready to sell mine but it's fun again.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

LOTR's main problem is that you literally can't leave soon enough.

#106 5 years ago

Whitewater. Try as I might, this game does nothing for me.

#107 5 years ago

STTNG, TRON, MET, GOTG, HOUDINI

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

LOTR's main problem is that you literally can't leave soon enough.

Too Funny!!!...and spot on....

#109 5 years ago

Has to be Ghostbusters. When that pin came out many on this forum were gushing over it. Hell, look at the threads started about being the best game ever! EVER!!

Now look at it, the "new" has worn off and people are starting to move on to other games. If it was so great people would be still be in love with it, it has no longevity. People got bored with it quickly. I think when the color DMD comes out for it, it will start up again and then slowly fade away as just another fun pin.

#110 5 years ago

tron, i tried to like it...owned it for a year, it had to go. prob the fastest game ive ever played, but brutal drains.

#111 5 years ago
#112 5 years ago

Ok It has been a year since I started this version of the most overrated pin. Since that time I have liquidated 14 of my overrated pins! Now gone are: (I know you guys are gonna beat me up for this) TAFG, TOTAN (and yes I said this one was a keeper, I lied) TZ, IJ (yes that was another one I thought was a keeper) FT (kinda miss this one though) TOM, NGG, (I would get another one of these if the price was right) Hobbit, CP (bought another one of these I was wrong on this one) FH, Indy 500, WW, JY, anddddd CV. OK I want CV back! Overrated or not I miss that one!

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Ok It has been a year since I started this version of the most overrated pin. Since that time I have liquidated 14 of my overrated pins! Now gone are: (I know you guys are gonna beat me up for this) TAFG, TOTAN (and yes I said this one was a keeper, I lied) TZ, IJ (yes that was another one I thought was a keeper) FT (kinda miss this one though) TOM, NGG, (I would get another one of these if the price was right) Hobbit, CP (bought another one of these I was wrong on this one) FH, Indy 500, WW, JY, anddddd CV. OK I want CV back! Overrated or not I miss that one!

You love overrated games my friend! That list right there might be every game I think is wildly overrated (minus FT). No offense, different strokes for different folks, but it's kinda funny

2 months later
#114 5 years ago

So what Have I learned here. 1. Overrating games is opinionated. 2. Overrated games (games that don't quite live up to the hype) can be a process of owning the game and deciding it needs to move on. 3. Then there are games that I thought were overrated, got rid of, missed terribly, then bought back. So now I have my collection down to the ones that are all time keepers for me. MM,MB,CCC,SS,CP and CV. So maybe "Frippertron" ^^^^ is right and I love overrated games.

#115 5 years ago

Tron and Stern Star Trek

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Geo:

Tron and Stern Star Trek

Admittedly, I wasn't of this thought until recently. Finally just had it with Tron - it is a beautiful game and the sound package is great. After 4 years it finally got traded as it just wasn't getting played. I miss the idea of Tron as it was my first NIB and I modded the heck out of it. But I don't miss the game play of Tron. ST Prem same story....

#117 5 years ago

BSD!!!!

Close second FH.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

BSD!!!!
Close second FH.

Both great games!

#119 5 years ago

I wanna poke the bear.

To me, an overrated game is one in which everyone loves, and is overpriced because of it. It’s either too easy or too monotonous, or has a thin rule set.

To me, that’s Scared Stiff and Total Nuclear Annihilation.

I think both games are awesome, but not at its current value and fanfare. TNA surprises me. Keypad, overheat the reactor, destroy it, repeat. Do it 9 times and the game ends... which I hate. I don’t want it to end! I want it to get creative and make round two even harder!

Awesome games, just way overrated imo.

#120 5 years ago

Have to agree as I don't see the appeal as well. Nothing there to justify the price tag, let alone prolonged play at home.

#121 5 years ago

For me, IJ.....just couldn’t get into that one.

#122 5 years ago

EATPM is No. 50 and, probably if not for the Elvira theme, would not be ahead of most of the other Sys11s (especially Taxi, BK2K).

It's not even that I don't like the game. If I was in a competition and could pick any game to warm up, EATPM might be it. Just time, shoot ramps clean and strong, and try to limit side-to-side movement. But there are more than 50 better pins out there.

#123 5 years ago

This isn’t going to be popular but I’ve never liked TZ or TAFF

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

This isn’t going to be popular but I’ve never liked TZ or TAFF

I can see not liking TAF as most people have played the heck out of it. Machine still does great on location though.

#125 5 years ago

Pre 2000 AF and TZ

Post 2000 AC/DC and DI

#126 5 years ago

To me Monster Bash. Had a beautiful example! Really good looking pin. Fun for the first 30 or so games but the definition of a linear rule set. Got to a point I could not finish a three ball game.

#127 5 years ago

#capt-fantastic-and-the-brown-dirt-cowboy , Wizard! these two I have never played but just don't want to and the last one for em's Fireball . What is with all the excitement on this game? I played it when it came out and was not that impressed with it. Maybe more if they had 3" flippers but they don't.

ALL current ones, way to much going on to follow everything on the pin.

#128 5 years ago

I played black lagoon at a arcade for a good 2 hours, I have to say I was not that impressed considering the rating/reviews. I understood the game well and it just didnt have the fun factors of most other high rated pins. Would have to be a good deal for me to consider purchasing this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-most-overrated-pin/page/3?hl=striker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.