Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gmkalos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

raw (resized).png
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

What happened to this thing, at first glance I thought the pic was skewed! lol

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Super Mario Bros Electro Mechanical Pinball non coin Machine

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

I mean I get it they never meant Ben Heck and his disabilities devices, but there's some weird jacks on the front were they trying to control the flippers with brain waves or something lol

#3 6 years ago

This pin is designed for people with disabilities...Hope you were trying to be "funny" with your comments..
    .People---kids adults..etc.
    in wheelchairs are able to roll under this pin and play like a able bodied person.. The buttons on the front.. Lets them play the flippers and start the machine this way. A Pinsider friend and his wife have a Motordome pinball just like this one. They collected money from Pinside and other groups and always bring it to Spinal Cord events ever year....

#4 6 years ago

it'd be one thing if you were like "who did this and why???"

but you are clearly already aware it was for people with disabilities, and chose to mock the effort anyway.

#5 6 years ago

I'm not making fun of people with disabilities go play your violin elsewhere. I just thought the jacks in the front were interesting. And that someone could do this to a pin this thing is hacked up for better or worse. I wouldn't pay $500 for this turd and neither would you...or would you? Now if it were for charity and going to be fixed up and put back into a hospital or something I'd gladly donate. There asking $2,500 for this.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

it'd be one thing if you were like "who did this and why???"
    but you are clearly already aware it was for people with disabilities, and chose to mock the effort anyway.

Except that's not what happened at all and you choose to be offended for the sake of being offended. All he is saying is there are some crazy jacks on the controls for this conversion and personally I agree, looks like they have joy stick attachments as well, looks like maybe a sega genesis controller port? At any rate, no need to try and take the moral high ground and get offended when no one is even being offensive.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

Except that's not what happened at all and you choose to be offended for the sake of being offended. All he is saying is there are some crazy jacks on the controls for this conversion and personally I agree, looks like they have joy stick attachments as well, looks like maybe a sega genesis controller port? At any rate, no need to try and take the moral high ground and get offended when no one is even being offensive.

he made the thread to laugh at someone's attempt to make a pin more accessible. don't pretend that didn't happen. (he also called it a turd.)

#8 6 years ago

Hey PEZ you gotta stop reading troll bait threads. I was watching jack danger today from TPF and kenada announced that he's aloud back on so, expect troll threads to increase 1000%.

On a personal note, my son had to be seen every year at the NIH. There must have been at least a dozen machines in different waiting rooms, activity rooms and such. Most where stock, but several with switch to have both flippers flip one handed, very short legs almost having no legs. And yes wheelchair accessible.

I think I played em all even the real short one which was an TAF. Which also had several switches and extra side buttons for different button controls and foot pedals.

#9 6 years ago

Look this is in the marketplace now and it's not at a giveaway price either, $2,500 for this non working TURD no thanks! I have every right to judge this for what it is. Stop being so fucking emotional are we all walking on egg shells around here...you guys want to pillow fight lol

raw (resized).pngraw (resized).png

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

. I was watching jack danger today from TPF and kenada announced that he's aloud back on

Let the bragging begin.....

#11 6 years ago

I've seen plenty of overpriced common machines for sale, at least someone put a lot of work & effort into this one off machine for those who have a much more challenging existence than us. To call it a turd is ridiculous. I would love to see what the op could put together with his talents.

#12 6 years ago

I agree. Somebody put a lot of time and money into making this machine. How do you think they feel when you call their project to help people with disabilities play pinball a turd?

#13 6 years ago

Check my marketplace ad out, If someone wants to buy this and we donate it to a needy hospital I'd restore it for FREE! But to ask someone with disabilities who's actually pining over this right now and most likely struggling financially to pay that price and have to dump even more money into it is ridiculous! You guys can cry foul all you want but go ahead and buy it if your so freaking selfrighteous!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-most-hacked-up-pin-ever?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.